• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Yemaya City] (Caelia Barony) – Treasure in Ruins.

Maze Below the City
Country of Ryken, County of Sadek, Barony of Caelia, Yemaya, Maze Below the City
Sources used:
Map Free TTRPG Battlemaps with System-Agnostic Adventures!
Rats Wererat by Raphelt on DeviantArt
Flowers https://www.artstation.com/artwork/NxYL3N

Faynorae Faynorae
slQiMxp.png

Salboros

Ignoring Sariel's question, Salbaros just laughed it off. All of it. So long as Sariel kept looking for the feather, that was good enough. That was all Sariel needed to do or know.

Sadly enough for Sariel... he'd instantly fly into another dead end. Whilst the envious feelings vanished, the plant being far enough way now, the flares of hate were still there. The fact he ran into yet another dead end and had Salbaros laugh like it was business as usual likely didn't help.

However, for a second, it had looked like some people had been going their way behind her. Perhaps they were moving in the direction of the plant? (OOC, map updates are based on what the character knows is there, if folk move around (Aria or others), it won't be updated until the character sees them directly.

RavenSong RavenSong
BeeOtly.png

Aria called out, but wasn't able to keep up with Sariel. Having to guess where he went, she ended up going straight ahead, curing around the path only to eventually run into a dead end as well. She realised she was on her own now, in this maze. Whatever the others were up too or where they were, she had no idea. Had she already failed her duties of keeping an eye on them, in particular on the child? Regardless, standing still wouldn't help her. She'd have to figure out where to go and how to move next.

(Please pick a new starting point and add priorities on direction in order. The first direction (left/right/straight) means Aria will always try heading that way, unless it is impossible to do so, then she will head for the second option.) If that's not clear, hit me up on Discord.)

Valkan Valkan
zlOEvEw.png

As Ryan and Ratnam continued, heading back to the the nearest new path then keep a right (from Ryan's POV), they saw a glimpse of some weird woman flying off, with a weird creature flying besides her. They were too late to catch up to her or ask who she was or what she was doing her, but she definitely hadn't been with the group at the start of this adventurer.

Unable to call out or locate her in time, they eventually kept going right and ended up a yet another dead end... however, there was an odd type of green plant here. As soon as Ryan approached it, he started feeling something. He started feeling envious of all sorts of things. This man behind him, for example. Why did Ratnam get to play the experienced adventurer here, even though he was leading? However, it wasn't just that. He felt envy towards many things. Why did Regula get to lead a barony? She was a smith like him, so surely he should earn his own barony as well. Why did Aria seem to be getting wealth from her father? He deserved getting just as much wealth. This and more feelings of envy kept washing over him the moment he approached this plant.

He wasn't the only one affected.

Ratnam
4aovO5b.jpg

“I finally understand the saying. Youth is wasted on the young. I'd be much better suited to still be at a young a vital age.” Ratnam suddenly stated. He scoffed. “Although even without that, I should've been the one ordering this treasure hunt, not the one partaking in it. I deserve more recognition than this! It's outrageous and...” He stopped mid-sentence, as he notice even his book 'Elly' was starting to drool for some reason.

That's when it clicked. “Perhaps we should move away from this fauna.” He stated, trying to clear his mind of more intrusive thoughts and feelings.

Uasal Uasal | zlexis zlexis | TheTimePiece TheTimePiece
Hg3qXpT.png

As Teuihua tried picking up the gem, he felt a shock going through his entire body. This wasn't exactly a 'zap' of electricity but of magic. It was unpleasant. Highly so. Not necessarily overly painful (although still a fair bit), but mostly as if he got rejected to his very core. He'd be forced to withdraw his hand quickly or feel the feeling of rejection grow and with it start to feel actual, considerable pain. Whatever magic was cast upon this gem worked its way even into constructs like him.

Catgirl
63sAu1H.jpg

Languages: Common | <Beastial>

“Hmmrrrrrr....” The girl was happily purring away from Delta's affection. “Yes, yes, it was really tough to share. I don't get why it didn't work...” She replied, really happy that someone here understood her sacrifice. “Hmrrrrrr.... that's great.... I love it...”

Suddenly, she realised something great! “Oh, oh! What if you pet the gem as well! Perhaps the gem wants to be pet as well~” That had to be it. The only thing that might be as strong a sign of love as sharing your fish with someone was petting them, right? Right? Surely that had to be it. “Hmmmmmrrrrrrr and I'm happy we joined in with you.”

Kenku
nNzFMWU.png

(Ignore the weapon.)
BkUQ2gv.png

Closest source I could find:
https://nl.pinterest.com/pin/789044797200261164/

The bird kid, perhaps feeling a little left out, was just watching in silence. Until he suddenly seemed to have an idea. “Squawk! What if you sit on it! Squawk! Like a mother on her egg! Squawk! That's love! That's love!” These kids were clearly trying to come up with options in their own manners.

Central Street
Country of Ryken, County of Sadek, Barony of Caelia, Yemaya, City Centre
desktop-wallpaper-fantasy-ancient-city-ruins-ancient-city.jpg

Mentions: Ko Orikanyo Orikanyo

Regula Caelia

6nJE2op.png

Alternate art generated and edited based on:
Silva - Granblue Fantasy Wiki

Seeing his tail droop made her feel oddly bad for him. Why did this affect her so much? Perhaps she should seek counselling. Later, however, for now... she just watched as that tail started wagging again whilst the man talked about swords. She was a good enough blacksmith to follow along with description, but honestly couldn't remember all those names for the life of her.

As for his last statement... “Hunting demons?” She grimaced, taking out the Faeblade. “That's what I've got this thing for. Anything that my gun doesn't take down should be annihilated by a single stab of this weapon. It's got the full power of Faewild magic on it.” The weapon stood out, even from other mithril weapons.

[Regula's dagger got mithrilled and made ready for enchantments. The See represent many things. Keeping with theme, their operatives must be capable of and represent many things as well. The mithril of the dagger has a emerald shade of green to it and the handle of the dagger is wrapped in shavings of one of the living life trees within the Fae nation.]

