thatguyinthestore

Off to a Better Place
This roleplay is a part of the Chronology Series.

For OOC talk, please see our Discord Server. OOC talk in the potential IC thread is highly ill-advised.

Link to sign-ups.

There you were, doin' whatever it was you were doing. Probably something cool, right? Riding a motorcycle, doing a flip off said motorcycle, stabbing a few guys through the neck, all while that single glass of whiskey remains in the palm of your hand, right? And the best part is, you didn't spill a single drop. Though, perhaps you were doing something more mundane, right? Like laundry. Laundry is important. Dirty clothes are a bad thing, after all. They stink and have nasty stains on them and--

Anyways.

As you were doing whatever it was you were doing, you without warning and no matter where you were, several masked individuals appeared. But you could take em easy, right? You were a badass! And they just had a couple of wooden bats! How hard could it be? Well, it was probably pretty hard, considering the fact that one good shot to the head or just the overwhelming pain of several baseball bats on various points of your body eventually knocked you out, right? Even you giant crabs didn't stand a chance! And it was then that you realized...

Baseball bats really fucking hurt when swung by the right people, huh?

Anyways, when you finally did come to, you were in a much more... desolate place than before. Quite literally, in fact. As you stirred awake, you were met with...

85426957-dark-room-with-tile-floor-and-brick-wall-background.jpg

A dark room. It had some illumination, of course, thanks to the dimly lit bulb that had been placed oh-so-carelessly at the top of the room. The thing looked like it was in danger of falling out of its socket and shattering at any waking moment! Though, you weren't alone. Far from it, as a matter of fact. Roughly about fifteen individuals stood with you in the room, all looking just about as confused as you. One of which was clad in a dashingly dapper white coat, and a not-suspicious-at-all bowler hat to accompany it. He held a cane in his hand as he stared at all of you with quite the... peculiar expression.

taPBxFE.png

"Well, this is certainly more interesting than fleecing rich fools, isn't it?" The orange-haired man asked with a smirk as he leaned forward on his can with both palms. His one visible eye flickered to each of you, as if he was silently studying all of you at once. "Though, then again, I don't recall signing up for an all expense paid trip to whatever the hell this place is. In fact, I don't recall ordering this fancy new bracelet either!" The man exclaimed as he rolled up his white sleeve, revealing a black bracelet attached to his wrist. "Gotta hand it to the retailers, though. They sure did make sure you wouldn't lose it, considering the fact that the damned thing won't come off!"

It was then that you all looked over at your arms (or claws or whatever it was that you had) and found that you each had bracelets on as well! Each one was specifically fitted to your body type and size, and we'll leave it at that.

"So... any of you charming individuals wouldn't happen to know what's going on here, would you?" The man asked.

Better let him off easy.

Cast List
PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss as Bizarro-Girl (DC Comics)
2Bornot2B 2Bornot2B as Madoka Orimura (Infinite Stratos)
Benedict Cucumberpatch Benedict Cucumberpatch as Madam Mayor (OC)
darkred darkred as Sig (Jak and Daxter)
P PopcornPie as Swiftglove (OC)
GeorgeTownRaja GeorgeTownRaja as Goku Black (Dragon Ball)
Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters- as Bui (Yu Yu Hakusho)
ManyFaces ManyFaces as Tamatoa (Moana)
Crow Crow as Odin, the Allfather (OC)
RedLight RedLight as Loki (Agents of Asgard)
Jeremiah Jeremiah as Seth (Street Fighter)
Yamperzzz Yamperzzz as Warren Olortegui (Tembo the Badass Elephant OC)
Dylan.thomas7 Dylan.thomas7 as Murdoc Faust Niccals (Gorillaz)
DerpyCarp DerpyCarp as CRB The Phantom Thief (Pokemon OC)

Aaaaaaah, what a day!

Swiftglove had made off with the biggest, juiciest cantaloupe he'd ever seen. He carried it back to his den in his tail, his three fingers gripping it tightly. So tightly, in fact, that he accidentally bruised it, and its succulent juices made him delirious with their scumptiousness.

