• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern You were my Sign of Life

Eddie went through the set giving it his absolute all to try and get this deal. By the end of the set the man in the suit came up to the stage handing him a card 'Give me a call'. He looked at Carmen with a wide grin on his face.

Max smiled happily and nodded some "Yes I do, got a wedding in two weeks. Plus a maternity shoot here soon." She explained softly

Carmen frowned some and watched him go, heading the guys getting excited over it. “Eddie I don’t like it. I don’t trust it.” She told him seriously, giving his arm a squeeze and followed him back to the little dressing room they had back there.

He nodded and watched her happily. “You know how beautiful you are?” He asked her quietly, reaching over and giving her hand a squeeze. “You remember the night we got engaged?” He asked her

Eddie frowned softly keeping her close "We'll look into it alright? This could be real good for us babe." He said happily still in the post show bliss.

Max blushed lightly and smiled wide at him giving a small nod "Mmm...mhmmm your old tiny apartment in the city...just got done having a lovely dinner and then mind blowing sex....tangled in the sheets together and you show me the box." She said happily taking his hand in hers and running her finger along his wedding band "That all seems so long ago now."

He smiled tiredly, watching her "Almost 12 years." He murmured "Are you still happy that we left the city?" He asked her curiously. "We coud always pack this all up and go back," He murmured

Carmen just sighed a little and nodded, sitting in his lap while they all talked and relaxed for now, resting her head against his shoulder and doing her best to stay awake but she'd been up so early and the working day had been long without any company so she ended up drifting off, curled up against him, semi-aware of him laying his jacket around her at one point

Max shook her head some and gave a smile "Mmm nope, even though things aren't the best right now...I think we would be even more miserable in the city. Me constantly being away for shoots, your old job being over demanding." She explained before kissing his hand gently "We're good here babe."

Eddie smiled softly whem he noticed Carmen had fallen asleep against him. He gently placed his jacket around her while he chatted with the boys a bit. About an hour later he was carrying her to the van and taking her home for the night.

She woke up as he was getting her seatbelt on, frowning a little. “Sorry… long day.” She mumbled taking his hand tightly for a moment. “Eddie…. Let’s skip town tomorrow… go for a drive and find somewhere to have some lunch… I want you comfortable.” She told him quietly, giving his hand a squeeze.

He nodded and watched her. “Alright. As long as you’re happy.” He smiled at her a little, enjoying dinner with her until she had gone to the restroom and he tensed seeing the woman walking over. “Maggie what do you think you’re doing?” He muttered. “You want people to get suspicious?” He questioned her

Eddie raised an eyebrow as he started to drive "Don't you have work tomorrow? Or is it your day off?" He asked having honestly forgotten if she got it off or not.

Maggie walked over to Jeff when she saw Max leave giving a small smile "I just wanted to say Hi, a friend to a friend. We haven't talked in a while." She said softly to him. She owned the local feed store that Jeff came to buy from. They'd hit it off real good and things started to take a turn recently. While they had done nothing physical, the emotional aspect of a relationship was most certainly there.

He frowned. “Don’t. Not here.” He muttered shaking his head and got up to go pay their bill at the register, walking away from her.

Carmen shook her head. “It’s a day off tomorrow…. So you wanna do that?” She asked him quietly, watching him

Max came out and frowned softly seeing Jeff by the door having already paid "Ready to go?" She asked as she took his hand in hers.

Eddie gave a small nod and smiled softly at her "Yeah...yeah I think that sounds like a nice idea." He said softly

She smiled and nodded to herself, “good.” She murmured, getting home with him, starting to walk up to their front door but smiled and laughed a little as she felt him pick her up. “What are you doing Edward Munson?” She asked him, staring into the big brown eyes she’d fallen for years ago.

He nodded and smiled, kissing her cheek. “Yeah. Let’s get home, get the dogs out quick then go to bed.” He murmured.

Eddie got them home and smiled happily as he watched her slowly get out. He ran up behind her as she walked towards the trailer and scooped her up bridal style for the hell of it. "What? I can't want to hold my beautiful wife?" He asked happily before kissing all over her face "I love you so much babe."

Max gave a nod and smiled softly at him "Sounds good." She said before walking out with him. She gave a small sigh seeing a couple walk down the street with a baby in their arms but quickly fixed herself to try and stay positive "We'll have answers soon enough." She said positively when she noticed Jeff looking at the couple as well.

Carmen smiled wider and watched him. “I love you too… I swear we left the lights on.” She mumbled though getting distracted and seeing that the whole park was in darkness and sighed realising there had clearly been a power cut. “I think that’s our cue to go straight to bed.” She murmured, smiling as he carried her in but couldn’t stop laughing when he kept bumping into things.

He shrugged a little. “Let’s just get home.p he muttered. He hadn’t been thinking what she assumed he was at all and really he needed to just say it out loud to her but he didn’t want to cause yet another argument over it

Eddie smiled happily but gave a small frown at the darkness. It brought his mind to the fact they would be needing to pay the light bill soon. It also brought back to fact he had no job now, and would need to find something most likely in town. He took her through the house giving a small laugh as he bumped into things while he took her to bed "I love you babe." He murmured

Max gave a small nod and kissed his cheek before getting in the car. She smiled softly as they got home letting the dogs out before she went up to take a quick shower. She came out to find Jeff on his phone in bed "Whatcha lookin at handsome?"