“Anyhow, this type of deal might be too much for you right now. It's expensive and requires some practice. I can put a minor enchantment on your current mithril blade to start practising with enchanted weaponry and forge you a set of two regular paired swords to get your swordsmanship on a level that can keep up with such legendary weapons. How does that sound?”

She purposefully wasn't mentioning the price just yet. Although she was definitely eyeing it. Nearly constantly. At this stage, what would be the point of hiding her desires?

Ryan Kylieth

Ryan jumped at the sight of a lady moving about in the darkness. "Fu...", he caught himself. He immediately started to try to forget about what he saw. By the time he realized, he was met by a plant on the end of a path. Thoughts came to his head unwelcome. Regula's position, Aria's money. Upon sensing these intrusive thoughts coming the forefront of his mind, Ryan tried to focus on something else, but they would continue. A very big one was the fact that if he found that blasted treasure, he'd have to give it away. Nonsense! he should have it all for himself. He could start by... thinning his competition starting with... Huh?... Oh. Yeah, let's get moving. Ryan was a bit concerned of how close he was to shooting Ratnam, though considering it was the plant's doing, he had a good chance to have that gross book on his face.

Movement:
Backtrack to the closest unexplored path, straight, right, left (if backtracking is not counted)

Teuihua
Screenshot 2022-12-19 at 12.22.30 AM.png
Interactions: Elvario Elvario Uasal Uasal zlexis zlexis

Upon hearing 'Sasha' say that, Teuihua nodded. It seemed like the body was not directly connected.

Despite the pain, Teuihua seemed rather determined not to let go of the Gem. If there was anyone there he should be the one who should be able to handle it the most.

"Well this certainly is a most unpleasant feeling, I can confirm."
Teuihua announced to everyone in the room.

"I would not suggest touching it." Teuihua continued, except even with the feelling, even if there may have been an initial pul back, Teuihua was content being in pain. Much of what Teuihua did when he was fighting resulted in pain, getting assaulted by ancient monsters and hostiles wasn't exactly a painless task, so passively feeling pain even that increased in intensity felt relatively tame when he was used to being confronted with situations where it was destroy or be destroyed. He did listen to what the youth had to say, still standing there.

While he tried holding it, Teuihua thought he might as well try the suggestion as unlikely as it sounded. "I will try petting it." He used his hand's fingers to sort of move around the gem in a petting motion to the best of his ability.

"If we are sincerely going to try sitting on it, then I suggest it is not me for my weight I fear would compromise the gem's structural integrity. That one might be riskier to try as well, while this gem is attempting to harm me, whatever kind of magic has to spread over my whole form, so it wouldn't be out of the question that it would only intensify if it was focused on a smaller target so it would need to be done with great caution."

Teuihua said as the thought did come to his mind, even if he didn't have any evidence for it, it was a thought which occurred.

After he tried petting it, presuming that didn't do anything Teuihua would continue to counter intuitively hold the gem, "To my understanding, part of love, is forgiving those who harm you even when it is difficult, and not turning your back on them.when things get hard." Teuihua said, even at the greater intensity, Teuihua wanted to see if one waited long enough if a time of acceptance would come or if it was only designed to get worse, if it started to feel like a genuine threat to his structure then he would need to let go, but for now he'd experiment, with his line of reasoning.

Ko Matatsu

Interactions
Elvario Elvario

"That would be perfect, I thank you..." his bow went down again, the tail seductively wagging and letting it's fluff float in the air, swishing this way then that, seductive like a siren's call for Regula... Sure it wouldn't be too bad? To take a little time to engauge in some petting?

Oh, no, but she must be so ever upright and proper, it'a a reward yes of course... But does she really want to wait? The tail beckoned. Did she really want to wait to get a handful of fluffy tail that just so begged to be touched? Wagging back and forth... This young man was at her disposal, but she only wanted one thing. How cruel she could be... Forcing him to give his santicty for weaponry... How horrid and cruel...

Ko however sat back up, feet folded under him as he waited paitently... He knew better than to interupt a master's work. Lest he be chased with a hammer again.

He did consider Regula for a moment, a noble who is capable in this way must be rare, what drives her beyond certain urges to press herself? It is a conundrum, he fights to earn and learn, heh that rhymns, but... Whats she doing out here...?

"...May I ask what brings you to a dead ruin such as this? Is anything really even out here?" The young man asked his bangs returning to cover his eye once more.

(A new maze part will be up tomorrow.)

Central Street

Regula Caelia

6nJE2op.png

Breath in. Breath out. Breath in. And out. In. Out. Alright. She was ready to focus on her work. After all, she'd been raised well. First you work, then you celebrate or take pleasure. She went about forging the normal manners. The two Katana's weren't the most difficult to make. The only challenge was adjusting them to Ko's level and ensuring they matched one another. Engraving the mithril sword was more challenging, as she was slightly less experienced with enchanting and required more focus with it. The latter she had relatively little off, thanks to her client distracting her. It took her a lot of mental fortitude to carefully and slowly engrave the runes into the blade, but she'd eventually managed to do so. With a deep sigh, she wiped some sweat from her forehead. “Alright, that should be all. Why don't you give the blades some test swings before I sharpen them and test out if you can work with the enchantment on the mithril one? I can still adjust the balance of the swords if needed.” She'd almost wrapped up her part of the deal. Her prize was nearly in sight. Still, her pride as a blacksmith made her wait for her side of the deal to be paid in full and with quality.

She was surprised by his question. “This place is part of my domain now, so it'd be odd not to visit it. I need to know what the people here are facing in order to know how best to help them.” She decided the treasure and flying lessons didn't need mention. “Although now you've got me curious. What have you been up to since last time we met?”

Envy is verdant.

• Interactions ~ Elvario Elvario [Salboros]​

"Aiyaugh!?" Sariel shrieked loudly, probably loud enough for those other folks to hear him, backing up away from the SECOND dead end. "Why must this be so... Augh! Frustrating?! huh? Lame Walls!" Sariel cursed at the wall in front, the face of Dulcifer delicately snarling, "This is bogus! What's the point of flight if I can't just soar o'er these walls, ay!?" He continued to shout with a rough and slightly sweetened tone. Sariel flinched at hearing the demon's laughter.