As he put it with his other stolen foods, however, the daze continued. Maybe it was rotten? He tried to distance himself from the fruit, to no avail. In fact, he just got dizzier and dizzier.

"Maybe all I need is a quick nap..." He admitted groggily, before flopping on his tummy. As he settled, however, pain settled in. Actually, calling it "pain" was an understatement. It felt like a power drill going off in his brain. Flailing madly, he released a shaky howl right before everything went black.

Hours later, the creature awoke, refreshed, but petrified. His first instinct was to jump up, his head darting back and forth. It was so dark in here, only one light.

"Oh my Gods..." Swiftglove's jaw fell. "The fleece finally got me..." And this was purgatory, at the very least.

His ears tilted to whoever it was speaking. When he laid eyes on the man, he felt sick. What in the world was that bipedal, pale creature? His muzzle was crushed all the way in, leaving crooked nostrils!

Instantly, he just wanted to look away. So why not study the bracelet he was given?

"Perhaps these mark the order in which we are sent to the afterlife..." Swiftglove proposed. "I don't really care where I go, I just can't believe they finally got me. I never got to eat my melon! It's not fair."

Bizzaro Girl awoke to find herself in a dark room after (impossibly) being beaten by several masked men. Bizzaro Girl didn't know where she was or what the black bracelet on her wrist was but no matter what she tried, prying it off with her fingers, blowing at it with her flame breath, shooting it with her frost breath, it wouldn't come off! She actually tried a second time, not wanting to believe it. As a result as her preoccupation she didn't notice or hear chatty-bowl-hat-man until after her second attempt to get the bracelet off. She screamed at the top of her lungs in frustration and wanted to hit something but couldn't find any wall so she just blew out flames from her mouth as she screamed!

”Me no happy! Me angry!” She cried out at no one in particular as she pretty much threw a power-exploding tantram. Flying and just exposing her powers to everything around while she screamed. Until at last she calmed down, hovered back down and curled into a ball. Crying a bit.

thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore
Open for interaction!

"The Afterlife, you say," the old man says, facing Swiftglove, "it appears to be neither Valhalla nor Hel. If I recall, many afterlives are more open and possess better lighting than our current situation. This, I believe, is a physical location in the world of the living."

P PopcornPie

"That's a point..." With a curious expression, Swiftglove looked at him tail, wiggled the fingers, and then bit down.

"YIIIIIPES!" The creature immediately jumped into the air, little tears of pain springing to his eyes. "Okay, unless my personal hell entails physical pain, you're certainly right!" He groaned, blowing on his bite. "I guess this is just a jail. No problem. I'll just stun the guards, and be on my way."

152095FF-9888-4F33-8A44-EE6CE8B02AB0.jpeg
"COME ON! COME GET SOME! I know where you live!" Madam Mayor screamed as she slowly woke up in the darkroom.
She looked around and noticed she wasn't in her world, or her office....how dastardly. Then some creepy orange-haired man began talking.....wait a minute...he steals from rich people!? Oh cool! Maybe this guy can help get that pair of high heels back that Benedict confiscated. She had a free bracelet too! Man she really was a VIP. Madam Mayor proceeded to stand up as she dusted off her suit.
"Alright, everyone! I'm Madam Mayor! HIIIIII!!! I'll be taking over now as stated in the employee handbook! And you orange boy HIIII!!!! YOU'RE going to get me out of here and get my heels back from that....oh so PLEASANT POSH PRI-" Madam Mayor would yell to Roman as she smiled before stopping herself, taking deep breaths,
"hoooooo.....anyways let's go everyone choppy choppy!"
@ everyone​

Bizzaro Girl was done crying in the corner. No one had comforted her indeed no one even knew her. She looked around at the rest of the people there. Noticed what appeared to be a doll and picked her up (Madam Mayor).

