• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Yemaya City] (Caelia Barony) – Treasure in Ruins.

~'Delta'~
1681788784266-png.1081321

Having her hair suddenly pulled back was uncalled for, having a knife then pressed against her throat was completely out of order. Honestly, did this guard just have a thing for being rough with women? Talk about an impropriate response! And the oh-so-cruel remarks that followed, why it almost made Delta want to cry! That last bit, that was sarcasm. In actual fact, Delta couldn't have cared any less about the woman's opinion. Though, it was a fair assessment to say Delta wasn't yet cut out for an assassination attempt on the Baroness, let alone any noble. But come on, did she have to be so rude about it? The agony!

As the trio walked along with the child in tow, the guard began to ask Delta questions. Questions she felt were a bit unprofessional. The guard was yet to ask her anything about the quest she had taken up, to ask her about the treasure. And here she was asking about her personal life and of her life choices. Rude. Just what was this woman's problem? "Don't you carry out those contracts of death yourself? Wiped out a bandit camp or two, slaughtered a mercenary group here and there, oh or like you know sent people to the chopping block? I bet they all scream, some probably even beg for their lives. You're quite hypocritical. Does that come with the age or?"

With the group coming to a sudden halt, Delta turned her attention to the large group that had assembled. Though it was rather strange in composition, ultimately it mattered little to the woman. That was until the marshal stood aside and introduced Delta to the Baroness. GREAT! Nice. Wonderful. Just announce my alternate identity to the whole world why don't you? Weren't old people supposed to be forgetful! What a truly unfortunate start to the day.

Standing with a slight slouch and bored look about her, Delta's focus shifted from the old hag to the Baroness. With her hands bound behind her back, she couldn't really offer a wave. But suffice it to say she would have. Speaking in a relaxed and casual tone that made it almost seem as though she weren't currently under arrest and facing a possible execution, Delta offered a greeting "Yo, what's up?".
RavenSong RavenSong Elvario Elvario Faynorae Faynorae

Last edited:
What a large group of people.

• Interactions ~ Elvario Elvario [Salboros] | RavenSong RavenSong [Aria] | Uasal Uasal [Delta/Shasa]​
    Sariel was quite impressed by Salboros's knowledge. He was mostly impressed by anyone who knew something he didn't. Maybe it was a bit narcissistic of him, but he always thought of himself as the smartest person in a group... And it was mostly true, since usually he used to hang out with highschool dropouts or people who barely know how to calculate simple mathematics and has the diction of a 3rd grader in everything but vulgar phrases. Either way, all in all, he was full of himself.

"(Hm. Odd thing ta' name your kid.)" Sariel whispered back, looking up to take note of where the heck he was going right now. It was nice to see that the Granny woman accepted her fate. Sariel was pleased to learn that she was indeed an old wrinkly grand woman. Other than that... Jeez, she was cruel as all hell. I mean, Sariel expected policefolk to be like that, but still. Okay maybe it wasn't as cruel as forcing someone to cut off their pinky to show their loyalty, but still. Sariel would stare with disapproval. He did not particularly like... preppie folk. A preppie old wrinkly grand woman with a sword. "Gag me with a spoon." Sariel murmured to himself with a grimace.

Sariel perked up when he heard the suspicious supposed assassin woman speak, his eyes were suddenly sparkly, "Wiping out bandit camp, y'say? I did that a fer-" Sariel shut up, realising that bragging about THAT would mostly likely give away his identity... If he were to show it. He was just an unassuming child. A totally normal unassuming child. "I did... HEAR... About something like that happenin' once," Sariel tried saving himself, avoiding eye contact. His voice was a bit... shaky. Nervous. "H- Heard that a super pretty heroine wearing a white dress came and like... Totally saved a town. That was being held hostage by a bunch of grody bandits! Y'know?" Sariel continued.

"Anyway! What I'm sayin' is, that you should totes give up bein' an assassin Miss Assassin, 'cause like everyone knows folk who kill fer dough are like major green and purple signs," Sariel explained, "A magical superheroine might come fer ya and beat ya' into pulp! (If yer not gonna be beaten into a pulp by that granny.)" The child claimed in a very slightly threat giving manner. He turned away and continued to awkwardly walk. Nailed it, the child to thought to himself.

That was when they suddenly came to a halt in front of the 'Baroness.' Otherwise known as, Pigeon Wings Old Lady Number Two. She was probably older since she had longer hair. Everyone knew that folk with longer hair were older. Actually, longer hair made people seem younger... Maybe she was trying to mask her elderliness? Sariel stared, thinking. Baroness was just another term for boss right? That meant she was the hoity-toity fancy-pants big shot around here. She was probably a total kusogaki to the max! No good at all.

What stole Sariel attention was the large mecha looking thing. It wasn't particularly mecha, but it looked like that to the uncultured kid. It was so cool. So big, and powerful looking. Sariel wondered if it'd be fun to stand on. He stared in noticeable awe. Once he realised his awestruck, Sariel cleared his throat looked away and began to take note of whatever else in the vicinity. Jeez, it would be embarrassing if he acted like how he did with the that tank. Other than the large golem thing, Sariel also noticed some guy with boring as heck clothing and red hair and another guy with cooler clothing and pointy ears. Why was everyone so tall? Sariel was jealous.

His clothing didn't match the situation either. This bright pink hue... It was nice, but with all these browns, blues and greens, Sariel felt a bit too... Eccentric. Jeez, where and when will he find a better pair of clothing that wasn't all lace, frills and bows? He wanted to look like a cool camper kid with a giant leather backpack and a fluffy poncho not some sort of poor princess who can't afford a skirt long enough to cover her ankles.

While looking down in shame, Sariel would come to notice another person between the crowd. A dwarf? Someone shorter than him. They definitely weren't a kid. They had a beard... Maybe a really old faced child? Sariel stared absolutely befuddled. "(Psst! You-)" Sariel looked slightly down at Salboros, "(Do you like know... What.. uh--)" Sariel pointed to Retilli, "(What that person... Thing... Is?)" Sariel asked, whispering as softly as he could while still being hearable.

