• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

800 Years Later

I watched some of that, was good but.. they write Ragnar, one r. Im pretty sure that Vikings is Swedish lore and not the danish lore and therefore two r's and christian vikings.. dont really stay vikings they just kinda become... Scandinavian christians
Vikings is based off of the English version of the story has many inaccuracies with the Norse Epics and Poems, it's a good drama if you can get beyond the fact that it is clearly a fantasy

Vikings is based off of the English version of the story has many inaccuracies with the Norse Epics and Poems, it's a good drama if you can get beyond the fact that it is clearly a fantasy
I loved what I saw I just... kinda stopped halfway through season 3, never got round to finding where I was. I know its fantasy but it does have historical basis. Like the Siege of Paris or wasisname getting normandy
I love me some Vikings/Norse

I loved what I saw I just... kinda stopped halfway through season 3, never got round to finding where I was. I know its fantasy but it does have historical basis. Like the Siege of Paris or wasisname getting normandy
I love me some Vikings/Norse
It's a good show, and Rollo did in fact get Normandy. I mean I think that it's funny how much the show gives away, I mean it spoils season 402 the second episode of season 1

Anyway, just wanted to talk to you about your nations

General Deth Glitch General Deth Glitch
I love that you expanded upon the whole "Rust Belt" culture from the Crusader Kings 2 mod, very interested (just don't go crazy with the whole gun idea and we'll be fine)

Locklaklazarii Locklaklazarii
Your nation is extremely interesting. A merchant republic in the middle of Canada that has the drive for learning like in Renasence Italy. Gotta say, can't wait to see how your nation gets along with the nation in the Rust Belt

Anyway, just wanted to talk to you about your nations

General Deth Glitch General Deth Glitch
I love that you expanded upon the whole "Rust Belt" culture from the Crusader Kings 2 mod, very interested (just don't go crazy with the whole gun idea and we'll be fine)

Locklaklazarii Locklaklazarii
Your nation is extremely interesting. A merchant republic in the middle of Canada that has the drive for learning like in Renasence Italy. Gotta say, can't wait to see how your nation gets along with the nation in the Rust Belt
Most likely they'd try to ally with them, setting up trade. they wouldn't be keen on any war as It's bad for business

Good, wanted to try to make sure my nation made a bit of sense though trust me, if anyone tries to colonize/create a nation on the island, and they will quickly find themselves at war with the Cascadian Kingdom

Also, you might want to make an updated map with all the new nations. I hope I gave my nation enough detail about its location to be able to map it but if you need help with mapping it, let me know

Yeah, so I just learned that I needed to put my Nation sheet here first... Anyways Locklaklazarii Locklaklazarii is being quite pissy over the fact that I thought having a viking dude as my leader would be cool so I went ahead and changed up a few things, thank you very much.

NEW Nation Sheet

Nation Name: Nýrland

Nation Flag/Symbol:

7UfNErf.png

800 years later RP.png

Population: 300,000

Culture: Viking/Scandinavian

Religion:
Christian

Major towns/cities:
Nýrborg
(Capital, Population: 100,000)
Vesturborg (Population: 60,000)
Austurborg (Populaiton: 80,000)
Midstad (Populaiton: 60,000)

Government Type: Monarchy

History: Nýrland is the latest nation to join the rest. It was established by many colonists who wished to get away from the filthy feudalism of the southern nations and enjoy a peaceful, more simple life. After many decades of peaceful farming and trade, the people grew tired of their quaint little farms. They wanted something grander, something bigger. The Nýrlanders revolted against the democratically elected rulers of their country. And that is the story of how Nýrland came to be as it is today, a monarchy led by a strong, masculine and slightly misogynistic, leader.

Character/Ruler Sheet

Name: Arn Bráveheart

Culture: Viking

Religion: Christian

vlad-impala-ragnar-lothbrok-fan-art.jpg

Personality: Arn is often rambunctious and rude, reckless and easily aggravated. He shows little respect to anyone unless they prove themselves "worthy". Moreover, Arn has pretty much no knowledge of manners or urge to learn them.

History: Arn grew up not in the loving care of his mother and father, but in the harsh winters of North-Eastern Canada. He braved many seasons and fended for himself. After a very long time outcasted from civilization, Arn found his way back to Nýrland and quickly gained a following. Nobody was quite sure who he was or where he came from, and neither did he for that matter, but they all respected him very much and they gave him the last name Bráveheart. After successfully revolting against the Democratically elected leaders of Nýrland, Arn Bráveheart established himself as the ruler of this wild territory.

Spouse/s: Arn doesn't have a spouse as of yet.

Children: None

Other major family: None
[/SPOILER]

Last edited:
Not called Ragnarr.. looks identical to the actor from Vikings that plays him... also.. Vikings do not stay vikings after being chritianised. BE NORSE ITS FUN

No but I actually agree that it wouldn't make sense to have a basically extinct religion just suddenly start being practiced by hundreds of thousands of people. I know it is fun, that's why I kept the cultural aspect of it. Also I just like the look of the actor, is that a problem?

Also, just wondering, but why the hell are hundreds of thousands of Norse in Canada? Is it because of some great migration during the 800 year period between when the bombs dropped?

No but I actually agree that it wouldn't make sense to have a basically extinct religion just suddenly start being practiced by hundreds of thousands of people. I know it is fun, that's why I kept the cultural aspect of it. Also I just like the look of the actor, is that a problem?
Its the culture that would never just 'appear' the religion, as seen by the modern rise of Wicca and other pagan religions that would be more likely to reappear, albeit with some alterations

Also, just wondering, but why the hell are hundreds of thousands of Norse in Canada? Is it because of some great migration during the 800 year period between when the bombs dropped?
Well if you believe in archaeology then many centuries ago the Norse did actually colonize specifically the same region, New Foundland, that I'm in. Also, why not? People are incorporating Aztec and Italian cultures, why not throw in some Viking?

Its the culture that would never just 'appear' the religion, as seen by the modern rise of Wicca and other pagan religions that would be more likely to reappear, albeit with some alterations
Meh. v('-')v

Well if you believe in archaeology then many centuries ago the Norse did actually colonize specifically the same region, New Foundland, that I'm in. Also, why not? People are incorporating Aztec and Italian cultures, why not throw in some Viking?

Meh. v('-')v
Yeah, but there are still a lot of people descended from Aztecs and other similar groups in Mesoamerica,and there are very big italian immigrant populations. However, there are no major modern scandinavian demographics in Newfoundland or Labrador. I'm fine with you having sea-based raiders who take concubines and loot coasts and all that, I just didn't know you meant literal vikings.

Well, good luck then. Also, I wouldn't if we saw more players in the West, maybe a nation in Nevada or maybe one of those Mormon Kingdoms

cleaning_eyeglass_m3.jpg

This reminds me: slavery is a thing again, right?
In some areas, yes. It's up to the individual kingdoms. In areas like the South, slavery can be race-based in certain areas, while in other areas it's more like roman slavery where anyone of any race can be property.

Yes, for example, in my kingdom, it is more Roman like slavery, as anyone can be a slave (though a vast majority of slaves are of Canadian decent though there are a few natives mixed in)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back