• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings 1x1 Search / RP Info

xenonentity

Tabby | she / her ; xe / xyr
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
It has been so long since I've roleplayed outside of DnD and I've really been missing some text RPs. Hoping to spark some new friendships and get some plots going!! Please feel free to message me here or add me on Discord (xenonentity / Tabby#5445) if you'd like to RP, I'm always willing to chat about RPs!

The Basics:
  • 28, sapphic / asexual, womanish creature, she / her or xe / xyr
  • I like adventure stuff the most. Not usually willing to do "slice of life" type things. (Though there are exceptions to that!)
  • I consider myself a pretty good writer. I have a lot of RP experience (literally have been roleplaying for over half my life lol), and I'm generally on top of grammar and spelling. (Typos happen, though. As well as me replying on very little sleep, which sometimes gets interesting.)
  • Open to all types of characters, settings, plots, etc. I love diversity!
  • Willing to RP certain fandoms and many non-fandom fiction genres.
  • I default to third person, past tense, but will mirror to present tense if my partner prefers it. Paragraph style.
  • Love to plot together with partners and talk to them, and also tend to just "see how it goes" with the characters, so I don't always have a concrete plot/plan.
  • I love getting to know my partners OOC - I want to be friends!
  • My RP preference is Discord servers, but I'm more than happy to use the forums here.
  • Can often be convinced to do something I say I'm not interested in. Feel free to ask if you have an idea, even if it isn't listed specifically!

My Ideal Partner...
  • Is friendly and open to conversation. I like to get to know RP partners when I can!
  • Remembers that roleplaying is for fun. There will be mistakes, there will be short posts, it happens. Life happens, and this is a game, not a job.
  • Is not looking for smut. That's illegal here anyway, so it shouldn't be an issue.
  • On that note, romance is not required, nor is it always necessary. I prefer to let the characters interact first and see how things go. That being said, my characters have various sexualities, so if there is romance, you should be okay with m/f, f/f, m/m, or any combinations of non-binary identities. Inclusivity is fun!
  • Is accepting of diverse characters (and people). (Note: If you're not personally comfortable playing a certain gender/sexuality/type of character, that's okay - but if you have a problem with me playing them, it won't work out.)
  • Is patient with me, and okay with occasionally kicking my butt into gear by sending me a message or pinging me to remind me to reply.
  • Likewise is okay with me nudging them to reply when I get impatient. (Obviously, not excessively or rudely. Just a "hey it's been a while are you still around?" type of thing if it's been a few days/weeks).
  • I don't really like quantifying writing level. I prefer proper grammar/spelling/punctuation, but I'm not hung up on the idea of perfect writing. I'm also NOT a fan of a set writing length for every post - I write as much as the scene calls for, not to meet an arbitrary word count. That said, I do my best to write enough for you to reply to, and hope you will do the same.

I enjoy both non-fandom and fandom RPs, particularly fantasy and adventure-focused stories - though I'm pretty flexible, especially if I click with a partner or the characters / world. For fandoms, I primarily like to work with original characters in a canon universe. There are a handful of exceptions to that, but I need a lot of inspiration to play canons.

I usually like stories with happy endings - this doesn't mean I don't like drama, betrayals, angst, and violence in the midst of a story, but I do prefer if that's not the mood the entire time.

Non-Fandom Genres:
  • Fantasy: Most of the genres I enjoy are fantasy or fantasy-adjacent. If you have a fantasy world you'd like to RP in or want a partner to develop one with you, count me in!
  • Dragons / Dragon Riders: I've always loved dragons, so doing something dragon-related is never off the table.
  • Pirates: Fantasy pirates are a huge interest of mine. I have an entire pirate crew ready to go to play against yours, or we could create one together. I'm open to something more historical as well, though my historical fiction tends to lean heavily to the fiction side (I'm not much of a stickler for strict historical accuracy).
  • Animals: I adore doing "feral" animal type roleplays in the style of Warrior Cats or Guardians of Ga'Hoole, with or without magical elements. Though I'm especially fond of cats, I have a wolf character and the pack he comes from that I'd love to explore. I'm also open to stray dog packs or other critters.
  • Modern Magic: Worlds where magic is hidden right under the nose of everyday people, or just fully magical worlds that are more like modern day. Might be more open to slice of life type plots for this type of setting. This also could include things like superheroes, magical girls/teams, etc.
  • Mystery: Though I find creating a compelling RP mystery can be a bit tricky, I also think it's a lot of fun. I'd be open to expanding to 3 or 4 players instead of a strict 1x1 for this.
  • Sci-Fi: I love space exploration type plots or futuristic worldbuilding! I'm not generally a big fan of post-apocalyptic stuff, though I'm not entirely opposed for the right setup / plot.