She smiled and shook her head. “I think this highlights that we need to clean up.” She murmured, laying with him once they got to bed and just held onto him tightly. “Mmm I love you.” She told him quietly, kissing his nose, snuggling in a little closer under their covers now that it was getting cold.

He glanced up and shrugged a little, pressing send on the message before turning his phone off. “Just getting last minute jobs done.” He told her, “you better be quick or honey is gonna steal your spot.” He chuckled seeing the dogs run into the room

Eddie held her close to him while he looked over the business card in his hand. He gave a heavy sigh just thinking about where their life would go next and eventually fell asleep about an hour later.

Max laughed lightly and jumped into the bed before Honey could. She snuggled up close to her husband giving a small smile "I love you babe." She said softly before falling asleep

Carmen woke up early in the morning, going to make them both coffee, leaving him to sleep a little longer and just sighed to herself. She was happy enough with their life though she would have liked to have more money and be more comfortable but she had loved Eddie for as long as she could remember and she wouldn’t give him up for the world. She smiled feeling arms go around her from behind and leaned back. “I thought you were sleeping bub.” She murmured.

Jeff smiled and pulled her in close before he drifted off. He got up early to get the morning jobs done and walked into the house to the smell of breakfast, “morning. You get a good lie in?” He asked her with a yawn, hanging up his jacket. “J got the boys working the yard, you got me to yourself all day except I gotta run to the feed store at some point.”

Eddie woke up the next morning and groaned softly feeling Carmen not there. He got up and shuffled out wrapping his arms around her "Mmm I was...but then I felt you not there so I got up." He murmured in her ear kissing the side of her head gently. He had been in love with her since he first laid eyes on her. He wanted to givr her everything and he just wanted her to be happy.

Max looked over at Jeff that next morning smiling some "Hey handsome, yes I did. Oh okay, I'll join you. I gotta pick up some stuff from the little hobby shop for a shoot."

She smiled a little and squeezed her shoulders up to her chin “Ed! Breathing in my ear again.” She squealed, shaking her head but leaned back against him more. “Go get your shower in babe coffee will be ready soon and then I wanna get your tangles out.” She told him.

He tensed a little but nodded. “Alright. Don’t want you coming in and breaking your back tryna carry stuff though.” He pointed out, getting the juice out the fridge and looked around frowning some. “You think we stole this place from them? By having the extra money?” He asked her seeing as he had heard it enough from disgruntled locals.

Ed gave a small chuckle and bit at her earlobe gently "Mmm you better take some time out of that schedule to let me take you to bed." He grunted before taking off to the restroom.

Max laughed lightly but nodded "Alright fine." She said before making them plates. She gave a heavy sigh shaking her head some "I don't think we did. We didn't know that it was them. This is what happens in the regular housing market."

He frowned and sighed a little. “I still say we get rid of her as well after her outburst. I don’t care anymore how good she is, she’s a liability.” He muttered and sat down to eat, watching her. “Go on. Spit it out I can see you’re dying to disagree with me.” He mumbled, sipping at his juice

She smiled and shook her head a little. “Conditioner!” She called after him, getting settled down on the couch with her book while she waited for the water to finish boiling, getting everything ready on their little coffee table and even got in her phone call with Wayne for the day, smiling as she watched Eddie come out though in just a towel. “You’re playing a very dangerous game there. We don’t have protection and I don’t know where I am right now.” She warned him. They were very aware how much they couldn’t afford fo have a baby and they still hadn’t decided whether or not they wanted to.

Max frowned deeply at his comments "Jeff...we loose her and we loose this farm. She was under a lot of stress. I know you had a reason to get mad about her being late....she hasn't had any other issues. Just give her another chance, if it happens again then we let her go." She said quietly

Eddie came out a bit later in just his towel. He smirked at Carmen and stretched some letting the towel fall "I got a good pullout." He said before moving towards her "Come on beautiful."

She groaned a little and shook her head. “Hold on… hold on.” She muttered, getting one of her big clips and putting his hair up so he didn’t get conditioner all over the place before following him to their bedroom.

He sighed but nodded and watched her. “You are way too nice sometimes.” He muttered, so used to the corporate world

Eddie chuckled some before kissing her gently "Mmm you always take care of me so well." He murmured before picking her up and kissong her deeper. He carried her to their room and dropped her on the bed smirking some "You know how beautiful you are?"

Max sighed some as she watched him "And you have been in the corporate world too long." She murmured before squeezing his hand gently.

He grumbled a little and just shook his head, finishing off breakfast and whistled for the dogs "Come on, let's get them out, I'll help you do dishes when we get back." He told her smiling, frowning when she was still scowling at him "What?"

She smiled and shook her head "You are something else Eddie." she giggled ... She lay with him after to catch her breath before getting up and going to get their coffee finished while he chucked pants on, finally getting him sat on the floor in front of her and put the TV on, getting to his hair, "So Wayne wants us over for dinner tomorrow. He's gonna order in a pizza so we can have a good catch up... I told him about the guy at the Hideout and he wants to talk with you about it first before you do anythign else. I know I'm not a business person but Wayne can talk you through contracts and stuff and I just want things to be good for you not rushing through them cause you're excited." She told him

Max frowned some as she got everything put away. She watched him some and shook her head "I just wish we could both relax and actually enjoy this place." She explained before taking his hand in hers

Eddie sat infront of her afterwards and groaned some "Alright alright I'll talk woth him." He murmured before giving a heavy sigh "I don't see whats the problem though, he looked legit."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back