Other Your worst Mary-Sue ocs?

mother of sorrows

𝑟𝑒𝑝𝑢𝑙𝑠𝑖𝑣𝑒 𝑝𝑜𝑤𝑒𝑟 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑚.
okay so
i'm pretty most of us had a mary sue oc at one point or other and i honestly want to hear what you guys' worst ocs were like :^D

my probably worst mary sue oc i ever had was warrior cats oc that i nade when i was 11 i think? her name was bloodflower and was part of bloodclan (go figure). she was stunningly beautiful, super strong and smart and also was really evil for some reason?
i think she had a sob story that her mom was evil and abused her? idk but she wanted to fight everybody.
i remember i once made a thread with her on WCRPG where she sat in the bloodclan camp and sang edgy vocaloid songs. i'm still so embarrassed ajshdjhk

another one was ichigo, my shugo chara oc back when i lost my mind over it. she was really rich, like she had a floor just for clothing? but her parents hated her bcs... idk and every guy wanted her, so she had to fight of men left and right because she was so beautiful.
also once broke up with her bf because he called her by the wrong name and ran away, sobbing hysterically before getting hit by a bus and then was hospitalised.
i wish i was making this up.

That made me laugh way too hard wow
Thank you for sharing

Sadly I don’t remember having many Mary Sue OCs. I’m not saying I didn’t have any, because I’m certain I did, but I’ve probably blocked them from memory. :’)

I think the closest thing I can remember being a Mary Sue was this “good” demon girl OC I had when I was like 12. She had an incredibly dumb name, Erestae (pronounced air-uh-stay......... yeah it’s so bad), and had a super edgy backstory that I can’t remember any details about. She had a good heart, but sometimes her “demon” side would take over, making her volatile and angry and violent.
I don’t think she had some of the typical Mary Sue traits like being loved by everyone or being good at everything, but she was just so overly edgy for no good reason, and not even in a well written way.
I should look through some of my old notebooks and see if I can find any OCs worse than that

If there was actually one thing I've always been relatively good at avoiding was Mary Sues. This is, I think, mostly due to the fact that I began my roleplay career with a sh*t load of independent research on writing, through articles, podcasts and whatever else I could get my hands on. Nonetheless, I've made some pretty awful OCs, just not any I would call Mary Sues.

One of these bad OCs was during a time when I felt the need to actually preach while I roleplayed. So I made a character that essentially was a religious fanatic, and I would have the OC try to debate people about religion and try to convert everyone. I think if I did that today, I could probably explore that character well, but back then I was genuinely trying to convert people through it, and we all know how cringy that sort of behavior is.

The other example that comes to my mind of a straight up awful character was actually kind of done on purpose. It was a joke character I made to vent in a multifandom RP that allowed OP characters, and for some reason I felt a lot more spiteful that day so I made a character for the RP that was as broken as could get. The character was specifically made to be absolutely invencible, and they had an awful personality too. But as I worked on the backstory they ended up unexpectatly complex, because I am just used to having such standards for my backstories and it kinda sips into the character.
That roleplay ended up dying before there were as many as three posts in (total), but I still have a reworked version of this joke character in my combat characters archive, as a challenge to see if anyone can beat them.

In one of my early roleplays I had a character called Dr. Agon, who was a doctor and a dragon. :coolshades: Either it was a human who could turn into a dragon, or a dragon who could turn into human... I forgot already, but there was something related to dragons... Anyway, that character was fun but overpowered XD I just remember the name because I found it hilarious. But the character could defeat everyone in one paragraph. ewww ^^''

I'll link the character sheet! That's right, I have the character sheet! I made this guy for a Young Justice roleplay on fanfiction . net. Overly edgy, overpowered, and anthropomorphic.

*Name: T-32 Tiger

*Hero/Heroine Name: Tiger

League of Assassins Name: Yufadal Min Ra's Al Ghul, Al Eim-laq

*Species: Human (Meta)

Height: Eight foot, six inches. (Nine foot, two inches in Season 2)

Weight: 545 lbs. (590 lbs. in Season 2.)

*Personality: Fearful, although, he doesn't let that show. Cautious, methodical, almost never sporadic. He is a quiet individual, letting body language speak for him, and he is a man of stares.

*Costume (If one is used.): Armored leggings, an armored vest with LiquiGel implants. LiquiGel is a material that regulates body temperature.

League of Assassins Costume: Black leather over black cloth, with black steel armor woven with Kevlar over it.

*Backstory: A genetically made soldier that wasn't used, Cadmus abandoned him in the Rocky Mountains to die. He lived a normal hero life, as normal as a Tiger can get.

