• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Yu Yu Hakusho l One x One RP

Yoko

Yoko cupped his chin wondering if those hunters are the same ones who hunted him down for his crimes. He escaped to the human world and took over Shiori’s unborn baby’s soul resulting in Suichi being born. It wasn’t until the Dark Tournament where he was able to use his purest form thanks to that Idun box. “ A fair warning, I doubt that Koenma will remain ignorant of your existence for long. Though I suspect he’ll likely send us on a mission to investigate and take them down.” Sora would see Yoko is intrigued by fighting again. It’s no secret that he’s famous for being the spirit fox bandit. He was surprised she didn’t know who he was. To be fair, she lived in the human world; it would make sense for her not to know the tales of his heists with Kuronue.

Sora

Her blue eyes stared at Yoko for a moment. "I'm not going be shocked if he does." It's just a matter of time before Koenma does something. "Your that fox that went around stealing items. I'm right?" She asked as she went back to making the tea. "I would like it if you and Yusuke can help me." She finally asked with a smile. She knew what Yusuke was she been wanted to ask him for help for a while. But she wasn't sure how to ask him she did not want to get on Yusuke's badside also.

Yoko chuckled, then scoffed, unsure if he should be offended by being referred to as a simple fox. “ I’m that fox that went around stealing items.” His last heist was stealing something important to Spirit World. He smirks knowing Yusuke would complain about Koenma never giving him a break. In Yusuke’s words he felt like the baby prince treats him more like a slave driver than the spirit detective. “ I think it will take a lot of convincing for Hiei to join.” He doesn’t stay in one place at one and he made himself clear he won’t be joining them unless forced to do so.

Sora

She blushed she did not mean it in a rude thing. "Sorry, I did not mean to upset you!" She was used to saying things when she was nervous. She finished with the tea and she handed the cup over to Yoko. "I see, Hiei is that other demon with the third eye right?" She asked if she haven't met him but she heard stories about him. She wasn't sure what Koenma had planned for her. Why would they be searching for her anyway? not like she is in real danger or anything. She hasn't come to across any hunters until they're hiding from her waiting for the right time.

Yusuke

"What do you mean I have to search for a missing Princess?! Botan! I'm--"
Yusuke wasn't happy with this mission why him!? He wasn't a prince! "Have Koenma fine her. He a prince!" Botan sighed at Yusuke. "You ready met her also." She explained he had? "I did? Who is this princess then?" He was clueless. "Sora she the mermaid princess," Boten explained as Yusuke can't believe this! She was under his nose the whole time! "Let Kurama watch her! He's with her right now." Yusuke frowned

Yoko stared at his cup, which is herbal tea his favorite to drink after a long day. “ Yes, that's Hiei, he's a bit antisocial like I said. It may take a bit for him to be convinced to join this mission.” He stared at the girl with those cold eyes of his. Taking sips of his tea to think the lost mermaid princess is right in front of its sort of a plot twist. “ What is the pearl exactly?” He frowns wondering how much it's worth if he were to lift off her hands.

Koenma of had informants on standby in the human world. They were the bridge of gathering intel to him who remained in Spirit World. His last call with them the hunters are waiting and planning their next move. “ Yusuke, really I didn’t know you were this much of a whiny brat.” The young prince was not amused with his complaining; he was normally tolerant of the boy’s attitude but not today. “ Why did I hire you in the first place if I’m supposed to do the work for you? I would go myself but I’m busy. I have gotten intelligence that these hunters are after the pearl in her possession. The princess is able to control her powers and human form when she’s in the human world. If that pearl fell into their hands imagine the disasters it would cause.” He frowned at Yusuke; it would probably mean that the marine life would suffer as a result. He saw Tsunamis hitting Japan or other horrific disasters.

