• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy {๐•ฟ๐–๐–Š ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–“๐–‹๐–Ž๐–Œ๐–š๐–—๐–†๐–™๐–Ž๐–”๐–“: ๐•ธ๐–”๐–—๐–˜ ๐–๐–Ž๐–“๐–ˆ๐–Ž๐–™ ๐•บ๐–’๐–“๐–Ž๐–†} ~ Detailed/Modern Fantasy/Vampire ~ [CLOSED FOR NOW]

T
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete

The life and times of an elite group of aristocratic vampires, set in a religious valley town with the vague threat of divine intervention. What could possibly go wrong?

mothspit

ษ–ษ›สึ…ีผ ศถึ… ึ†ึ…สษ›, วŸีผษขษ›สŸ ศถึ… ึ…ศถษฆษ›ส€ึ†
3d625f6fe58f327e5a2f93ad5b0237f5.png

Warning: 18+ only. Contains violence, gore, and other adult themes.
ya.jpg
vamps.jpg
..And welcome to White Rabbit Valley, a town for all things hellish. For hundreds of years, powerful vampire families have ruled the supernatural world with an iron fist, all the while remaining hidden from the general public. They have adapted to live among you, forming an ever-growing family with a thirst for blood. Though, each family is not without its growing pains..

In this story, there are no heroes. There is only..

4c99a004c2c5c379b7f80e2aa29aeaea.png

Warning: 18+ only. Contains violence, gore, and other adult themes.

• a8d12f71b11006f5801a9cc5924765a1.png

Types of Vampires and How They Are Born

Forebears - Naturally Born Vampires

Humans who, in their life, died under a specific set of circumstances.
    The circumstances can vary from Forebear to Forebear, but the common denominator seems to be linked to one's own emotions. Whether it be a crippling mental illness, incredibly high social status, insurmountable cruelty that resulted in their passing, a lust for power, or a manic desire to persist after death, something about these intense feelings cause the ghost to inhabit it's own corpse-- Making them both alive and not. Naturally born vampires are more powerful than vampires that are turned, taking on unique abilities that set them apart from that of the average vampire. However, they typically suffer from irrationality, apathy, and in some cases, insanity.

Fledglings - Turned Vampires
    Humans that are turned by other vampires.
    In order for a Forebear to turn a human into a vampire, that human must be legally and totally dead. The Forebear will then feed their own blood into the mouth of the human corpse, effectively bringing it back to life. (Corpses may be viable for turning up to 3 days after their passing.) Newly born vampires will experience a rush of berserk-like emotions, briefly losing control of themselves having an intense lust to kill. Called 'Beasting' or 'going beast,' it can usually be subverted by knocking the vampire out and waiting for them to wake again, or restraining them for a period of 8-16 hours. The reason for this phenomenon is unknown, but it is theorized that this is the human bodies last-ditch effort to hang on to whatever scrap of humanity it has left by flooding it with rabid emotion. Turned vampires can create other vampires using this same method, furthering their bloodline.

Boneskins - Starved Vampires
    Vampire's that have intentionally deprived themselves of blood for a certain period of time.

A play on the phrase 'skin and bones,' Boneskins were once your average vampire. Because every vampire needs to feast on some type of blood, depriving themselves of their only food source has disastrous consequences. Among the average vampire, they can only go a handful of weeks without feeding, before the urge to kill becomes too much for them to bear. They will be reduced to a state similar to that of a freshly born vampire-- The 'going beast' stage-- And have intense difficulties restraining this urge. At which point the starvation is also translated physically, becoming thin and skeletal. If this denial persists further, the vampire will eventually lose all semblance of self, becoming a mindless killing machine. Once they reach this stage, it's effects are irreversible.

Both Forebears and turned vampires must feast on blood, animal or human, to survive. Animal blood will sate a vampire's hunger, but usually takes larger quantities to do so. Human blood is rich and will satisfy vampires longer and easier than animal blood.

A Vampire's Power
    Every vampire has a few set abilities that are universal to all vampires.