Then Fracture died, and Tiger took a turn for the worse. He contracted Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and has reoccurring nightmares about the incident. He became more cautious, and more cynical of people, and more protective of the ones he loves.

Then again, things went wrong for the hero, when stopping a big drug heist, he and Robin were being held, and he accidentally killed five people. In the light of this mistake, he ran. Straight to the League of Assassins. He was taken in by Ra's Al Ghul, and was trained to be a better killer. At the current timeline, he is still with the League.

*Powers: Half man, half tiger, T-32 can see better in the dark, can lift more, hear better, and perform astonishing physical feats.

Equipment: Pistol, assault rifle, and sonic grenades. He also has a knife and some smoke bombs.

League of Assassins Equipment: Smoke bombs, anesthesia, poison, sleep darts, katana, scimitar, bow, arrows, a knife, vial of water from the Lazarus Pit, and lockpicks.

Really strong, check. Really tall, check. Inhumanely smart, check. Human, up for debate.

I listed his personality as "Cautious, methodical, almost never sporadic. He is a quiet individual, letting body language speak for him, and he is a man of stares." Awful description, and not true. He was headstrong, edgy, and always sporadic. I still love the character though. He recently died in a nuclear blast not too long ago. All in all, I love the character, but would never RP against him ever.

so i had this girl named night. she was my proudest accomplishment for maybe 3/4 years [if i recall correctly, it was from when i was about 8/9 to when i was 12/13], before i understood the concept of a decent character. the lore of her world was that there was a dark and light world, and then our world in-between. night was the princess of light and dark, though she rejected the light side because she was an edgy lil' jerk. her design was super out-there too. [heterochromia with orange + blue eyes, one dragon wing and one angel wing, a wolf tail, unnatural multi-colored hair that was somehow natural, the worst fashion sense known to mankind, and the list goes on.] she also had two boys crushing on her, despite night having no real redeeming qualities? she was just a grumpy jerk that never showed kindness + would threaten people if they so much as got on her nerves.

back when i thought night was still cool beans, i had plans on making a series about her. [it was either comics or an animated webseries, but obviously that never took off.] i ended up dropping her and never moving on. lost all of the art i had of her too, and i'm kinda sad about that. i would've loved to redesign her, even if i would never touch her personality or backstory with a 50 foot pole.

So, I can't really recalled having a typical Mary-Sue character because I started roleplaying with DnD. Kind of hard to pull that shit there. It only really began to infect my characters when I started roleplaying online (ff.net). When I first started there I basically sort of matched what characters were in the roleplays I was in. God looking back just... so much cringe in that era of my writing life. I didn't have like too crazy character appearance stuff but personality and backstory is where the Sue emerged.

I can't remember too much about those characters, but one I can recall was a "Neko Cat Demon" (yes, weep at that majestic fantasy race) who was very flirtatious one moment followed by "but no I am a sweet innocent young maiden!" Because I was such a pushover at that time in just letting other players steamroll me into whatever they wanted my character to do you.. well you can probably imagine how well that went. >_> Honestly part of me blames them for forming the rest of her crappy character design because of this.

When I decided to join the RP crowd in dA my writing and character creation improved vastly (shout out to sheeply's character guide), but then I entered my purple prose phase as yet again I tried to write how my partners wrote.

So, I can't really recalled having a typical Mary-Sue character because I started roleplaying with DnD. Kind of hard to pull that shit there. It only really began to infect my characters when I started roleplaying online (ff.net). When I first started there I basically sort of matched what characters were in the roleplays I was in. God looking back just... so much cringe in that era of my writing life. I didn't have like too crazy character appearance stuff but personality and backstory is where the Sue emerged.

I can't remember too much about those characters, but one I can recall was a "Neko Cat Demon" (yes, weep at that majestic fantasy race) who was very flirtatious one moment followed by "but no I am a sweet innocent young maiden!" Because I was such a pushover at that time in just letting other players steamroll me into whatever they wanted my character to do you.. well you can probably imagine how well that went. >_> Honestly part of me blames them for forming the rest of her crappy character design because of this.

When I decided to join the RP crowd in dA my writing and character creation improved vastly (shout out to sheeply's character guide), but then I entered my purple prose phase as yet again I tried to write how my partners wrote.
What? I don't see anything wrong with that character. The Cat Cat Demon is truly the pinnacle of all fantasy species. None can hope to compete.