Sora

"My pearl? It controls my powers. It also controls the sea. It's also giving me my human form."
She explained before staring at him then she transformed back into her human form in her underwear also. She blushed before turning around. "Stupid pearl and timing also." She hated when she transforms into her mermaid form it's don't transform her back with her clothes on. "Excuse me.. I need to get some clothes." She ran out of the kitchen to her bedroom she grabs some clothes as she got dressed. Does she wonder why he wanted to know about her pearl? He wasn't after her pearl was he? She gripped the shell pendant.

Yusuke

"Damn it Sora, Why can you be a normal person!"
He sighed why him he glared at Koenma for a moment. "Fine whatever, I'll play prince to the princess!" He wasn't the prince type Kurama was more of a prince type than he was. Does he wonder why she did not tell him while they were out tonight? Maybe she did not trust him or she did not want to tell him. "I'll get hold of Kuwabara tomorrow morning about this." He wasn't sure about Hiei he had other things to deal with it. Maybe he can have Sora come with them to Genkai's temple tomorrow also.

The next day

Kurama went to Genkai’s place with Sora in tow tomorrow afternoon. Hiei was there with a soured expression; he needed a bit of bribing to convince him if the mission was worth his while and not a drag. He didn’t see how the human world had anything to do with him. Koenma explained the pearl could also be problematic for Makai and Koenma threw on the table he would lower Hiei’s prison sentence for his crimes as a compromise if he accepted.

Hiei begrudgingly agreed though only accepting because it comes with a reduced sentence though he doubts those hunters would be worth a fight. “ How are you doing after the Dark Tournament?” He looked at Genkai. She seemed stronger but it was only fair to ask of her well being anyway.

Last edited:
Sora & Yusuke

As she told her boss she'll be late she had something to do. Lucky her boss was a nice person she heads to the temple with Kurama. She stared at everyone with a frown on her face. "Why did you tell me!?" Yusuke wasn't happy that Sora hid this from him. "Back off, Urameshi! Maybe she had her reasons!" Kuwabara snapped at him. "I did have my reasons." She frowned. Yusuke stared at Sora for a moment. "Whatever!" He still wasn't happy with this mission to protect a princess from a group of hunters. Genkai stared at Hiei. "I'm fine, I been better. And Shut up Yusuke." Genkai did not like it when Yusuke was complaning. "I can leave.. I--" Kuwabara cut her off. "Don't leave, Sora. Yusuke is like this." He explained.

Last edited:
Kurama understood her reasons and he gave her a reassuring smile. Then his smile faded into a serious and business expression. “ I know Koenma would be briefing us on our mission through this VHS tape.” It’s encrypted and only those who possess high spiritual awareness can see the message. It lessens the risk of any vital information being leaked to the wrong people. He stared at his wristwatch and it was time for Koenma to give the briefing. He popped the VHS into the VCR and waited.

Hiei stared at the television wanting to get this mission over with annoyance. He has to fight again it hasn’t been that long since he participated in the Dark Tournament. He agreed to get his sentence lowered but he wasn’t keen on fighting those hunters who are after Sora. They sound like small fry at least to him. “ As long as we finish it quickly, the faster I leave.” He smirks though annoyed by this all over protecting some girl who is a princess.

As if on cue, the television turned on first the screen was staticy, then Koenma’s face materialized. “ I won’t bore you with hellos, I'll jump right into the briefing. Hunters are in pursuit of Sora’s pearl. I know I gave a tiny bit of information about what it would do if it fell into their hands. I got more information this morning that hunters are humans with powers but not only that they are allied with demons. I’m talking about high class demons.” He stared, perhaps that would end Yusuke’s complaining and settle Hiei’s doubts.

Oh?” Hiei smirked, it would be interesting now, he wanted an exercise. “ Heh this may be worthwhile after all. When do we leave?” He frowns at the baby prince.

Would two days be enough for you to prepare?” He tidied up his papers. He knows Hiei would want to be rewarded in the form of his sentence being reduced.