”Dollie?” She asked her intuitively at least as intuitively as she could given her level of intelligence. ”Me dislike Dollie! You dollie?” She ended up poking Madam Mayor in the chest all while picking her up one handed which shouldn't be too hard considering her strength. She continues to poke Madam Mayor, laughing a bit at the delightful squeezing sound she makes when she pokes her.

Benedict Cucumberpatch Benedict Cucumberpatch

Last edited:
maxresdefault.jpg

Tamatoa

Being stuck on his back really didn't help when it came to defending himself against being knocked out. But at least when he woke up he was back on his feet.
"Perfect timing! I thought I was going to have to look deep within myself and consider the error of my ways... So much for that!"
The giant crab laughed. But he'd still been abducted and placed in the middle of who knows where so he activated his biolumenesence to try and get a better look. That and check to make sure none of his treasure. It didn't look like anything had been taken and the crab had memorized every last beautiful item that adorned his shell. Only after the surprisingly well dressed human spoke up did he notice there was a band on his arm. He tried to carefully remove it with his other claw but it held fast.
"Oh great, there's a catch."
But he did like being referred to as charming whether or not Roman meant it didn't matter. Each of his eyes individually scoped out Roman's crisp white suit. Not bad looking for a human.
"Nooo, because in any kidnapping knockout scene ever people definitely know what's going on."
He crossed his arms and rolled his eyes and chittered.

@OPEN_FOR_INTERACTION​

CRB woke from their improvised nap with a start, taking to the air and looking around, looking upon the others nearby. "Oh, this is new. I don't recall reading about this." CRB takes a thinking pose, hovering slowly away from the fire spitting humanoid and getting closer to the well dressed man. "So, I'm not from this timeline, and I'm assuming you aren't either my tastefully dressed friend. Any clue what's with these tacky accessories?" He gestures with his arm to the black band attached to his arm.

71CADB45-B45B-409C-A933-BCB61D7E802E.gif
Bud Dink

Dink woke up in this new unknown location. Multiple thoughts raced through his head. At first he thought the loan sharks finally caught up with him.

“They did it! They found me! I need to get out!”
Before he got up he looked around once more. These didn’t look like the loan sharks he was used to. He decided he was safe. He checked his pockets only to be scared stiff yet again.
“M-My money! Where’s my money!?”
He pat his back pocket feeling his wallet safely inside it.
“There it is. Silly me.”
He stood up finally and looked around once more at all the ongoing shenanigans. If only Douglas was here to see this. He shrugged it off and began to walk around the area looking for something he could buy with his money.

(Open for interactions)​

"What in God's name is this place?" Goku Black asked as he looked around the area that is completely pitch black. "Would you explain to me as to why I am here?" He asked. "This seems to be relaxing at the very least but it bores me..." He said uninterested.

Before
Utsuho had just finished blasting Reimu and Marisa to pieces. The Hell Raven was feeling pretty confident even putting on a smug smile for the defeated heroines.

"I told you human fools already. With these powers I can engulf the world in a nuclear blaze. Prepare to feel the burn!"
The cannon on her arm starts glowing as she was preparing to use her spell card.

"Eat this! Hell Nova!"

Before she could finish them off with a coup de grace from her arm cannon some men in masks appeared and started hitting her with wooden bats. She powered down her cannon and laughed. Mere humans hitting her with wooden sticks? How pathetic. The cocky Hell Raven was laughing until she was hit square on the head and passed out.

Now
The Hell Raven came to in some room with the worst lighting known to man. In fact she was on the verge of de-atomising most of the people here with her arm cannon but that would be bad manners right? She didn't really care much for the human and...Lesser humans of the room and looked around carefully. This was not Gensokyo. Utsuho was surprised that she didn't dematerialise like Youkai normally do but that aside the people here were in fact far from human upon closer inspection.

