• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ⚘ ~The Summer Season ~ ⚘ [OOC]

Characters
Here

Oenanthe

Your Local Schmuck
AdoredOldGecko-small.gif

Classical Music Ambiance

Some Resources For You:
(I'll be real...none of these are super fun or high quality but they'll get the job done)
What is the Regency Era? (Short Historical Essay)
Fashion
Slang
Etiquette ( A must watch if you play a high society character)
Social Class & Wealth

Some Clips From Movies To Help You Out
Awkward English Dances 1 & 2
Passionate Confessions of Love 1, 2, 3, & 4
Humor 1, 2,

Resource For Period FCs
Specific Tumblr Blog Dedicated To Black Period FCs

~ Discord Server ~
Approved character not required to join and OOC thread here will still be active and official.

Last edited:
Some notes about making characters:

Please let me know if you'd like any help with your character or want to consult the group. I'm also free sometimes to help you dig for period face claims (not required of course) or answer historical questions. I've said before that perfect historical accuracy is not a requirement for this RP, but it's always fun to do some digging and I don't mind helping you iron something out.

Yay I’m actually really excited for this RP! Wanted to do a period drama type forever.
I would like one of my characters to the daughter of a middle class gentleman, but I’m trying to research a good Victorian middle class occupation for him. I thought about a merchant or a doctor or clerk but honestly not sure.

So I was wondering if I could do brother and sister characters? And older sister and younger brother. I was thinking maybe they could've been separated at birth, so they don't know each other. The sister is a royal heir, but the brother lives with an adopted family and is... not, basically? I honestly don't know yet, it was the first idea that popped up. It feels a bit cliche though and I'm not exactly sure how to make it more interesting.

So I was wondering if I could do brother and sister characters? And older sister and younger brother. I was thinking maybe they could've been separated at birth, so they don't know each other. The sister is a royal heir, but the brother lives with an adopted family and is... not, basically? I honestly don't know yet, it was the first idea that popped up. It feels a bit cliche though and I'm not exactly sure how to make it more interesting.
How about if they were both conceived out of an illegitimate relationship and that’s why they got separated? That would have been very scandalous in those days and royals did tend to have affairs with commoners at times and kept it all very hush hush. 😊

PixieDust PixieDust Your character idea sounds solid!

BippityBoppityBoop BippityBoppityBoop Royal heir would definitely be a little too "big" for this RP if that makes sense? The highest I am willing to let the characters be would be a Baron or "lord/lady". These would be wealthy landowners and a BIG deal in a little country county like Somerset.

For making a character more interesting, I'd try rounding them out by adding in random details and conditions. For example let's say your character is a lady and in line to be a Baroness of a far off estate staying in Somerset for the season. Why is she here? Has she found out she has a brother and is looking for him? Maybe she did something dreadfully embarrassing or is delaying an arranged marriage?

I think for the time being they don't know about each other yet simply for the :bishiesparklesl:d r a m a:bishiesparklesl:. But I think the idea of an illegitimate relationship would be good to incorporate, and I've definitely got some ideas rolling now for her reason for being in Somerset. Thanks!

@ EVERYONE

Some of you expressed some concerns about unfamiliarity with the setting or genre so I'm going to link you guys to some resources that might help in the OOC description. They're not exactly riveting, but I hope you watch them anyway because they could seriously improve everyone's experience and understanding of the RP.

Oh if I could, can I have Nikola Selezinko as the sister's FC? I'm still on the hunt for a good male FC
Sure!

Make sure to brush up on those resource videos I've provided. I highly recommend you watch both Ettiquite as well as Social Class & Wealth. As for male face claims, I provided a link to pretty good directory for period ones (again, not required but I dont have a good resource for just general FCs other than pinterest) and on the left you can select Regency & Victorian to find specific face claims.

Well it definitely helped with the faceclaim! I think Callum Turner might be good for a half brother for the sister!

Time to brush up on some 1800 facts now~

WHY CAN'T WE HAVE BALLS AND TEA PARTIES TO BE SOCIAL ANYMORE. Like I'm literally watching these videos and wishing there were so many things we could adopt back into the now. Like the FASHION?! Beautiful. The manners? Immaculate. I WANT TO BE TAUGHT HOW TO BE A LADY DAMMIT!

Well if I can take a trip out of the country I know where I'm going. I mean not that I would be able to go to a ball, but still! England would be so cool to visit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back