• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy [𝟷 x 𝟷] ᴏʀɪɢɪɴᴀʟ sᴄɪ-ғᴀɴᴛᴀsʏ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ

electr0pos

professional ghost instigator
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

Hi!​

I’m Arlo and like you, I am looking for an RP partner. I’m from the old-world, having held onto Gaiaonline until its very last breath, but it’s finally time to admit that it’s dead and its current demographic is no longer me. So I’m here. Lovely to meet you!

[Disclaimer: I keep tweaking this thread as needs change and I learn more about forum formatting so…lol sorry if this is a bit wonky. All art is drawn by me, and there's so much more where this came from.]

Really 'quick' about me and what I’m looking for:​

• I’m not a huge fan of putting any private information on internet forums, but will happily over-share in OOC if the vibes are right. I’m an adult, currently working an average day-shift job, Wed-Sun but am online putzing around most of the day and am almost always available for shitposting, plotting, and general chatting; perks of WFH.

• I’m not sure what terms are normal to use outside of Gaia, but in the ‘olden days’, I would have considered myself somewhere between Lit and Adv-Lit for post length. While I’m not asking for professional writing, I would like a partner who is not afraid to add some substance to their posts. Quality over quantity, but I am in the habit of writing longer responses, and would like someone who can write at least a page (rough estimate with gdocs) in return. Sometimes replies will be shorter, and often (personally) longer.

• While I do like longer posts, real life does come first! Jobs, family, friends, etc. are important, and I’m perfectly capable of waiting some time between responses. That being said, I don’t want to wait a month between every reply either.

• I want to world-build with you, and create fantastic worlds with deep lore we’ve built together. I want our combined cast of characters to have different personalities and opinions as well as different chemistries and histories with each other.

• With that said, I’m not looking for romance specifically. While romance can be fun, I don’t want anything instance and I would like to keep all of that pg-13. I am not interested in writing anything beyond that, and I”m not particularly looking for romance plots. If the character chemistry is good, it will happen naturally/we can plan it in OOC chatter.

• I want adventure, drama, angst, exploration. I will have many characters and I would expect you to have multiple characters as well. I’m not just asking for a few unnamed side characters, but I want a cast. Please. I’m begging someone to make a world with me.

• A note - I do not care if a character has the thickest plot armor. I don’t care if a character is a self insert. I don’t care if you put personal traumas into your characters and stories. I will openly admit my own characters are a bit edgy and have backstories that would make book/film critics cringe, but we’re here to have fun and sometimes super fantastical drama is what we all need at the end of the day.

uWUJsDvxQvRZW8n41Lvs0EaaYRk6C-Ugka2EPe1_PBUCz-1R240kSv4UBe8TUYaQ0bzRDvv0Dt_C_JfJSMk9k3piTZCEHZrOfOB19fG4tA6nRzJ-mWIrg07DlTfsbNh1EP0iTok_KZcDYREkW0kGPcU

Full view.

The story I’m craving:​

Buildup: This plot is intentionally vague to allow you to help me build this world. Most of my OCs are what I will call ‘fae-based’ with origins among fae creatures. Some things I have altered, such as having a species of ‘angels’, explained as that’s just the word humans gave to them. A lot of details I have can be altered to fit a combination of our ideas.

Setting: This world is also built to support multiple ‘types’ of magic and an idea that multiple realms exist which would allow for characters/species that don’t fall under my ‘fae-based’ lore (which is mostly made up and not true to actual IRL fae, though heavily inspired by the fantasy/tabletop concepts with a lot of personal tweaking).

In a world where the veil between realms is thin and magic courses through the very fabric of existence, a diverse array of beings thrive, each with their own origins and powers. Among them are the enigmatic fae-based creatures, whose origins lie in the ethereal realms beyond human reach..

But this world is not just home to fae. It houses beings of all kinds, including those termed 'angels' by humans, although their true nature transcends such simplistic labels.

Amidst this tapestry of existence, tensions simmer and alliances shift. Enter the enigmatic faction known as DUMAH, once a Government organization dedicated to processing paperwork regarding fae rights as they immigrate and integrate into human society. After one high ranking member within this organization was found out to be a fae, himself, he was relieved of his position.

This man’s departure from the established order leads to the formation of The Blind Divine (TBD), a humanitarian organization of sorts, dedicated to challenging the status quo and championing the rights of non-humans. Yet, their methods are seen as disruptive, their structure likened to that of a multi-level marketing scheme* with whispers of manipulation and exploitation.

As the non-humans navigate the intricate web of power and politics, they face opposition from forces determined to strip them of their rights, but beneath the surface, a quiet rebellion brews, fueled by those who refuse to be bound by the chains of tradition and prejudice.

Amidst this backdrop of intrigue and unrest, our protagonists emerge, each with their own motivations and allegiances. Some find themselves drawn into the fae regardless of their own origin, joining the ranks of TBD or aligning with other similar factions, while others choose the path of neutrality, navigating the turbulent currents of this ever-changing world.

