• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern You were my Sign of Life

He sighed a little. “But we talked about this before we made the move babe. We always knew this was gonna be work not a vacation.” He pointed out.

Carmen shook her head “Lee didn’t think so and he’s seen loads of scouts come through there.” She pointed out. “Look give the guy a call see what he says then talk with Wayne.” She sughested

Max gave a small nod and squeezed his hand softly "I know, I just don't think I expected this much stress on you is all. Everything will work out though."

Eddie gave a heavy sigh but nodded some letting her work further on his hair "Alright fine."

She smiled and kept going til it was a giant poof ball around him, “Alright go rinse that off and shampoo then let’s get out of town.” She smiled, pecking his cheek and went to get dressed for the day.

He frowned and shrugged. “Whatever. Let’s just get these dogs walked so we can go get our errands done.” He mumbled

Eddie smiled and went to get ready coming out after he hand done a quick blow dry like Carmen had shown him. He smiled happily kissing her gently "All soft now." He said happily

Max gave a small nod and walked out with him. She smiled as the dogs ran around their yard "They definitely love it here." She said softly

She smiled and pecked his lips, “let me get my bag and let’s go. You pick where.” She told him, going to get in the van with him and just leaned back happily.

He nodded and wrapped an arm around her shoulders. “They do. All the space.” He murmured, glancing over at the clients riding their horses. “I’m glad you’re not like them.” He muttered.

Eddie got in the van and popped in her Bon Jovi cassette wanting her to be happy on the ride over even if he couldn't stand them. He gave her hand a squeeze and started off on their journey "I was thinking we could go to that trashy mexican food restaurant we like in the next town." He said happily. The food was good, but definitely not any kind of authentic mexican.

Max nodded some and looked over at their clients "What do you mean? Stuck up?" She said giving a small laugh

She smiled and watched him some. “You are something else you know that?” She smiled. “But yes that sounds perfect.” She told him happily. She knew he was starting to get more restless because it was coming up to the anniversary of the murders and she was just worried about him.

He nodded. “They’re rude and demanding.” He muttered. “Max I put their prices up and asking me if it means carmens getting paid more. I told em it was none of their business.”

Max rolled her eyes and shook her head some "What the hell?! People are so stupid." She muttered before kissing his cheek gently "I love you babe."

Eddie smiled softly and held her hand as he drove them out of the town "So....the anniversary is coming up...do uh...do you think we could get out of town that day?"

She nodded and gave his hand a squeeze. “What if I book off the week? I get three a year and we could go away? Maybe just take the van and an air mattress and blankets. Use it to camp out?” She suggested.

He smiled and just walked with her a little longer, content in the silence until going back to the house to get the dogs cleaned up and then out to the car.

Eddie frowned softly shaking his head some "No no...I don't want you using your only vacation days...those are yours." He said giving a small sigh.

Max got back to the house and fot ready to go out. She frowned some seeing how tense Jeff was right now "You alright babe?" She asked as they made their way into town

She shook her head. “And? Maybe I wanna use them.” She pointed out. “I think we are well overdue a camping trip.” She told him smiling some.

He nodded and frowned. “Just thinking. Making sure I don’t forget anything on the list.” He muttered.

Eddie gave a small smile and nodded some "Alright then, camping it is." He said happily. They arrived at the restaurant around 40 minutes later and found themselves inside and sat down shortly after that "I'm so hungry I could eat a damn horse." He said as he scanned over the menu.

Max nodded softly and fell silent the rest of the ride. As they got there she got out of the car and kissed him gently when she came around the the front "I'll see you in a few mimutes okay? I'll be right down the street." She murmured

She smiled and rolled her eyes "You know they're edible right? It tastes good too." She smiled at him, laughing as he looked at her horrified "What? Meat is meat." She giggled. "I love you." She told him happily to change the topic "Oh! Dustin is in town next week he said in his last e-mail, wanted to see us and I told him we're always around." She told him happily, "He still worships you." She smiled.

Jeff nodded to her and watched her go, heading into the feed store and taking his list up to the front, "Hey, I only got a few minutes cause Max is just down the street... You can't be pulling shit like you did last night Maggie." He told her sighing a little as he handed her the list.

Eddie gave a small smile when she mentioned Dustin nodding a bit "Thats great! I'd love to see him again, he was always the best." He said squeezing her hand gently "You are so beautiful you know that?" He said as he stared at her in awe

Maggie frowned softly as she saw Jeff come in. She took the list but let her hand linger on his "I'm sorry...I miss you Jeff...I want to see you more." She saud before giving a heavy sigh "Are you still thinking about leaving her?"

She smiled and looked over at him shaking her head. “You know you tell me that every day and I never get tired of hearing it.” She murmured, squeezing his hand, ordering once their waiter came over and just relaxed with him, enjoying being away from town so no one was bothering him.

