• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Zhaojun City] The Mile High Heist

Zahrah Fiore

Just as Zahrah was happy to have made a new friend, both they and their latest friend were totally shocked by a loud noise. “Oh my!” Zahrah yelled out in surprise. “That sounded bad!” Suddenly Zahrah realised what an awful situation they might be in. “Oh no, oh no! Fire and gun blasts... this means... oh no! There might be terrorists aboard this ship!” That would be the absolute worst of worst case scenario's. In all their algorithms and calculations, terrorist were a constant cause of unhappiness and a very difficult group to make happy themselves, if not outright impossible.

When they were told not to go anywhere, they saluted. “Aye sir!” Oddly enough they were even put under arrest. How in the world could that be? Was it because they were too young? That must be it. Someone finally arrested them for having talked about adult things despite being a few negative thousand years old. That was terrible. They wondered how they were ever going to pay for such crimes and how they'd live on from there.

Sadly enough, that wasn't their only problem. It was getting smokier and smokier. However, they were told to sit still and not go anywhere! They were coughing a bit. They didn't need to eat or anything, but apparently their body needed to breath. How peculiar! Perhaps it was to air out the cotton inside of them? Either way, it was problematic, as breathing with all the smoke wasn't all that easy. They also feared their precious cotton would start smelling thoroughly like smoke, if it wasn't already.

“HELLO!?! SOMEONE?!? ANYONE?!?” Zahrah called out through the smoke, hoping to draw the attention of someone. “I WAS TOLD TO STAY HERE BUT IT IS GETTING REALLY SMOKEY!” Ah, what a horrendous situation to be in. Get out of the smoke and find a nicer place to continue existing or stay in the smoke and obey the wish and command of their latest friend? How as a construct supposed to chose between those two extremes? If they had tear ducts they'd most definitely be crying by now. Such an awful predicament to be in.

No, no. They had to be brave! Just like how they told their latest friend to brave. They could defeat this nasty smoke! Yes! They just had to find the courage to face it. “Smoke! Your time is at end! My friend told me to stay here, so you can't chase me out! Even if I'm feeling a little light-headed by now... and my eyes feel weird... and I think I can smell and taste nothing but smoke and I'm worried about the terrorists on this ship and... and...” Error 404. Comfort routine not found. They tried their best to get the emotional analysis running on themselves and 'fix' their own distress, but it did no work. Their inability to deal with their own emotions, not even being able to run a full-spectrum analysis on it, only made things harder on them.

“Smoke... smoke... go away... I so no... and I say nay... smoke... smoke... go away...” They started mumbling, vaguely recalling that a routine set of words might help them but not really sure why they remembered so. Was it their cotton-brain failing them due to the amount of smoke it'd been taking in? Was their brain too smoked too function? That hadn't happened since the last time they tried to run a Triple A game in Alpha on ultra settings. Truly, they felt like their mile high experience had turned into a real nightmare, but they'd persist. They couldn't let their friend down and leave this smoke-filled place without good reason.

Ingenium
__mani_of_machine_elona_drawn_by_harusame_rueken__217be3bf0895d0e978044779f99c598a.jpgRunning through the underbelly of the ship Ingenium could hear the shouts of the guards. No doubt they had discovered what remained of the cannons controls. He had left Zahrah behind but their was little risk to them, besides the mission came first. As he ran the Construct could feel the weakness of his frame beginning to affect him. His pace got slower and his legs were out of sync leading to his run being more akin to a limping jog. Fortunately he had pushed himself just enough to reach his destination. Across from the loading bay he could finally see it, the engine. His crimson eyes locked onto the engine, his objective was before him. Seeking to conserve energy he produced his collapsible cane from his coat leaning upon it as he approached.

He noticed them before they saw him. Workers tending to the ships engine. Seeing his approach they looked at him with confusion, before calling out to him. Ingenium paid no mind to their words. The moment he observed them his mind was active with calculations, all set on a single decision. Probabilities race to the forefront of his mind before being discarded and other reassessed. It wasn't anything like the ability to see the future, it was merely math. Reducing the chaos of the world into comprehensible numbers. Technically with enough information and time anyone could do this, but not like Ingenium could. By the time the first engineer finished his sentence he had already come to his conclusion. Staring directly at the man before him he did not speak nor show anything upon his face. Gripping the side of his coat he pulled it to the side to allow easy access. With the other arm he reached into it, his metallic fingers gripping onto the laminated wooden stock. Pulling it out of his coat the weapon was revealed. First the receiver along with the breech bolt and ejection port, followed by the barrel and then finally the muzzle. The men before him would likely not be able to recognize what it was, nor understand the things which fashioned it together. The complex yet simple instruments which allowed this weapon to kill with such efficiency. Ingenium understood, he knew every piece and how they fit together. When he pointed the gun and fired it he knew every process and mechanism which would propel the shell. While his body was frail his mind was powerful, he could practically see the bullet travel through the air into the skull of the man in front of him. His aim was accurate, as if he had been shooting all his life. Though this was only the third time he's fired his gun, and his first time taking a life. As before the kickback from his weapon caused him to stumble and fall onto his butt to the floor, his arm just barely managing to keep ahold of it. His eyes swiveled to his next target, and from the ground he fired one more shot just as the other mans body fell to the floor [Winchester Premium].

His work done he raised himself from the ground. The spent shells from his shotgun falling hot upon the floor. Calmly he raised himself up then pointed his gun to the last engineer. "You will aid me in detaching the engine. Do not think to escape, at my minimum speed approximately halfway to the door you will be dead. Please comply." Ingenium stared at the young man. Seemingly unbothered by the two lives he had just taken.

• [Winchester Premium]- Magic E, [Explosive] Affinity E, Magic Targets F, Magic Range F - Ingenium loads a magical shell and fires an explosive spread shot hitting up to 2 enemies and travels 10ft. - Grade E - 1 Post Cooldown

Loke

3B2752ED-8D9A-4AFB-A98E-F4C1DE057018.jpeg

Loke looked to the crew member as she spoke. It would seem rationality hadn’t yet kicked back in for them Still, it was a good thing none of them were panic rushing the door, that would just end up badly for the runner. “Simple, land the ship in the ocean. Sounds simple enough for ‘just a party boat’ if you ask me.” He shrugged, remaining where he was leaned on the wall beside the only door leading into the room. There really was no reason the crew wouldn’t be able to do what they needed. “Just go back to your stations and go through the landing routine.”

Taking a moment, Loke decided to peek out to the party. Seemed like there was quite a commotion going on. It seemed that the distraction team had to take some serious measures to keep the guards off their trails. A small, more paranoid part of him also noted that something might be wrong but he ignored it. There wasn’t a reason for anyone else to target the boat. This wasn’t the only rich ship in the area so getting mixed up in another hit would be unlikely.