PhoenixMire PhoenixMire i'm sorry but when i saw 'demon side takes over' i just had a mental image of a demon girl going "you angered me for the last time... hNNGGG" and just turning super saiyan
thank you for your wonderful story :') and i'm glad you found my ocs funny, even if they make me cry at night ajshjejshj

Idea Idea hmm a preacher type of oc would be interesting, at least now that we actually know what we are doing :^) now i kinda want to see the joke oc they sound amazing ajshsj

Onmyoji Onmyoji you can't just tell me you had a dragon doctor oc and not tell me more about him!! did he do bloodworks and such in his dragon form? because that would be absolutely awesome :,)

Lord Aphrodite Lord Aphrodite an tiger/human hybrid supersoldier actually sounds amazing akshejj. he sounds really fun to interact with even if he was op and edgy

F FabIe omg... you and me would have gotten along so well back in the day... i would have thrown a riot if i heard about your oc then
she sounds like a drama queen, i love it

Fable Fable please.... not the neko demons. i don't want to go to that dark place. :"D at least i'm not the only one who loves those

thanks for your stories guys! jokes aside, i feel like my worst ocs were the most fun to rp haha
do you guys feel the same? :0

@Onmyoji you can't just tell me you had a dragon doctor oc and not tell me more about him!! did he do bloodworks and such in his dragon form? because that would be absolutely awesome :,)
hah as far as I remember the character was a human doctor, but turned into dragon during fighting. It was sort of a vigilante like Batman XDDD So he wasn't doing any doctor stuff in dragon form, aside from gibing some advice XDDD It was so long ago, I don't remember much. But at least I had fun with that character.

thanks for your stories guys! jokes aside, i feel like my worst ocs were the most fun to rp haha
do you guys feel the same? :0

I'm not sure about the most fun lol They were surely fun, but less OP characters were fun to play too. Maybe it's just nostalgia speaking ahaha I did play that character during my early roleplaying days and it's fun to remember. But *many years* later I'm still having a lot of fun with my current characters that aren't so exagerratedly OP... ^^

I think character creation has always been one of my major strengths, and as far as I know, I never made any kind of "Mary Sue" character.

I *did* however have the very weird experience of my RP partner turning my character INTO a Mary Sue, if you can believe that. XD Sort of, anyway. It was a superhero RPG, and I had a really strong, take-no-crap cyborg woman. Most of our adventures went well, but there was a certain period where... weird stuff started happening. XD For one thing, one of her college classmates was Photoshopping pictures of her over a nude model and distributing them (in a fit of jealousy over how amazing and smart my character was). XD XD And after that point my character was basically the star of the entire college, where she was constantly having to fight overeager people off her, all trying to ask her out and gushing nonstop about how beautiful and attractive she was. Straight women turned lesbian for her, I'm not even joking. XD And we were gearing up for a fight scene where my opponent heard her name and was like, "I know what she did to that other guy!" and just took off screaming. XD Didn't even give me a chance. XD

We eventually rebooted that RP to fix up some plot holes and make a better story... and I told him there were one or two things I would like NOT to have happen in the new version. XD

Onmyoji Onmyoji aaah i imagined a huge ass dragon sitting in a laboratory, looking at test tubes for some reason ajehejhj
!! also, i didn't really think they were fun just because they were OP, i guess they were fun bcs i lived like an anime heroine through them lmao :p but it's probably the nostalgia talking, as you said! ^^

Idea Idea that's actually awesome, he sounds like he just trolls every poor protag :'D

Purple Kitti Purple Kitti i have so many questions now ajshjehsj HOW does that happen?? i have no words :") just... amazing

Purple Kitti Purple Kitti i have so many questions now ajshjehsj HOW does that happen?? i have no words :") just... amazing[/QUOTE]

I think just carrying an RP on long enough produces natural lulls and meandering in storytelling here and there. We were posting super-frequently for several months by the time it got that far. In the end, we had over 110 chapters written (we mostly divided it up into one main adventure per chapter, running at minimum 8,000 words per post, but usually 12,000+), and there were quite a few random meanderings and low-impact storytelling moments.

@Onmyoji aaah i imagined a huge ass dragon sitting in a laboratory, looking at test tubes for some reason ajehejhj
it... wasn't the case back then but I do like this image. If I ever re-use that character, I know what I'll do XDDD

Oh wait, I just found another thing I posted from here years ago. I'll just copy/paste it here for your amusement.

You know, I've been in a lot of RPs and while I hear about these little monsters all the time, I've actually never been involved with one, and I've always enjoyed making characters with solid flaws and weaknesses. Guess I'm fortunate. :)

Although, when I was little played with Barbie dolls with my friends I could really piss them off with my Mary-Sue-ness. When you think about it, that's how the company builds her, anyway. :P

"Okay, now let's have Barbie and Ken break up."

"NO!! Nothing ever goes wrong in Barbie Land! Nothing! NOW STOP IIIITTTT!!"