"Oi, is this funny to ya?!" He'd quickly turn around with a bitter glare stained with crimson eyes, though unfortunately Sariel, it was hard to come off as threatening with such a fluttering disposition. The maidenly grip on his staff tightened, Sariel would be so happy if he could just plough in that creature's wretched face. Unfortunately, he was unsure if that was animal abuse or not and he knew for a fact that he didn't really feel that way. After all, P-tan was giving Sariel an opportunity to wish for his life back.

"Hmph." He'd grunt, with an exasperated sigh as the body's facial expression would soften. "Stop laughing ya gross-out dweeb." Sariel'd state, beginning to flutter back toward a different, however, he'd quickly noticed a different pair entering the dead end he had previously entered, "Fuck no-- Let's skid out. Like... Now." Sariel would quicken his pace, this was the complete opposite of ideal. Unlike usual, he wouldn't really be able to keep up an 'act.' If they were keen, they would immediately be able to tell that he was... Well... Sariel.

Acting like a preppy pretty girl heroine was not Sariel's forte, he'd rather be barfed out. Especially now that he was under the influence of some disgusting red plant particle pollen stuff.

OOC
    Sariel would [Move]Sariel would first [Move] out of the dead end and then take a right and move straight. Sariel would then prioritise moving: Straight > Right > Left.
    slQiMxp.png

~'Delta'~
(Alternate Identity F in effect)
Sasha Leonard
[Adventurer] [Scout] [Kind] - A common Adventurer.
1681788784266-png.1081321
Delta wasn't surprised when the brute force attempt made by the construct failed but she was surprised when he seemingly took damage from the item. To think such a stone possessed enough power to make even a construct as big as he regret his actions. How interesting a find. This maze was quite the treasure trove in and of itself. Between the flowers and now this gem, whoever had created the labyrinth must have been quite powerful indeed.

With the cat girl suggesting one pat the gem and the bird man suggesting one sit upon it, Delta was at a loss for words. Her kind smile even faltered for but a second as she was left flabergasted by the ridiculous suggestions, even more so when the construct took them seriously. Had the plant they encountered before some sort of psychedelic effect that had lingered after exposure? That had to be it, no sensible individual would make such a suggestion surely. Delta was no expert on love, in fact, she was the last person who should speak on such. The only family she had was her twin sister, who was also raised as an assassin alongside her. It was sufficient to say, the two never really expressed such feelings out loud. To do so would be to announce a weakness and that would be a death sentence.

With the construct petting at the gem Delta moved toward it, brushing past him with a curious eye. The message was quite vague but simple. Perhaps the gem only wanted exactly what was written. Perhaps one needed to look at it for face value. "Hmm... how did it go again..." Thinking for a moment Delta maneuvered her fingers to form a heart when her hands were brought together. Directing the symbol or 'sign' toward the gem Delta spoke aloud "I do so love your splendorous glimmer. Please won't you come with me oh pretty gem". The plant most definitely had lasting psychedelic effects. Smiling sweetly Sasha blushed a deep red as her eyes began to sparkle. Of course, it had all been faked and forced but the gem didn't ask for something genuine.

Ko
Interactions: Regula Elvario Elvario

"What have I been up to? Ah, well..." he scratched behind an ear, which wiggled under the scratching. "I was taking a walk. But came upon some ugly situations... A fellah is having a good walk, but things start getting wierd as suddenly, not too far off, I see a guy stabbing a woman! Straight in the stomache! The audacity right? The lady was with a few others so I thought I must've witnessed some sorta noble assassination!

Then the sucker tries booking it past me, well, I wouldn't let that happen right? I don't know the reason but even if your in the right stabbing somebody and making off ain't right. If it was a proper duel he woulda been shamed. But.. Well... It wasn't. So in a second I smashed the flat of my blade into his back.

Thing is, he was moving real fast, wasn't an issue for me hitting him, but he started flying. Got thrown straight into a tree's midst... Which... Started eating him." He paused one that part, looking abit still incredulous about it.

"So... Evil man eating tree, honestly, that was the second thing that wouldn't stand. Some other nobles started showing up... Stary talking and pointing at me as if I did anything wrong. I went up to the tree and cut it down. Real good, too good.

Master did say to be careful with that technique but I wanted it dead... But... Not rip open a hole into some sorta dream scape place.

Long story short I made a new friend in there her name is Paru, shes got a nice cat tail despite being a deer..." he himself was still confused about that one. "And now i'm kinda doing commission work for a noble fellah named Yukan, good fella, Tanuki, big raccoon tail folk you'd like em." He wasn't about to monopolize this woman.

"...I also went with that job cause if that noble was attatched to that assassin.. I could see myself having to deal with one or two of my own. Best have somebody at your back before theres daggers in there right?" He paused to think.

"Oh yea, a fellow canid man purified the area, real powerful stuff, even smelled like a nice guy." He made the final note, as if it were an after thought. "Mithril sword worked wonderfully, and to deflect arrows to... Uhh..."

He struggled to keep his flow... He wasn't much of a conversationalist it seems.

Maze Below the City
Country of Ryken, County of Sadek, Barony of Caelia, Yemaya, Maze Below the City
Sources used:
RavenSong RavenSong | zlexis zlexis

The vote on discord ended up in a tie between revealing more of the side-paths or important locations, so between those two I'll use the option easier on my end, which is revealing more of the side-paths.

As the group had been in the maze for a while, they got more accommodated to its magic and could peer further into the darkness that filled it.

Faynorae Faynorae
DqcXtzA.png

Salboros

Salbaros was not one to stop laughing all that easily. Not even at the threats of Sariel. If anything, he just laughed a little more. He was glad they'd keep avoiding others, which would make things easier.

Sariel was able to move out before the others moved in after him. It looked like he was making good progress, until he ran into yet another dead end. However, this dead end had a surprise lurching at him. An oversized monstrous rat lurched at him from the shadows, forcing Salboros to quickly retreat and hide behind Sariel.

xH1MKH0.jpg

With the creature lurching directly for Sariel's throat, he'd best defend or counter it quickly. Being bitten by this gross thing would likely be bad in more ways than one.

