• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Zoids: new century AU in character

Lil Shirou

Ask me about current roleplays i might be doing.
Zoids are no longer used for warfare; instead the combative natures of both Zoids and humans are focused and contained by a series of battle-competitions and tournaments, run by the Zoid Battle Commission. The Zoid Battle Commission seems to be a significant power on Planet Zi, fielding a considerable arsenal of armed Zoids, orbital platforms serviced by their own launch facilities as well as orbital based weapons systems.

Team cobalt blaze are a low level B team raising through the ranks to S rank. Right now the are camping their hover cargo unit near the western coast. A rocky beach with lots of caves and tide pools. Just a wonderful day for many. Sora is spending her time cleaning and repairing a salvage dual sniper rifle that she acquire. She not having the best of luck converting it for her shadow fox. " damn. This thing going to fight me at every turn but I guess it would be worthwhile if it went easy." Sora says with a bit of anger and pride.
(i242^pimgo_distr.jpg
Our hover cargo unit)
angelbim10 angelbim10
Karcen Karcen
ChazGhost ChazGhost

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/zoids-new-century-au-occ.340689/
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/zoids-new-century-au-character-sheet.340333/#post-7990424

Last edited:
Luna was currently sitting on a box that was sturdy enough for her to sit on, she was eating a chocolate bar she was saving while watching her Zoid. Sometimes she would have trouble figuring out what it was doing, others the two would act like close siblings. It was a strange phenominon for her but she didn't mind it, it only just makes her smile

"Of course. That what I say about a beautiful women all the time" Rex smirking walking up to Sora. "Well not exactly of course but you know what I mean." Rex added shaking his head. Then he started looking over the dual sniper rifle. "So where did you gets this gun from? A junk yard or from left overs of another match?" Rex asked.
Lil Shirou Lil Shirou

Xan watched the others from a distance always having been distance despite being the one to have invited them to join her team. she did not believe they needed to be close to be an effective team, though so far that was not exactly going to plan, but beggars could not be choosers. Still despite this and her focus on things like getting to the top she did sometimes do things for them even if she did not mention her reasoning, a good example was where they were she had heard of it being nice. Yet when she had come here it seemed the others were more interested in actually doing work than getting to goof off and play in the area bellow as she had expected.

Well it didn't matter things were better if they focused on moving up the ranks over having fun after all they would likely only have so long to make it to the top and Xan wanted to spend as much time there as she could.

" once you get the gun installed we can test it out, hopefully that can be done today" Xan said walking over her voice cold and monotone not reveling how she felt and her face expressionless also hiding her feelings.

Lil Shirou Lil Shirou ChazGhost ChazGhost angelbim10 angelbim10

She looks watching Rex and Xan, before at her zoid. Luna gets up and throws away her wrapper, before walking over to Blizzard. He brings his head down as she soon pets him, smiling softly before leaning against his head watching Sora work. Luna was always fascinated with the thoughts and feelings of one's zoid, it has always been a thing for her to want to befriend zoids other than her own...its like she has this connection she wants to figure out. Luna rolls her eyes at what Rex said, 'Beautiful women you can't have' she thought inside her head

Sora was use to Rex's flirting with them all. The team would be a all girl team if it wasn't for Rex. Which Sora wouldn't mind but then they wouldn't have aerial Zoid and pilot. " I salvage the gun from from an old wreck. I been working on it for awhile trying to get it clean out and usable for shadow fox to use. If it works we could have shadow fox could be use in long range with his camofouge abilities he will be hard to find in a match."

Sora was one of the first to join Xan team first as a Zoid mechanic and later a pilot of shadow fox. Sora has been helping repairing zoids and salvage Zoid parts. Something she had a nac for since she was 13. "I don't think I will be able to get it up and ready quite yet. Maybe a day or two. If I can get the rest of the parts. I been working on the change out system to allow shadow fox and me to change out between the two main weapons."
Karcen Karcen angelbim10 angelbim10 ChazGhost ChazGhost

Rex was the last one to join the team. It of course took very little convincing to get him to join the team. All it took was Xan explain the team had only girls so far and Rex joined without another word of explanation. He waited to hear a few more words he may not have joined a team with such a low B rank.