Retili Loxinofican
Character Sheet
Elvario Elvario Uasal Uasal Valkan Valkan TheTimePiece TheTimePiece RavenSong RavenSong Faynorae Faynorae

Retili bowed his head respectfully to Regula. "As you say Lady Caelia, one must strike the balance between the norm and ideal, but I would caution you against not granting writs. It could save you a headache later in your reign as baroness if you do so now. I would advise that you do so, but mine is only advice of course." Retili fell silent as they made the rest of the walk into the city. As Retili saw Aria and Hera come into view with someone in bonds he examined the group. [Perception E, Insight E, Empathy E] [Reporter] A child was trailing behind carrying... a doll? The girl that was being lead by Aria seemed to be casual despite being bound and under guard. Hera and Aria both seemed much the way Retili knew them. The Zentox examined the whole group for a moment longer before he looked past them at the child who he noticed was staring at him. He fixed his piercing red eyes on them for a moment and really tried to take in every detail about them even as Aria explained where the prisoner came from. When Delta spoke up however his attention snapped to them. An impassive look came over his face but a commanding tone entered his voice. "You are speaking to Baroness Regula Caelia and will be respectful. You're already in enough trouble as it is without offering insult." [Persuasion E]. Then as quickly as his attention came it was gone, and he stepped past Delta and Hera to look at the child. "What is your name?" The child was taller then he was, but if that bothered him he didn't show it.

Teuihua
Screenshot 2022-12-19 at 12.22.30 AM.png
Mentions: Elvario Elvario Uasal Uasal Valkan Valkan RavenSong RavenSong Faynorae Faynorae zlexis zlexis DuckPrince DuckPrince

"After seeing what they did that would be a most appropriate response Baronness." Teuihua replied glad to hear that she'd deal with the threat should it show up again. Teuihua wasn't even sure what the ratmancer had intended to accomplish during the reign of destruction on the village. Either way Teuihua felt confident that Regula would be more than capable of defending her land.

Teuihua was pleasantly surprised to hear that Regula was open to him inviting Hathaway to visit. Presumably he could get into contact with him again, that would certainly be a nice thing to do. "I will keep that in mind too, I believe that Hathaway would enjoy meeting you and seeing your Barony. He was more than willing to help those in need and I appreciated the selfless actions shown.
---

By the point they entered the Yemaya street, Teuihua was very vigilant. He took in the scene before them, from the onlookers no doubt whose attention he had gotten as perusual. At the very least he wasn't seeing any one who was obviously upset to see him there, unlike the open hostile looks he had no doubt garnered at their last visit until he got the bell which he now possessed. Teuihua did not have too much to say on the many people around them he was more interested in accessing any potential threats to the Baroness or people to help/anything that was relevant to the mission at hand.

Teuihua rotated his head to look at each figure who was in his sights, keeping a proximity very much like a bodyguard would to Regula. When Teuihua saw Delta in the positon she was in with Aria and Hera, he could only assume she was someone being brought into custody with the way she was being handled, something which Teuihua was very familiar with.. As a result the golem would keep a special eye on her. As far as Teuihua was concerned anyone who was being held like that was a potential threat no matter what they looked like. Being a construct Teuihua had the added benefit of being able to remove a many emotional biases which a human might possess about outward appearance if he so desired and remain extremely objective when the time called for it, even if it made him feel bad, his primary function took priority regardless of how he might personally feel and that may very well mean subduing targets which he felt badly for.

On the plus side he was glad to see the familiar face of Aria however since that was a good sign that she had been on task where she needed too while she had been away from the rest of the group. Teuihua also took notice of the two Yemaya locals, even with their somewhat eccentric appearances as far as Teuihua was concerned they did not look like they intended to be threats.

Teuihua also took note of Eleanor who promptly introduced herself and then fell over. Under normal circumstances Teuihua may have made his way over to offer her a hand up, but there was no way he was about to leave Regula's side when there was quite literally a criminal right there who now Aria was confirming, instead he gave a verbal
"Are you okay?" in her direction after she got up and said her bit, not taking his vision away from the criminal at hand. Teuihua moved his gaze in the direction of Salboros and Sariel. If he was quick enough to see the looking at him he gave a bit of a small friendly wave, toward Sariel, while keeping his focus on the criminal. If he wasn't on high alert at the moment with the current development he might have felt comfortable paying more attention elsewhere. Teuihua also had to agree with Retili once more on this, Regula needed her due respect from the people here.

Central Street
Country of Ryken, County of Sadek, Barony of Caelia, Yemaya, City Centre
Weather: Sun shining brightly. Time: 11:10
desktop-wallpaper-fantasy-ancient-city-ruins-ancient-city.jpg

Mentions: Teuihua TheTimePiece TheTimePiece | Ryan Valkan Valkan | Retili conman2163 conman2163 | Micah DuckPrince DuckPrince | Aria RavenSong RavenSong | Sariel Faynorae Faynorae | 'Sasha Leonard' Uasal Uasal | Eleanor zlexis zlexis

Regula Caelia

6nJE2op.png

Alternate art generated and edited based on:
Silva - Granblue Fantasy Wiki

Regula looked around at everyone that had gathered. It was a fairly big crowd. However, among them was also her target, Hera. She needed to talk to the scout in private, sooner or later, but before she could even ask, there were a fair few other things to deal with.

The most pressing of those things was what Aria was telling her. She had to resist going in for a hug and asking Aria how things had been with her father with a fair bit of effort, instead trying to play along with Aria's sternness. She quickly failed, by being unable to greet Aria with anything less than a heartfelt; “I'm glad you're back. followed by a slightly concerned “I hope things went well?”.

After those two slip-ups in sternness, she was quick to get more serious, getting closer to the assassin. “An assassin, you say? How peculiar.” Regula figured she needed a better look, using [Appraisal A] backed up by secondary knowledge.* What she spotted was rather interesting. The casual greeting Delta gave her almost made her chuckle... almost. She managed to swallow it, allowing Retili to reprimand Delta instead. Regula knew she needed to be more strict as well, yet there were a few minor issues with being too harsh on the girl. “Although the fact that she's an assassin is a little unnerving, as I'd hate to see someone in my domain fall victim to one of them, she's currently clean when it comes to titles. That could mean one of three things, first that she's got someone backing her that can help her avoid gaining titles, second that she's only killed other criminals or monsters thus far, or third, that she's a total beginner.”