Sora and Yusuke

Sora stared at the screen on the television as Koenma explained to them about the hunters she gripped her pendant. Great they teamed up with the demons this was great she frowned. When Koenma said two days before they leave this will give Yusuke some time to get stronger than before. Sora stood there for a moment as Yusuke smirked at Koenma's mission maybe this wasn't half bad now there are more demons than humans. "Perfect, I can use a work out" He explained as Kuwabara smirked also. Yusuke stared at Sora for a moment. "Do you know anything about those hunters?" He asked. "Not much, All I know is they destroyed the North Sea Kingdom." She explained she figure they had water demons at work also. "I hate to say this. But can you show us your pearl power?" Yusuke asked he wasn't sure if that will lead the enemies to them or not.

She nodded her head as open her shell pendant and then pulled out the blue pearl. As its glow is transformed into a large bubble wand with the pearl in the middle of it. She created small bubbles from the wand as she pointed it at the small pond. She created small waves. "I can create larger ones. But I'm not going flood out the temple." She explained. "What is this a water trick?" Yusuke stared at Sora then she blushed. "I'm not going show you my full power Yusuke." She frowned at him. "You can control water and seawater?" Kuwabara asked. "Yes, I can." She explained.

Hiei stared at Kurama who met his gaze. Hiei isn’t happy about going in this blind just to protect some princess who he knew as a royalty yesterday. “ This better be worth it or there’s going to hell to pay.” Hiei mumbles. He didn’t see a reason for him to stay more than needed. He looked at them curtly. “ I guess I’ll see you all in two days.” If Spirit World can’t give them any decent information maybe his Jagan eye can. He left without another word.

Kurama looked at Koenma. “ Do you know anything else about those hunters? Like their hideout or what not? ” He frowns, Spirit World would have a large network of intel he doubts Koenma doesn’t know. He whole hearty agrees with Hiei in not wanting to rush into this headfirst though he’s stronger after his battles during his time at the Dark Tournament.

Koenma sighs,” As far as I know they run a nightclub on the surface as a cover against the authority of Spirit world, no humans would think it’s an organization just a normal nightclub. They have secret meetings in different locations in Japan.” They would have to think of ways to infiltrate.

Last edited:
Sora & Yusuke

"A nightclub?"
Yusuke hasn't been to those in a while. There were many nightclubs here in the city they can be anywhere! "We can't check every nightclub in the city. It'll take us forever!" Yusuke frowned. Kuwabara stared at Sora for a moment. "Do you have a clue?" He asked. As Sora shakes her head with a frown. "I don't, I don't go out to those things." She figures as much

"Sorry to break up this meeting. I have to go now. Or I'm going to be late" She explained as Yusuke stared at her. "Where do you work?" He asked. "I work an inn/Traven" She explained. "It's a hot spring inn." As she takes her to leave as she heads back into town. "I hope she is alright on her own." Yusuke was worried about her now as she thought about Kiku the girl from last night.

"Maybe we can ask that girl Kiku. I figure she wasn't human her energy is different." Yusuke explained.

Kurama nods. “ Maybe you can ask her on your next match with her.” He nods he’ll be training the two days between his schooling of course. By then the meeting was over. The television turned into static and Kurama shook his head. “ I’ll see you in two days Yusuke.” He turned around and walked off waving. He had his own preparations to make in a short amount of time. He had his own strategies to think of and all were depending how things went. It would be dangerous since when things are not dangerous he chuckled to himself. He kept on going until he found a good and out of sight place to start his own training regiment.

Sora

She started her shift at the inn late she had to clean the guest rooms for the next two hours. She loves her job but sometimes she wonders if her boss is just jealous of her or something. She giggled at the thought of that after she was finished she went to the kitchen to cook some orders for guests. She wasn't sure what the two days were going being she told her boss she was going to take a week's vacation starting in two days anyway. She sighed her memories about Yoko what happen last night why did the fox demon talk to her for? "He was cute for a fox demon" She muttered to herself then smiled.