1666493393851.png

1666493485631.png

⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars EMIYAman EMIYAman

Things had become incredibly chaotic, and exciting. He didn't expect everyone would feel the same way, but most of the ignoramus' on this ship didn't know a cog from a spring so what the hell did they know. He was sweating from head to toe, and blood trickled down his forehead and leaked around the goggles tightly strapped to his face. The vents were tight, and for once, he was glad that he was small for his size[Climbing F]. He scrambled through the tight spaces as he avoided the rampant guard activity; He figured they would be upset about the destruction on their cannon's controls...but they were very upset! He wanted to take a moment to rest, but Ingenium had put so much work in when he had honestly choked a bit when things resorted to percussive persuasion. He couldn't let him down, or The Captain.

He took a beat at a juncture and listened for any sounds of commotion and potential threats; the sharp sound of something loud ringing through the vent he was in and rattling him to his core. His train of thought took a sharp detour for a moment before he realized it was Ingenium's choice of weapon. He used the adrenaline from the sound to move faster and eventually reached a grate. He wheezed as he rooted through his toolkit before finding his screwdriver, tweaking each screw off meticulously, sliding the grate to the side. He peaked his head out to peer, and when the coast was clear. A small wiry shadow creeping along the edges of the hallway. He pulled out his steam-work man killer and felt a thrum as he could practically feel the engine vibrating through his body. He racked his Ch1m3ra shotgun as he prepared for confrontation.

A body was the first thing he caught sight of around the corner, a quick glance inferred that he was among the ship's security; A devilish smile curling across his lips as he admired Ingenium's work. His eyes training on the man who bore down on an engineer who had unfortunate luck. He skulked toward the tense interaction, encircling it before his Ch1m3ra was steady aimed at the engineer's back ; eyes meeting with Ingenium's.

"
Fortunately you're gunfire helped me find you tick tick. I can assist you, but we need to wait until we reach our drop-off point before dismantling it completely tick tick." He said, pushing his firearm against the back of his head "I prefer to tie up my loose ends, but if he behaves-" Ogdenn holstered his shotgun and patted him on the shoulder "We only need ten to fifteen minutes of your time mister, and then it will no longer be your problem tick tick"

Zeke “Mors” Valdain
image_2022-07-27_220957833.png
Zeke smirked a bit at the question being asked of him by the crewwoman, smirking a little bit. "Well, what does any pirate want? He said with a laugh, moving over to the ship controls. "I'm here for a certain valuable item. Now, lets set things down." He said with a grin, starting to move the large airship towards the rendezvous. He was glad with how the plan was going so far, reaching over to the intercom and clearing his throat. This was going to be fun, and what better way to fuel his addiction to attention.

"Attention Crew and Passengers, this is your new captain speaking. We'll be performing an emergency landing. As long as everyone behaves, everyone will get to go home safe and sound. But if anyone acts up, the man paying everyone's checks goes to a different kind of retirement home. Does everyone understand?" He said, grinning a little bit as he began to move the ship down closer to where the crew was meant to be waiting, starting to grin confidently at the so far success of the plan, even if it had a few hitches in it. He had hoped to wait a little longer to get a criminal title, but he supposed this was how the cookie crumbled.

sample-852838f43ae0fb719fc59b766373b1bc-3.jpg

"Yes, yes.." Caspian agrees to the barons orders. "..do as I say for your pathetic little ship is mine!"

Caspian would bring the Baron closer, pulling him away from the guards who growled at him like rabid hungry beasts. "I'm afraid you have no choice, deary.." the elf smirked, "Put those swords on the ground.." he looked towards the guards, before jamming the card into his cheek, drawing blood from the barons mouth, ".. you don't think i'll do it? I said put them down and step away! Or this Baron dies right now!"

Now with his arm around the barons neck, his eyes rotated from guard to guard, on high alert ready to fight if anyone of these guards decided to muster up the courage to run the risk of getting the baron slain.

"Now that I have your attention, bring me those jewels and line everyone up. including the guards." For being under such highs stress, he kept relatively calm. But there was no telling when he'd suddenly do something unexpected.

Wu Zetian
1670782261924.png
Elvario Elvario
Zarah's respect for the orders given to her had become a danger to her health and perhaps her life. The smoke had continued to billow down the corridor, but then suddenly stopped as the item had run its course. "Got it!" The soldier finally managed to find the porthole in all the smoke and threw open the window. The smoke immediately started to vent out the side of the ship, giving the appearance that it was burning from the inside. "Good you're still here." The soldier returned to Zarah with a hint of shock on his face, but that swiftly changed to embarrassment.

"You're arresting this little girl?!" The other soldier scolded. "There's no way she's responsible for this. She has no weapons and she stuck around when she could have fled." The man went on to explain. "You take her back..." The man was cut off by the sudden voice he heard coming from the cannon rooms. The voice declared they had a new captain and it seemed there was a hostage situation unfolding. "What the hell?" The second soldier asked in confusion. "Hey kid, did you see anyone else down here? Did you see where they went?" The first soldier asked of Zarah. If the ship had indeed been taken then that meant there were several people involved and they might have a lead on one of them. "This is important, you oculd save a lot of live."

NeramoDJI NeramoDJI NebulaBlossom NebulaBlossom
The crew did not like what they were hearing, but they were eager to stay alive so as Loke suggested to return to their positions some of them started to move. But one man had a different idea. Without warning he emerged from the group of crew members and tackled Loke, slamming the man to the ground. "Run!" He commanded of the other crew members. They hesitated, but eventually two of them would tackle Zeke while the others stood back, frozen by fear and uncertainty. The crew members weren't particularly strong, but they did outnumber their attackers. Luckily for Zeke he had already changed the ship's course.

EMIYAman EMIYAman Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid
The corpses that now laid still on the floor had numbed the surviving engineer's body and mind so even when Ogdenn arrived and pressed the cold barrel of his gun against him, the engineer did not react. "You killed them...my friends." His lip quivered as he stumbled over his words and he watched the blood pool around their bodies. "Wh-what do you want with the engine? If you turn it off we'll all die." Then he thought back to when the ship changed course and the swaying motion that they had all felt, coupled with the announcement that Zeke had made. "You're stealing the ship?" He deduced as his eyes shifted from Ingenium to look over his shoulder at Ogdenn. "I'll do whatever you say....just...please don't kill me."

RavenSong RavenSong accursedjobber accursedjobber
While those on the main deck could not hear Zeke's words, the guards as well as the baron would come to the conclusion that the ship was no longer under their control. The changing of the direction and the presence of the elf made it clear to Honda that there was more going on here than a simple robbery. His eyes skimmed the crowd for Zetian, the woman who had got on board with an group of people who were not vetted by his own people. He was starting to think that his trust in her might have been misplaced. But as Caspian cut into him he was forced to push suspicions aside and focus on what was happening right now.