"If their is anyone who can make it work it of course would be you. If their's anyway I can help you get the parts don't hesitate to ask" Rex said giving small bow to Sora. "And of course if you need anything as well my icey queen, just ask" Rex said as stood up straight and turing to Xan.
Karcen Karcen Lil Shirou Lil Shirou angelbim10 angelbim10

" A day or two , well we can delay things until then, we have not matches scheduled" she said her tone still cold as if the others were an annoyance.

She didn't even bother to respond to Rex and his talk of women he was always like that and she found it mostly benign for long as he did not cause drama or get in trouble she would have few issues with him. She also found that having someone complement others did help bolster morale, though she did not explain this feeling it was more than apparent. it was like that with all of her oddball team they were not the kind experts woudl pick but Xan saw in them potential untapped and believe they could do it, this of course went unsaid. Then she heard Rex's offer and came up with an idea.

" If you have no other duties, assuming you don't consider hitting on the team a duty of yours" She started her tone never changing not a hurtful cold but just a neutral one " Then i believe that the tide pools below would have some creatures we could cook to save money, i will be going down to get them" she said coming up with an excuse " You could aid me, and the team instead of simply lazing about"

ChazGhost ChazGhost angelbim10 angelbim10

Sora was thinking a bit. Mostly about whether she should go to the store today or not. " I think me and shadow fox are going for a supply run. I pick up the parts I need for the dual sniper rifle and some more food. Just in case the fishing and damaging doesn't pan out. At the vary least I make stew out of your catch. Btw you should make sure blizzard repairs are working before we get another match Luna.
Karcen Karcen , ChazGhost ChazGhost , angelbim10 angelbim10

Rex was surprised and sad as Xan accepted his offer. He wasn't excited to go down and hunt down random creatures as well as eat them again. "Of course... I'll follow your lead..." Rex said disappointed. He was hopping more interesting duty... And not having "living off the land" type dinner again. "I'll go get the nets and fishing poles and meet you down their" Rex said heading into the hover cargo unit to get them.
Karcen Karcen Lil Shirou Lil Shirou angelbim10 angelbim10

Xan simply nodded and instead of going straight down to the tide pools and ocean she instead went back to her room. Once there she would change out of her normal clothes, which aside form the shoes and socks and jacked would be ok to go down to the beach in and get into a swimsuit. she could not say she wanted to actually goof off some that was not proper for her so she had made an excuse, they in truth would have enough money for food but she had to have a reason to get them down.

Her swimsuit was a rather simple looking bikini that had a slightly metallic blue color and shine to it. while most wouldn't realize that the swimsuit was actually rather costly those with a good eye could see it was most definitely a designer brand. It woudl likely fuel the odd paradox she had created that he team was always on the edge of running out of money but there was always just enough so they had to hunt for food and she was going around it expensive swim wear.

Once she was changed and she had gathered a towel for latter, as she was not letting slat water into the hover cargo , she would go the the door leading out of the massive transport and waited for Rex to arrive, her expression as neutral as ever as if this was an annoyance she only barely tolerated, this was despite it being her idea.

ChazGhost ChazGhost

Luna watches and listens, 'Huh...interesting' she nods before speaking up "Me and Blizzard are gonna do some training" before hearing what Sora said and goes to do that first knowing it was important as well

Rex came out with the fishing poles and nets to a surprise, Xan in a bikini. It was pleasant surprise but he was still curious as to why she was in one. "Nice bikini, simple yet beautiful if I say so myself. It suits you" Rex said acting like expert even though he was not. "So my icey queen lead the way and I'll happily follow behind" Rex said with his moral slightly improved even with Xan less then excited expression.
Karcen Karcen

Sora puts her tools away for now and gets ready to go. She opens the side exit to the cargo port and then hopes into shadow' s cockpit. She exist and heads for the town they past yesterday by herself. She perfected to shop alone since she is pragmatic member if the team. Although Xan was team leader and always complaining about money but then she would the team money on luxury items. So Sora tries to prevent this by doing the shopping.

