• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

800 Years Later

Also... don't be spoil sport.
Lmao no. Me and Fish have talked about this, it's even in the description of the RP and it's in my own sheet. (Assuming you read it) Directive 40 will not interviene in your guy's affairs, I made the faction because I thought it'd be a cool idea to have an Enclave-esque faction (Minus the genocidal motives) that observes what's going on in the world, also it's easier for me to RP since I have a busy life right now and it means I get to RP without having to constantly reply to everyone. I can more or less do my own thing.

Also... don't be spoil sport.
It's just that I'd like to check the faction that is set up to wipe us all off the map.

Lmao no. Me and Fish have talked about this, it's even in the description of the RP and it's in my own sheet. (Assuming you read it) Directive 40 will not interviene in your guy's affairs, I made the faction because I thought it'd be a cool idea to have an Enclave-esque faction (Minus the genocidal motives) that observes what's going on in the world, also it's easier for me to RP since I have a busy life right now and it means I get to RP without having to constantly reply to everyone. I can more or less do my own thing.
pretty sure this faction is set up as a deus ex machina in order to force compliance

pretty sure this faction is set up as a deus ex machina in order to force compliance
Uhm no, that's just called a GM.

It's just that I'd like to check the faction that is set up to wipe us all off the map.
The one condition for me HAVING this faction was to NOT attack anyone unless I'm attacked first. Even then, I'm literally banned from conquering people so you're looking a bit paranoid there, fam.

Uhm no, that's just called a GM.

The one condition for me HAVING this faction was to NOT attack anyone unless I'm attacked first. Even then, I'm literally banned from conquering people so you're looking a bit paranoid there, fam.
it's because 90% of Nation Builders the GM sets up an OP faction that wipes the board
No, that comment was aimed at Rip. Not you.
Kek

I still have a right to be skeptical
It's a free country so you do, but your skeptism was wrong. Which I also have the right to tell you. So you won't have to worry about being conquered because I am literally not allowed to do that, the most you'll get from me is one of your guys hearing a helicopter in the distance and even then he'll just be like "The fuck was that?" And move on with his day.

Name: Petre Alaire de Ottawa

Dynasty: Alaire Family

Culture: Ottawan

Religion: Catholic

Appearance:
9b838dd99f28facc61e7b70e12ca100e.jpg

Personality: A clever and crude businessman and politician, he is very proper and very calculated, often weighing every outcome of an action before taking it, some of the people in the city have gone to calling him the Viper due to his ruthless and cunning ways.

History: He received schooling well into his adult years, he was 18 when he had stopped schooling and began to pick up the life of trade a politics, by the age of 25 he had positioned himself with the most wealth and power in the Republic and serves as the Majority leader to this day. He was promised to wed his wife Marie Fenix, eldest and only daughter of the Fenix patriarch, and wed her when she was 12 and he 13. When the patriarch of the Feix died he enheritied much of the family's wealth, he has kept the rest of the family around for support and treats them as if they were his own family.

Spouse: Marie Fenix-Alaire de New-France
9f8d8bfd8da0905c93bd28d75323fa82.jpg

Children: They have 3 children Twin girls - 5 years, and a Boy - 3 years.

There's already more salt in this interest check than there is in a bag of Lay's potato chips.

Everyone who's made a CS so far is accepted. That does include Cone, but don't worry about her being overpowered. We've discussed it and Directive 40 is banned from attacking or trading with any nations. Cone will mostly be playing them as a group of researchers, observing the new world without interacting with it. She will be removed from the RP if she attempts conquest or to give resources or tech to any faction. If you have any concerns, please PM me, this thread is getting a little cluttered.

Nation Name: The Kingdom of Algonquia

Flag:
R6Ue9e2.png

The former New English territories of Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island all compose Algonquia. (17,320 sq. miles)

Population: 440,600

Culture: New English-Mohegan mixture

Religion: Blend of Protestant and Native beliefs with heavy influence from traditional witchcraft.