Immortality - Pretty self explanatory. Vampires will not age, become sick, or die as a result of typically natural causes.
    Miasma - An ability that can, with practice, influence humans (and humans only) to do their bidding.
    Regeneration - Any small injuries sustained to the vampire (such as a cut, scrape, stab, bullet would, etc. etc.) will heal itself relatively quickly, but larger injuries such as losing a limb, removal of organs, etc. etc. requires a large intake of blood, and will take several years to complete. (Though most organs are not necessary for a vampires survival.)
    Flight - Again, self explanatory. All vampires can fly. Woo!
    Sense - Vampires can 'sense' when other vampires are around. The feeling typically manifests as a faint tickling at the back of the neck. Alternatively, vampires have a unique scent to them - freshly ground vanilla - that can tip other vampires off to their location.
    Brand New - Vampire's are faster, stronger, and less fragile than that of the humans. They can survive even the most intense of trauma's, and do it all again the next day.

A Vampire's Weaknesses
    Similarly to their powers, vampires have a set of weaknesses universal to all of them.
    Nausea - Vampire's can walk among the living during the day, however they are creatures of the night! The sun will make them sick to their stomachs, becoming fatigued and nauseous until sunset.
    Power Handicap - Similarly to the weakness above, Vampires can't use their abilities during the day. Because of this, many vampires choose to sleep until nightfall.
    Feeding Time - Similar to a human, using one's abilities or increased physical attributes will cause hunger over time-- The more you expend yourself, the hungrier you become.
    Post-Mortem - Vampires, though walking and talking, do not have a heartbeat or a pulse. This makes it slightly more difficult to integrate with human society, but not impossible.
    Expired - Vampires can consume human food to appear more human-like, however without a properly functioning digestive system, it will eventually rot in their stomachs, causing them to vomit.

Vampire Taboos
    Some things that are generally frowned upon in common vampire society.

- Consuming the heart of another vampire. While it is said that eating the hearts of your fellow undead will grant you a fraction of their power, it also destroys them completely, leaving no trace of them behind. Though, destroying the heart is the only known way to kill a vampire.

- Keeping it in the family. Vampires often refer to humans they turn as their 'children,' and as such, having romantic relations with them is generally considered weird. That doesn't stop some of them, though.

- Interacting with those from your human life. Typically, vampires look for people to turn who do not have those that will miss them. And if they do, they will not be permitted to see them again. Finding ways of communicating to loved ones is a big no-no, as it could potentially expose other vampires. Contact with former loved ones, if uncovered, has.. less-than-pleasant consequences.

Last edited:
bump

last version of this died again (rip) so lets give this another go shall we?

bump

buuump

I am...very interested...but I worry I may be biting more than I can chew.
haha it looks intimidating, but you're more than welcome to fill out a Cs!

Any specific age range for this RP, I know they're vampires but will they be in high school, college, working class?
nobody younger than about 20, i would say. my vamps would be sketched out about turning someone really young lol

So, I have a question about lineages. , what exactly does that mean for our characters?
lineage is just a fancy word for family. so which family would your character belong to? dygarian, manchester, sionis, or oriasus

lineage is just a fancy word for family. so which family would your character belong to? dygarian, manchester, sionis, or oriasus
thats only if you chose one of those families, though. if your character is from a different family somewhere else, you would just put that families last name

buuuuuuuuuuuump

Ooo I'm definitely interested! But can I know how often you'd expect us to post once this starts?

Ooo I'm definitely interested! But can I know how often you'd expect us to post once this starts?
truthfully i havent given that much thought, but id be comfortable with once every 1-2 weeks, in case people have stuff come up.

bump!

only got 1 sheet accepted so far so there's lots of spaces to claim!

bummmpp, still lots of room! hoping to balance out the genders with some male characters!!

This looks VERY interesting, I shall have a good ponder on a suitable character that I shall enjoy playing for the long term. Will submit a CS as soon as I've got him figured out, I'll make sure they are male to keep the balance quite so.

Will put up a cs but it'll take a while, if that's okay? Was busy all week TvT
sure! we wont start until i approve everyones sheets anyway, so theres no rush! take your time!

bump! still a few slots left if anyone is interested!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back