Sora followed the rocky coastline heading south. The path allowed her to test shadow's agility by jumping from the low over hangs to the road until she arrive at the small town. She parked shadow fox outside of town near the part store and general store. She walks into the part store first and sees a small group maybe 3 giving the owner a hard time. They were rude and insulting to the poor old man behind the counter. He trying is best to help them but they were to busy trying to exploit the old man kindness. After finishing with them the old man turn to sora asking if she needed anything." That was an angry bunch. Do you have parts for a dual sniper rifle?"

The old man thinks for second and the answer her with " yes ma'am. Are you a zoid pilot?"

Just as the old man say this one of the three punks answers with " no way that little girl is a zoid pilot." Says the man as he spits on the ground. His friends laugh at his comment towards Sora.

Sora just ignores them. "Great my boss would be glad. Can you deliver the parts tomorrow morning we are just out of town near the tide pools and beach."

" sure ma'am I can do that. The price plus delivery would be 1,000 credits. " says the old man.

" this should cover the cost." Says Sora as she hands him the credits and then she tries to leave, but she stop by the three men.

"Pretty lady where you going in such a hurry. " as the man then tries to touch her, but before he does Sora kicks him square into his family jewels and he drops to the ground gasping for air. Sora then runs as his friends try to help him off the ground.

Sora then finish shopping and heads back to shadow fox. She see the three men looking for her. So she quickly enters shadow's cockpit and then she puts the groceries in the back compartment behind her seat. She heads back to her camp site. Little does she know she will see them again soon.

angelbim10 angelbim10 Karcen Karcen ChazGhost ChazGhost

Last edited:
While Luna was working on repairs, she stopped feeling something was wrong. Quickly wrapping things up, she wipes her hands off and soon gets her zoid up and running. Luna does a systems check before driving out with Blizzard over to Sora's location catching up quickly, she connects a communication line over to Sora "Hey I felt something was wrong, you okay?" She asks
Lil Shirou Lil Shirou

Sora and shadow are almost home when she see Blizzard coming towards her. She thinks herself. wow gone for a couple hours and I get a warm greeting. How wonderful!!! She then gets a call over her com. Luna face appeared on screen asking if she was alright. " yea I am fine. I just had to deal with three guys that are more pervy then Rex. Good news is I got groceries and the part. which will be here tomorrow. Good to see Blizzard moving good again. Let's have a race back to home."
angelbim10 angelbim10

" you could just call me by my name, it is faster to say" Xan said not seeming to care if he did or not though he didn't see herself as an ice queen after all she had done things thinking of the team as more than just zoid pilots an ice queen wouldn't have done such. Well it was their issue if they refused to notice such things she would just do as she always did she did need too keep a distance from the others. Xan would lead him down to the tide pools and look around in truth there were plenty of critters they could cook up but well Xan had a plan for that she hadn't actually meant for this to be real work.

" It will be several hours until the others return from shopping, even with Blizzard carrying them. " Xan said her tone stating it as merely a fact " You can relax if carrying things was to much hard work" she said walking to a tide pool and picking up a star fish from within.

ChazGhost ChazGhost

" I don't mean Icey Queen as a insult. I mean as while you always have a cold expression your beauty is that to match... No surpass that as the snow. And of course as the leader your indeed our queen of sorts. So icey queen is complement not a insult my dear Xan" Rex said meaning it mostly as they made their way to the tide pools.