"You heard him! Everyone empty your damn pockets!" The baron demanded in a desperate tone. The guards looked to one another briefly, but then conceded to the elf's instructions. Slowly the people rose to their feet, Zetian mimicking the crowd as she dusted off her kimono and moved to the back of the group. The guests started to empty their pockets and remove their valuables.

"What's your plan knife ear? Who are you working with?" Honda asked as his gaze shifted to Caspian as one of the guards went around collecting from the guests. "The moment you turn your back my soldiers will kill you and if you kill me then they will unleash hell on you. You would be wise to surrender and make this easy on yourself. Die with some dignity." Then Honda threw his elbow into Caspian's stomach with all his might and peeled himself away from the elf. "Seize him!" The soldiers quickly acted upon the Baron's command, surrounding Caspian with their swords drawn, essentially trapping him.

"Now, tell me what is going on. How many of you lowlifes are there?" Honda inquired from behind his soldiers. Zetian was at the back of the crowd of guests, all of which were watching with fear in their eyes. Some with regret that the pretty elf was about to be killed. But Zetian had an expression of certainty on her face as she looked to Caspian. Johnny hadn't helped the elf, but if Caspian could hold out for just a few minutes, Zetian would come up with a plan.

Zahrah Fiore

Zahrah was starting to wonder why the air was starting to taste like charcoal and why their 'lungs' were starting to feel like they were on fire. They had some regeneration going for them, but that didn't do a whole lot against this onslaught of smoke. When the smoke finally stopped pouring in, they wanted to jump up and cheer, but instead ended up coughing up lots and lots of smoke. “Bleh... this tastes like burned hopes and dreams...” They complained as they tried to brush off their tongue.

They were happy to see their latest friend return and it seemed like he was also glad to see them. “Yes! It was really **cough** tough, because everything was **cough** getting really, really, really **cough** smokey and the air started to taste like ash and **cough** fire and my eyes were starting to hurt and I **cough** was getting a little dizzy, but I managed to hold out! Just like **cough** you asked of me! Did I do good?!?” They asked, with hopeful eyes, every now and again coughing up a bit of smoke between the words. Just how much of it had gotten into their preciously plush lungs?

It seemed like the worst of it had left them, luckily enough. “Now I really don't understand why people like the man with the foxy fur breath this in for fun, even if people can heal it away with magic, this was a horrible experience! I don't understand how anyone can be made happy from this!” They complained/questioned the guard, not being able to comprehend how inhaling smoke on a voluntary basis made any rational sense whatsoever. It'd already been a tough thing to grasp back when they did have all their algorithms running, but now it was very much outside of their range of understanding.

As they were asked if they'd seen someone else, they nodded. “Yes! I was asked to help the man that looks really fly and has metal hands, as he was having eh...” Could they openly talk about someone else's mental state, or would that be infringing on their right to privacy? Zahrah wasn't quite sure. “He needed a pep talk cause he wasn't feeling well!” That was probably the best way to explain it without invading on his privacy too much. As for where he headed... Zahrah tried to remember. “He was going through the smoke, but then you bumped into me, so I'm not sure which way. I think he was already feeling better, so perhaps he was going back to the main room? Or maybe he also saw the smoke and went to try put it out as well? Oh, oh, perhaps he just got some fresh air? I heard fresh air can help you if you've been feeling down! Can you even get fresh air on this ship or are we flying too high and fast for that?” Zahrah suddenly realised they had no clue if this place was fresh-air-friendly or not.

Then again, they said this was important and that they could save a lot of life. That's when it suddenly clicked! “Oh no! Oh no! That's terrible! So there really are terrorists on this ship?!? Oh no! That's horrible! Are we going to die?!? I don't want to die! I haven't made enough people happy yet! I haven't found a cure to ageing yet! Oh no, what if Tiefy will miss me?!? I wanted to pet that foxy man's fur! This is really bad! Can we stop them? I haven't even finished most of my research yet! We have to stop the terrorists? Oh, oh, if they do their terrorist deeds, then lots of people are going to be unhappy as well! I don't want that!” Zahrah was quick to get very distressed at the thoughts of this confirmation of a worst-case scenario. Terrorist! The worst cause of decreases in happiness! On this very ship! They hadn't even been able to figure out how to join the Mile High Club yet!

If they had tear-ducts, they'd be tearing up once more as they looked at the guards with pleading eyes. “Are we going to be okay? Please say we're going to be okay! I'll do whatever I can to help make sure we're going to be okay! I'm younger than negative a thousand years old! Or I'm only 11 years old! Both are too young to die, right? Does that mean I get to live, even if we can't stop the terrorists?!? Oh, no, that means other people still have to die! We've got to stop them! Let's stop them! We can do this! Hey! Hey! Ho! Terrorists should go!” They tried to turn their fear into a cheer, using [Smooth Talker D] to convince themselves and the guards that this was all going to be sorted out!

D-Grade CD (0/2)
Smooth Talker – Character Grade D, Appraisal D, Empathy E, Insight E, Performance [Acting] F, Persuasion E, Seduction E – Character combines whatever (meta)knowledge they can find out about someone with persuasive, empathic and seductive smooth-talking and acting in an attempt to make others act according to their will. - Grade D – 2 Post Cooldown

DIo.png
Johnny Scoville

To be frank Johnny was creeping on the floor to the nearest exit hoping to use this disruption to get out of dodge, sure they may be on a air-bound ship but the allure of going through nightstands was truly hypnotic along with not being stabbed being a nice benefit, most of the hostage situations in his experience ended badly especially not unplanned ones so as the realist he was it was only natural for him to take the chance to flee, though upon taking a peek back he breathed a sigh of resignation. "Aw hell, why not"

The effectiveness of this and the Baron's brief concession showed enough weakness that perhaps this may work. That being enough for him to switch to the winning team in this exchange deciding to hedge his bets on this occasion so he stood up from the gaggle of guests he was entrenched in and took a unaccompanied drink from the bar he briefly redirected towards, taking a swig of liquid courage as he got to removing his air of plausible deniability.

So just as the situation changed from a hostage situation, Johnny took that as his cue to help faster. Pulling out his Dynamo Lily from underneath his own red finery disturbing it's dormant position hidden on the off his back as he closed the distance to helping range taking a small jump on to and subsequent leap off of the nearest table to commit to a attack on the encircling guards.