To make matters worse, Sariel soon wasn't the only one that ended up having headed in this direction. (See next spoiler.)

Valkan Valkan Faynorae Faynorae
Y4d1b5N.png
qFhrp86.png

Ryan and Ratnam managed to back away from the green plant before things could escalate even further. Their minds would clear again from the flares of envy/jealousy that'd been forced upon them by the fauna. However, as they made their way through the maze, they'd stumble upon yet another dead end. It wasn't empty though.

Ryan would notice the odd woman from before, having ended up in the same location as her, as she was being attacked by the same type of monstrous rat from before. Ratnam, unable to peer past the corner, could only hear the sounds.

Ratnam
4aovO5b.jpg

“What's going on? Whose there!?!” He called out.

Uasal Uasal | TheTimePiece TheTimePiece
Hg3qXpT.png

Catgirl
63sAu1H.jpg

“Nyaahaha! I told you so!!” She called out to Teuihua after he got hurt by the gem. It was the big iron fool's fault for not believing her.

Kenku
nNzFMWU.png

(Ignore the weapon.)
BkUQ2gv.png

“Told you so! Told you so!” The bird kid echoed.

Petting the gem didn't work, continuing to hold it didn't seem to work either, at least not at first. However, when he continued to hold the gem despite the pain, he suddenly heard a click and stopped feeling pain. The gem had come lose, its magic subsiding. He was free to pick it up and carry it along.

(Any sign of love that the character themselves genuinely believes to be a sign of love directed at the gem itself would work, Delta's later attempt would've worked as well (even if it was faked, she genuinely believed it was a sign of love direct at the gem) if Teuihua hadn't beaten her to it. As for the catgirl's earlier attempt, you might make some guesses of your own first as to what was off with that one.)

“Nyaa! You've got it! Great!” She called out in surprise.

Central Street

Regula Caelia

6nJE2op.png

“A deer with a cat tail? I'd like to see that...” Yes. Out of all that Ko said, that was the first and one thing she questioned. The rest she'd just silently accepted as the type of madness that was out there. “That sounds lovely. I mean, that sounds... like a good person.” She wasn't fantasying about how fluffy raccoon tails might be! Okay, maybe just a little...

Honestly, she didn't get a whole lot of Ko's story. “Well, you've clearly been up to a lot.” That much she could confirm, as she was wrapping up forging the two normal blades. “Try giving those some tests swings. If all is good, I'll sharpen and polish them later. In the meantime, I'll get working on the enchantment going on your mithril blade.” She said, holding out her hands to take over the mithril sword after having handed him the other two.

Come to think of it, there was one more thing she wondered about. “Where did you say this took place again? With so many beast people mentioned, I'm assuming Kuridan? I'd like to travel there one day. Do you think that noble you met there would be interest in seeing if there can be deals made between our domains?” Even with such an alluring prize so close, she was still trying to fulfil her duties as a baroness and blacksmith. That said, the longer wait would only make claiming her prize all the more rewarding later.

Envy is verdant.

• Interactions ~ Elvario Elvario [Salboros & Old Man(Ratnam)] | Valkan Valkan [Ryan]​

"Tsk!?" Sariel blurted out as he came to the next dead end. ".... UGH?! What the hell is-" Before Sariel could continue whining, he'd then noticed some sort of creature hurling itself at him. The thing was... Disgustingly horrific!? "AH!" A shrill voice shrieked out loudly, as Sariel flittered a slight bit back, and wound up his staff. The tip of the staff began to glitter, when it would then suddenly shine with a rose-coloured crimson shimmer.

"死ね!!(shine)" Sariel shouted instinctually, as he violently swung his staff with the intent to get the rat away from him. It gleamed in a glimmering magical power with [Shangri♡La Sketch] empowering the strike. Upon connecting a burst of pink sparkling lights would explode in a small area in the shape of a heart in the place in which it had impacted. With a huff and a puff, whether or not Sariel successfully got rid of the thing, he would flutter back again and hurriedly get ready to continue traversing the maze.

However, "Huh?" He'd let escape him as Sariel would realise and see the person right behind him. However, there would then be the other voice calling out, "Jeez! How'd y'all catc--" Sariel'd stop himself, he couldn't be found out, it'd be way too troublesome. Of course... It was hard to hide, considering how horrible Sariel was at lying or acting, but he'd have to try his best. "Oi!☆ It's dangerous here you... mortal folk, it'd be best if you... uhh... Return to from where you came~! Okay~☆" Sariel stated with a smile, a badly faked smile, but a smile. Hopefully, his voice alone was able to deter them from connecting any dots.

"Anyway--" Dulcifer's wings fluttered, sparkling with a white glow, "Gotta☆Fly, bye-bye!" He'd then begin to fly past the two, pushing them out of the way to squeeze through if he had to. Gliding past the two folks... One, whose name still wasn't known to Sariel was also there behind the other dude, his face had just slightly set something off in Sariel, He fly through the Hall now accented with a slight hint of frustration, taking a right and following a similar path from there.

OOC
    Sariel would [Move]. First, Sariel would move away from the dead end and then straight right down the hall. Sariel would then take a right to move straight up. Sariel would then prioritise moving: Left > Right > Straight.
    qFhrp86.png

~'Delta'~
Sasha Leonard

Delta watched as the Golem indeed did draw the gem from its constraints. So petting truly was a display of true love, go figure. Regardless of how, the group triumphed over the trial before them and successfully retrieved the gemstone. Now all that remained was to venture further into the maze and onward to the treasure that lay within. Delta of course wasn't really in it for the treasure in the first place but one couldn't deny the feeling of excitement finding lost treasure brought up within oneself. Greed was after all a staple of human nature. Granted Delta cared more about completing the quest than coveting the treasure, but she still wanted to see what this treasure entailed.

With that in mind she moved toward the path leading deeper into the maze and motioned for the others to join her in doing so "Well, onward we go I suppose. Calling it quits now would be such a waste. You two kids stick close to me, I don't want you getting lost on me!" Smiling softly Delta was still committed to her alternate identity and the 'Kind' title within. This was a quest from the adventurers guild for the adventurer Sasha. Naturally, she'd have to complete it as such.