Two days later…

Two days have passed and Kiku captured one of the hunters who had done business with her. She used a truth serum on him and the hunter said the nightclub is closing for the night for the meeting. Kiku assured the boys the hunter won’t remember a thing from the side effects of the drug. Kiku wished to join the boys on this mission, loving the idea of fighting. She had prepared herself for the battles and the infiltration two days prior to capturing her customer. She had met the boys and Sora at Yusuke’s apartment. Fortunately for them, his mother was out probably to spend time with her drunk friends.

Sora & Yusuke

Upon arriving at Yusuke's apartment. "It smells in here!" She hated the scent of booze as Yusuke rolled his eyes at Sora. "I can't help it!" He sat down on the couch his mother was out with her friends. "You're saying that nightclub is close for tonight?" He asked deeply Sora wasn't sure what would happen if they have gone to the club. She wasn't useless in fights she did not want anyone getting hurt because of her. "We can go and attack that place then!" Yusuke wanted to rush in and start a fight with those people. Sora stared at Yusuke then sighed. "We should plan first, Yusuke before we get killed!" Sora frowned at him.

Kiku sighed, shaking her head. “ I said the nightclub will be closed tonight at least that’s what the hunter said.” Was Yusuke even paying attention? She won’t tell. Though Sora is right they need to plan because rushing into battle is suicide. She sighed and waited to hear what the others would say.

Kurama cupped his chin. “ A meeting is happening so there are guards. I have an idea on the top of my head” He smirked, or at least Yoko did. “ I knock them out with my plants through a drug.” He said. It would be the size of a needle that was coated with the drug and his youki.

Sora & Yusuke

She stared at Kurama she did not know he can control plant life which was interesting. "That would work." At least someone had a plan until Yusuke who not thinking or listening. "For now, I'll stay outside the club. I have no problem protecting myself also." She said as Kuwabara stared at Sora. "Are you sure?" He asked. "Yeah, I can take care of myself" She smirked at Kuwabara. "At least the princess can kick someone's ass!" Yusuke is like this already. "We'll go with Kurama's plan, We'll take it from there," Yusuke said with a small smile.

-infiltration begins-

Kiku

The plan was set in motion and the gang set off to the nightclub when the time had come for them to leave. The first thing Kiku noticed was the wisteria tree in the courtyard so it was one of those fancy clubs. Though seeing the wisteria tree made her uneasy, every part of the plant is toxic to humans and animals. But Kiku’s unease came from with enough youki it becomes a torture device for demons. It burns the flesh rather than outright killing them. She shook her head trying to keep the darkness from her mind.

Kurama
Kurama noticed Kiku’s unease he would ask if she’s okay later. But turned his head and flicked the laced needles into guards' necks and he watched as they dropped onto the ground like house flies. He made his way inside first, keeping an eye on everything. The guards will be unconscious for several hours anyway.

Sora

She stood outside the club as she watches the group goes inside the club to take action. She felt unease for some reason Yusuke give her a compact to contact them if anything happens. Kuwabara decided to stay with Sora to protect her he knew Yusuke and others can take care of this. "You don't have to stay with me. You can go help them." She stared at Kuwabara with a small frown. "I don't like leaving you by yourself Sora. Besides, I'm not the type that leaves a lady by herself." He smiled at her. Sora blushed then sighed.

Yusuke

As Kurama put his plan into action he followed down the hallway looking for the meeting. There were a lot of rooms here he knew Kuwabara will protect Sora he wasn't worried about that. He gives Sora a compact in case anything happens to her. He picks up the spirit energy as he found the room he opens the door. "Okay, party over! Let's do our prayer and go home now" He said the people were dressed in cloaks.

Kiku & Kurama & Hiei

Kiku can’t sense anything off in the club, she was not able to pick up traps she closed her eyes looking for hidden ones. Still there’s an uneasy feeling in the pit of her stomach. She had her poisonous plants ready and she can tell Kurama is too. Although the red haired boy is a mystery. The girl had laid her own traps anyway.