Johnny fully intending to leverage the prowess of gravity through his baseball bat onto one helmeted head of a guard's head relying on the power of blunt force trauma before dropping the bat upon impact feeling the impact of wood on helmet then catching it in his other hand as he performed a [rule 14 violation] on the closest guard to his left spinning and landing a strike on to their kneecaps as he landed hoping to create a gap of weakened guards so that Caspian can take the chance to not be in the middle of aggressive guardsman, unless they were into that, it concerned Johnny that he couldn't rule that out not like he couldn't commit now. "I was right, your skull's really are hollow, anyone else mind paying the mulligan for that?"

Rule 14 violation [E]- Fighting style [E] , Dapper knee capper [F], Steady hands[E] - Throwing the club into his other hand, Johnny divots downwards to their knee striking hard in a single motion to slow down their speed.
1 turn cooldown, Drain[Speed, F]

Loke
C785FA6F-6AB2-454D-AC3C-362FC24189EF.jpeg

Loke saw the shift in the crew. He was able to brace himself before the impact but there was no stopping it. He had one priority and that was to reseal the door before they had more problems like the guards storming the bridge. Letting his guard down was his own folly and now they had to get this situation back under control. The man above him presently had him pinned and his wand would be useless at the moment. Getting his arm free would be priority one. Thankfully, with his martyr complex the crew member wasn’t exactly thinking too much on how to keep Loke pinned and was susceptible to a knee in the groin followed by a headbutt to the nose. Pushing the man off of him, Loke rolled, pointing his wand once more at the door of the bridge. Protection!”

That would seal the door for another minute in case there were any other martyrs. Still, Loke wanted to make sure this man was dealt with. He would recover soon enough from his shock injuries. Scrambling to his feet before he could be pinned again, a quick kick to his attacker’s head would knock the man out for sometime. Seeing the two men on Zeke, Loke had a decision to make. He could go join that brawl or he could go for an intimidation ploy. The second would hopefully give his Captain an opening to regain his own control over the situation. Pointing his wand at the unconscious man on the floor, Loke barked an order. “To your stations or I blast his head off his shoulders!”

Zeke “Mors” Valdain
As Zeke was tackled, he grit his teeth in annoyance, his hand becoming coated in the energy from before, banishing one of the people holding him down as he pulled his gun out, pointing it at the other person, shoving them off. "Back with the others you rat! The next person who acts up gets skinned alive and defenestrated!" He said with grit teeth, his focus dropping enough that his illusion fell, revealing his cracked and molten burnt skin once more, before he regained his composure once more. "I told you all no one would be hurt if you just behave. A rich bastard like that Honda fellow isn't worth the effort you lads are putting in." He said, trying to appeal to not only their self preservation, but the lower classes universal hate of the upper class.

"Now, your friend is going to reappear here soon. But luckily for all of you, I'm a merciful captain, so just keep doing your jobs, and everyone gets to go home to their families again, got it?" He said, using his charisma from the [Captain] title, as well as brandishing his pistol for extra emphasis, not wanting to hurt people who are just doing their jobs, but he would if they annoyed him any further. Causing extra trouble for Zetian was not something he wanted to do, especially with any murder investigations.

"Good work immobilizing him Mr. Loke. We don't want these good folk to get hurt in a simple operation do we?" He said, doing an extra hard turn towards the rendezvous, looking at the martyr who started all of this. "C'mon lad. you got a good heart, don't make it bleed here. I got friends that've been hurt by Lord Honda's greed, and I'm just gettin' revenge on himm. I don't gotta hurt good folk like you. Now just stay at your post and we can all go home." He said while lying through his teeth about Lord Honda, offering the hand of his that didn't have the gun to the man to help him up, giving his usual charismatic smile to the man.

Last edited:
EF09D4D8-A9C3-41F3-9DD2-5782C2514CF6.png

Caspian had been quite pleased with how this improvised plan was turning out to be, should it be successful then he'd be out of this one with his pockets lined full of rich people jewlery, and from what he could observe, perhaps even some wealth in gold. "Splendid! Splendid!" He exclaimed, then the baron would inquire about who he was sent by. "Oh, I assure you I'm here of my own accord. Why would I need any helpers when I have all these fantastic guardsmen to do my bidding, as they do so now."

Caspian's victory was short lived however, when Lord Honda elbowed him on the stomach. "OOF!!!"

He held his torso after the sudden strike. His mind raced as he looked down, Dammit. I can still somehow save this, I know I can! Think Cassy, THINK!

It was then that Caspian would look up with sorrowful eyes, "I.. I'm terribly sorry Lord Honda, i.." He slowly stood up right again, "..I was told you had a kink for hostage role-play, and well.. i.. " Caspian blushed, "..well, I thought you would enjoy it. You didn't have to elbow me like that you know? You simply had to tell me to stop."

He sighed, "I'm so sorry everyone, I feel so ashamed. I didn't mean to make such a scene, it never occurred to me that maybe Lord Honda was genuinely terrified.." looking at Lord Honda, the elf reached out his hand, "..can I make it up to you with a dance, m'lord?"

Ingenium
Mentions: Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
__mani_of_machine_elona_drawn_by_harusame_rueken__7f209dccfa1aa9d6976fce0377bcab98.jpgStaring down at the young mechanic he pointed the barrel of his shotgun directly at him. Ingenium allowed him the time to understand what the situation was. His studies on conversational etiquette were bearing fruit, as otherwise he would have pushed him to act potentially adding more stress upon the human. He patiently waited, but soon the mechanic was going over the time limit he could allow. Suddenly his body lurched blinking owlishly he tilted over before falling upon the floor. It seemed the ship was turning sharply, that meant Zeke had gained control of the ship. Ingenium quickly tried to raise his shotgun to ensure the mechanic wouldn't take the opportunity to try to escape, but upon raising himself up he saw a familiar figure.

"Mr. Parvati, you've arrived." Ingenium stared over at the young boy his crimson eyes focusing upon him. His face was blank, but he was satisfied with the arrival of the young tinkerer. His presence improved the odds of the operation dramatically. Ogdenn was aiming his unique shotgun at the back of the mechanics head allaying any unwanted variables Ingenium might have had to deal with. With Ogdenn's arrival the Construct briefly considered if they needed the mechanic alive at all, keeping him around while they decoupled and transported the engine may be more trouble than necessary. Even Ogdenn broached the idea and Ingenium contemplated it further. The bizarre Construct looked to the bodies at his feet, their blood pooling the floor. Their deaths were necessary he believed that fully. But... He, liked humans. Ingenium holstered his weapon. "Correct, once we have completed our task we will have no further use of your abilities." He addressed the mechanic and Ogdenn. "Begin preparation to remove the engine once we're over the water disconnect it, the ship will drop into the ocean then the mission will be in the end phase. From there we transport it." Ingenium was the picturesque of calm and collected but the gaze he levelled on the both of them was totally inhuman. Not a shred of doubt, fear, or remorse. He pulled out a screw driver and a wrench. "Lets get to work."