Major towns/cities:

Grand Mohegan, Massachusetts (Capital)

New Salem, Massachusetts (Religious Centre)

Yale, Connecticut (Major trading town)

Shelton, Connecticut (Major trading town)

New Acoaxet, Rhode Island (Major trading town)

Government Type:
Absolute Monarchy

History: The stiff, quiet folk of New England were no match for the plague of 2034. With the population decimated, and the many major cities of the area all but abandoned, the rocky soils of the region fell silent. However, in around 2500, what was once a deteriorated group of small bands and highwaymen, began to unite around the burnt out husk of what was once a beacon of liberty and defiance, Boston. It could have perhaps been deemed a guild of sorts, inspired by the stone ruins of the old city, that began to organize and rebuild their long lost home.

By the year 2640, the derelict city, now known by the name Grand Mohegan, was the centre of a quickly expanding feudal state, dominated by the Wyrmsblat family, whose watchful eyes saw the domination of the coastline, pushing their civilization into the tribal, heathen lands of the Salem tribes and the cape. In 2700, the kingdom, dominating the millennia old Native American region of Algonquia (and properly renamed to such), spread across the lands of Rhode Island, and eventually into the Connecticut valley. In the current year of 2834, Algonquia dominates the three states, ruled by Catori Wyrmsblat, who intends to expand her dominion over the sound, and into the long island territories.

Other: The Cult of Salem's Truth is a religious body that heavily blends Native American and otherwise heretical Christian beliefs into a single religion. While the cult does not have any official power within the kingdom, its followers plague the upper ranks, and has been exercising its influence upon the reigning queen. In other news, the mascot of the country is the wild turkey. Calling someone 'Puritanical' can be considered extremely offensive.

Character/Ruler Sheet

Name: Catori Wyrmsblat

Dynasty: Wymsblat

Culture: Algonquian, a bastard blend of what was once New English and native Mohegan cultures.

Religion: Publically undeclared, secretly Cult of Salem's Truth

Appearance:
Q4Ot6fG.png

Personality: Catori is shrewd, and sharp tongued. Without much trust of anyone outside of her family, Catori can come across as cold or unwelcoming, but always formal. The trust that comes with acquiring Catori's friendship also comes with a renewed warmth, where she will often converse, laugh, and express herself to a degree no 'other' could observe. In Her religious life is not very devout, a lament of the cult that has been pressuring her for more power within her kingdom, but nonetheless, she worships on her own time. While once married to a man, Catori has also shown interest in her womanly peers, and has had romantic interactions with them on one or two occasions.

History: Catori was born to a loving father hand his concubine, whereupon she was raised to become a ruler. Her days were often spent studying the law, and the history of both her family and kingdom. At fifteen, she was presented with a prospective husband, a nobleman from the city of Shelton, to whom she was soon betrothed and later married to when she was eighteen years of age. Her marriage fostered the birth of two children, and likely would have offered more were it not for her husband's death due to a spider's venom while he was out hunting. Since then, Catori became a bit more reclusive than usual, often staying within the bounds of her home or the repurposed once university of Yale Castle, where she plans with her advisors on spreading Algonquian's borders to Long Island across the coast of the sound.

Spouse/s: Lawrence af Shelton (now deceased)

Children: Catori Wyrmblat II (F, 9), Achak Wyrmblat (M, 7)

Other major family: Ashkii Wyrmsblat (brother, 27), Bodaway Wyrmblat (Nephew, 5) Kateri Wyrmblat (Niece, 5)

Nation Name: The Kingdom of Algonquia

Flag:
R6Ue9e2.png

The former New English territories of Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island all compose Algonquia. (17,320 sq. miles)

Population: 440,600

Culture: New English-Mohegan mixture

Religion: Blend of Protestant and Native beliefs with heavy influence from traditional witchcraft.