She clicked her tongue. “Having such a sketchy profession alone shouldn't ban her from joining the quest that was put out, not if she's not shown to be an actual murderer, so her only confirmed crime is trying to fool the guards by using a fake identity. I'd say we keep a close eye on her for now, but let it slide. Although I would like to know more about those mithril razor wires. Those are fascinating. Also...” She leaned in close enough to whisper into Delta's ear. “If you manage to avoid angering me and grow strong enough, I might even have some work for you. However, if I ever notice that one of mine got as much as hurt, let alone killed by you, you'll find out that I can be very persistent in settling scores.” She spoke, using [Baroness' Word A] to put some weight behind those words. That said, she figured she'd offer a carrot, after the stick. “Although it's a waste for a pretty girl like you to be in such a business. Why not join the Adventurer's Guild for real, or better, work for me instead?” She spoke, using [Baroness Charm D], in particular regarding the 'pretty' part of that statement.

Having whispered all that, she straightened stepped back again and nodded towards Aria. “You can release her, but do keep an eye out, just in case.” As she confirmed it, she did pay close attention to one thing regarding Delta. Delta had been pretty casual, but surely she'd been scared at some point, right? She tried using [Insight B] during the previous Baroness Word to see if Delta had been scared below the surface and would now see if she could spot signs of relief from being released rather than executed.

With that settled, she turned to the group as a whole. “My apologies for the late introduction, but I am Baroness Regula Caelia, it's a pleasure to meet all of you.” She stated, looking at the ones she didn't recognise in particular, that being Eleanor and Sariel. Before she could continue, someone else addressed the group...

*(Blacksmith B, Enchanter B, Culture B, Etiquette B, Focus B, Insight B)

A Grade CD's (0/5)
Baroness' Word A – Character Grade A, Appraisal A, [Baroness of Caelia] title, Culture B, Etiquette B, Insight B, Leadership B, Persuasion B – Using her position as a baroness and her social prowess, Regula studies, convinces, inspires or otherwise engages in social conversation. - Grade A – 5 Post Cooldown.

D Grade CD's (0/2)
Baroness' Charm D – Character Grade D, Appraisal D, [Baroness of Caelia] title, Persuasion D Seduction E – Using her position as a baroness and her social prowess, Regula attempts to charm someone into being more agreeable. - Grade D – 2 Post Cooldown.

Mister Benjamin
kZC6qdu.jpg

“Truly, is there not a single gentleman among you?” He shook his head, before heading over to Eleanor and offering a hand to get up and a handkerchief to wipe away the dirt with. “There you go ma'am, I hope you are unhurt?” He checked it himself, but it looked like she was fine, just a little muddied. He turned to the group again. “At least our metal chap here had the decency to ask her if she was alright.” He nodded in Teuihua's direction.

Then he turned to Regula. “Either way, forgive me ma'am, I'm Benjamin. Some call me mister, some call me sir, some call me mayor. In the end, I'm just a humble combat butler who decided to try taking charge when nobody else did.” He paused a little, before adding a part. “Of course, with your blessing, I'd be happy to proceed or stop, whichever you desire of me.” Then he turned to Aria. “It is nice to meet you as well, Marshall. Thank you for helping us out.”

Salboros

Salboros silently giggled when Sariel confirmed the name Delta was weird. The next thing Sariel muttered made him giggle as well. “A spoon? A soup-spoon? A teaspoon? A ladle?” He cheerily inquired. A snap could be heard when Salboros turned his head a little to get a better look at Retili, after the question from Sariel. “It's a midget. A Fae midget. A magical Fae midget. A small magical Fae midget!” Honestly, Salboros didn't exactly know what type of Fae Retili was either, but that wasn't something that Sariel needed to know, as with some Deception F, he could sound like he totally knew exactly what he was talking about.

Thanks to Retili's perception and focus on the newcomers, which included Sariel and Salboros, he'd pick up on the odd movements from the head being turned towards him. He wasn't close enough to hear it whisper, but it did look like its mouth was moving for a bit as well. Added with some insight and empathy, and it was safe to conclude that the doll had some creepy and odd vibes to it for sure.

???
4aovO5b.jpg

The square-looking man turned around, finally checking out the group. “You're all here for the treasure, then? Good, good.” Suddenly, his book opened its maw and started drooling. “Elly, bad. Close it.” He said, trying to close the book's maw. “Sorry, she gets a little excited when the T-word is mentioned.”

Without introducing himself, he continued. “Well, we're wasting daylight. Please follow me. I've located the likeliest place of entrance for the chambers that hold our T-stuff. I'll lead you there right away. Meanwhile, how about you all share some names and talents and whatnot? Makes it easier to work together.” The irony of him asking others to introduce themselves to each-other whilst he himself completely seemed to forget it was hanging thickly in the air as he started leading them through the ruined city, towards where the former noble's district had been. Everything was still in ruins, but the ruins here were increasingly fancy looking. (For those wondering, Benjamin is staying behind.)

Regula Caelia

6nJE2op.png

Regula's chance to be alone with Hera arrived earlier than expected, as the rather square man with his odd 'book' thing was ready to lead everyone away. She turned towards Aria. “Could you perhaps go with them to keep an eye out? I'd like to discuss some things with Hera in the meantime.” She turned to the others. “I won't be joining you, but I wish you all good luck.” She stated, planning to wait for them to have left and being out of hearing range before she'd discuss what she was here for. Aria might probably be able to guess it though.

(Feel free to have some IC conversations/introductions for this round. If you don't need NPC's or the 'scene' itself to react, multiple posts are allowed.)

Sariel is not a stupid person. But...

• Interactions ~ Elvario Elvario [Salboros/???(Tentacle Man)] | conman2163 conman2163 [Retili] | Mentions ~ zlexis zlexis [Eleanor] | TheTimePiece TheTimePiece [Teuihua]​
    Sariel felt violated by Salboros's next few statements. Did he not know what he meant by 'Gag me with a spoon?' It wasn't literal, it just meant he found something unpleasant. Wait, of course, he wouldn't understand that! It's slang from... From... Where did he learn it from in the first place? Sariel couldn't really remember, or was it rather that he had been slowly forgetting? No! No thoughts like that, remember! High spirits, heart of fire, nothing's gonna get in the way of my aspirations.

"A chocolate spoon," Sariel replied nonchalantly. Saying that made Sariel realise; "Jeez... Speaking of chocolate could totally go for some right about now." The child mused, speaking his mind out loud. The fake doll had succeeded in its deception since Sariel didn't know any better either way. After all, he didn't care much for this world to pay attention to its fantastical. He just wanted to go back 'home.'

When Teuihua suddenly waved at him, Sariel couldn't help but feel excited. He felt stoked to the max. Was this how it felt when your favourite celebrity shook your hand? Sariel would cherish this moment forever. The moment a super cool golem thing waved at him. This was major awesome. The child's attention would be quickly diverted back to reality when the weird small magical fae midget man spoke to him.