Last edited:
1666493393851.png

1666493485631.png

⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙

He watched ingenium as the mechanized man mulled over what to do, ever curious about the neurons that were firing in Iggy's brain. He would often perch behind curtains of wires, diodes, and hanging scrap as he watched his partner work. It was thrilling to watch him work, and now they were on a job together. Ingenium's explanation of their plan cut through the chuff and made little concessions over emotion. Ogdenn nodded and whistled to their captive engineer as he pivoted on his heel and faced their prize. It was what The Captain wanted, and he could already see why. It was a marvel of a machine. The contradictory parts of his personality coming out as he looked it over with branching feelings. He suspects he had been born without all of the necessary human components, believing that explains his lack of empathy and propensity for violence, yet he also felt overwhelming joy to be standing before such a marvel of technology, a feeling that was inherently human.

"
I suspect the non-critical functionality is located here, here, and...here tick tick" Ogdenn removed a combination wrench from his belt and idled with it for a moment as he trained his eyes and looked with greater detail [Heightened Senses (sight) F]. "Let's disable and disconnect as much as we can before our arrival. I'd be careful with any sabotage Engineer. Me and Mr. Ingenium have very good eyes tick tick" He moved around the engine in such a way as to keep in eye contact with their captive they worked. Ogdenn abuzz with energy as he started to disable non critical systems, and lighten the load of the engine for drop off. [Tinkerer D]

Wu Zetian
OOC: Don't forget to include ability descriptions in your posts as well as cooldown information.

1671232638736.png
Elvario Elvario
"You take her back to the main deck and get new orders from the captain and Lord Honda. I'll stay down here and search for the enemy." The second guard suggested before he started off towards the back of the ship.

"Come on little girl, we should get back to the main deck and see what's really going on here." The soldier placed his hand on Zarah's head, a gesture done in the hope of comforting the girl after she seemed to panic and have a breakdown.

accursedjobber accursedjobber RavenSong RavenSong Elvario Elvario
The sound of wood upon metal would ring out over the main deck and all of the guards would turned their attention to see Johnny's armature assault. His bat would chip and splinter just a little with each hit as the armor of the guards resisted the wooden weapon. Nonetheless, the impact would still be felt and both soldiers would be knocked down by the force, although not as badly wounded as one might have hoped.

Caspian's little charade would fail to have the positive effect he had aimed for thinks to his lack of deceptive skills. All he managed to do was piss Honda off even more. But before he could order the soldiers to kill the elf, they were attacked. "Kill the-" The baron's words would be cut short as yet another person joined the frey and he looked down to see Zetian clinging to his left arm with the limb pressed firmly against her chest. "Listen to me..." She cried in a desperate voice. "...do not kill my courtesan. Arrest him for the remainder of the cruise and I will see to his punishment when we return to the brothel." The tears in her eyes, coupled with the physical touch between the two masked Zetian's use of her mind control power as she fed Honda new commands. The baron was confused and stared down at the woman, but found himself unable to look away or to disobey her.

Zarah and the soldier arrived to the main deck to the sight of civilians in distress and tensions high between soldiers and the people whom she had boarded the ship with. "Fine!" The lord's voice resonated over the ship. "Take the elf and the ring leader into custody." The command was full of anger and frustration. Zetian looked to Zarah with a desperate expression on her face. One could say that this was Zarah's time to shine. Nonetheless, the soldiers split up to surround Caspian and arrest him while moving to arrest Johnny as well, if he would cooperate.

NebulaBlossom NebulaBlossom NeramoDJI NeramoDJI
Loke's attempt to intimidate the crew would bare no fruit, his threat falling short and lacking in the ferocity that his captain possessed. While they were not scared, the people were cautious because his magic was still a mystery to them. The two who had tackled Zeke continued to pin the man, until the Captain took action himself and banished one of his attackers. Zeke had already killed someone using that ability so the people were frightened now when they saw it again. It meant someone was about to die. But no one did.

Zeke's words seemed to resonate with some of the crew members, not that they hated Honda, but he didn't seem interested in killing them for sport. That meant he wasn't as bad as most of them had initially thought. Slowly the people started to return to their posts, falling back into their roles with little resistance. As Zeke started to steer the ship towards the rendezvous and began their descent to the ocean, a voice would play out from behind him

"This is the captain of the Veridian. Come in Galavant. We're seeing smoke from your ship, are you in need of assistance?" Another ship had communicated their concern about the state of the ship and the Communications Officer looked to the radio with anxiety as he considered picking up and calling for help. But he glanced back at Zeke first out of fear. "Captain?" He softly called, waiting for orders.

Zeke and Loke would also be able to see what was happening on the deck of the ship and how serious the situation had become for Caspian and the others. The baron and his soldiers had clearly run out of patience and were now regaining control of the ship. Which meant arresting or killing Zeke's allies.

EMIYAman EMIYAman Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid
A heavy sigh of relief escaped the mechanic as he dropped to his knees. They were going to let him live. Tears started to fall from his face and gather on the ground between his bent up legs. He felt his heart in his stomach and his brain felt like it was about to explode. Was this fear or stress that made him feel this way? Maybe both.

Ingenium, Ogdenn, as well as everyone else on the ship would feel themselves slide a little as the ship was tilted forward and began to make its dive. Ogdenn had just finished disconnecting all of the important bits and now was their time to act. The mechanic quickly rushed to a nearby walls where several pipes perturbed from and he grabbed hold of one.

In the ocean below Zeke's ship and the rest of her crew were making their approach, ready for the endgame.

Zeke “Mors” Valdain
Zeke smiled as the crew seemed to get a bit more under control, giving the man he helped up a pat on the back. "There we go. Now, we're gonna set her down gently in the water." He said with a smile, looking over the crew. They seemed like good folk, was a shame their captain and first mate had to die, but they were in the way and surely wouldn't have let him take control so easily. An example had needed to be made. However, that was when he noticed the tone of things shifting, realizing that Caspian and Johnny were failing at their own jobs of keeping the guards busy, frowning a bit as he turned to hurry things up.

That was when he heard the intercom, smiling when the man called him captain.
"Alright lad, tell him we're having a little engine trouble and are setting down in the water to cool it down. We're fine, and they can continue on their route." He said, using the logic of overheating from his own experience with space grade engines, looking at the communications officer with a smile, patting him on the back before moving back to the wheel, setting it down a little faster to get things ready.

He counted on his crew, and he's done his own mission. Now it was time to help them, so he moved down, landing the ship in the water, turning to Loke.
"Alright, the others should be in position now. Ready Mr. Loke?" He asked, turning towards his second in command, grinning a little bit. He stood near the door, looking around. He needed to wait for his crew and Stella to board before he left the room, wanting to make sure that none of those inside tried to get the ship out of the position he had left it in, turning towards the crew of the ship. "Alright lads, I hope you all have good lives. Sorry 'bout the scare. Me and my lads will be on our way soon." He said, tipping his hat towards them, before looking outside the window again, keeping attention on the reflection to make sure none of the crew tried to sneak up on him.

