• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern You were my Sign of Life

She smiled and rolled over to straddle his waist, “we could…. Or we could make the most of the morning and for just once in my life, be real cheeky about getting to work on time.” She giggled, kissing him a little desperately

He groaned and just looked up at her. “I gotta get to running this place to make better money so we can hire people to do that for us.” He muttered, getting up with her though and going to get things done for the morning, frowning when it got to 6:50 and carmen hadn’t shown up yet. Then to 7 and finally it was 7:10 when he heard their van pulling in, fuming with her that she was late enough that he’d sent max to start feeding the horses

Eddie smirked and groaned softly as he felt her rocking her hips against his "Mmmm I think I can get behind that." He murmured before kissing her deeply...It had been 10 minutes past, he thought everything would be okay with it only being 10 minutes. The minute he saw Jeff come out of the barn he knew things were not okay and prepared himself for the tongue lashinh he would recieve not thinking Carmen would be the main focus of his anger though.

Max nodded some and gave a small sigh before she got up and ready. She followed him out and did her normal little jobs getting mostly the small animals taken care of. Though when they noticed Carmen was late she began the worry. She started on doing the horses like Jeff had asked, going through the ropes slowly but making sure to remember exactly how Carmen did it.

Jeff headed over to them gritting his teeth. “Are we a fucking joke to you two? This isn’t a hobby for you two to be here you understand me? I get that us taking over was a slap in the face but get over it! Your ass should be walking up and down that hill turning out the clients animals right now! I ever see you show up late to work again you’re gone. I can’t believe my wife is having to do your job for you right now!” He spat at her. “Get over there and do your fucking job!” He snapped, turning to walk away when he heard eddie start to step in.

Carmen grit her teeth, taking it for now but feeling her temper rising, going to get in with her day and frowned seeing buckets everywhere and hay all over the place where it had been put out really messy. “Hey hey hey you can’t give him that stuff!” She called over to max before she gave dry hay to Hugo. “What the fuck is going on with the feed? Why is … can’t even fucking do that right when I make it so simple to follow.” She muttered, storming around to try and fix it all but soon stopped and frowned. “Hey how did you mix this one?” She called over to her.

Max looked over when she heard Carmen's voice frowning deeply. She turned to look at her and gave a heavy sigh "I did my best to follow everything you do. I made sure they got the medicine you mix in." She explained watching her a bit "I'm sorry if any of it is wrong...Jeff was adament that it get started."

Eddie frowned deeply as Jeff vave his wife a go. He shook his head a bit "Who do you think you're talking to huh?! She was late by ten fucking minutes! Carmen is all you fucking got here besides me and you want to treat her like shit for it?!" He yelled starting to get closer to him "Don't ever fucking talk to my wife like that again."

Jeff glared back at him. “I’m glad you stuck around to yell at me over a matter that doesn’t concern you…. Because I need to talk to you as well. Eddie I’m letting you go. You’re fired. You can collect up any stuff you have here but I want you off my property within the hour.” He told him.

Carmen just shook her head. “Did you mix this with your hands?!” She asked her quickly. “Max! Quickly!” She snapped at her, groaning when she finally nodded. “Go scrub your hands. Hopefully it didn’t get on there too much. You can’t touch this stuff if you want kids it can make you infertile that’s why I put the gloves with it.” She told her quickly, going back out to the barn to put the cart away and caught the tail end of Jeff and eddies conversation “What’s going on?”

Eddie went a bit wide eyed when he hearz Jeff fire him "What?! No Jeff come on man this is a misunderstanding! I'll get my act together please!" He said frowning as he just took off when he heard Max panicking in the stables. He looked at Carmen with saddened eyes taking a shaky breath "He fired me..."

Max went wide eyed and quickly rushed to the farm sink they had out there. It was mostly for filling up buckets to clean the horse but for now it would have to do. She started to scrub at her arms furiously "Oh no, no, no, no! Shit!" She said loudly not realizing Jeff had heard her. She looked over when she heard his voice "I touched something without gloves...Carmen said it could cause infertility!"