Sariel honestly didn't know how to address the thing. His general rule of thumb was 'If it's shorter than me, it's a kid,' which was usually true since previously and as of now, the average girl was taller than him, and 'If it has grey hair, it's ancient. Old.' Now, he was faced with something shorter than him, had grey hair and a beard. Numbers were flashing past the child's eyes. The child cleared his throat, straightened his face and took a short breath.

"Oi, y'know it ain't great manners to ask someone's name when you didn't even greet them, yeah?" Sariel said bluntly, staring at Retili with a not-so-approachable expression. "Anyway, it's Sariel." The child stated, tightening his hold around Salboros. Meeting new people was uncomfortable for the child. Why could there be someone he at least knew a bit more about other than their name? Well, he was apparently meant to know Aria, but she seemed kinda... Scary? Like a P.E Teacher who would chase you to the end of the earth if they noticed you were skipping class and not actually going to the bathroom like you said you were. Yes. She was that type of scary. Not someone Sariel would get along with.

Sariel stared at the old fart called Bensomething or whatever. He chastised the group save for the golem thing for not helping up the lady in the green dress. She seemed like a total space cadet. A ditz. Tripping on your own dress? Sariel would never. (Excluding the fact that he can't fly properly or walk in high-heels properly as Dulcifer). Either way, though it's nice to be worried about, even if it's by complete strangers, a girl her age didn't seem to need the help of any 'gentleman.' She can stand up for herself! Mud never hurt anyone! Sariel scoffed at the sight.

Sariel probably was only agitated by the comment the old fogie made. Benjawhatever probably wouldn't even consider the young child considering he looked like any ordinary little girl. If he was in his normal body, Sariel would show that old fart! He would've been the GENTLEST man in ALL existence! The Yamato Nadeshiko amongst men!... Wait- No, that contradicted his beliefs.

THE GENTLEST MANLIEST MAN IN ALL EXISTENCE. The child's eyes shone as if they were set aflame. He was thinking about something. Probably something stupid. Shaking his head, Sariel would snap back to reality when another old fogie appeared. Some weirdo with a tentacle book. Sariel stared with utter disdain. "Grotesque out the door." Sariel said to himself with disgust. He didn't know what to say. It was just... Ew. He'd follow along, after all, he was here for the treasure as well.

"Oi! 'Scuse me, old man!" Sariel called out, raising up his hand on instinct as if to ask a question in class, "Y'know, it's great if we all introduce ourselves and stuff, but like, ya' totally forgots tah tell yer' own name." Sariel pointed out as he followed along. "(Like am I supposed to call you Takotako or somethin-)" Sariel murmured, lowering his hand.

Ryan Kylieth

Too lost within his own world, Ryan barely noticed they had arrived. With his head cast down, he wasn't witness to most things that have been occurring since their arrival. He barely caught on a couple of names. But his call to attention was the device the mayor was holding. "Interesting work you got there." He complimented the peculiar crossbow, adding "Did you make it yourself?" His mind managed to get a break from Aileen, thanks to thinking of the forge, as usual. Doing or talking about his or others' craft was his key to act more open.

It was then that Ryan realized he was being somewhat rude "Ahem... Apologies, sir. I am Ryan Kylieth, a blacksmith from Stonewall. Since I am with the Baroness' party, feel free to guide me if the help of a blacksmith is needed" he concluded with a bow of his head.

Retili Loxinofican
Character Sheet
Elvario Elvario Uasal Uasal Valkan Valkan TheTimePiece TheTimePiece RavenSong RavenSong Faynorae Faynorae

Very little that was going on around him registered. He was going to go with the group of course, but the thing that the child carried was very obviously not the stuffed animal that they wanted them to believe it was. Not that they had just come out and said it, but from the way they held it the ruse was made quite obvious. Clearly the child didn't quite know what to make of Retili as he was examined in return. He could practically see the smoke rising from their ears as they struggled to comprehend him. A faint smile touched the usually expressionless lips of the Zentox. He was used to people being offput by his appearance enough now to recognize the pattern. Although, it happened less often now that he had changed physically. His black sclera highlighted the change all the more now.

The child, as he examined her, reminded him of the daughter he had a very long time ago. [Empathy E, Insight E, Perception E] She had been similarly spunky when met with strangers. The thought reminded him that he missed his family, and that they were very likely dead and buried now. Retili spoke in a friendly tone. "I'm sorry for my poor manners, My name is Retili, it is nice to meet you Sariel." He indicated the thing that was masquerading as a stuffed animal in her hand. Now that he had a moment he thought that perhaps the creature was attempting to hide using the child as a ruse. Children could be very easily manipulated after all. "What's your friend's name?" [Persuasion E] He asked, the genuine smile on his face as Retili attempted to make his body language more readable for the child.

~'Delta'~
(Alternate Identity F in effect)
Sasha Leonard
[Adventurer] [Scout] [Kind] - A common Adventurer.

Delta wasn't all that bothered by the short Fey or his scolding words. Though what he said rang true, to Delta there was little point in showing the woman niceties or respect. Either the woman would have her executed or freed and that would be final. Kissing the metaphorical ring was not how Delta saw herself acting in her final moments. Besides, she hadn't committed any crimes, her identity as Sasha was totally legitimate if only misleading, she hadn't harmed or killed anyone and it was in fact the Baroness' personnel who had resorted to insult and savagery first. Delta had already tried being polite.

This was all such a hassle, how boring. Eyes coasting to the surroundings Delta at least tried to keep herself entertained. But the Baroness, surprisingly, managed to catch her attention. Looking back toward the winged woman, Delta's bored expression shifted to that of a subtle grin. With how quickly she assessed the possible reasons why Delta remained criminal title free, it seemed the woman was more calculating than she seemed. A thought that was only further reinforced when the Baroness then supported the fact Delta had done nothing extreme enough to be treated in such a way. It also helped that she complimented Delta's razor wire but that was just the icing on the cake.

What happened next though, was very interesting. Leaning in to whisper, the Baroness offered Delta a rather interesting deal and a word of warning. So this was her angle? How cunning. By releasing Delta now, the woman had created a hook. With the Baroness and her Guard knowing Delta's alternate Identity, they had leverage over her, leverage that would only grow as her reputation did too. How clever. How annoying. And as if to add insult to injury what followed such a declaration was a flirtatious line about how Delta was too pretty to be an assassin. Well, that went both ways, wasn't the Baroness far too beautiful to be a hero who had seen the scars of many a battlefield? Noble women were such a hassle to deal with.

