• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Zoids: new century AU in character

"AGGH!" Edward yelped in surprise and made a bunch of odd arm movements due to panic, he hadn't seen Blizzard due to the snow and Blizzard's color scheme. Edward took a deep breath, calming himself and turned to the white tiger like Zoid. Then immediately smiled like a child on Christmas.

"Wow it's a Zaber fang! Wait, there are some differences to the original and Zabers don't really come in that color... A unique variant!?" Edward started to nerd out over the Zoid. Before realizing not the time for that.

Edward put his hands up to show he was not a threat, so there isn't an accident were someone gets turned to salsa... someone meaning him.

angelbim10 angelbim10

The door slides up as he sat down, it showed to be a silhouette of a female. She motions him to hop in, wearing her snow clothes to keep her protected. Which was interesting was that she was just relaxed on the chair as his tails wags

Shiyonichi Shiyonichi

Edward slowly lowers his arms to the side and brushed off the snow and slowly stepped into the cockpit, squeezing behind the pilot seat, of course due to being quite a tall guy he barely had room and to lean down to fit in. Edward looked around the cockpit straining his neck so he could see the entire thing, it felt oddly similar to his own Zoid, Li despite the two having no physical similarities.

"Thanks for saving me out there I could barely feel my face!" Edward said cheerfully despite previously being in what 9 out of 10 people would call a crappy situation.

angelbim10 angelbim10

Sora and Rex conversation about snow had ended a couple hours. She was now in the command room. Sora was watching the com in case Luna got lost. They haven't moved since Luna left. So as long as she follwed the road Luna would be safe. There a bleep on the radar"Luna are you there." Sora says through the com.
angelbim10 angelbim10 Shiyonichi Shiyonichi ChazGhost ChazGhost Karcen Karcen

Edward was not prepared for the sudden shaking and flopped around, hitting his head against the side of the cockpit and giving a strange cry.

"Agagsjht!" Edward rubbed the top of his head, before realizing that due to the comlink being on at that time, the cry of pain was transmitted to the whole team. Blushing in embarrassment and pretending that it never happened, he introduced himself over the coms.

"Hi, the name's Edward Goodwin, Zoid pilot and general Zoids expert, nice to meet you!"

Edward rubbed the side of his head feeling a bump forming on his head.

angelbim10 angelbim10 Lil Shirou Lil Shirou ChazGhost ChazGhost Karcen Karcen

"And what were you doing out in a blizzard?" Xan asked chiming in on the intercom her voice as ever a near emotionless monotone.

She had been waiting for Luna to return as there was little else to do during the fierce storm. She had doubted several times the idea of sending Luna but it seemed it had paid off.

Shiyonichi Shiyonichi angelbim10 angelbim10 ChazGhost ChazGhost

"Well we got some stuff and picked up a driver without his zoid, plus blizzard loves this kind of weather it was only necassary. Heading back now see you when we get there" She ends the comm and started to walk, "Sorry about Blizzard Edward, he likes to show his happiness and all that."

Lil Shirou Lil Shirou Karcen Karcen ChazGhost ChazGhost Shiyonichi Shiyonichi

"It's fine it's not everyday you see another Zoid that's this lively... as for why I was out there in the snow..."

Edward's expression did a complete 180. Turning from a smile into a scowl of anger. He grinded his teeth and clenched his fists as he spat out.

"Some bastards stole my Partner under my nose."

Edward explained that a while back he had a though fight with a shield liger (a classic, he notes. That guy had style.) and his Zoid took some pretty heavy damage, so he had to spend his winnings on Zoid parts and didn't have enough money for rations, so in middle of going to a new town, he went hunting. When he came back he saw a purple and black whalelord shooting magnetic anchors on his Zoid and flying away with it like it was some sort of phantom thief movie.