Once they where there and Xan said he could relax he about to do just that. Then he thought about for a second before he headed to edge of the pool with a fishing pole. "Of course I'm not tired. I'll show what I can do." Rex said wanting to show off before he began fishing.
Karcen Karcen

Xan had in truth meant for that to be him to actually call her by her name but the way he explained it did actually make her reconsider it, deciding in the end that there was no harm in it she would not protest his use of the nick name. Xan did wish that she could really talk to people as what she had meant as a joke Rex had apparently taken literally in asking if he had done to much. She in truth did want to mess around and had some shellfish stored deep in a fridge from a trip when most had assumed she would be buying something costly. Well she could just remain silent and let them do what they wanted even if that meant actually working when she meant to goof off.

" Very well You will be our only source of food tonight, i hope you catch plenty" she said her monotone making her seem like she meant it as some kid of punishment a drill Sargent might give as she pocked at the various soft bodied animals in the shallow pools.

ChazGhost ChazGhost

"Of course... Wait what?" Rex said confused as Xan told him he was going to be the only source of food tonight before she went off to pock the small soft bodied animals. Then with a sigh he sat on a rock, baited the hook and flung it out into one of the deeper pools.

...This could be a good time to get to know Xan better... If she'll even tell me anything at least... Rex thought as he began his fishing. "So do you like those soft little critters?" Rex asked figuring it was the best place to start a conversation.
Karcen Karcen

" They are different, assuming" Xan said.

Xan in truth had never really been to a beach so this was a first for her, but she didn't let it show even the fact that she enjoyed the squishy nature of these creatures was downplayed. Xan didn't talk much about herself, she did share stories and kept tight lipped when it came to her sources of income. If she enjoyed poking star fish and sea cucumbers was not to far into personal territory for long as it didn't involve stories.

Xan did wish she was better at small talk as she actually was having some trouble thinking up something that seemed worthwhile to talk about. " You seem decent at fishing were you taught by another?" She asked her tone not showing her intrest.

With the response she ends the comm and immediately runs back home, as if agreeing to the challenge. Before stopping and looks around, something different feel right and it was getting her on edge. Blizzard makes a roar sound suddenly loud enough to let everyone hear, before running off on its own as if Luna had no control over it while Luna was trying to get him under control

"Where did I learn. Well my dad taught me. He used to take out every other weekend to his lake house. It was pretty fun, me, him, and who ever was his girlfriend at time." Rec said smiling. "He finally settled with one girl couple years ago finally. Which is pretty good sense he's been in the game for as I've been alive and longer." Rex continued. "So what about you? Do you know how fish? If not you can always take a few lessons from a master like me" Rex said smirking.
Karcen Karcen

Xan didn't show it but she was jealous that Rex apparently had a close relationship to one of his parents and while she couldn't say hers was distant she couldn't say it was informal, if anything she tended to feel that she was given things as a replacement for time spent on other things. Still it wasn't all that cold just she felt disconnected to her family . As for fishing she didn't know about that she had never done it before as such things were not exactly for her or her family to do there were others to fish for them. Though the lessons might be nice but they would likely not be here long enough for it to matter. In fact as if to show how little time they had Xan heard Blizzard roar and could almost feel the massive machine run wild through the ground shaking irregularly.

" It would seem Blizzard has gone mad again" Xan stated " Perhaps we should get him under control" she said actually not wanting to do it " Though then you might get out of being the provider"

Rex almost lost hold of the rod as Blizzard roared. "Again?" Rex commented with a sigh. "Yeah we... Wait was that joke?" Rex said after Xan commented on how he'll get out of being a provider. "Not bad... Not bad at all my icey queen" Rex said smiling as Blizzard roared again. "While I love to show off my skills we should take care of him before he cause to much trouble." Rex said getting his hook of the water. "Hopefully we can get back to this once we got him under control..." Rex said with a sigh. "Luna really needs to get him under control".
Karcen Karcen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back