That all said, Delta could help but chuckle quietly to herself. This whole situation had taken a turn she hadn't expected. How comical, it would seem she had a lot yet to learn.

When the Baroness finally spoke of her release Delta wasted no time in waiting for the old hag to release her. Instead with a subtle wrist movement the binding was cut cleanly and fell to the ground thereafter. Not many would have been able to see what had happened but to those of very keen eyesight or those who knew of her weapon type, it was clear. A very thin wire had, in one swift motion, cut the leather brace from beneath it. It seemed Delta had been ready and able to escape her confides at will.

Moving to rub her wrists, Delta shot Aria a smug grin, a silent insult to the woman's efforts. Though in fairness what kind of guard doesn't disarm their detainee before transport? Perhaps it was old age making her forgetful of the protocol.

Returning a glance to the Baroness, Delta offered her a few parting words. Though her demeanour changed quite drastically from before. Offering the woman a bright smile and curtsy, Sasha spoke with a joyful and playful tone. "I'll have you know, I am a fully-fledged member of the adventurers guild. Though but a humble scout m'lady my name is Sasha Leonard. If I'm to remember and honour your words, it'd only be wise and right for you and your people to remember mine.". Laughing softly and awkwardly, Sasha blushed deeply before waving her hands sporadically in a panic "I.I. I don't mean to be rude M'lady... I'm so terribly sorry. I hope you'll forgive me. I'm just not used to the manners one might need to display before such an impressive person like yourself.". Moving her hands to her cheeks, Sasha curtsied again "P.please excuse me, I'll be taking my leave.".

Passing close to Aria, Sasha moved to join the chubby dwarf leading the expedition. A pleasant smile plastered upon her face and her body movement was floaty and delicate in nature. Almost skip-like. "My name is Sasha, a scout. I'll be in your care mr."

With an Insight of B it was easy for Regula to asses what it was Delta had been feeling during the whole ordeal. It seemed, despite what the Baroness had suspected, Delta had not once felt scared nor relieved during throughout the happenings of their interaction. It seemed her training as an assassin's apprentice truly had made her unafraid of death. Either that or it would take a lot more than what had happened to spook her. The one thing Regula could tell, above all else, was that as opposed to being scared, Delta had truly been bored. Then Intrigued by the offer of work and maybe even a little flattered when subjected to the Baroness' flattery. One last thing the Baroness would pick up on though was the fact, Delta had made a display of braking free not only to show the baroness her razor wire as a gesture of good will but also to insult Aria who had failed to properly restrain her.

Elvario Elvario RavenSong RavenSong zlexis zlexis TheTimePiece TheTimePiece conman2163 conman2163 Valkan Valkan Faynorae Faynorae

Last edited:
Eleanor Katsanis

Eleanor (2).png

As the kind mayor pulled her up from the mud, Eleanor heard the giant, or "metal chap", address her, asking if she was alright. At first, she was taken aback that he could talk, but out of the entire group, the fact that he was the only one to ask about her well-being filled her with lightheartedness. From a distance he was large, but now that she was up close, she saw how intimidating his stature was.

She gave a timid, "Yes, yes I'm okay. Thank you." Like her mother always taught her, she gave a small curtsy to the giant and gleamed upwards. She decided to take the stout man's advice, and took a chance, "May I ask what your name is, and your reason for being here? I've already stated mine, and it'd be an awful shame to go without yours."

Eleanor glanced at what the giant had his unwavering attention towards, and her heart skipped a beat. She saw the group surrounding the bound prisoner, who seemed blank in expression and looked upon her captives with indifference. An assassin? That cute girl? Timidly, Eleanor sidestepped around so she was protected by the gentle giant's body. Her entire body tensed and prepared for a fight, and all she could do was clutch her cow horn in preparation. However, once she heard the introduction of the Baroness, and the mercifulness that followed, her body relaxed. Not relaxed enough after they cut the bindings of the assassin, but she was relieved nonetheless.

Another voice caught her attention, but only due to the fact the words carried over the crowd had practically cried to be heard. The expressive girl, who introduced herself as Sariel, spoke with such enthusiasm that Eleanor couldn't help but giggle. "She reminds me of my little sisters," Eleanor said under her breath. Even the makeshift, strange-looking doll she carried with her made her beyond curious to hear her story; for now, all she could do was ogle impolitely.

Last edited:
Konpaku.Youmu.600.2125213-3.jpg

Aria would have bowed at the appearance of Regula, her silvery hair draping over the sides of her head delicately. “I am as well, m’lady.” She would glance at Regula about her other question, the hesitancy in her eyes would say it all. She was in fact not willing to express anything further due to the current circumstances. Whether Regula’s attention went towards Delta out of her following her lead or simply was genuinly intrigued by her was impossible to tell. The sword maiden would rise. Then turning to look at her detainee, her evaluation provoked a nod, then a shrewd stare at the assassin. However, the stare would evaporate like a drop of water in the desert upon her conclusion. “She.. isn’t-“ She muttered, before bowing her head swiftly, then tilting her head once more upon her comments about the wires being ‘interesting’ “What?” turning back towards Delta, she exhaled breifly. “Very well, as you wish.” But before she could let Delta go, the assassin herself broke free of the bonds. Then the taunting grin that drew upon her face.

Aria glared, before the hypothetical knife was driven deeper into her pride when she ‘reintroduced’ herself in a much more flaunting manner. “What are you-“ She said softly as a mouse. There wasn’t much left for her to say or do, she was disarmed, her authority stripped to the bone and really fairly embarassed which she desguised as anger. As Delta continued and feigned to blush and giggle, the sword maiden balled a fist. Not losing sight of her even as she tauntingly passed before her, the marshal was holding her breath as a silent rage welled within her. However, she’d immidiately return to her usual composure, albeit seething and mentally hemorraghing from such an apparent blunder of judgment. She’d move to stand behind Regula then, closing her eyes with annoyance at the entire ordeal.

She’d wait for everyone to speak their parts, before leaning into Regula’s ear, whispering, “I hope i wasn’t gone too long..” She said, picking up from the earlier conversation, “..things went well enough, Leo helped me escape once more. Thing’s will only get worse with my father from here on out, unless i find this..” she looked out towards the ruins, “..void like portal rumored to contain my old self.” She looked down a bit, “I’m confident in my abilities to vanquish whatever dwells in that place.”