She frowned and shook her head. “He what?! Shit. Alright…. Eddie go home. Just relax for me okay? Don’t think about it, have a chill day and when I get home we can go to the show and then tomorrow we can talk okay?” She murmured, giving his hand a quick squeeze before having to go crack on with her job.

Jeff frowned and looked at her. “Just relax okay? Scrub it off just in case but I’m sure that touching it once isn’t gonna do it.” He sighed frowning

Eddie frowned deeply as he watched her shaking his head a bit "This is fucking bullshit." He muttered before going off and heading home.

Max took a deep breath and nodded softly "Right...right." she said before scrubbing again. She finished up about five minutes later and gave a heavy sigh seeing Carmen coming back over to fix what she had messed up.

She worked her ass off the rest of the day and finally went up to the office building on site and walked right in without knocking, not caring that both of them were there. “I have never dealt with someone as unprofessional as you both in my life! You don’t come from your big city to the country and decide that you know how to run things. You don’t. Both of you are fucking useless at this. So promote me. Pay me a managers salary and let me run this place so you earn better off of it. Then stay the fuck away from my animals. You’re lucky you didn’t kill anyone this morning fucking around with feed like that.” She spat and turned to max at the end.

Jeff went through the rest of the day, finally getting max to sit down and go through numbers with him to explain to her why they needed to hire someone new but he was only a minute in when carmen barged in and went on her rant, just glaring at her. “I’m sorry you’re upset that we outbid you. Boo fuckin hoo. Your husband was a useless employee and I’m not even entertaining the idea that you would have a clue how to run a place like this so go home now, I’ll pretend this conversation never happened and you’ll have your job in the morning sti-“ he paused though when max cut him off and made him stop

Max went on with the rest of the day just staying to herself. She helped Jeff when needed but it was mostly just her walking around the areas. She sat down with Jeff at the end of the day and sighed softly getting ready to listen to him explain the numbers to her. She frowned deeply though as Carmen came in and immediately went off on them. She sighed heavily as Jeff started to bite back but quickly squeezed his arm to stop "Jeff....We will take your concerns into consideration and will speak about them tonight. Thank you for your work today Carmen. I do apologize again about the feed this morning." She said before watching her leave "If you kept on the way you were going she would have quit.." she murmured to Jeff as he stared at her.

Eddie looked over at the door seeign Carmen come in looking pissed "What happened?" He asked as he went over to her with a drink.

She grit her teeth and left, hitching a ride with a friend who worked at the plant and lived in the trailer park as it was on the way home for her. She thanked her again and headed inside, stepping over to Eddie and held onto him tightly, burying her face into his neck and just held him for a minute. “I’m looking at other jobs.” She told him. “I’m done with them they’re awful.” She muttered and explained wverhrhing to him once she had sat on their couch, rubbing at her face. “Are you guys still playing tonight? Cause I can go shower and be ready.”

Jeff frowned and shook her head. “I bet if I spoke to all our clients we wouldn’t get a god word for her out of any of them. She’s rude and abrasive and I’m done. One more fuck up and she’s gone too. Fuck it. Let’s just go out. Get dinner then we can do this tomorrow.” He muttered as they had their other groom coming in on the day with carmen having a day off.

Max gave a heavy sigh and nodded some "I know, lets just hope this blows past us both." She murmured before kissing his cheek and getting up to leave "I call the doctor's earlier,they said they can see me at the end of next week." She explained quietly

Eddie frowned deeply as he listened to her and gave a heavy sigh "Maybe we should look into other places to live, find another town with better ranches." He murmured before kissing the top of her head "Yeah we're still playing." He said softly before looking down at her "I think tonight is gonna be special babe, I can feel it."

She just nodded and held onto him. “Alright. I’ll go get ready in a little bit…. We can discuss it tomorrow okay? I think tonight we need a break.” She smiled, kissing him again. “I love you. Very much so.”

He sighed a little but nodded. “Alright. Well let me know what day and I can go with you if you need. I’m gonna get a couple freelancer maintenance guys in to replace Eddie.” He told her

Eddie gave a small nod and kissed her gently before letting her go take a shower. He got himself ready for the night making sure to pack Sweetheart, his guitar, first.

