Other Your worst Mary-Sue ocs?

Sadly, I don't have many of my older writing samples, since my former computer broke; but I just happened to find this little gem:

Tara couldn't believe her eyes. Right in front of her, Sam, her friend of two years, was broken in half in the most brutal of ways. She backed up, tears starting to come to her eyes. Her parents, and siblings, had already been killed, and now her closest friend from the orphanage was next....and soon, she would join that list as well. The man turned towards her, his leather gloves now bloodsoaked, and started to choke her out. Tara felt pain....but this was soon overwhelmed by rage, and an utter disgust. How dare this man think he had the right to kill her. If she had survived for this long, and faced all odds, then she was NOT going to let it all end because of a stupid, psychotic gardener!

"Let...go...of me!" she screamed, pushing her hands into his chest. Now, if any normal human had tried this, then the man would have just laughed and killed them in another few seconds. However, Tara was no normal human. A powerful burst of augmented wind flowed from her palms, and burst straight through the man's chest. He coughed blood, sullying Tara's golden blond hair, and then fell down before her. A breath of relief came out of Tara's mouth...then, the gravity of her situation came crushing down on her all at once. Not only had her close friend been murdered right in front of her, but she had become exactly like the man who committed the act. She had taken a human life, and suddenly, the orphanage caretaker's words seemed to ring true. She leaned heavily against a tree, tears falling down her blood-soaked cheeks. "God, I am a monster...is that why I am still alive? Am I to be the vessel of all destruction?"
Depending on how young you were, your actual writing wasn’t too bad??
But man, that whole thing made me laugh too hard for some reason. Our old Mary Sue-ish characters sure can be entertaining

Depending on how young you were, your actual writing wasn’t too bad??
But man, that whole thing made me laugh too hard for some reason. Our old Mary Sue-ish characters sure can be entertaining
Just checked the year on my original post, apparently I was 9 years old. Still kinda embarrassing for me, but you're right. Sometimes its just fun to look back and laugh at our atrocious writing attempts. :,D

Just checked the year on my original post, apparently I was 9 years old. Still kinda embarrassing for me, but you're right. Sometimes its just fun to look back and laugh at our atrocious writing attempts. :,D
Wow! That’s actually really impressive tbh. I think you were quite a decent writer for your age. Obviously as you’ve grown, you’ve realized the issues with your old writing (as we all do lol), but for your age that was pretty amazing.

Taraninja, I will admit I giggled while reading that whole thing, but writing that at age 9, that's actually pretty impressive. I think I *kind of* wrote that well at that age myself, and I knew a girl my age who wrote better than I did in some ways. To be honest, I think it's pretty impressive.

Your character should meet up with Sara the Elf one day. XD

Wow! That’s actually really impressive tbh. I think you were quite a decent writer for your age. Obviously as you’ve grown, you’ve realized the issues with your old writing (as we all do lol), but for your age that was pretty amazing.
Taraninja, I will admit I giggled while reading that whole thing, but writing that at age 9, that's actually pretty impressive. I think I *kind of* wrote that well at that age myself, and I knew a girl my age who wrote better than I did in some ways. To be honest, I think it's pretty impressive.

Your character should meet up with Sara the Elf one day. XD
Thank you both for those comments! I've certainly realized the issues with my old writing and improved, but I'm glad that I didn't fail too badly considering my past age.

I would be fine with Tara meeting other characters, maybe that would open her up to development.

I wonder how character creation would go.

"Mary-Sue characters only, must have no personality flaws, only contrived "weaknesses" based on social rejection/ domestic abuse/ tragic and innocent backstory allowed. Please provide RP sample of your character failing to save the world because evil/ jealous twin sibling caused interference, yet still died nobly in the end to save your character's life in realization that your character was right all along and all peoples of the world ought to be able to get along after all. Ordinary people must be exceedingly beautiful and attractive to the point of altering other characters' sexual orientation. Only princes/ princesses or underdogs allowed."

I wonder how character creation would go.