Kurama looked around as he was at Yusuke’s heels; the air smelled heavily of incense and a subtle hint of perfume. He was prepared for his own fights sensing the tension. Kurama could count how many they were in the meeting but plenty for a fight.

Hiei was just getting into the fight, his hands going to his sword. He can only think this would make a good workout.

Sora

Sudden a pair of hands grabs Sora from the darkness. "Kuw-HMM" She can't shout out his name Sora was taken as Kuwabara pick up the energy that had taken Sora lucky he a compact also. "Yusuke! Sora was just kidnapped by one of them! I'm chasing them." As Kuwabara ran after the cloaked figure summoning his Spirit Sword to his hands. "Hey, ugly let her go!" Kuwabara shouted at him. As Cloaked figure jumped onto the buildings heading to the beach. Sora was trying to get out of the grip of this hunter. "Let me go!" She bit his hand the cloaked figure smacked Sora in the face knocking her out. "Little witch!" The figure wasn't happy.

Yusuke

Started fighting some of the cloaked figures. He used his spirit gun on one of the cloaked figures knew he works for Koenma he wasn't happy about it until Kuwabara called him. "WHAT?! Kuwabara just foll--" One of the cloaked figures came at Yusuke he glared at the figure before kicking them where the sun doesn't shrine. "Damn it! One of them got hold of Sora." He explained to the group.

Kurama left without another word, sensing Kiku had set her trap anyway. It would seem a gruesome way to go to normal humans but living long as Yoko cruelty was often as necessary on the battlefield. He appeared behind the cloaked figure, his rose whip on hand. “ Drop her..” Kurama’s green eyes had bits of gold no one would be stupid enough to cross the legendary spirit fox, Yoko Kurama.

Indeed Kiku had set her trap in the form of her hydra plant whose mouths had several rows of sharp teeth. It had approximately grown to the length of the ceiling in only two days. “ You bastards have chosen wrong! Go after them!” Kiku sent the hydra after the hunters and they would be devoured slowly and painfully. She was worried for Sora; she didn’t want her to suffer.

Kiku appears with her hydras if the fool tries anything she’s ready, so is Hiei apparently. She was shocked to see Yoko Kurama.

Sora & Yusuke

Before the figure can pick up the princess. The figure felt demonic energy his eyes widened at the fox demon before him. "I-I thought you died!" He did not think Yoko was still alive!. Kuwabara caught up with Sora and notices Kurama. "That was fast." He forgot that Kurama wasn't human. "No way I'm dropping this princess." He held Sora by her hair. "If you're not going to let her go, I'll kill you!" Kuwabara gripped his spirit sword. "Your weak human with spirit energy," The figure taunted Kuwabara. When the figure notices the hydras in fear he threw Sora at the hydra. "Damn it!" Kuwabara did not want those plants eating her!

Yusuke fired his spirit gun at the figure hitting him in the back. "The leader wasn't in the meeting. I'm guessing he has gotten away or hiding somewhere else." He explained with a frown on his face. He caught Sora from being plant food.

Kurama quickly caught her before the hydras would fix their attention on Sora. He walked away with Sora carrying her bridal style, noticing those plants weren’t even following him. It’s as if they sensed his demon aura. He’ll take her back to her apartment, sensing Hiei’s disappointment. “ I assume you heard the stories of my apparent death, they are incorrect. I am alive.” He explained. Sora seems fine just unconscious.

Kiku was still a bit shaken up, mostly surprised that Yoko is alive. She directed her hydra towards their leader who will be their food and their appetite should be sated for a little while. Her eyes went to the wisteria tree as it brought up painful memories of her past. “ I guess I’ll see you boys later.” She walked into the shadows going home for the night.

Then Hiei disappears, disappointed at how the fight went against those weak fools.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back