She smiles at him, "Don't worry we will get your zoid back. Oh and say hi blizzard!" He roars as if saying hi and continues to walk like nothing, She laughs "Blizzard is very playful". Luna looks at him, "What kind of connection do you have with your zoid?" She asks curious

Edward thought about it for a moment his hand on his chin before replying.

"A valuable friend and partner."

Edward took a breath a loosed up , taking on a small grin.

"So thank you very much. "

Ed gave a sigh of relief, he hadn't found his Zoid, but he felt as if this team could and would get him back. Speaking of which...

Addressing the other members of the team he said over the intercom.

"Shouldn't we be talking face to face instead of over the intercom, it's starting to get tight in here." He joked.

Sora jumps when Xan appears next to her using the com. Sora wasn't overly alert so sneaking up on her wasn't hard to do. Xan pretty much said what Sora would of said." Hey Luna when you get close I will open the side door for blizzard to come in inside. I give Blizzard a hot oil bath when you get in. Edward talk to Xan and Rex when you arrive and we will help you look for your zoid. " Sora was a bit uncomfortable with the idea of zoid thieves in the area. They all had rare zoids and she didn't want to be a target.

angelbim10 angelbim10 Shiyonichi Shiyonichi ChazGhost ChazGhost Karcen Karcen

(Just going to move us to the cargo if you don't mind.)

"Aye, Aye." Edward responded. Edward did his best to make himself comfortable, by leaning back against the wall the best as he's position allowed him to, though the bits of equipment on the back wall stabbed into his back, forced him to shift his position a few times. Due to not having a proper seat Ed also spent the next few minutes trying not to repeat his earlier mistake and avoid possibly getting a concussion, with mixed results, as the enthusiastic White Zoid ran into the opened hatch of the towing Hover Cargo. As the shadow of the cargo's opened hatch was on them Edward readjusted his eye patch and prepared to greet his other benefactors.

Xan had waited she did not make any doubts she had clear to the others, while it was true that some people stole zoids and sending out someone to find others in a blizzard was a stupid idea it was still possible. In truth it was the weather condition that gave the most trust to the man as it was just to strange to risk someones life to get zoids when ambushes woudl work better. She had through about the idea of him leading people back but again the chance he would freeze to death was just to great.

" There you two are" she said her tone as cold as the blizzard outside " I have a few questions about this abduction" She said able to sound surprisingly authoritative.

Edward was carefully getting out of the Blizzard Spike, climbing down from the giant white kitten when Xan had adressed him. He instinctively held back a shiver at which he was pretty sure wasn't from the cold metal he was currently climbing down from. When he was what he deemed as safe distance from the ground, he jumped down, bending his knees to cushion the impact. He turned around and got a first look at this new face and it was...

'Ice queen, cold, beatifiul and intimidating.'

Though he kept the thought to himself, he could practically feel her suspicion stabbing into him and he didn't want to make a bad first impression. Xan, he guessed as she sounded nothing like the girl he spoke to over the intercom, who told her them what to do and Rex, he was pretty sure that was a guy's name. 'Xan, huh? Sounds foreign.' The cyclops noted as he put his hands over his head in a 45 degree angle.

"Alright... If it could get Li back, ask away."

Last edited:
" Very well i want to hear the story of how your zoid was stolen, where and any place they might have gone" she said her tone still unchanging.

she waned to hear his story and see if she felt it was right, and she planned to go after it anyways even if it was a trap she woudl not let people poach zoids and attack people illegally. she might not always seem it but she did have some sense of responsibility and correcting such injustices spoke to her as something they had to do .

Edward repeated the story he told them before, though slightly more detailed since he now had more time to collect his thought instead of spending it thinking of how uncomfortable it was being squeezed in the back of cockpit soaking, wet and aching all over from the long walk and the freezing cold climate.

"The Whalelord was modified for the theft and they did the theft just before the snowstorm set in, these guys aren't your average thieves they were too organized for it, they flew northwest from here." Edward stopped to recall more details. Putting his hand on his chin, he recalled one thing that was strange, one thing that just didn't seem right.