Last edited:
1666493393851.png

1666493485631.png

⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙⚙

Ogdenn toiled away as he rattled off the parts he was removing, contemplating what the ones he didn't recognize were for. He could find where they disconnected easy, but some of this was....advanced. It bewildered and enticed him as his mind devoured the design of this contraption as he encircled it meticulously. He was still getting to know the crew, Their captain most of all. An enigmatic man that wanted to leave this planet behind, it was for the time, all he needed to know. A lofty ambition was something Ogdenn was naturally drawn to; it gave him a chance to earn the experience he needed to survive his missions.

Beads of sweat accumulating at the edges of his goggles before falling, as the ship started to lurch down swiftly. He held tightly to the engine itself, using connector ports as finger holds. "Seems like The Captain is reaching the end phase tick tick. I have the engine nearly disconnected, but we'll need to transport it somehow tick tick" Ogdenn called to Ingenium, starting to crawl up to the thick casing where a ceiling connector still held strong. It was the last one as it creaked and groaned from the shift in direction and sheer weight of this piece of tech. He was glad he slummed it out in those badlands, his fingers got used to clattering against rock and stone. Thick polymer and steel was hardly any different [Grease Monkey].

He pried open the casing with his combination wrench, he had to be careful since the engine was the only thing stopping him from falling from a potentially high place. He didn't take chances with his scrawny physique, so he always prepared beforehand if he could help it. He used the disconnected lines and wrapped them around his waist, using the wrench to grip the ceiling connector [Eureka!]. He waited for Ingenium, and when both of their preparations were met.

He disconnected the engine and sent it sliding down as the ship sunk farther toward the sea.

D Cooldown-0/2
  • Eureka! - Tinkerer D, Engineering F - His brain ignites all of it's neurons and comes up with a new blueprint, invention, or tool for the job - Grade D - 2 Post Cooldown
  • Grease Monkey- Climbing F- Ogdenn uses his nimble hands and body to climb, crawl, and duck into any mechanical malfunction and fix the problem-Grade D-0 Post Cooldown

Zahrah Fiore
Mentions: Zetian LadyOfStars LadyOfStars | Caspian RavenSong RavenSong | Johnny accursedjobber accursedjobber

The thoroughly smoked plushy was able to calm down a bit upon the strategical placement of the guard's hand. Just a tad bit though, as they weren't offered any words of comfort that could deny their fears and predictions of inbound disaster. Still, they tried to stay strong! “Good luck sir!” They told the guard that went to look for the enemies. Followed by a “Yes sir!” to the other guard, who'd proceed to bring them to the main deck. They still weren't quite sure what was going on, but considering their fear of terrorist hadn't been denied, it was probably terrorists! How terrible.

Zahrah was thoroughly confused at the sight they saw when they entered along with the soldier. The handsome Elf was surrounded by soldiers, the beautiful lady was clinging to some pretty man “Is this how people are joining the mile high club?” Zahrah pondered aloud for a moment, before shrugging off that thought. That didn't seem right. “I don't get it!” Zahrah announced to the entire room. “I was supposed to join the Mile High Club and find out how that brings happiness, yet now there's terrorists trying to fill all my cotton with smoke and you're all fighting...”

They'd sound as they felt. Sad en confused. “Can't we all work together to stop the terrorists? I'm sure that terrorists are the biggest threat to happiness in the whole wide world! They might even be trying to do their evil terrorist deeds right as we speak! They nearly smoked me to death, although that's probably also because the mister soldier didn't allow me to run from the smoke and instead forced me to stay in it, but I'm sure he had his reason, I hope, otherwise that was a little mean, anyhow, we should cooperate! Yes, yes!” As they were speaking, they were starting to regain their optimism.

Suddenly, they realised what had to be the truth! “Yes, yes! This must have been a misunderstanding! Right? I'm sure you're all fighting because you just didn't communicate well! Talking solves most things with the least decreases in happiness occurring, so we should all talk things out!” Suddenly, however, they realised the flaw in that plan. “Oh, no, but we can't talk things out right now, because there are terrorists!” They didn't have time for such things.

“Oh, oh! I know, I know!” They had the most brilliant idea. “Working together towards a shared goal is the best way to build friendships! We should all get along and work together to catch the terrorists and stop this ship from crashing! I think we might all die if we crash and dying is definitely not good for happiness, so we should all do all we can to prevent that, right? Let's all work together to stop the mean terrorists and avoid dying, then, if we've got time left, we can talk things through and maybe you can finally tell me how to join the Mile High Club, right? Right! Yes! Let's go bring down the evil terrorists!” Of course, they'd be using [Smooth Talker E] as they were talking to motivate everyone to work together to defeat the evil terrorists, rather than to fight among each-other for no good reason at all.

D-Grade CD (1/2)
E-Grade CD (0/1)
Smooth Talker – Character Grade E, Appraisal E, Empathy E, Insight E, Performance [Acting] F, Persuasion E, Seduction E – Character combines whatever (meta)knowledge they can find out about someone with persuasive, empathic and seductive smooth-talking and acting in an attempt to make others act according to their will. - Grade E – 1 Post Cooldown

Ingenium
Mentions: Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
__mani_of_machine_elona_drawn_by_harusame_rueken__7f209dccfa1aa9d6976fce0377bcab98.jpgWorking with Ogdenn and the mechanic on the engine, Ingenium put his skills to good use. Do to his frail countenance he handled the parts of the engine that needed a more precise touch over strength. He wouldn't be prying off any panels or the like but Ogdenn was good for that. The mechanic with them was understandably nervous but he was kept busy. Now that the Construct was doing the only thing he held any passion for he was in what could almost be considered a good mood. He gave pointers to the others when he happened to take notice of certain aspects of the engines construction they could exploit. Ingenium was surprisingly talkative when before he only gave stunted curt sentences which got to the point and little else. Now he was almost constantly bringing up topics and analysis, talk of "pistons", "combustion chambers", "spark plugs" and the like. It was frankly whiplash compared to the mood of before. That he could speak so animatedly after having just killed tow people only spoke further to his lack of humanity, or rather the difference in perspective.

