• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Yu-Gi-Oh! Dueling Legacy OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Yep. In the meantime, gives me some time to look at possible cards to later add onto the deck, as part of the fun of duel monsters is collecting and adjusting.

Heh, I did a lot of fine tuning to Kaguya's deck before I put her CS up for this, I can tell you that. All it really was, in the end, was discovering and adding monsters to her deck on account of removing a few other cards as well. It still works nicely in practice, though.

Same here. Isaac's deck tends to stay the same through a lot of rp's, though as long as it's permissible, it will be fine tuned. It's good for getting the heavy hitters out rather quickly and protecting them, but like with any deck, some things can just shut it down.

I mean, Kaguya's deck takes a lot of setups and card combos to get the optimal field. Thankfully, there's plenty of windows and methods to get those cards on hand, as well as plenty of ways to build said field up. It's got plenty of shut down options of it's own, but even then, even that deck has weak points.

Yours as well. I am eager to see how this Spellcaster deck of yours handles. Perhaps we could find out later if nothing happens.

Sounds good. I've had pretty good luck with it in my runs with friends. It's far from the 'perfect' deck, but nothing ever is.

It is my belief perfect does not exist. I have had good hands, bad hands, bricks and miraculous starts, you name it.

One thing I should probably ask; how are we going to determine draws? Are we to randomly shuffle or just pick and choose?

I'm not sure if they had anything planned, but I tend to just pick and choose my draws. I've no means to actively shuffle a proxy deck or a real deck, as I lack all the cards I'd need. With that said...

Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 Did you have a means of how you wanted people to do drawing and duels, or just however works for both parties?

Writing my post now, but I was just planning on just using Duelbook || Dueling Nexus or a random name picker.
Although I was meaning to ask if it'd be acceptable to use these methods if the other party agrees to an actual duel.
I think it would give you your starting hand, and the winner of the actual duel will just win the duel in the rp.
Although, the random name picker works too albeit a bit more tedious though since you'd have to constantly
edit the list of available cards.

I'm not sure if they had anything planned, but I tend to just pick and choose my draws. I've no means to actively shuffle a proxy deck or a real deck, as I lack all the cards I'd need. With that said...

Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 Did you have a means of how you wanted people to do drawing and duels, or just however works for both parties?
Just pick and choose. Also, I'm thinking for Action Duels, we do a die roll to determine of a character manages to get a action card or not. I'm thinking 65% of the time they get one,

Writing my post now, but I was just planning on just using Duelbook || Dueling Nexus or a random name picker.
Although I was meaning to ask if it'd be acceptable to use these methods if the other party agrees to an actual duel.
I think it would give you your starting hand, and the winner of the actual duel will just win the duel in the rp.
Although, the random name picker works too albeit a bit more tedious though since you'd have to constantly
edit the list of available cards.
I'm sadly unable to use an online duel simulator.
But if you feel the need to use one go ahead. Just be sure to post the duel itself in the RP after.

Pick and choose works, got it. I'll actually have to do a little more reading on action duels today, make sure i have a firm grasp of the concepts, mostly the action cards.

Pick and choose works, got it. I'll actually have to do a little more reading on action duels today, make sure i have a firm grasp of the concepts, mostly the action cards.
Well, we can just do a normal duel if you wish.

Ryuko Doesn't really have the money to enter the stadium tournament.

But if you feel the need to use one go ahead. Just be sure to post the duel itself in the RP after.
You mean like... the replay?

That'd be possible with Duelling Book only... Ooor you mean the entire duel in text format? If it's the latter, that may take some time...

That sucks. I know that if you have a smartphone you can Duel on Dueling Nexus although it may be difficult
to click some of the buttons ^u^'.

Yea, isaac never has had the funds to enter a tournament either, humble starts and all. A normal duel would probably work best, at least until I'm certain of the concept of an action duel.
Of course.

And Ryuko just did a Magical Girl trope if I'm not mistaken.

Crashes into a boy on their first meeting.

Honestly, I'm down with just randomising the entire thing beforehand and keeping a note of it. Each time you need to shuffle, dump the whole list in the randomizer and let it do its thing. IDK.

Maybe you should try doing collabs for duels.
Like creating a google doc and let the people dueling
roleplay there and then someone just post the entire thing in the main thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back