"Well during the fight with the shield liger I spotted a few people wearing (insert whatever uniform the bad guys have. Since they always have uniforms.) just standing outside the battle zone, I didn't have time to focus on them as I was focused too much on dodging enemy fire, but as soon as I spotted them they ran into their Helcats and ran off. And well after that I kinda forgot all about them... due to seeing the repair bills putting me into shock." Edward glanced to the side as he gave the excuse for his stupidity.

" i see" she said nodding.

Xan though about it the story seemed good enough and it fit, he didn't have to much detail or knowledge that woudl indicate a trap. She decided that Edward could be trusted enough that he wasn't working with these people. They woudl have to go after them and get the zoid back but they would need another zoid. Xan could get another but it woudl require some calls to her father and a little begging, but she would do it. they woudl have to find some way to track these thieves but with the snowstorms being somewhat common they had to have a base set up especially if Li was as wild as Blizzard was.

" The tomorrow we will ask around the two about these thieves and where they might hide" She said not promising to tell authorites but rather that her team woudl help him a strangers.

Sora hit the switch to close the side hatch. The inside of the bay was almost as cold as the outside. " Can we talk about this inside the kitchen. It to cold to stay in here until the heater warms it back up." Sora says holding her arms around her upper body . She didn't bother to change out of her pjs. It wasn't like she was working today in the garage. Other than the blizzard and sending Luna out to get supplies it was a relaxing day.
Karcen Karcen angelbim10 angelbim10 ChazGhost ChazGhost Shiyonichi Shiyonichi

A breeze reminded that Edward was still soaked from the snow and all that walking left him hungry and tired. Shivering he wondered when was the last time he'd seen a kitchen as he had slept in his Zoid most of the time and usually camped out and cooked most of his food on a camp fire, a portable stove if he was lucky and it didn't break from bouncing around in the cargo hold after either Li's wild runs or a hard fight.

"Well if the Ice queen allows it." Edward realized he'd just vocalized his first impression, that he specifically didn't want to be heard by the white haired girl. 'Apparently, I'm smart enough to memorize and recall details for who knows how many Zoids, yet dumb enough to forget about watching my own damn mouth.'

"You are not the first to say that "Xan saif.

It was true and that was in truth the impressio she desired to give off and needed to for now. With what was happening she may have to reveal some things.

"You can use the kitchen and will bunk with Rex for the night" She continued as the group walked to the warm kitchen.

"Well of course guess you get that a lot huh? So, I'm guessing you are zoid warriors?"

The cyclops said as he took off his winter jacket, it had become a bit heavier due to all the melted snow, he hadn't gotten a good look at the other zoids in the hanger, but they just gave off that feeling. Edward wrapped the jacket over his arm and then readjusted his eye-patch as his stomach growled. To Edward it might have been a good thing that his face was already red from the snow as he would have blushed in embarrassment.

" First you need to ask Rex for some of his clothes and a shower. I am not allowing you in my kitchen before you do that. No one allowed to be cold, wet and hungry on my watch." Sora says with a motherly/sisterly tone . She highly doubt he was a zoid thief and knew by Xan offer neither did she. Hopefully Rex wouldn't be to piss with losing his privacy for the next couple night.
Karcen Karcen angelbim10 angelbim10 ChazGhost ChazGhost
Shiyonichi Shiyonichi

Luna shook her head like oh boy, before yawning as her arm stretched out. Her bones popping in different areas while Blizzard was eager for a bath shaking his tail back and forth, luna looks over at her partner tiredly "You will get your bath, I will hit the hay we can go snow riding tomorrow if you want big guy." He nods content with that and lays down, watching as Luna went to go get a quick shower

Lil Shirou Lil Shirou Shiyonichi Shiyonichi Karcen Karcen ChazGhost ChazGhost

Users who are viewing this thread

Back