In truth Delta couldn't afford to have her alternate Identity as an adventurer fail or fall under scrutiny this early into her official capacity as a member of the assassin's guild. If she were to not only fail her first mission but also blow her cover, well a swift death was not likely to be her reward. The guild had a zero-tolerance policy for failure and Delta knew that all too well. Her biggest threat right now was that guard from before. She could only hope the Baroness could keep her people under control. That old hag, for as much as she was annoying. Was not someone Delta could easily take out. Neither the guard or the Baron.

Teuihua
Screenshot 2022-12-19 at 12.22.30 AM-1.png
Interactions: Elvario Elvario Uasal Uasal zlexis zlexis

Teuihua was pleasantly surprised to feel that the magic the gem had stopped hurting, nor was it trying ot get heavy any longer. That was most definitely a good thing as far as his objective was concerned. Him being there had also reduced the risk of the others getting harmed by touching the gem, so that was probably another bonus, in the case of the youth however it sounded like from them getting harmed again as they had explored. Might have been nice if they were more willing to talk about where they had been already.

Of course this was assuming that the gem would provide some use, he certainly hoped so since they spent all that time attempting to get it. What Teuihua wasn't so sure about was what exact method had worked, was it Delta's, his own, or had simply petting it actually worked like the Neko said? Teuhua had been pleasantly surprised with most of his [beast] interactions on that note between the merchant in Kirkwall and this one, while not exactly friendly hadn't been particularly mean to him. Teuihua was well aware that beasts were not always very fond of constructs by any means regardless, as it had been true even in his time of origin.

"Indeed the gemstone has been neutralized, I shall hold onto it for the time being."
Teuihua announced to the group before turning to 'Sasha' and giving a slight nod.
"It would certainly be in your best interest to stay close to her, I will also once again do what I can to ensure our safety moving forward."
This time as they got on the move again, while Teuihua was going to Follow Dela again for his movement he thought maybe it'd be better if he sandwiched toward the end to keep the ones less capable of combat between the two of them os they were protected on both sides, so if that was possible that's what Teuihua would do, he'd wait for the pair to get close to Sasha presuming they agreed to follow, before he'd take the end cap. For now all he could really do was trust that 'Sasha' despite revealing just how dangerous she was, was going to stay a true and honest ally for the time being at least.

Movement: Follow Delta

Ko
interaction: Elvario Elvario Regula

The young man gave a nod before testing out the two swords... holding them in each hand, he gave forward the mithril piece so that she may work it. He would speak his thoughts on what she spoke of, he had no doubts about it. "Yukan is a negotiator of a person it seems, and one with a good heart, this is a rarity in kuridan as our nobility is typically more martial and glory centered than others. They still have pomp and posturing, but typically through also shows of strength, oft times not their own, but... Well.." he pauses to test the swing, one, then two, one, then two... He breaths deeply then performs a slower version of his other techniques, this time realized with the twinned sword version.

"..Its of no qualms to me if you think about their tails, your no fool to let it conquer you. Unlike many a noble I had seen..." he speaks softly... meaning behind those words deep and full. "Family is also important, but of times, you'll find disowned sons taking up the life I am. their stories are oft similar to one another. Fight for honor, when honor is taken from them. Sometimes they forget honor for coin... Thus they lose the way. its not honorable to threaten or posture, to belittle and cut down like a thief in the night."

"...Err... So I hear anyways." He stammered abit, now raised upon one foot in a stance reminiscent of a crane.

His movements made his tail swirl seductively in the air, but the wag seemed to show his joy with the swords.

"The swords are perfect, something extremely well regarded is mastery in Kuridan, simply put, showing greatness in a craft or path is akin to being labeled a noble. Some may scoff at supposed skill, but if showing proof, such as a masterpiece of a weapon or your own created kit means you gained quite the backing. Gifts are common, but done incorrectly can be shows of fealty which I doubt is your goal...

Unless you aim to become Daimyo under the shogun, such would be unprecedented there has been no human Daimyo in known history... Or at least recorded. But, that said. A gift and show of what you can do is key to winning their eye... Some may not still care, but, any step towards your goal is a winning step." he provided the small knowledge of his country toRegula, before he stopped himself.

"Ah... The Shogun rules the republic, and the Daimyo are under him, they are in general martial forces. Yukan is a rising star, one of many. but he shows promise, as a master of the sword, I know enough to see potential."

Maze Below the City
QkYYEzO.jpg

Sources used:
Mentions: Teuihua TheTimePiece TheTimePiece | Ryan Valkan Valkan | Retili conman2163 conman2163 | Aria RavenSong RavenSong | Sariel Faynorae Faynorae | 'Sasha Leonard' Uasal Uasal | Eleanor zlexis zlexis

We're heading towards the ending soon, so I figured I'd get all of you the entire thing to interact with as you please. Pick a gem/riddle to handle, go fight some rats, meet up with other characters or enjoy some more plant-life. I'd advice to discuss OOC if needed, then to let me know in your posts (or OOC if needed) which of the options you want to head towards and we'll get it sorted. Once the remaining 3 riddles are solved and gems are brought through the mid-top room, the RP will conclude. Hopefully that'll take a round or 2-3 at the most.

Ratnam
4aovO5b.jpg

The woman had barely flown by when his book, Elly, suddenly started … barking? Yeah. That sounded like barking. “Oh?” He question to himself and his book alike. “Alright girl, have at it!” He said, as the book suddenly used some sort of [Nullify] magic, which instantly dissolved the magic that made the maze so difficult to negative. “Good girl, good girl!” Ratnam said, scratching the book's spine. It seemed like his book has attuned to whatever magic was used in this maze to dispel it. Navigating the maze would be significantly easier from this point on, for everyone involved.

Faynorae Faynorae
Sariel defeated the rat with ease. Freaky as it was, it wasn't strong at all. After that, however, he flew into another dead end. Lucky, he'd soon find some of the magic on this maze to be lifted, allowing him to navigate wherever he wanted to go next with ease. Ratnam had looked like he wanted to call something after him, but he'd gotten distracted by his book before he could do so.

Salboros

“The magic! The magic's gone! Quick little angel! Quickly! Quickly find the feather!” Salbaros decided to spur Sariel on a little more.