Major towns/cities:

Grand Mohegan, Massachusetts (Capital)

New Salem, Massachusetts (Religious Centre)

Yale, Connecticut (Major trading town)

Shelton, Connecticut (Major trading town)

New Acoaxet, Rhode Island (Major trading town)

Government Type:
Absolute Monarchy

History: The stiff, quiet folk of New England were no match for the plague of 2034. With the population decimated, and the many major cities of the area all but abandoned, the rocky soils of the region fell silent. However, in around 2500, what was once a deteriorated group of small bands and highwaymen, began to unite around the burnt out husk of what was once a beacon of liberty and defiance, Boston. It could have perhaps been deemed a guild of sorts, inspired by the stone ruins of the old city, that began to organize and rebuild their long lost home.

By the year 2640, the derelict city, now known by the name Grand Mohegan, was the centre of a quickly expanding feudal state, dominated by the Wyrmsblat family, whose watchful eyes saw the domination of the coastline, pushing their civilization into the tribal, heathen lands of the Salem tribes and the cape. In 2700, the kingdom, dominating the millennia old Native American region of Algonquia (and properly renamed to such), spread across the lands of Rhode Island, and eventually into the Connecticut valley. In the current year of 2834, Algonquia dominates the three states, ruled by Catori Wyrmsblat, who intends to expand her dominion over the sound, and into the long island territories.

Other: The Cult of Salem's Truth is a religious body that heavily blends Native American and otherwise heretical Christian beliefs into a single religion. While the cult does not have any official power within the kingdom, its followers plague the upper ranks, and has been exercising its influence upon the reigning queen. In other news, the mascot of the country is the wild turkey. Calling someone 'Puritanical' can be considered extremely offensive.

Character/Ruler Sheet

Name: Catori Wyrmsblat

Dynasty: Wymsblat

Culture: Algonquian, a bastard blend of what was once New English and native Mohegan cultures.

Religion: Publically undeclared, secretly Cult of Salem's Truth

Appearance:
Q4Ot6fG.png

Personality: Catori is shrewd, and sharp tongued. Without much trust of anyone outside of her family, Catori can come across as cold or unwelcoming, but always formal. The trust that comes with acquiring Catori's friendship also comes with a renewed warmth, where she will often converse, laugh, and express herself to a degree no 'other' could observe. In Her religious life is not very devout, a lament of the cult that has been pressuring her for more power within her kingdom, but nonetheless, she worships on her own time. While once married to a man, Catori has also shown interest in her womanly peers, and has had romantic interactions with them on one or two occasions.

History: Catori was born to a loving father hand his concubine, whereupon she was raised to become a ruler. Her days were often spent studying the law, and the history of both her family and kingdom. At fifteen, she was presented with a prospective husband, a nobleman from the city of Shelton, to whom she was soon betrothed and later married to when she was eighteen years of age. Her marriage fostered the birth of two children, and likely would have offered more were it not for her husband's death due to a spider's venom while he was out hunting. Since then, Catori became a bit more reclusive than usual, often staying within the bounds of her home or the repurposed once university of Yale Castle, where she plans with her advisors on spreading Algonquian's borders to Long Island across the coast of the sound.

Spouse/s: Lawrence af Shelton (now deceased)

Children: Catori Wyrmblat II (F, 9), Achak Wyrmblat (M, 7)

Other major family: Ashkii Wyrmsblat (brother, 27), Bodaway Wyrmblat (Nephew, 5) Kateri Wyrmblat (Niece, 5)
Accepted

The Kingdom of Baja

bajaboy.png

Population:

Culture:
Bajacalifornio

Religion:
Psicodélico. Psicodélico is a religion based on the idea that hallucinations are actually messages of the divine. Its rituals include drug use and the act of hallucinating is seen as a way to communicate with the dead, the spirits, and even people from other worlds. Psicodélico has thousands of gods and spirits, including figures from the Old World as well as entirely fictional ones and famous lords. It is believed those who achieve true greatness in their lives become gods.