Max gave a small nod and sighed softly "Its next Thursday." She said before kissing his cheek gently opening the door to the house as they got up to it "So where do you want to go?"

She got ready quietly and finally made it out to him, wrapping her arms around him from behind, giggling as he jumped a bit. “I know you love your unruly mop of fluff my love but tomorrow, condition and detangle day.” She told him.

He shrugged. “There’s that Italian place in town.” He suggested. “Few people said it’s meant to be real nice.”

Eddie jumped a bit when he felt her wrap her arms around him having not heard her come in. He chuckled softly and gave a small nod "Yes ma'am." He said before kissing her cheek gently "Ready to go?"

Max gave a small nodsmiling softly "Yeah that sounds nice." She said before kissing him gently.

She nodded and sighed a little. “We need to talk tomorrow as well. Not just about work either.” She murmured, kissing his nose before following him out to the van.

He nodded and watched her go to get ready, taking the time to sort the dogs out and get them fed before going to get ready himself.

Eddie gave a small nod and took her out to the van. Hw doublw checked everything before heading to the hide out trying to keep his nerves down. This could be their big break and he just wanted everything to go perfectly.

Max left with him a bit later and sighed softly seeing the restaurant looked packed "Lets hope they have a table." She murmured before getting out and taking his hand in hers

Carmen smiled a little turning the radio up and just watched him driving. “Hey, breathe, play tonight like you always do and it’s gonna be great.” She assured him. “But please for the love of Christ don’t make any rash decisions.” She pleaded knowing his excitement sometimes ran away with him.

He nodded and headed inside, asking for a table for two and got told it would be a fifteen minute wait. “We can do that.” He smiled some, taking a seat again “They said fifteen minutes.” He told her, keeping her close to him but soon tensed up spotting someone he wasn’t expecting.

Max gave a small nod and stayed close to him "Alright that sounds good." She murmured kissing his cheek gently frowning as she noticed how tense he was "Are you okay babe?"

Eddie gave a heavy sigh but nodded some "I won't okay?" He said softly before squeezing her hand "I love you babe."

He nodded slowly and turned to look at her "I can just feel that people are watching us sometimes... I know we aren't well liked round here, I get it but still... I'm getting tired of it." He told her quietly.

She smiled and leaned over, kissing his cheek "I love you too." She smiled and sat back again, helping him get everything ready once they arrived

Max gave a heavy sigh but nodded softly "I know love, but we just have to push them aside." She murmured kissing him gently and smiling softly right before their name was called.

Eddie smiled happily before he went through the back to set up. The bar had filled out quite well tonight and it made him even more excited about everything.

Carmen headed straight through to get them drinks and glanced around the room seeing only one guy in business attire and just frowned some, immediately something just didn't feel right but she took her drinks back and sighed "Hey, one guy I can see but something feels off, he doesn't look like he works for a label." She muttered.

He sighed a litle but got up and followed the host to their table, taking a seat and looking over the menu "I'm going to get the place set up to take lessons... I've done the research, there's not a decent riding centre in the county let alone the next hour away... and if Carmen won't teach then I'll find someone who will." He told her

Eddie frowned deeply as he listened to her when she came over with drinks. He gave a heavy sigh and sipped at his drink "I'm sure it'll be alright. No brash decisions right?" He murmured before kissing her gently

Max sat down with him and gave a small nod "I'm sure we can figure it out. Maybe we can talk with her about teaching, say once we get some clients we'll give her a proper raise. We can also find some maintenance people and grooms as well." She said giving his hand a squeeze

She nodded and smiled, kissing him back, “Don’t break anything.” She smiled, kissing him once more then left them to go on stage, heading out to the main bar area again, getting a stool and watching them happily, occasionally chatting with the bartenders that she knew well from the years he’d played there.

He nodded and sighed a little. “You got any weddings or anything coming up for photos?” He asked her curiously seeing as while he was running the farm her business in photography had really kicked up especially with the much wealthier end of town.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back