Uasal Uasal | TheTimePiece TheTimePiece
Both kids were still happy enough to follow along with Delta, still unaware of who she really was.

Catgirl
63sAu1H.jpg

“Nyaa, miss Sasha, do you think we'll get the other gems as well?” She asked, clearly excited by their success just now. She then turned towards Teuihua... “Nyaa, you're not as bad as you look~”

Kenku
nNzFMWU.png

(Ignore the weapon.)
BkUQ2gv.png

Oddly enough, it was the bird who noticed the magic veil/darkness on the maze lifting. “Squawk! The magic! It's gone!” He chirped out excitedly.

The remaining things to do in the maze are, from left to right and from top to bottom;

[1] Blue Plant. Those going near it will start to feel sad/melancholic. They will be reminded of their biggest losses, saddest moments and things they'd grief about most were they to lose them in the future.

[2] PURPLE/PINK GEM – An instruction blow the gem reads 'NOT A SINGLE PERSON MAY CARRY ME' in a language that nobody can read, yet would be magically understood by everyone regardless.

[3] FINAL ROOM – Top centre a room, with four gem-shaped spots and two locked doors. This will be where all the gems need to be brought to complete the RP.

[4] Yellow/Orange Plant. Slightly difficult to spot, directly right of the main room at the top, is a yellow plant. Those going near it will feel happier, ecstatic even. As if nothing could ever make them feel bad again. They're reminded of their fondest memories. (Salbaros would go haywire.)

[5] The two bigger rooms to the top-right contain some ancient crafting tools, in particular methods for ancient manners of enchanting. (It was first intended to be a place to repair the gems, but we'll skip that phase. It's just flavour/lore for now.)

[5] YELLOW GEM - An instruction below the gem reads 'FEED ME THE NON-MUNDANE AND THOU SHALT CARRY ME' in a language that nobody can read, yet would be magically understood by everyone regardless.

[6] Central room. A bigger room in the centre, with three rats in it. Single rats can be defeated by most characters with some combat ability, this would provide a slightly bigger challenge to the weaker ones (those with lower than E grade combat abilities).

[6] Green Plant. A plant that makes you feel envious of all you've seen and heard of. It makes you desire to have what others have, be it wealth, fame, fortune or status.

[7] RED GEM - An instruction below the gem reads 'QUENCH MY THIRST FOR THY LIFE AND THOU SHALT LIFT ME' in a language that nobody can read, yet would be magically understood by everyone regardless.

[8] GREEN GEM – Currently held by Teuihua after the riddle had been solved through keeping a hold on the gem through the pain, which Teuihua believed to be a genuine act of love towards it.

[9] Purple Plant. - A plant that makes you feel lie spoiling all sorts of secrets about yourself, the more hidden you want them to remain, the more difficult it is to abstain from talking about them for long.

[10] The longer room with two altars on the right side was meant to houses some tools for torture. It's just flavour/lore and functions no real purpose.

[11] Red Plant – Got destroyed by Sariel, who now suffers its effects for the duration of the RP. He'll occasional feel severe flares of anger arise, anger at just about anything and everyone.

[???] Singular rats still remain in various places. Most characters can fight them, so I'll allow you all to describe killing some monstrous rats in your own spots, should you desire to do so. Only the centre room has an amount of rats that would be more difficult to deal with to those with lower than E grade combat abilities.

Let me know if this gives y'all a good enough way to wrap things up. Sorry it didn't go all that smoothly. This was an experiment and as such, it had a chance of failure. Plot cohesion, pacing and engagement seemed to drop too much with the gamified maze exploration mechanic. If I were to try this again, I'd have a smaller group and more linear path. If you had other issues, let me know OOC on Discord and I'll keep it in mind as well.

Central Street

Regula Caelia

6nJE2op.png

She listened to Ko whilst carving the runes into his mithril sword. She was glad she could focus on that work, otherwise Ko would've seen an embarrassed blush appear when he told her it was fine to focus on their tails. She had no clue how to understand that 'acceptance' part, but it was good regardless. The rest of his story sounded somewhat personal, but she deemed it best not to pry.

She smiled at the idea of mastery. “That's a good sign. It means I'll have some things to show in Kuridan.” She was [Prideful] when it came to her work. “What is a Dai... daiymo?” That was a completely unknown word to her, even though she knew a fair bit of Kuridan etiquette and culture. His next explanation filled that in, in part at least. “So, they're like his generals?”

She figured she'd keep this name, Yukan, in mind. It'd be good to have some ties to rising starts. That said, she finished up the runes. “There we go, give this a test-run as well. I'll sharpen the blades in the mean-time, now that I know they're good.”

She soon set to work. However, once all that was done, she'd abstained from long enough.

The promised time had arrived.

She'd clean her hands, then look at Ko expectantly.

They'd both know what was about to happen. Upon assuring there was nobody in sight, she would calmly state it. “Well then, I believe that should more than cover my side of our exchange.” She didn't say 'time for you to present yours', but her tone of voice suggested as much. She was eager.

Last edited:
~'Delta'~
Sasha Leonard

Delta made her way through the maze walls, stinking to the left once more. The cat girl seemed extremely enthusiastic now that a gem had been successfully acquired but Delta didn't share that same sentiment. The group had no idea how deep or long this magical maze would go on for. That gem, though it looked valuable, had been found rather quickly. Either the group had been incredibly lucky or the gem was one of several just like it. The latter case would prove to be quite burdensome, for if true the group would likely run into far more dangerous and challenging tests as they progressed. "All the gems? There are others? Do you perhaps know where they are?"