"...This is stupid. I'm going home."

xD

Oh wait-- SARAH THE ELF! :o I was nine when I created her for my first table top role playing game. She was a perfect blonde/blue swordswoman with large muscles, and she could (in my mind) defeat EVERYBODY that she couldn't just intimidate first. Her intimidation technique was to oh-so-casually-and-gently toss her sword in the air, and it would spin fiercely, rapidly in every single direction, then land gently as a flower in her hand as she smiled and then pointed the sword tip at her enemy, who would then scream in terror, hurl all of his weapons at her feet, and run away with arms flailing.

"Sarah the Elf." TT^TT

Onmyoji Onmyoji please, the world needs a dragon who's also a doctor, it's just not complete without it also, i didn't see before bcs i was on mobile, but i see you have a hakuoki profile pic and i greatly approve

Purple Kitti Purple Kitti yeah i guess if a rp goes on long enough, you just start doing random stuff :p also, the mental imagine of a super muscular elf just flailing a huge sword in the air is really funny to me, idk why :'u

alSO, how could i forget my magnus opus, isaac and anja.
they were both black butler ocs so you already know you're in for a ride
isaac was a fox demon who could turn into a giant fox and anja was... idk, some girl who was about to get sacrificed to isaac as an offering but then they made a deal, so isaac became her demon butler. anja was super cute and tiny, but also super badass, so OBVIOUSLY men loved her but isaac fought them off? also ciel had a crush on her...? she was also a demon slayer i think
for some reason they were both slovenian??? what were they doing in 19th century london????? literally all i have are questions and no answers
also, isaac and anja were together.... even tho she was like 12..... i honestly want to forget

@Onmyoji please, the world needs a dragon who's also a doctor, it's just not complete without it also, i didn't see before bcs i was on mobile, but i see you have a hakuoki profile pic and i greatly approve
IKR! makes me want to find a new rp just to use that character! because it wouldn't fit in Hakuouki rp... probably.

anja was super cute and tiny, but also super badass, so OBVIOUSLY men loved her but isaac fought them off? also ciel had a crush on her...? she was also a demon slayer i think
omg that's like classic mary sue material right there XDD

But it's really fun to remember those kinds of roleplays ahaha

I remembered another early rp which was based on Harry Potter world and my character was uhhh... wait for it... Voldemort's child who studied in Ravenclaw! And opened a portal into another world. :hornswhistle:

alSO, how could i forget my magnus opus, isaac and anja.
they were both black butler ocs so you already know you're in for a ride
isaac was a fox demon who could turn into a giant fox and anja was... idk, some girl who was about to get sacrificed to isaac as an offering but then they made a deal, so isaac became her demon butler. anja was super cute and tiny, but also super badass, so OBVIOUSLY men loved her but isaac fought them off? also ciel had a crush on her...? she was also a demon slayer i think
for some reason they were both slovenian??? what were they doing in 19th century london????? literally all i have are questions and no answers
also, isaac and anja were together.... even tho she was like 12..... i honestly want to forget
I have a hard time picturing Ciel liking anybody tbh
he's a salty child
Also that entire situation just sounds hilarious haha

PhoenixMire PhoenixMire yeah i know, but that somehow didn't stop me from making this monster of an oc :'D i honestly feel bad for making ciel be together with her aksjfej
Lord Aphrodite Lord Aphrodite that's exactly the mental image i had!! thanks for drawing it, it's awesome!! :^) and sure, i'm curious about it!
Onmyoji Onmyoji how did voldemort get somebody to have a child with him?? that's the real question here 0: i need to see a dragon doctor helping the shinsengumi defeat their enemies NOW

also.... i forgot to mention one of her eyes was gold and the other was red..... and she had white hair..... amazing
i don't even think isaac had a personality, he was just kinda there to be smexy i guess? maybe i hsould rework them but this time, anja is just a bratty 12 year old and isaac is a demon who just wants to go back to hell because he can't stand her

Thank you for starting this thread, I can't stop laughing every time I check it.

@Onmyoji how did voldemort get somebody to have a child with him?? that's the real question here 0: i need to see a dragon doctor helping the shinsengumi defeat their enemies NOW

well... as far as I remember the premise. the rp happened during the time when Voldemort still looked like human, so... maybe somehow someone fell for him??? Or it could have been some of his experiments with magic XD I don't think I ever explained that matter. Or maybe I did back then, but forgot already. This rp happened more than 10 years ago.
I'm not sure about the rp, but if I ever post a fanfiction about the Shinsengumi and the dragon doctor, you'll know where it came from. and it probably should have the illustration by Lord Aphrodite Lord Aphrodite because that masterpiece deserves recognition!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back