She first addressed the classy one dressed in white

"I have no idea where I am or who the hell you are. Most of the people here are human so we aren't in Gensokyo, that's for certain. I think we should all introduce ourselves. I'm Utsuho"

She tries to yank off the bracelet but it was firmly attached to her arm and appeared to be very irritated with the black bracelet

thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore [Open for interactions]​

Swiftglove decided to study each of his new roommates. They all seemed devious enough, but, hey, everyone had to steal to eat sometimes. If he managed to create a prison riot, he didn't see why he couldn't let the lot come out with him.

So, overall, they were all mediocre, nobody sticking out to him...

And then his emerald eyes caught on the crab.

You know how the protagonists fall in love in cliched romance movies? In this moment, you could have swapped out one of those leads for Swiftglove. Glowing orbs of love appeared in his vision, encircling Tamatoa. His jaw dropped, and drool began to trickle from his lips. Air flow was cut off from his brain, making him wheeze out half-words. Not that he was too upset with the people who beat him to begin with, but now he was absolutely grateful. Those people who beat him unconscious had locked him up with the biggest, shiniest, most hypnotizing pile of valuables he had ever seen! Someone else could have that melon, now Swiftglove was in the mood for crab!

He took time to lick the bruises he'd sustained, then stalked towards Tamatoa, his pupils rapidly changing size. Even with that one light bulb being the only source of light, Tamatoa was breathtaking, coating Swiftglove's purple coat with pale golden dots.

ManyFaces ManyFaces

Warren was amongst the others stuck in this dark, mysterious room. He was laying on his belly unconscious for God knows long. The floor was cold to the touch and he only began to come to shortly before the strange red-headed man began talking to them. Groggily hoisting himself off the ground with his elbows, he started piecing together his jumbled thoughts and memories that brought him here...

Before he was knocked out cold, Warren was participating in another Neo-Phantom riot. A number of years before, Ex-Shell City soldier Denmoore Gabelmann formed the Phantom Army to take over Shell City and, ultimately, the world, with the help of an ancient relic that the army was named after. Denmoore, while he was still fighting as a Shell City soldier, discovered the Phantom Stone in a dilapidated ruin deep in the jungle. The stone held great power as well as the ability to corrupt minds, Denmoore's being no exception. After he went insane, he eliminated many of his fellow soldiers in his platoon before deserting who else may have been alive.

Using the Phantom Stone, many young men and women were influenced to join the Phantom Army. One of those was Warren Olortegui, who was only twenty-two at the time. There, he helped the Phantom army destroy most of Shell City and almost succeed in the capture of the Shell Island as a whole until Denmoore's eventual capture and arrest over five years later. He was hiding out in the Phantom HQ until he was forcefully removed there and placed in cuffs.

At the time, most Phantom soldiers were either killed or arrested. However, some remained and formed the Neo-Phantom Army, with Warren being one of them. They were still brainwashed by the Phantom Stone, which was somewhere lost at sea where Denmoore threw it away before his arrest. The new Phantom army wanted to retrieve the Phantom Stone for obvious reasons, so consequently, the Shell City Army was trying to find it first and destroy it.

Until then, the Neo-Phantom Army spent most of its time organizing terrorist attacks and violent riots. While Warren was participating in one of these attacks in Shell City itself, he was harassing an older man who disagreed with the Phantom Army, so understandably, Warren reacted with deadly fury. He would've killed the man if it wasn't for those strangers with the bats...

Warren weakly stood up. He was covered in bruises from the ruthless attack he'd endured. Damn, those bats hurt... While he was assessing the damage, the strange man in the bowler hat began speaking. He was barely paying attention to what was actually being said until he began talking about the black bracelets on everybody. He looked on his wrist and, wouldn't you know, there was a black bracelet.

Finally, after looking around, he simply asked, "What...? Wh...Where the hell am I?"

Last edited:
tumblr_pcfnkrnAS71xs5208o6_540.gifv

Tamatoa

He had this sort of sixth sense when it came to being watched. The giant crustacean turned on a dime towards Swiftglove. He could see the admiration in the small creatures eyes which only enticed him to show off. He spun around briefly, giving Swifglove a good view of his gold coated shell followed by a side bow.
"Like what you see? Of course you do!"
He grinned and winked at his newfound admirer.