Major towns/cities:

La Paz, capitol.
Ensenada, major vassal capitol.
Tijuana, major port.
Mexicali, inland trading center.

Government Type:
Cartel Monarchy. The Monarch rules over his vassals, much like in traditional feudalism, but here the primary vassals are Cartels. Cartels are mercantile vassals, with their power and value tied directly to their fields of marijuana, opium, and other drugs, which fund the economy of Baja. The Cartels fight amongst each other to gain control of farmland and fields so that they may be the richest and most powerful. The King is referred to as the César.

History:
For a long time after the Plague, Baja was desolate, inhabited only by fishing villages and raiders. These raider bands were vicious, attacking all across California and Northwest Mexico. Some of these raiders eventually settled down using their large amounts of wealth and formed small fiefdoms. These fiefdoms were nothing special until the reintroduction of marijuana through trade. Soon, these tiny petty kingdoms had a major mercantile place thanks to the trade of drugs, and small groups of fiefdoms began to condense into the Cartels, named after mythical drug gods of before the Plague. In the early 27th century, Jorge Allende of the La Paz Cartel led a campaign of conquest across Baja, forcing all the other Cartels to submit to his rule. From that point on, the Allendes have ruled Baja, practicing the rituals of Psicodélico and bringing the drug trade to the rest of America, from marijuana to opium.

Other:
Baja's economy is largely drug trade, which allows the Cartel Lords to have the riches and luxury they do.

Name:
Tiberio Allende

Dynasty:

The Most Royal and Visionary House Allende
bajasur.png

Culture:
Bajacalifornio

Religion:
Psicodélico

Appearance:
IMG_2744.JPG

Personality:
Tiberio is quiet when speaking to people personally. He comes off as slightly distant or calculating, but he's very clear in what he means. He has fairly good control over his temper, but if you push too far he'll snap, yelling at you and quite possibly hurting you. In public he can pretend to be more outgoing, loud and well-spoken. This is the face he shows at feasts or for the peasants.

History:
Tiberio was the eldest son of Cesár Antonio Allende II. Tiberio was a bastard, born of one of the kitchen ladies, but his father took a liking to him and kept him in the castle. Growing up he competed with his brothers, especially Julio, the oldest legitimate son. Julio and Tiberio were both friends and hateful enemies, sometimes working together and laughing and others trying to hurt each other and cause pain. Antonio II died when Tiberio was 20 and Julio was 19. The vassal Cartels were split in who they supported as heir and so to avoid civil war Julio challenged Tiberio to a one-on-one duel to be Cesár. Tiberio accepted, and after a short but bloody fight Julio was dead. From then on, Tiberio was Cesár of Baja.

Spouse/s:
Maria Colombo(daughter of lord of the Colombo Cartel, age 23)

Children:
Sofia Allende(age 4), Valencia Allende (Age 6, bastard)

Other major family:
Augusto Allende(half-brother, 25), Bella Allende(half-sister, 24), Constantino Allende(half-brother, age 14)​

Last edited:
Nation Name: The Cascadian Kingdom

Nation Flag/Symbol:
06wx3gdj73px.png

Location: The Cascadian Kingdom controls the Northwest Coastline, which includes the coastlines of the former states of Oregon and Washington with the remains of Interstate 5 serving as their eastern border, the former states lines between Oregon and Calafornia serving as their southern border, and the border between between British Columbia and Washington state as their Northern border

Population: 500,000

Culture: Cascadian

Religion: Cascadianism, a Protestant offshot beleifs which belives that the founder of the current dyansty ruling the kingdom, King William I, was a prophet sent by God to save the Cascadians and that his decends were chosen by God to rule all Cascadians and the king is the leader of the church

Major towns/cities:
Seattle: (the captial of the kingdom)
Olympia: (the economic heart of the kingdom)
Portland: (the major R&D center of the kingdom)