The question very quickly became irrelevant as those following Delta would emerge into a room eerily similar to the one the previous gem had been found in. Though this time around the gemstone inshrined in the table was yellow. Moving to inspect it Delta read the inscription aloud "FEED ME THE NON-MUNDANE AND THOU SHALT CARRY ME". Thinking to herself for a few moments, Delta would lean in close to the gem and whisper to it quietly. Making sure no one else was within earshot "I am an apprentice assassin. I have been trained in the ways of swift, precise, and elegant executions. Though I have only just now become a full-fledged apprentice, I have aspirations to someday preside over the guild as grandmaster. I think nothing of taking the lives of others and would do so without any hesitation was it necessary or beneficial to my situation." Pausing for a second Delta would continue "In terms of knowledge I have trained and studied the weakness of many races. So much so I can instinctually tell where their weak points are with but a glance...". Delta would continue to talk to the gem about not only her secrets but also those secret or rare pieces of knowledge she had acquired during her time in the orphanage. She figured that if the gem wished to be fed the nonmundane it was seeking knowledge. Her understanding of nonmundane led her to focus on her own secrets and knowledge of assassination techniques that were not in general circulation.

Would it work? Only time would tell.

Elvario Elvario TheTimePiece TheTimePiece zlexis zlexis

Ko
0f20385a657e1da82ebe751212723f15.jpg

interactions: Elvario Elvario Regula

All was done as asked... And it was time to pay... Alas... Theres no need to worry... Surely she would be gentle...

Assuming the position... sitting facing away from her, he sat upon both his feet in a crossed legged posture.

His tail was lightly swaying, abit nervous but this was to be expected... he... he simply hoped nobody would come in at this point, it would be extremely awkward to state he was currently satiating a noblewoman's tail lust he offered in return for arms of expert quality... He supposed things were to be as expected... Payment is for work down, and he should be thankful she is not asking for his soul or something...

"Please... A-as you will..."

its... its all for the fancy swords...

He hoped to whatever god was watching, nobody else was.

Title activated: Natural Tailend.

Central Street

Regula Caelia

6nJE2op.png

With her eyes on the prize, she cracked her knuckles. Seeing the man take position made her wonder 'what the isekai hell am I doing' for only a second or two, before her desire scientific interest took over. She'd take his tail in one hand, then press down on the top-most hairs of it with the other. It really did look like it'd been taken better care off, yet she could feel it. This man still had a [natural tailend], fluffy to the touch. Very pleasant. She'd gently stroke downwards, going against the flow of hairs to have them brush along side her hand. For a moment, she wondered when to stop, but when she realised the was taking payment for two good swords and an enchantment, she figured 'go all the way' was a good price. Thus she did, stroking that tall all the way to the base of it and back again. Get all that hair, experience the prime fluff from top to bottom. Yes. This was worth her work. The second hand joined in, fully taking in the prime fluffy texture. At moments like these, she could forget about a lot of her troubles. For a moment, no more concerns about baronies, family, ancestry, weapons, wars... just fluff. Fluff was all one needed.

Once she felt like she'd just about explored every inch of that tail, she finally let up. “I think we've completed our... transaction.” She nodded to herself. “Of course I'd rather you keep this payment method to yourself, but should you so desire, please do mention my craft to this Yukan. Having other nobles appreciate my craft might be beneficial, especially if they're as much of a rising star as you mentioned him to be. Ideally, I'd love to meet him one day.” Honestly, she was using her [Focus B] to talk about this stuff without going for seconds on the tail, knowing that she should overcome her primal desires, at least to some degree. “Of course, I trust you'll known where to find me yourself, should you need an upgrade or repair.” That much... she couldn't abstain from adding.

Ko
0f20385a657e1da82ebe751212723f15.jpg
interactions: Elvario Elvario Regula
Actions: Exit stage left

The feeling was... Fine, really, nice even. He wasn't totally just telling himself that to feel better about selling his tail for weaponry. No sir, he was plenty alright and surely nobody would ever know of... Actually if she does more stuff for others would she... More people would know of HIS involvement in this... But this was nothing wrong!! it was just a petting! Some folks pay for this type of thing right? There is no dishonor!!

No dishonor here!!

Though when she went to the base of the tail Ko let out the smallest, furtive little "Ah-" before a hand cupped his chin.Closing his mouth before that feeling escaped... her hands were soft, skillful... How he felt them was likely close to how he might examine a sword.

Was a tail a sword?!

AAAAH damn it allll!!

His tail couldn't help but wag, lightly boffeting her abit as as quickly as it started, it was done.

"Thankyougoodbye!"

With his swords in a bundle in his hands he took off, face red as can be as he book it out the forge and down out of the ruins... This... This wouldn't leave his mind anytime soon...

It wasn’t very long until Regula got another company as a certain Yakuza Hobo would step into meet with the silver haired blacksmith.

“Excuse me, I’d like to purchase a weapon. A katana please.”

Kai would say in a rather respectful way as he would make his presence and intention known, after all it was better to be respectful to the people that were going to help you out.

Kai would straighten out his suit as he would try and present himself in the usual way that Yakuza did, confident and dangerous, though Kai preferred the more reserved and professional approach to the way he carried himself compared to the more overly hostile and dominant way some of his old company would do so. Though he standing a bit awkwardly as he had pawned off a few items on his person for a considerable amount of coins, he had often times carried a few large suit cases of money for one reason or another, but a bag of coins felt different, it was just one thing or another that reminded him that he got Isekaied to another world.

Elvario Elvario

Regula Caelia

6nJE2op.png

Mentions: Kai Shiyonichi Shiyonichi

She was still basking in the afterglow of her previous exchange, having suppressed a laugh when Ko ran out. This had been one of the better deals in her career. However, just as she was about to clean up and return to the mayor, another man walked in. The way he walked in was instantly taking her back to her youth, when she'd just started out apprenticing for Rossle. She had customers come in just like this. Straight to business, no politeness, no hesitation. Just an order. It was almost nostalgic.

The man looked peculiar though. His clothing was odd, as was the way he carried himself. She approached him close enough (5 ft) to use [Appraisal A] on him. “Hmmm... nothing criminal. Good... wait... you're an Otherworlder as well?” She was surprised. Just how many Otherworlders were there? Were they just able to find her like she was a magnet to them (yes they were) or was the population of them just far higher than she'd expected (no it wasn't).

Anyhow, with him confirmed to be clean, she smiled. “Sorry about that, just ensuring I won't be providing criminals. Nice to meet you sir, I'm Regula.” She figured she'd enjoy the nostalgia a bit longer. There was no need for this man to know that he was dealing with a baroness. “Another Katana... I see. Those are poplar lately. I'd normally give you some samples to sort-out your preferences in weight distribution and materials, but as you can see, this city and forge aren't in the greatest shape, so I don't have my usual tools. Any chance you know what'd suit your style the best already?”