Ingenium looked up as he he could feel the descent of the ship. He leaned onto his cane and gripped an exposed crank shaft to steady himself. "Affirmative, we now move to transport. I have a method to move it but I would ask that you excuse its primitive application more refined techniques are outside of my purview." Responding to Ogdenn he immediately set to work, already having come to the conclusion of how to move the engine. While it shared similarities with engines used for small commercial ships it was noticeably lighter and missing certain keep components. Ingenium surmised it was because this ship was made to travel through the air and not the water. While he often made note of the backward technological level of the world compared to what was in his archives, such an efficient and streamlined engine that produced the power it did while remaining light and compact was a rather notable achievement. He'd study its construction in earnest later [Innovate and Create].

Before long Ingenium with the help of Ogdenn and the mechanic had constructed a large flat metal dolly from the parts they had on hand. They'd have to push but with the engine on wheels it would be much easier to move. Nodding to Ogdenn for the "go ahead" the engine was disconnected dropped onto the dolly and prepared to transport it to Zekes ship.

• [Innovate and Create]- Artisan(Tinkerer C), Engineering C - Using the full scope of his technical knowledge Ingenium creates a relatively "mundane" item useful to his situation. - Grade C - 3 Post Cooldown

Loke
312B3B06-8D58-426D-8E87-691C415754F3.jpeg

Loke’s intimidation fell flat but Zeke got the situation back under control at least. Overall, the crew were nice enough people and they were fortunate enough to have had a Captain who fought so bravely for them. It was just too bad their Captain had died for them too. He hoped they could remember him fondly. The situation on the main deck was going South fast and they would need to hurry.

Everything came to a standstill when the intercom came to life and another ship was asking if they needed assistance. Zeke seemed prepared for it though and gave off a calm answer and the crew member relayed it perfectly. That was good. Looks like they were still off without a hitch. His barrier had come down off the door during their descent and landing. He held onto the doorframe as the ship came down faster. They really needed to get out to help the others.

“Aye, Captain.” Loke nodded to Zeke. Still, the two of them alone wouldn’t make much a difference and it seemed Zahrah and another guard had joined in the main room. Their best bet now was to wait for the main bulk of the crew so that they could overwhelm the guards with sheer numbers. Right now, it was down to a game of patience.

DIo.png
Johnny Scoville

"Ah, there seems to have been misunderstanding, you see I thought my friend was being assaulted by aggressive aggressors."

Even Johnny could tell how harebrained he sounded trying to backtrack, having to damage his beauty to spin a falsetto narrative of this being a type of bedplay instead of his anticipated dosage of violence for the day. Now having to hold his hands up and try to placate the people he just jumped as a result of jumping the gun, sliding his Dynamo lily back under his coat as Johnny planned on following through the second phase of his smash and run scheme instead of lying still for his execution.

Stopping Johnny gauging his chances of running were Zetain and Zahrah somehow being able to deescalate and escalate the situation, only non complying as the guards approached him backing away in turn while shaking his now empty hands in a not so faked panicked attempt to buy time hoping to exploit the news of unrelated terrorists from that odd child wishing to be apart of a club composed of rich douchebags. "Wait a sec, I completely agree with that pink thing's message and think that this whole misunderstanding should wait until after we all don't have the impending threat of Terrorists"

Once more thankful for his luck that there happened to be a random third party of Terrorists on board at the present as Johnny attempted to wriggle his way out of being cuffed without escalating matters further. "And y'know when you really think about it, it's a testament to my good character and skill that I stepped in to protect my dear friend in the face of overwhelming odds and tested your security, so as a sign of goodwill I'll help take down the terrorists then we can hash this out, you have my word as a licensed adventurer of Ryken."

EF09D4D8-A9C3-41F3-9DD2-5782C2514CF6-2.png

Caspian appeared distraught, it wasn't exactly the most thought out thing, but it would appear that even well spoken words couldn't replace hard earned practiced and recited speech.

The elf sighed, "Very well.." his ears dropping, as he held his hands out, as if expecting to be cuffed. "..it's such a shame I'd get thrown to the brig due to a misunderstanding." Then Zetian would appear to suddenly spur into action, her words certainly moved the elf, and when Lord Honda looked back at him he attempted to smile. "Thank you m'lord. You are truly the most merciful!"

1670782261924-png.1047689
Mentions: Caspian RavenSong RavenSong | Johnny accursedjobber accursedjobber | Zeke NeramoDJI NeramoDJI | Loke NebulaBlossom NebulaBlossom | Ingenium EMIYAman EMIYAman | Ogdenn Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid

OOC: Sadly enough, Luna's gone and neither me nor Neramo were too eager to narrate, yet we both wanted to wrap this up properly, so I'll do my best to make it work~(If you'll let me, shoot me a message if you want to take this on instead.) Let's try to drive this thing home in a few rounds! I'd prefer to have shorter rounds so we can end it within the next two weeks. Would a 48 hour schedule be too much to ask of people?

Zahrah's rambling wasn't really taken serious. Even with their smooth talking, they still looked like a kid who'd been inhaling a bit too much smoke at the moment. However, the smooth talk did manage to draw the attention of the guards for long enough. Combined with Zetian and Johnny buying some time with their actions and Caspian no longer escalating things, the situation didn't end up in a brawl just yet. The tension could be cut with a butter-knife though.

As if they timed it on purpose, Ogdenn and Ingenium had managed to take out most of the engine around the same time as Loke and Zeke announced they'd land she ship in the water. There just one tiny detail that did not go completely as planned... the engine's ship was more vital to its ability to stay flying than expected. After all, without wings or masts, it didn't have much to glide down with. Only its back-end, normally used for steering, was sort-off able to keep the ship a little controllable. The latter wasn't enough for it to head towards the water at an uncomfortably quick pace.

The entire ship was now going downwards at a sharp angle. It looks like it'd also hit the water pretty roughly, although considering it was still a ship, even reinforced with steel, it'd probably hold and hopefully float? Either way, everyone on the ship would feel this was going down fast. Literally.

The guards struggled to secure lord Honda, getting him further away from Caspian and Johnny and towards a room in the back, which was like one of the more crash-resistant parts of the ship. Guests were panicking, running around to find things to hold onto for dear life. Zetian had been unfortunate, or perhaps fortunate, enough to be dragged along by the guards towards the same room as they'd taken lord Honda.

Ogdenn and Ingenium would have to do whatever they could to secure the engine, so that it wouldn't get damaged as the ship was coursing straight towards the water or when it'd make its impact soon. Considering they were working with gravity already going against them and the ship at a sharp downwards angle, it'd be a tough one.

Caspian and Johnny would be able to try to leave the guards behind and make it to another part of the ship, from where they'd hopefully be able to get to Zeke's crew before they'd be attacked for their earlier actions. In the meantime, they had panicked folks to dodge in an attempt not to be trampled amidst the chaos or fall down due to the

Zeke and Loke would see all sorts of fun buttons flesh red and more red and the reddest of red on the control panel. Perhaps pushing some buttons would turn on some emergency stuff? They didn't know. The crew didn't seem to know either, as their fear of Loke and Zeke was now forgotten and replaced by the fear of being in the front of the ship when it'd hit the water. They scrambled to get further to the back of the ship, away form the zone that'd soon face the first impact. Perhaps it'd be a good idea for Loke and Zeke to attempt the same thing.

