• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern You Promised to Be Careful

She frowned shaking her head some. She knew what Jorge could get like and having people not believe her never helped. With her mom there or not she felt like she was drowning in everything and she was barely keeping it all together.

Carmen nodded getting Mari in her rocker and watching her while she ate, just letting everything run through her head about what she needed to get done.

Carmen frowned some sighing heavily as she sat downstairs and was putting two Dutch braids in tight as she could so she wouldn’t have to worry about her hair tomorrow looking up when her mom came downstairs but she didn’t say anything. She was busy thinking about and worrying about JD.

Her mom goes over to he and sits beside her, pulling her into a hug. “You can’t start stressing yourself honey. You can only have so much on your plate at once.” She murmurs. “It’s gonna all work out. You got me and dad to fall back on too.”

She frowned some and just stared at the tv. “Mom... with all due respect.... you just don’t know JD like that.” She told her. “And this is not going to go down well once I get him home.” She mumbled frowning. “There are three steps just to get into the house. I need to put a ramp out. And then he won’t like us having our room downstairs.... none of it.” She muttered getting up to go to bed.

Her mother frowns and shakes her head, getting a little frustrated with her daughter. She just lets her go and goes and grabs her purse, heading back to her hotel she was staying at.

Carmen only seemed to get more distant in the days leading up to JD coming home, she was even worse when he finally did get there with a hospital bus bringing him because they had the wheelchair access and she got him inside the house, kissing his cheek and went to sit with Mari after that not really saying anything just sitting there staring at the walls.

JD frowns and watches her. He moves his wheelchair over to her and waves a hand in front of her face. “Hey? Earth to Carmen.” He murmurs and sighs softly.

“Yeah?” She mumbled, picking Mari up and taking her to the kitchen so she could do get the dishes done as well, passing Mari over to him but still not saying much.

JD takes Mari and frowns a little. “Nothing.” He says after a minute and just leaves her alone. He goes back to the living room with Mari and turns on the tv.

“You hungry J?” She called to him. “I can do you a grilled cheese and soup?” She asked quietly, poking her head in the lounge, taking a quick picture of the two of them together. “She’s gonna become a daddy’s girl real quick. Look at the way she looks at you.” She murmured smiling a little.

JD smiles a little at Mari and shakes his head. “I’m not hungry.” He says softly and rubs Maris belly gently. He smiles and leans back in the wheelchair with her.

She just nodded and walked away. She didn’t feel like she was bonding with Mari the way he already had. Home for half an hour and she was all over her daddy. She just felt lost. By the end of the day she still hadn’t spoken much and went to bed right after putting Mari down in hers, laying back next to JD and turning away from him sighing heavily.

JD frowns a little and watches her. He wasn’t sure what her problem was but he felt he was at the core of it. He reaches for his phone and turns away from her, spending most of the night looking up care facility’s his benefits would pay for, looking into at home nurses for him, anything he could think of to get himself out of her hair.

Carmen was up three different times with Mari, writing down everything in the little notebook she had to keep but took her back to their room to feed her and just sat next to JD frowning some while Mari was staring at her dad the whole time. “She likes you better than me.” She whimpered as she started crying.

JD looks over at her and sits up. He frowns and pulls her into his side. “Baby that’s not true. She just hasn’t seen me in awhile. I’ve been in the hospital. She’s curious.” He mjrmjrd snd rubs her side.

She frowned still crying and just watched her little girl. “She smiles at you though. And my mom. And her nurse. She’s never smiled at me. I waited so long to have a baby. And she hates me.” She whimpered shaking some and leaning into him.

JD frowns and holds her tightly. “She doesn’t hate you.” He murmurs softly and takes Mari. “You don’t hate mommy do you?! You love her very much.” He glances back at Carmen and places Mari back in her arms. “She said she loves you a whole lot and she’s just worried about you.” He murmurs.

She couldn’t help it now she just started sobbing and leaned into JD even more, cradling Mari carefully. “I can’t do this. I don’t know what I’m doing Jorge.” She whimpered feeling panicked and overwhelmed with everything that had happened.

JD watches her and rubs her back, not knowing what to say. He knew she was overwhelmed and overworked and he couldn’t do anything about it. He couldn’t even walk anymore. A part of him wanted to be angry at her. He was the one that lost so much. She had only gained a child and kept her husband. He knew it was stupid to be mad at her though. She had a lot going on too. He sighs and kisses her head. “Would it be better if I went and stayed with my mom for a bit? So you don’t have to try and take care of me too?”

She shook her head looking at him freaked out. “No. Please I need you here.... I need to... I don’t know... I don’t know if I’m doing any of this the right way.” She whimpered, shaking a bit still and slowly calming down while Mari has gone back to sleep, taking her back to her crib in their room then lay down again, curling in close to him and holding him tightly.

JD holds onto her once she comes back. “There’s no guid for any of this babe. We just have to get through one day at a time. Al of this is gonna be an adjustment.” He murmurs. “You’re doing great.”

She frowned and just nodded trying to relax a bit. “I... I never expected things to go the way they have.” She mumbled frowning, resting her head on his shoulder and holding him close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back