He sighed a little. “I don’t know. And it was only ever a passing comment. But we aren’t what we used to be… Maggie I don’t want to get your hopes up. I don’t wanna drag you along.” He told her seriously.

Eddie chuckled softly starting to relax completely when the waiter didn't recognize them. He went on through lunch with her and at the end he was walking with her back to the car "You want to go to our little hide out? The small lake?"

Maggie frowned more at him and sighed heavily "So are we just going to just forget this them? Forget us?" She asked softly

She smiled and nodded watching him. “That sounds good.” She murmured, pausing by the can and stood up on her tiptoes, kissing him happily before getting in and just giggled seeing his face as he got in on his side. “You remember when you came over and asked me to sit with you?” She asked him.

He frowned and shook his head. “I don’t know. I just… everything is crazy at the minute and I don’t even know if I should have started this.” He muttered. He was racked with guilt for doing what he was doing but at the same time they had moved to the country to fix their marriage and things hadn’t exactly gone to plan so now he was panicking.

Eddie smiled happily and chuckled giving a nod "Yeah I do, I just had to know you." He said before kissing her hand gently "I love you beautiful." He murmured before he pulled off and started to their secret spot. The spot that happened to be the place he proposed to her.

Maggie came around the corner and placed a hand on his shoulder before giving him a quick peck on the cheek "Figure yourself out Jeff okay? If you figure it out soon enough, I'll be here." She said before going to get the things he needed.

He sighed but nodded and ended up taking things back to the truck, catching max on his last trip back. “Hey. All done.” He told her quietly just looking tired

She smiled and shook her head, watching the world go by the whole drive there but got out with him and went to find a spot in the grass, waiting tik he was sat with her and just leaned back against him. “I know that you want to make music your job babe… I do… but if even if that doesn’t work out… I’m not going anywhere. I told you i thought it wa hot you play the guitar… I still think it is but I’m here for tou… not your songs.” She promised him.

Max came out with her bag of things smiling seeing Jeff. She gave him a nod and kissed his cheek "Lets get home. I'll make us some lunch later." She said as she got in the car.

Eddie sat down with her and gave a heavy sigh when he heard her. He wrapped his arms around her and gave a small nod "I know babe...I just...its all I want ya know?"

She sighed but nodded and rubbed his arm. “I know honey … I just don’t want to see you waste your life chasing it and look back regretting that you didn’t do anything else.” She pointed out. “I just want you happy without it as well.” She murmured, tilting her head back and kissing under his chin.

Jeff nodded to her and got in the cab, driving them home in silence, rubbing at his face here and there. “I’m gonna go lay down.” He told her quietly, pecking her cheek after he parked the truck and got out to go straight up to their room.

-6 weeks-
Max sat at the house crying softly as she looked over the results her doctor had sent. She had taken her finally test about their infertility and the results were not good. She apparently had not been ovulating properly and it caused her to almost be sterile. She looked over at Jeff as he came down taking a shaky breath "They uh...they got my results." She said quietly

Eddie had taken Carmen and Wayne's words to heart as much as he could about his music career. He had spoken to the music guy and both had said he wasn't to be trusted. However, Eddie was desperate now. Especially when the power got cut because they hadn't been able to pay the bill. Now he was in the van heading to California to take this chance. He didn't see the harm, he thought this guy could be his ticket and he could bring Carmen out there with him once everything was finalized.

Jeff frowned and looked over at her. “Alright. So from your face I take it we aren’t having our own kids any time soon… alright, let’s get this place started up and we can talk later.” He muttered not really in the mood.

Carmen woke up on time for work but she frowned when she realised the bed was empty. And so was the whole trailer. The van was gone and that was when she began to panic. More so when she realised that a whole bunch of eddies clothes were also missing and she just sat down on the edge of their bed and began sobbing. He’d left. Just like that he had left her. No doubt to take the contract but she was devastated that he hadn’t even said a word to her.

Max frowned deeply at his response to it and nodded "Um yes...I uh...I apparently don't ovulate properly. They want me to start on medication soon. Hopefully it'll help us." She said before letting a few tears fall trying to keep herself together.

Wayne frowned some when he got a call at work early that morning. It wasn't normal for someone to call him at work, let alone this early. "Hello? Carmen? Hey darling calm down, tell me whats wrong." He said calmly trying to get his crying daughter in law consoled.

She swallowed back tears , not having known who else to call. “He’s gone! Eddies gone his clothes and the van and he’s just gone there’s no note he never said anything.” She whimpered.

He shrugged a little. “Alright. Get it sorted then and see what happens.” He muttered. “I don’t know what you want me to say. Clearly it’s just not meant to be for us.” He muttered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back