Fandom Genres:
  • Warrior Cats: I love making fan clans, especially with unique cultures, traits, and territories. I'm also open to RPing OCs within the canon clans.
  • Mass Effect: Mass Effect my beloved!! I adore the ME universe and am always looking for RPs here, either in the Milky Way or Andromeda. Open to AUs, and Mass Effect is a fandom where I could be convinced to play canons.
  • Pokemon: I love RPing in the Pokemon universes! There are so many options - Pokemon trainers, PMD, wild Pokemon, etc. I would absolutely love to find someone who's up for worldbuilding something based off of the Pokemon Ranger games, they're my favorite and have so much untapped potential.
  • Slugterra: Absolute longshot since it's not very well known, but I love the universe of this goofy little show and have an OC I'd love to use.
  • Other:While I don't necessarily have any plots in mind, I'm listing some other fandoms I've RPed in the past. I may or may not be up to RPing any of these, but probably would for the right plot! Bold = higher muse. Probably will not RP canon characters for these.
    • Guardians of Ga'Hoole, Percy Jackson, Steven Universe, Zootopia, MLP: FiM, The Lion King/Guard, Flight Rising, Neopets

Limits and Deal-Breakers:
  • I'm an adult and would prefer to RP with other adults. Must be 16+.
  • No OOC bigotry, ie. racism, homophobia, transphobia, etc.
  • IC, I don't have many hard limits. I'm fine with dark subjects if the story calls for it, though I like to leave the more graphic things (such as torture or SA) insinuated rather than gone into detail. Many of my characters have traumatic pasts, so please let me know if you have any hard or soft limits.
  • I'd prefer to be told you're no longer interested than just ghosted, but I also get that life happens.

Specific Plots:

I have a handful of specific plots I'm really interested in finding partners for! I'll be updating this section if I come up with new ideas, so feel free to check back!

Mass Effect:

"Escape From Maji" - Extremely interested in RPing this one, though since it's a rather heavy subject matter I'd really like to click with whomever I RP it with. Please message me if you're interested, though, I'd really like to explore this plot!
TW: This is one of my darker plots. 18+. Violence; slavery; xenophobia; misgendering; physical / emotional abuse; traumatic past (including implied SA).
Romance: Open for F/F or F/M, but not required.

"Maji has a thin atmosphere of methane and carbon monoxide. The difference in temperature between the hemisphere facing the suns and that facing deep space causes constant wind, stirring the silica and sodium dust of the surface. Unsavory characters from the Terminus Systems occasionally use Maji for forms of cruel sport, dumping slaves, hostages, quarreling shipmates, or even (when bored) vicious animals on the surface. One must kill the other before they will be rescued from the lethal radiation of the giant stars."

Shiagur was among the many dumped on Maji for the sake of the slavers' entertainment. Problem is, Shy is a krogan, and that means she can withstand the planet's harsh conditions for far longer than most of the prisoners or creatures deposited on its hopeless surface. And she's far too entertaining to let her back up to space, when instead she could be fighting against anyone or anything for her sadistic audience. But as much as they hope to break her, Shiagur refuses to be defeated. Her mind is set on escaping from Maji, seeking revenge, and most importantly reuniting with her mother.

Your character is a new prisoner to Maji, weak and small and terrified. Perhaps Shy saves you from the monster that was supposed to kill you; perhaps the monster that was supposed to kill you was Shy all along. Either way, against all odds, Shy rescues you. Why, you don't know - but she's your best, and maybe only, chance at surviving Maji for another day...

Note: Shiagur is a trans woman; while the antagonists of the story mostly won't be acknowledging this, I will not RP this plot with anyone who isn't okay with her as she is.

Pokemon:

"Office Life" - Would love to pick this one up and flesh out an adventure for it, I started it before with a friend but he lost interest; it's not super in-depth at this stage so there's room for expanding on it together!

TW: Trauma from loss; internalized homophobia / compulsory heterosexuality.
Romance: Required for this plot. M/M, coworkers to lovers.

In the world of Pokemon, there are countless adventures to go on, lands to visit, and battles to be had - but not everyone lives the adventuring life. Plenty of people living among Pokemon just lead average, everyday lives, working in retail or behind their office desk. Nick is one of those people; he's an accountant working at a big company, with a pretty nice salary for a kid straight out of college. He's convinced himself he's successful - he worked hard in school and got a good job so he can work hard at that, too. Of course, he's happy, what do you mean there's more to life than work? And he's totally moved on from his older sister's death 8 years ago. For sure.

Enter your character, the office's ray of sunshine - a bubbly, bright young man who knows the name and birthday of everyone in the office. Nick, always a loner, has never been close with him, even though they went to the same high school not all that long ago. In fact, he's kinda annoying, always making small talk instead of focused on work. Nick would rather keep to himself, but the boss assigns him to work with your character... so let's get this over with, already.

(This plot was inspired by the song "Stupid" by Brendan MacLean. The goal is to have a mostly fluffy, perhaps a bit angsty, slow-burn coworkers to lovers plot. Nick at the beginning of the story hasn't quite realized that he's gay, let alone that he has a crush on the Ray of Sunshine. Your character would help him realize that there's more to life than work, and to embrace his emotions, including the devastating loss of his older sister. And perhaps he can also help your character work through some things too as they grow closer?)

If you're possibly interested in RPing with me, please don't hesitate to message me! Discord is the fastest way to get in contact with me, but I plan to check this thread and my messages here as well.

Last edited:
Updated with a few plots that I'd love to find partners for, a lighthearted M/M romance in the Pokemon universe, and in stark contrast a dark Mass Effect adventure. More to come, eventually. Probably.

Also, PMs are totally welcome but I'm also fine with people posting directly to this thread. c:

Hii!! I’m super duper interested in roleplaying with you. I took interest in some of your plots, and fandoms. I’ll add you on discord!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back