Last edited:
Teuihua
Elvario Elvario RavenSong RavenSong zlexis zlexis Uasal Uasal Valkan Valkan Faynorae Faynorae conman2163 conman2163 DuckPrince DuckPrince

Teuihua certainly intended on keeping an eye on this person indeed, he had no intention of giving this assassin the chance to do anything problematic while he was around. Irrespectively He did take note that the Baroness had decided to let the assassin go for one reason or another and Teuihua was not going to question a decision like that. Of course he hadn't exactly heard what Regula said, but it was probably better he didn't with the suggestion that she might be needing the assassins services in the future, either way he wouldn't have known what sort she meant had he heard, since it was unlikely of Regula to try to take another's life like that, the use would probably be more intelligence based, still better just the same that he did not hear. Eventually Teuihua was more at ease, his gaze still looking over at Delta every now and again.

He was pleasantly surprised to hear Benjamin reaffirm that his action was a just one, and was glad to see him assist Eleanor where Teuihua had desired too. Teuihua gave a nod back not sure what else to do from the positive comment.

Teuihua replied with a decently warm, "I am glad to hear that." Teuihua paused for a moment before continuing, "I am Teuihua, I am here to assist Baroness Caelia and operate in Yemaya as needed. I hope that my presence will prove to beneficial, it is nice to meet you Eleanor."Teuihua was once more rather pleased to have a positive interaction with this polite young lady.

Ryan's response was standard enough and to the point, and once again Retili seemed to be doing a good job with the youngest there as far as Teuihua could tell based on their going attitude, at the very least they hadn't seemed to have minded Teuihua's wave.

Teuihua then looked to the squarish guy who was under the impression they were there for the treasure, and seemed to be knowledgable about the best way to go about finding it, that was a good thing. Teuihua wasn't really sure what the book creature was, but it did not seem particularly hostile, just excited so that was a good thing.
Teuihua did not follow until he heard the permission from Regula herself, since it sounded like she wanted them to go on without her, Teuihua was used to staying behind with important people, so that felt a bit strange, but he was okay doing it since she seemed to have a handle of the situation with the would be criminal and perhaps had business to attend to which did not involve him.

Teuihua stayed near the group vigilant like a sentry surveying the ruins by the point they were on the move. He decided he would repeat himself in a more generalist way and entertain the man's words. "My name is Teuihua, I am a synthetic soul which has been affixed to a metallic body. I worked as a border guard and as a wall unit for the Mictlantecuhtlian civilization. Now that the Miclantecuhtlian civilization is no more, I work for Baroness Caelia and her interests. My current primary objective is to assist on this treasure hunt, and I look forward to working with all of you."

Teuihua concluded, mainly giving the run down for those who were unfamiliar with him.

Last edited:
Central Street
Weather: Sun shining brightly. Time: 11:30

Mentions: Teuihua TheTimePiece TheTimePiece | Ryan Valkan Valkan | Retili conman2163 conman2163 | Aria RavenSong RavenSong | Sariel Faynorae Faynorae | 'Sasha Leonard' Uasal Uasal | Eleanor zlexis zlexis

Mister Benjamin
kZC6qdu.jpg

Just before the group left, Benjamin had given Ryan a quick reply. “It's a fine piece indeed, isn't it chap? I'm afraid far too nice for me to have made on my own. It's made an artisan from Widersia. I'm already glad I manage to maintain it.” He'd also laugh at Ryan's apologies. “No worries chap, I might take you up on that later, but for now, you best hurry along with the rest. Wouldn't want to miss the treasure hunt now, would you?” He said, pointing at the others that were already leaving.

Regula Caelia

6nJE2op.png

Truth be told, Regula felt a little bad. Mostly due to seeing how much Aria's authority got undermined, especially after she gave the okay to free the assassin again. She'd have to find a way to make it up to Aria later. Upon Aria's whisper, she'd quickly whisper back a few words. “You've become so dear to me that every day you're gone is a day too long, but I understand. We'll get it sorted out before long, whatever it takes.” She promised, but now that Aria was leaning in to whisper, she couldn't resist the urge to give Aria a hug while at it. Screw what others might think of it. She was a baroness, if she wanted to hug those dear to her, anyone that might disagree would have only two options. Either they were to deal with it, or they were to have to request for a hug of their own. “And don't let that girl get to you, I'm sure behind her facade, she knows you're not one to mess with.” She broke the hug. “Alright, keep an eye on them for me, okay?” She said, sending Aria after the others.

Truth be told, part of her words had been a bit of little white lie. She wasn't sure if Delta had any respect for Aria at all. After all, the girl didn't even seem to fear death. Seeing someone relatively young in such a horrible profession was painful, more so due to seeing how she didn't even seem to value her own life enough to fear death. Still, she knew why people like her might be needed, as she might have need of one of them herself, which made her feel even more conflicted about the situation. In the end, she decided to play along. Maybe, just maybe, the girl playing Adventurer might show her another way to live before she'd set out on the assassination path before being able to turn back from it. “It's nice to meet Sasha, I'm hoping to keep a close eye on your progress, both as a Baroness and as a fellow Adventurer.” She'd reply to Delta, the words likely enough of a confirmation of their deal.

???
4aovO5b.jpg

The man turned around to face Sariel, then looked at the rest of the group. “Who's child is this, then? I'd rather have you sent them back to the centre. Where we're going is not a good place to bring little girls.” He said sternly, looking across the rest of the group to figure out which of them was guilty of the terribly crime of bringing a child into this. He also conveniently forgot to say his name yet again.

Salboros

Salboros giggled a little after the chocolate spoon reply, resisting the urge to ask what type of chocolate. After all, they were being closely observed by Retili and he had a feeling it might be best to play doll (Deception F) for a little longer. Sadly enough, that deception wouldn't hold up against Retili's Insight E & Perception E, as the scribe would notice the creature was breathing and moving ever so slightly, further confirming his suspicions. (Considering I don't know what Sariel is thinking/feeling, it'd be up to Faynorae Faynorae to share results of skill usage on Sariel. At the very least, without an active defence (deception, mind shield, etc.) Retili would figure out Sariel is indeed hiding things about Salboros being alive.)

Dungeon Entrance
Country of Ryken, County of Sadek, Barony of Caelia, Yemaya, Below the City
underworld_by_reneaigner-d64jfos.jpg

The group was eventually led into some sort of passage leading underground, which at first sight looked like a sewer entrance, but luckily wasn't. Instead, it revealed a large underground room with a staircase leading even further down.