Together, they will unravel secrets, forge unlikely alliances, and ultimately shape the fate of their world. In a universe where anything is possible, the only certainty is that nothing is as it seems, and the journey ahead promises both danger and discovery in equal measure.

*The MLM structure allows for humans and weaker-non humans to provide energy to their 'upline', essentially creating a magical ranking system within this organization, providing those at the top with more powerful. It is essentially a non-religious way for non-humans to increase their powers through spiritual contracts while also providing resources to small pockets of TBD members to help their local communities.

Creatures of our fantasies have to come from somewhere, and while magic does exist naturally in our realm, it does not mean that is the only source.

In a world where everything is larger, it leaves more room for different species and races to be just as divided as the humans are. Wars powered by magic and instinct-like skills caused a need for unique forms of living, travel, and fighting. Some species live peacefully together, and some are far more exclusive.

What humans would call ‘angels’ and ‘kaiju’ have long lived peacefully together, and in some instances in a parasitic way. The largest kaiju are slow moving and built to live in their world at peace with nature. Because of their size, angels found the back of these massive kaiju to be the perfect place to build their settlements. Over many years and much evolution from both species and exposure to each other’s magic caused a relationship more symbiotic than parasitic. Some may even describe these colonies to mimic ‘human societies’, or so the reports claim, with the millenia-old kaiju still serving as the foundation for moving cities, but the younger generations having a more ‘human’ form and capabilities to reproduce with the angels. Their offspring either produce a pseudo-race of harpy, or a distinct hybrid. The latter of the two are often seen as gifts from the stars and raised to take on healer and leadership roles.

What other races are in this realm? Who are their alliances and who are they at war with? What does their technology look like and how are they keeping humans from invading their realm?

A tactic people of both fantastical realms utilize is lying to humans to manipulate them, making them believe lies about magic, pushing them away from the truth. Some do it to protect magic, some simply because they don’t feel like humans can handle that kind of power without it corrupting them. Whatever the reason may be, the common assumption of Hell is either that it’s biblical or it’s a never ending dance party that you can never leave or sit down during.

One thing that is true about the stories is that the fae ‘angels’ and creatures from the demon realm hate each other, though the reason was lost with the ancients but relations remain tense between demonic beings, and those from the fae realm who were able to sell the humans on the idea of ‘celestials and gods’. Angels famously hunted demons on the ‘neutral’ human territory, leaving them physically intact, but breaking them mentally as a result of their conflicting magic types.

The demon realm may be safe from angels, for now anyway, but what does that safety look like? What are the nuances of this world and what is it really like if not a flaming pit or a dance party?

My post examples:​

[Coming soon]

Other plots, pairings, and fandoms: [list is a work in progress]​

Raihan // Leon // Piers // Any combination of these three
N // Grimsley
OC // OC
Arlo//Spark (or anything involving the PokemonGo crew [My name is Arlo, cmon, I gotta love it])

I have more general ideas than plots, but the pokemon world is my absolute favorite fandom to write in. I'm never not craving a pokemon story, including more fantasy-like themes, gijinka AUs, or any science shenanigans - and I'm not against fusions or fakemons if they're creative enough and can have some logic surrounding it. One idea of mine revolves around the science, politics, and corruption to create fusions. If I'm not looking for general fantasy settings, I'm looking for pokemon RPs and would be genuinely thrilled for a poke-partner.

Keith/Shiro
Keith/Lance
Keith/Pidge
Listen I also support Polyam okay, Keith is too good.

I also love a Voltron AU, and a Voltron AU is honest to god what sparked this weird fae fantasy world in my head. I'd be happy to strip it down to it's bare bones of the original; 5 gods (based on the 5 pilots) once ruled the world, but one day just disappeared. The stories around these gods are forgotten, mistranslated, or elaborated out of reality for the sake of an exciting story. One good Samaritan released one from the shrine they were trapped inside of and the truth is revealed and the god is planning to pick up where they left off before they were trapped.

I'll happily elaborate on this if interested.

In closing​

I want to build a world with someone with a cast of characters in a setting that’s fantastical but also relatable in a believable way. If this sounds like something you’d like, you may be entitled to compensation. Call JG Wentworth at 877-CASH-NOW. Call now.

Alternatively, you can reach out to me via DM.

If you think we’d vibe but this plot isn’t for you, I’m also willing to change this plot/setting up to fit other ideas, or come up with a different setting/story entirely.

I’m also into some fandoms, but am currently only interested in Pokemon or Voltron based plots/AUs. I have a few plots in mind, both for these fandoms and other original ideas, so no sweat if this world is not for you!

Last edited:
Bumping my ancient thread as I emerge out of the shadowy blanket nest, hoping that my yearly RP harvest will be bountiful.

Bumping now that I've fixed formatting and updated how my plot is written to better reflect my writing style lmaooooo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back