P PopcornPie

"I...sure do..." Already, Swiftglove was a-pondering how he would get this thing to the black market. Tamatoa's jaw alone could easily fit a dozen Swiftgloves, and a tiny tap from his pincer would snap his spine like a toothpick. If whoever arrested them could beat the giant crab unconscious, then Swift could do the same, right? It probably took a LOT of guards, however, and some VERY heavy bats. Not that Swiftglove wasn't confident that he couldn't swipe one of those, but he would come back to the issue of carrying Tamatoa home. Thieves didn't tend to have a lot of friends, but suppose he hired some fellows from the black market, and gave them a cut of the profit as payment...

ManyFaces ManyFaces

Madam Mayor did nothing but smile as she was poked and pried.
“Oh how silly! You little brats are always the same!” She would say with another big smile before chomping down on Bizzarro girls hand, “Yes! You bite me....I’ll bite harder!”
PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss

Bizarro Girl didn’t react to the pain at all just looks at the Dollie. Then smiles. “You think me brat? Oh that’s bad!” She is glowing and delighted as she punches the Iiving daylights out of Madam Mayor, laughing all the while as she throws and kicks Madam Mayor around. She then grabs Madam Mayor and headbutts her, smiling and giggling all the while. “Me am bored Me am bored!” She cries out in delight, jumping around in evident excitement, still hurting Madam Mayor in every way possible. She then eventually stops and frowns. “Me am excited now!” She sounds bored.

Benedict Cucumberpatch Benedict Cucumberpatch

Eventually, Warren became aware enough to properly observe the others that were seemingly as confused as he was. And boy, were they an odd bunch! Warren was sure he was having a dream or at the most going crazy. There was this ginormous crab that seemed to glow in the dark in magnificent colors. There was what looked like a purple dragon that was going nuts over said crab, of which the dragon somewhat reminded Warren of the Phantom Army's infamous "Scrap Dragon" tank. Then there was this girl with grey skin that talked like a caveman. This woman in a blue suit bit said caveman girl and consequently got beaten horrifically.

Warren's blonde hair, which was naturally blackened at the tips, puffed up as he became visibly stressed. He glared at the red-haired man as he abruptly whipped out his trusty pistol and aimed it at him. He was shaking slightly and his eyes widened. He was like a cornered animal, uncomfortably wedged in an unfamiliar place.

"Who are you?! Where am I? Answer me!" He erratically surveyed the room while making sure to pay attention to the dapper-looking stranger. "You're probably one of Maddox's lackeys, aren't you? You've got other Phantoms here, don't you? Where are they?!"

"Introductions, I see?" the old man responds. "Very well, my name is Grimnir. In the tongue of my people, it means 'the hooded'."

The old man, Grimnir, walks towards Utsuho.

"You are a Raven, are you not? Specifically a Yatagarasu spoken in Eastern legends as servants of the Sun... ravens truly are magnificent beasts, being intepreted as a wide array of legendary beasts."

2Bornot2B 2Bornot2B

Yamperzzz Yamperzzz PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss ManyFaces ManyFaces P PopcornPie

"Introductions?" Loki asks. "Well..." He pauses. Wondering if this is all the same as last time, when Loki was transported to a chamber—where his 'fresh start' began. "First of all, this isn't another 'reincarnation', is it?" He does the quotation hand signal when he said 'reincarnation'.​

"Oh, man, please don't tell me I have to go through all the trouble again..." Loki sighs. "Gaining everyone's trust and affection is enough pain, especially bringing back Thor from the dead." He notices someone approaching him—Grimnir. "Oh, boy, here it comes..."

"Wait-- You're not sure if you know me?" Loki asks in response. "Well that's new." He points to his horned crown, and smiles forcibly. "It's me... But who are you?"

Crow Crow

Users who are viewing this thread