???
4aovO5b.jpg

“This is where I deduced the T-stuff must be at. Keep in mind, I was the one who found this place. Don't forget that.” The man stated, as if already trying to make his work in all of this stand out compared to the others. “Anyhow, I must warn you, I heard there's possibly a few remnants of magic left that might've altered a few things down there. Probably nothing too much, but worth a warning just in case.” He talked, as he descended down the stairs holding up a torch in one hand, whilst holding Elly in the other.

Eventually, the group ended up in front of two doors. “This must be it!” He said, however, a bit of surprise showed on his face when he saw the doors. “But these were locked before... something must've gotten in!” He called out, storming in with very little regard for his own safety.

As the rest would get into the room, they'd see a fire in the middle had been lit by someone. In general, there were traces of this place having been used very recently... The mystery, however, was quick to reveal itself. From the corner of the room, peaking from behind a pillar were two cat-ears.

Catgirl
63sAu1H.jpg

“Nyaaaaah! It's the tail-puller! Nyaaaa! I'm innocent, I repented, don't grab it again!” The girl shouted, looking at Aria as she recognised her immediately, although whether Aria also remembered this girl was another question.

Kenku
nNzFMWU.png

(Ignore the weapon.)
BkUQ2gv.png

Closest source I could find:
https://nl.pinterest.com/pin/789044797200261164/

“Squawk. Tail-grabber! Squawk. Tail-puller!” Came the echoing words from a bird-like kid behind her. They couldn't be more than 16-ish (the cat) and 14-ish (the bird) respectively, so for them to be in a place like this was a bit odd.

“We stopped stealing, honestly, please don't knock me out again!” The cat was pleading with Aria, remembering the brutal punishment she suffered at Aria's hand before, or well, brutal in her own very biased opinion.

“Squawk. Don't knock out! Don't knock out!” The Kenku kid repeated. It was clear that both of them, but the bird in particular, were terrified of the large group that had come baring into this room.

(Below is a preview of the map that we'll be using for this part of story. The exact rules we'll play by will be made clear next round, but for now I'm getting this set-up going to see if everything works out as intended. It's a bit of an experiment, so forgive me if things might be a little clunky at times and ask questions when needed and point it out when you think some stuff is wrong or might be missing. The icons, for now, are placed at random, so don't pay too much attention to their locations for this round. Starting in the next round of mine, they will become relevant.)

Maze Below the City
Country of Ryken, County of Sadek, Barony of Caelia, Yemaya, Maze Below the City
oFUQDsJ.png

Sources used:
Map Free TTRPG Battlemaps with System-Agnostic Adventures!

(The part in spoiler below is pretty much a side-story/solo RP, that I'm mostly just adding for those that want to read a little more on stuff going on in the setting whilst they're doing this all. There's no need to read it to keep up, but it might be fun to do so regardless to some.)

Hera
tdgiL1q.jpg

The Aerial was surprised when the baroness wanted to speak to her personally. In general, she'd been surprised to see how much the latter had changed. Both in being a bit more noble as well as in adorning wings now. “Of course, ma'am.” She ended up replying.

Regula Caelia

6nJE2op.png

“Ah, if you don't mind, could you show me to a more quiet spot, a bit further in the outskirts of the city?” Regula quickly requested, not wanting their conversation to be listened in on and definitely wanting a place to practise without onlookers.

Her confusion was only increased by the request, but she dutifully replied. “Of course, ma'am.” She said, before looking like she was planning to fly off.

Quickly noticing what was about to occur, Regula stopped her. “Ah, how about we walk for now? I'd like to see the city from the ground first.” It was a complete and utter bluff, but she didn't want anyone to realise her 'issue' by having to fly as clumsily as she was doing.

Once more surprised, Hera, folded her wings back in. “As you wish.” She said, before walking on towards a spot she knew was desolate most of the time.

The moment they were outside of hearing range of the others, Regula going as far as to use [Tremorsense B] to ensure no movement was nearby, she spoke up. “I've got to admit something, you see... I may have grown these wings, but I'm afraid I can barely use them. Just the other day, with a lot of help from Aria, I was able to fly a little, but I get tired early and my muscles start hurting a lot in no-time. I also feel like I'm utterly ungraceful or smooth, like a baby taking their first steps. I could really use some advise, so please, could you teach me?” Unexpectedly, Regula had ended up sounding more pleading than intended. Enough so for Hera to be taken aback.

The initial surprise from Hera, however, soon turned into a giggle, which then turned into a bit of a shock. “I'm sorry ma'am, I didn't meant to! It's just, that was rather unexpected.” She said, sounding truly apologetic.

Regula gave a disarming smile. “Don't worry, I understand. I've been trying to keep it hidden from most people, as I don't want rumours to start spreading about the mismatch between me being a Valkyrie, yet being so horrible at flying.”

A bit of relief washed Hera, realising that she'd been let in on a pretty big secret. “I don't think I've ever given anyone flying lessons before, ma'am, but I'll do the best I can.”

Now it was Regula's turn to show relief. “That's great! You won't believe how much I'd been hoping to find someone to teach me, before this could become a bigger deal.”

Once they were far enough away, in a place where they could fly (or attempt to do so) in peace, Hera decided to try being a little courageous. It felt odd to command a superior, but she'd been asked to give lessons and giving lessons without being a little commanding wouldn't work. “Ma'am, would you show me how you've been flying thus far?” In the end, it was still more of a question than a command.

Even so, Regula nervously nodded. “Alright, I'll do my best.” She said, before stretching and fully opening up her wings. As she felt her heart beating loudly in her chest, she jumped up a bit and started flapping her wings in earnest. It... was a lot more difficult than what she did with Aria, where she used Aria's leaf to start at an altitude and just sort-off glided down and all that. Still, she managed to get off of the ground and even flew a circle, although even after a short round, her wings felt sore.

When she landed again, Regula looked at Hera with some nervousness behind her. “So, what do you think?” She asked. However, Hera didn't answer. For a second she wondered why, but then she had a growing suspicion. “You have permission to speak freely.” Regula added.

That did the trick. “With all due respect, that was painful to look at, ma'am. I never realised those that grew wings at a later age were so likely to be utterly unable to use them properly. Like you said, it was like watching a newborn trying to take their first steps.” She didn't mince her words, having been granted permission to go all out.