Meanwhile, Zahrah was panicking. “The terrorists! They got us! What do we do? What do we do!” They said, as the fell over and crashed against a wall.

Zeke's crew, guided by Stella, would see the ship incoming. That said, at this point, they were starting to wonder if that quick descent was all part of the plan or not...

Ingenium
Mentions: Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid Elvario Elvario
__mani_of_machine_elona_drawn_by_harusame_rueken__7f209dccfa1aa9d6976fce0377bcab98.jpgLoading the engine upon the dolly they could now transport the engines large weight onto Zeke ship. They had fasted it as best they could but they were primarily relying on the weight of the engine to keep it affixed. Ingenium stepped back and appraised their work; for the material they had on hand it would do. The Construct eyed the mechanic who had worked with them. The young man still looked fearful but Ingenium could see something else in his eyes. A passion for his craft. It was faint but it was something Ingenium could relate to, it was the very same spark that guided his every action after all. It was the reason he liked humans. "Preparations for transport are complete. Once the ship has fully descended m-" The center of gravity shifted; the ship lurched. The controlled descent was slipping further into an angle. Ingenium just managed to keep his footing but the engine, now on wheels began to move.

His mind processed the engines rate of acceleration almost out of instinct. At the speed it would be going it could be damaged perhaps even irrevocably. "Stop it!" The Construct spoke quickly and loudly. His voice remained monotone but there was a feeling of urgency in it. While he had said to stop it the fact of the matter was there was little he himself could do to slow it down, short of grabbing it. But he knew with the weight of the engine and his weak constitution, he simply didn't have the output to do so. His next act was questionable even after he ran the numbers. He pulled his shotgun out and aimed ahead of the moving engine. His plan was to use the force of his gun explosive shots to slow the engines momentum. Ingenium knew his capabilities as a marksman, he knew the total area the explosive shot traveled, he even knew their angle as the ship came down. The outcome was simply math. He could only hope for no variables to present themselves. Taking just enough time to steady his aim, he fired. The recoil from the gun stumbling him.

• [Machina Lo Vult]- Lucky F, Magic E, [Explosive] Affinity E, Magic Area of Effect F, Magic Range F - Ingenium loads a magic shell charged with a portion of his divine power and shoots an explosive blast which seems to never miss. Travels 10ft and the explosion spreads in a 10ft radius. - Grade E - 1 Post Cooldown

1670782261924-png.1047689
Mentions: Caspian RavenSong RavenSong | Johnny accursedjobber accursedjobber | Zeke NeramoDJI NeramoDJI | Loke NebulaBlossom NebulaBlossom | Ingenium EMIYAman EMIYAman | Ogdenn Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid

The impact was felt through-out the entire vessel. The moment the ship's nose hit the water, a big shock rippled through every room and deck, sending people tumbling, closets falling and windows shattering. Those that hadn't found a way to hold-on to something or brace for impact would be flung around like a crash dummy, with more than a few people, guards and commoners alike, hearing bones snap and seeing the colour of their own blood drip along their eyes.

If things were to have stopped there, it would have been a mercy. Yet it didn't stop there. A loud cracking noise could be heard going through all decks across the ship. It was as if the vessel itself was crying out in great agony. Then it happened, the planks in the centre of the ship snapped in half. The impact had damaged the hull severely enough for the ship to no longer remain in one peace. The lucky few that hadn't lost life or consciousness during the impact with the water could only scream in panic and terror as they soon realised the ship was bound to sink.

Some people managed to make it to the emergency boats, a few even brave and able enough to drag along those less fortunate. A few of the guards, perhaps hoping to make a break-through move, even managed to guide lord Honda to one such boat. Most of the people, however, could only try to climb atop the ship's front deck and back deck, hoping that those would somehow stay afloat for long enough for someone to come save them.

Those saviours were near. At least for some of the group. Zeke's crew could only watch in confusion as the ship kept setting its direct course towards the water. Then that confusion turned into horror as they saw the entire thing crash into water. Whether it was luck or wisdom (it's luck), somehow Ingenium's act had managed to make the engine withstand the worst of the impact. Whatever damage it had maintained (along with the damage to Ingenium himself, as he'd risked his own safety to act), could likely be tinkered out later. It was unclear if the engine would ever perform at peak performance again, but his tinkering eye showed that he should at least be able to make it perform again. If he were to get it off the ship...

xj2obh1SSbqZ2fynizJ-cGAnpJtSzMo1dAXJWdgPont0v3dKlPXO38K53kNqso9n196zb1wMHxj0FRZdqszNPQHRlxmswIql5a5_iPOH6km1Sr06IlTntRTOJGZYjOtiBdHTvkfj

The little dragon was the first one at the scene. After, how could she not be? She was in an all-out panic, as she called out. “ZEKE?!? She repeated it multiple times, over and over, hoping to see her captain before he'd be dragged down with the sinking ship. Eventually, she spotted something bright pink, which, to her relief, was Loke's hair. Zeke wasn't far from him. “They're here!” She called out, as the Crooked Bladesmen set out in one of the most exciting missions in a long while. Navigating the sinking ship's remnants, trying to hit panicking passengers back into the water (as their lifeboat didn't have too much room for extras) and doing their best to follow to wherever Stella was leading them, they eventually managed to make it to their captain.

Next, however, was the one thing that might make this entire endeavour worth it. Ingenium, with his body broken and dented and barely functioning, emerged. Somehow dragging along the engine with the last of his strength. The engine nearly made their boat sink, but how could they not return what their captain had risked his life for? He'd probably drag them along the keel for such a thing. With the engine and whatever member of Zeke's crew they found gathered up, thanks to Stella scouring the place as thoroughly as she could, they eventually were forced to retreat. The sinking ship was starting to drag things down with it and it might not be long before the authorities would come to investigate. Both were things they wouldn't want to deal with.

Two people were definitely missing. Zetian was nowhere to be found. Had she been brought along with lord Honda? Was she sinking along with the ship? They didn't know. The other one was the pink 'girl' they'd picked up just before boarding the ship. The Crooked Bladesmen didn't even know of her existence and the on-board crew was in no state to debate the fate of a relative stranger.

The End

Asset: – Broken Airship Engine. - The engine of a modern Eastern Empire Airship. It will need a bit tinkering for it to properly function again, but nothing that the Red Iron God won't be able to handle.

I'd normally spent some time to come up with titles for all the character, but they're likely to get criminal ones, which would override any other titles I could give them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back