• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings You Don't Belong Here

Maxx

A Faded Ghost
Do you ever feel like you just wanna scream? For no reason at all? Wishing you could just climb to the top of the highest hill you can find, and screaming until all thoughts fade from your mind, all feeling fades from your body…

Does it ever leave you feeling disconnected, like you don't belong here? Do you look at the people around you, knowing who they are but seeing them as strangers? Feeling like you shouldn't be here…

What if there is a reason for it?

Maybe you don't belong here.

…This idea was developed from a sudden feeling I had. A brief moment of disconnection from reality. I don't know what caused it, but it gave me the idea for this… Heh.

The basic idea, is that our characters all feel like this. Maybe it's all the time, maybe it's only some of the time. They may choose to hide these feelings, but that doesn't change it: they can't just turn their feelings off.

The reason they feel they don't belong? I'm not entirely sure about that yet. My favorite idea for that at the moment is that they're artificial humans. Created in a lab, but tossed out for not being perfect. Having some kind of flaw. They don't know this about themselves, but that's the reason they feel they don't belong. Because really, they don't.

That's just a rough idea, though. If you're interested in this, leave a reply! If you've got any questions, leave a reply! If you've got any suggestions, leave a reply!

If this does generate enough interest, I'll set up everything else. ^-^

CS Template
This is a modified version of CS template made by a good friend of mine. You don't have to fill in every single bit if you don't want to, but it would be helpful still, lol.

Name:

Appearance:
Hair:
Eyes:
Height:
Weight:

Personality:
Positive traits:
Negative traits:

Attributes
Strength: 1-10 (example: 1 is child-like wimpyness and ten is Olympic athlete strength, same goes for the rest of the attributes respectively)
Speed: 1-10
Agility: 1-10
Intelligence: 1-10
Stamina: 1-10
Communication: 1-10

Bio:

Links 'n' Stuff
I'll put the links to the different things here, for convenience, lol.

CS Thread

OOC Thread
-

RP Thread
-

Last edited:
Bro... the ethical ramifications of a corporation not being mandated to physically and programmatically repair all defective sentient products have me onboard immediately. An ensemble of characters, each with a unique 'bug', would be super fun. Or maybe I've just been watching Blade Runner too recently. Either way, I'd at least like to see where this goes!

Bro... the ethical ramifications of a corporation not being mandated to physically and programmatically repair all defective sentient products have me onboard immediately. An ensemble of characters, each with a unique 'bug', would be super fun. Or maybe I've just been watching Blade Runner too recently. Either way, I'd at least like to see where this goes!
Yea all the big words he said I wanna be in it too

I'm interested.
This sounds like it could be fun
Yea all the big words he said I wanna be in it too

It's awesome so many people are interested in this idea! I'll sort out the rest of the stuff in a bit, when I'm a little more awake, lol.

Have you decided in more detail what you're trying to run? Do you want to workshop it first? You could always throw a thread up in RP Discussion and get some ideas. :)

I wrote something up for a character but I want to wait until details are more concrete before I post it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back