Government Type: Absolute Monarchy, with divine right

History:
The Cascadian Kingdom started when the virus spread across the city of Seattle, polluting the area with radioactive fallout. This caused the people who survived from around the coasttle parts of the state to meet together in the small town of Port Ludlow to decide what to do. They knew that the northern city of Vancouver had been wiped out by the plague, same with Portland, and they didn't know if going east would even provide them with the food and water to survive. So, they came to one conclusion: they would deforest the Olympia National Park and Forest and build boats to sail to Vancouver Island to settle there. So they did and one year later, with the few rifles and guns they could salvage, they sailed for Vancouver Island

They soon landed in the city of Courtenay, the farthest major city on the island from the virus, as the island was isolated from the plague. The city by this time had decended into absolute chaos and the city was quickly taken. The local Canadians were enslaved and put to work in the fields to feed the Cascadians. Over the course of the next 400 years, the Cascadians spread across the island and enslaved the native Canadian population to work in the fields, who's decendents are still slaves to this day. They formed the "New Cascadian Republic", a republic based off the former United States and prospered

However, this prosperous period soon ended when something called the Great Collapse happened. It started with a bad harvest and soon spiraled out of control. A tsunami hit the island, slave uprisings occured, and the people were fighting each other. This all came to ahead when the last Senate meeting happened with all of those still apart of the republic assembled to debate the next course of action. They knew the soil was no longer fertile since no one had bothered to make sure people didn't plant the same crop year after year. Some said they should stay and wait, some said to retreat to British Columbia, and some even claimed that they should head for Alaska. It looked like the country was about to fracture when the current president at the time, William Freeda, decended upon the meeting and, using the army, intiated a coup and made himself King. He soon gathered all Cascadians who would follow him and and captured as many Canadians as he could. He then declared that they would sail back to Seattle, and so they sailed back to Seattle, with the fate of those who remained on the island unknown to this day

William soon landed his people in Seattle and, suprisingly, his gamble had worked. He soon rebuilt the city from the ground up and when he eventually died at the age of 70, many declared him a prophet sent by God to save them all, and so, Cascadianism was born and along with it, the Cascadian Kingdom

Over the next 400 years, the kingdom soon expaned using Interstate 5 to colonize the region and as their eastern border. By the time of current events, the kingdom stretched from Medford to Bellingham and the Kingdom is currently in a golden age, with the kingdom being strong in both in miltary terms (note they had long sense revered back to using medival weapons) and economicly (with the kingdom having an amazing fishing, forestry, and manufacturing industries)

Name: King Edward II

Dynasty: Herbron

Culture: Cascadian

Religion: Cascadianism

Appearance:
Famous-people-from-Washington-State-Ken-Jennings.jpeg

Personality:
Edward is a ruthless in politics and a master in the art of stradgey and warfare. He is charasmatic and can draw many to his cause, but he isn't afraid to stab someone in the back if it is in his best interest. However, he does have soft spot for his family. Everything he does is for the survival of his family and nation and would do anything for his family. There's a reason why people who mock the royal family usually end up in the Pacfic Ocean...

History: WIP

Spouse/s: None

Children: None

Other major family:
Lord Andrew Herbron, Lord of Olympia

Last edited:
I mean, it could be combination of Viking and Canadian cultures and the people could hail from Scandlenavia and could've resorted back to Viking culture over the centuries for some reason but the history kinda rules that out

I mean, it could be combination of Viking and Canadian cultures and the people could hail from Scandlenavia and could've resorted back to Viking culture over the centuries for some reason but the history kinda rules that out
viking culture is an already as of now only about 30% understood by scholars, now imagine a time after practically all knowledge is gone and has been for 800 years, we're in a second dark age

They are an avid watcher of the show Vikings
I watched some of that, was good but.. they write Ragnar, one r. Im pretty sure that Vikings is Swedish lore and not the danish lore and therefore two r's and christian vikings.. dont really stay vikings they just kinda become... Scandinavian christians

Users who are viewing this thread

Back