"Mary-Sue characters only, must have no personality flaws, only contrived "weaknesses" based on social rejection/ domestic abuse/ tragic and innocent backstory allowed. Please provide RP sample of your character failing to save the world because evil/ jealous twin sibling caused interference, yet still died nobly in the end to save your character's life in realization that your character was right all along and all peoples of the world ought to be able to get along after all. Only princes/ princesses or underdogs allowed."
Tbh I'd be down for a group RP like this lol
Something that's intentionally bad; more like a parody than anything, where everyone gets to screw around and have fun making their characters as stupid as possible.
The problem is that it could get really chaotic... but I can't decide if that would ruin it or make it better

Well tbh I am very cringy so I had a lot of these "Mary Sue OCs" so my worst one was probably a 16 year old named sofia that I made when I was about 11 she has mind related powers and I made her go through lots of stuff like corrupted by demons, being stabbed, etc. so I could be the center of attention in the rp I put her in. Now I have flashbacks of her that make me cringe so hard lol

Well tbh I am very cringy so I had a lot of these "Mary Sue OCs" so my worst one was probably a 16 year old named sofia that I made when I was about 11 she has mind related powers and I made her go through lots of stuff like corrupted by demons, being stabbed, etc. so I could be the center of attention in the rp I put her in. Now I have flashbacks of her that make me cringe so hard lol
"mind related powers" "Now I have flashbacks" I don't know why, but that made me laugh.

Tbh I'd be down for a group RP like this lol
Something that's intentionally bad; more like a parody than anything, where everyone gets to screw around and have fun making their characters as stupid as possible.
The problem is that it could get really chaotic... but I can't decide if that would ruin it or make it better
.....okay, give me a few minutes. Hold on.
Oh god are we really doing this?

Haha, or at least a starter/ opening.

I've never made an RP on this site, and I'm a little more used to 1v1 and/ or winging it. @_@

For some reason I was thinking of either a fantasy or school setting.

Moving convo, sorry.

Haha, or at least a starter/ opening.

I've never made an RP on this site, and I'm a little more used to 1v1 and/ or winging it. @_@

For some reason I was thinking of either a fantasy or school setting.

Moving convo, sorry.
Message me when the thread is up, I wanna bookmark it for later

To be honest every character I ever made on Quotev, back when there were groups... Dark times...

The first I remember was a girl named Lola or Lele or something who had been “in medical school” and managed to perform a spine surgery with no anesthesia and very little medical supplies in a moving van being chased by zombies. I don’t even know man. She also virtually had no other traits other than being a doctor and being nice. She was probably the worst character I’ve ever made.

Then there was Marwah, a water demi-goddess who had whatever personality best suited the plot and fell in love with a blatant rip-off of Sans from Undertale who was a complete and utter edgelord. Tbh he was more of a Gary Stu than she was a Mary Sue if that’s even possible...

Finally, I had a character who was a voice actress and animator, but somehow she was able to make her voice sound really deep and like a man, to the point she was able to convince her sister that she was going to be killed if she didn’t break up with her boyfriend. Mind you, this character was about 15-16 years old.

All my other characters were bad but either weren’t Mary Sues or just not very memorable. Also it was very hard for me to relive the memories of playing these cringey, terrible characters.

Settle in folks...

Her name was Raven. It was a Pokemon RP.

The thing that really interests me about Raven, looking back now, is that while she started out really cliche and edgy, as my writing got better, she grew into something a lot more nuanced. I still don't touch her anymore and I don't think I even have her original character sheets, but her progress from "i can fite all of u" into an at least somewhat complex character was kinda cool.

SO. Raven. She was 13 years old, originally (because I was 13 years old, originally) and she was a bounty hunter from Unova with a team of Eevee evolutions and a Luxray that she rode around on. She had "long, dark hair that fell past her waist" and was shifty and mysterious and pretty sassy to anyone she didn't immediately like. She was an orphan (as you do) whose only family was her adopted big brother (wish fulfillment) who was a 17 year old prodigy bio-engineer with a sort of steampunk mad-scientist aesthetic. They had a base of operations hidden in a cliff side where her brother (his name was Spark, I believe) was trying to create a super powerful solider Pokemon in a sort of homage to the failed Mewtwo experiment.

It was a mess.

But the cool part is that I loved Raven so much, I stuck with her so stalwartly, that by the time I was 15 and a half, she wasn't half so full of herself and her hair hardly ever "fell" anywhere anymore and the backstory between her and Spark was actually really interesting and overall, she just seemed a lot more like a person. I let her fail more often and be vulnerable around other characters. Her Eevee team was just an Espeon and her Luxray alongside some pretty standard Unova catches. Spark was putting the finishing touches on a hybrid with genes spliced between Luxray and Pyroar, an experiment called Luxtwo. He was fascinated by his creation and what it could mean for Pokemon science.

It was...still a mess, but a coherent and at least somewhat thoughtful mess.

I guess the moral here is that most Mary Sues have not so much to do with the powers you give them and everything to do with how you write them. Not sayin' Raven was the peak of my character design, but still. *Whew*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back