Kai raised his eyebrow in surprise. “An Otherworlder? I suppose I am, are there a lot of us around? Cause ya seem to know about us… Are ya an Otherworlder yerself?” Kai questioned as she exclaimed her surprise.

Kai coughed as she said that about his criminal background, as a Yakuza, he did have a criminal record in the old world, granted his office was one of the nicer offices, he still did have a considerable amount on his rap sheet. He also did kill a man, but that was a traitorous bastard about to gun him down, that was self defense. Besides since god brought him here, he could take that as a sign of pardon… right?

“Trust me while I ain’t someone that follows the laws of governance too closely, I’m still someone that keeps in mind the laws of morality. I’ve got no intent to harm those who aren’t deserving of it.” Kai reassured her leaving out the part that if he acted in a scummy manner, his boss would likely force god to bring him into this world to beat the absolute living shit out of him.

“The name’s Kai, Kai Asakura. Pleasure to make your acquaintance.” Kai held his hand out for a handshake, afterwards he went on to describe what he wanted. He didn’t really have that much money, so he could only really buy an simple steel Katana, though he was interested in the exotic materials like Mythril, beggars couldn’t be choosers he supposed. “I’m going to be asking for function over form and for something simple this time.” Kai went on to specify the weight distribution, which was a fairly average for a Katana, not too far to make it less agile, not too close to trade off a lot of power as well as the length which suited his own height. Overall it wasn’t anything too out there, just a simple weapon that worked.

Elvario Elvario

Regula Caelia

6nJE2op.png

“Yes... and yes.” She replied to both his Otherworlder questions. “Either I'm meeting a disproportionally large amount of Otherworlders, or there are a lot of us around.” She added, still unsure which was the likelier option.

She held back a bit when he brazenly said he didn't care for the law all that much. Having her work used by future criminals was not ideal. His second phrase made some good on it. “Criminal titles only show up if you're committing crimes against a non-monster without any crimes to their own name, so unless someone's messing with them, your morality of only going after those that deserve it should keep you clean, assuming you're careful enough.” It was a good enough reassurance to still be willing to sell to him.

She shook his hand, then made a few notes on what he wanted. It was... very basic. Almost disappointingly so. Still, there was something good about perfecting the basics. “Alright, I should have that made in no-time. In the mean-time though, why don't you tell me how you ended up hear, of all places? Yemaya's ruins aren't the first place folk would visit for a weapon. Did you come looking for treasure as well?”

“Well, I that’s strange to think about, appearing in this world from our old one. I suppose it might be God? I mean the man… being… is pretty shady to admit, from personal experience.” Kai was speaking from personal experience, after all he was basically dropped in Alice in Wonderland with two mentally unstable fae, his feeling were… mixed to say the least. “The being who brought us here might be leading us to meet each other or maybe it’s just coincidence. Though… I’m guessing ya didn’t have wings before ya got here?”

“Ah, that… is different.” So they could be labeled as criminals in their souls? That was… strange? A bit authoritarian to be honest. “I see, thanks for the heads up.” Kai answered sincerely, he was rather new… kinda. With the time dilation effects of the nightmare realm he didn’t know exactly how long it has been. For all he knows he could have been here for hundreds of years or a few seconds, but it didn’t change the fact that he didn’t have very much knowledge of the world.

“Hm… well I got dumped in this world and I met a bunch of warriors who were fighting a few zombies. There was this dog eared guy with black hair and he mentioned going to ya to get his blade worked on and from the blade he was wielding I could tell it was some good work. I don’t really know much of the world, since it hasn’t been too long, so I went with work that I knew would be reliable. That’s why I seeked ya out.”

Elvario Elvario

Regula Caelia

6nJE2op.png

“Truth be told... I... didn't give it too much thought.” Considering the circumstances of her reincarnation, she never really wondered too much about the process. The reason for her death, the start of her new life, trying to do over, that had been her main focus. It still was. “I was just glad I didn't burn in the fires of hell.” She blurted out. Well, that made her sound like she'd committed some atrocities of her own, didn't it? She'd best rectify that. “I mean, the Church was pretty strict back in my time... Most Otherworlders I meet talk about era's that seem far past my own, with a totally different culture. They only seem to know about the Holy Roman Empire from their history books, which is still a weird thought.”

She chuckled at the mention of wings. “Nope, not even after I got here. They suddenly started growing a while ago, after I'd already been here for years. It seems to be relatively normal though, as only a few folk were surprised by such a thing.”

“Black haired... wait, a [beast] man? What coincidence. You just missed him.” As she said it, she realised how bloody close that had been. Imaging this guy running into what she'd been up too with Ko... She really needed to be even more careful. Perhaps she could hire someone trustworthy enough to stand guard? This had been way too much of a close call.

That said, she was curious. As she pulled the heated blade out of the furnace and started hammering down on it, she couldn't help but ask between swings. “Did this man mention anything else about me?” For one, had Ko revealed anything about their payment..? For two, had he really not even mentioned she was a noble..? Wait, did Ko even know that?

Huh, church huh… I guess that’s a pretty common issue with…” It was Kai turn to be surprised. “Holy Roman Empire…? Guess I’m not an exception to that either, I’m from a few centuries after, from a country called Japan. That is really odd to think about how two people from such large gaps in time periods are meeting.” Kai commented.

“Ya grew wings… and that’s normal? I mean I’ve got a regeneration factor ever since I got here, ya don’t think I’m gonna grow a lizard’s tail or something?” Kai deapanned.

“No, not really he didn’t mention anything else, we really didn’t talk much, I just overhead about ya as a blacksmith and not much after that.” Kai answered her, before coming to a completely different conclusion, that perhaps she was interested in hearing what Ko thought of her in a romantic sense. As that’s usually what a person would ask about their crush to a separate party, but Kai held his tongue about his misunderstanding, after all that would be quite rude to get involved in a love life or someone he just met.

Elvario Elvario

Users who are viewing this thread

Back