Despite giving permission for it and knowing the feedback wouldn't be positive, Regula still felt embarrassed by those words. “So... is there something we can do about it?” She asked Hera, hoping for a positive reply.

For a moment, Hera remained silent. Then, she looked Regula into her eyes. “Ma'am, do you trust me?” She asked, sounding ever so serious.

The question surprised Regula. Yet she'd seen Hera working hard under lord Light. The fact that she was still working hard, here in Yemaya, meant she was loyal and hard-working. She also believed the woman to be honest enough and if she hadn't trusted Hera, she wouldn't have asked her for flying lessons to begin with. “Yes, I do.” She replied.

Hera nodded. “Then I'll be right back, please wait for me for a moment. I need to grab something that'll help us.” She said, flying off to go retrieve a common, yet surprising item...

Last edited:
As you can clearly see your honour, there is nothing at all suspicious occurring here.

• Interactions ~ Elvario Elvario [Salboros/???(Tentacle man who refuses to tell us his name)] | conman2163 conman2163 [Retili] |
    RavenSong RavenSong [Aria]​
    Sariel was quite content with Retili's apology. He was happy that at least someone could acknowledge their poor choice of words and manners. What made Sariel uncomfortable however was the thing... Person... Was staring him up just as much as Sariel was staring him up. Was he onto him? Did he know something? Did he just usually stare at people like this? Whatever the case was, it was unnerving and totally gave Sariel the creeps. "Y- Yeah..." Sariel avoided eye contact, "You'd better be. Nice tah' know you acknowledge your mistakes, Mister... Uh," Sariel was about to end his sentence but now...

What was this thing's name again? Rrrrrr... Rat Tail? Ra Tay lee? Ra Ta Ri? Sariel could barely comprehend it. Why did everything in this horrid world have such weird names in such nonsense language? What caught Sariel more off guard was how this Rat Tail Midget Man asked him suddenly the name of his friend. Did he mean the weirdo critter thing that was pretending to be a doll? WAS HE ACTUALLY ON TO SOMETHING? A single dew of sweat would've probably crawled its way off of Sariel's slightly panicked face.

His right eye twitched at the ask. Nah, he meant friend as in a child's imaginary friend. Kids often talk to their toys. They often treat their dolls and stuffed fluffies as if they were actually alive, and could actually talk. Yes, that was it. The real question was... What was this thing's name? It never told Sariel, even when he asked. He didn't know much of it. Whenever Sariel asked, it would tell a weird story about a witch who had sealed him away. Even so, Sariel would have to come up with a name for the rat anyway.

Sariel got his magical powers from this thing, so it was kind of like... Uhhh... A patron? The weird animal thing gave him 'support' which gave him magical powers and physical strength, as well as a more mature and debatably more respectable body and identity. It was small and arguably cute if you ignored the unblinking and constantly staring single eye in the middle of its face. That was right! "P-Tan! That's its name. This is P-Tan. My one and only friend (in this world). My most faithful, loveliest and (creepily) always smiling P-Tan~♡" Sariel comically hugged the creature with a smile. A fake smile. "And no! I won't let you touch it, and it is only mine. My one true friend, P-Tan!" Sariel said confidently with a forced childish tone and smile. Nailed it.

P-Tan was perfect. P was short for Patron, and Tan meant 'Small or Little' and is often used for babies or baby-like things, and this thing was pretending to be an anthropomorphic baby doll. So it was sure to fool this busybody midget man... Hopefully. His act was flawless after all. If not... Sariel would have to take extra measures to ensure the midget keeps his yapper shut.

Sariel's ears would be wide open as he'd listen to the cool mecha thing introduce itself. It was so cool, it could talk and everything! It said its name was Teuihua, and that it had a synthetic soul which was attached to that giant body...? Sariel didn't really understand it, but it was probably way cooler than his situation. It seemed like along with that granny swordswoman, it too was related to Baroness Kee-ri-a or whatever.

That was a later predicament to deal with, for now, Sariel's attention would turn back to the mysterious guy who has yet to reveal his identity. Geez, what's the guy's problem?! For a whole whatever long amount of months now, not a single person had asked the child where his parents were. He assumed that everyone in this world was just careless enough not to care about why a 10-year-old is trying to take on an army of goblins or break into and beat up a bunch of thieves and bandits. Seems the kid was wrong, however.

"My parents are like one million miles away from here. I'm here because I'm looking fer somethin' important, 'kay?" Sariel replied with a slight attitude. His brows furrowed a bit, as he stared at the man, "There's a bunch o' adventurers and strong folk here, right? They'd hafta be hella incapable if they can't protect a single 'Little Girl.' I'll be fine." The child reasoned, his right foot tapping the floor habitually. "Also, ya didn't answer the question! Who are ya?!" Sariel, again, questioned.

As they entered the place in which the treasure supposedly lay, Sariel's frustrations were still hot. However, it'd be cooled down after entering the underground secret lair place or whatever. "Woahh~☆" The child marvelled, his eyes wide and sparkling. "This place is so cool~! Makes sense that there'd be treasure n' stuff in 'ere." Sariel looked around in wonder. As much as he wanted to, it was most likely not a very fair idea to ditch the group and explore this potentially dangerous place by himself. Although, it wouldn't be dangerous if he had the chance to transform...

Another thing caught the child's short attention span, and that was the cat weirdo and bird-face who were hiding in the corner. They didn't look as outright old as the rest of the folk in the group. Sariel stared at Aria, who they were calling a tail puller and were presumably hiding from. "Jeez, what did you do to these poor kids?" The child spoke, staring at Aria disapprovingly. Knocking out kids? Pinning down innocent adventurers who she claimed to be an assassin? Sariel had suddenly come to see Aria as some big bad old and wrinkly bully.

Last edited:
Retili Loxinofican
Character Sheet

Retili didn't let the suspicion come over his face. "Retili." The Zentox finished for the child as it became clear she was having difficult his name. He didn't trust her words about the doll for a second. So he smiled warmly again. "Well i'm glad you at least have a friend with you so far from your parents! I imagine it must be pretty scary going so far from home." The smile never left his face but it stopped reaching his eyes. Whatever the thing was that she was pretending was her doll was clearly something more dangerous. Maybe a monster holding her hostage? "So, is P-Tan a construct? I can see him breathing and moving ever so slightly. It's well hidden to a normal person but i'm really good at spotting stuff like that." He decided to try a little deception of his own. He didn't think the thing was a construct at all, constructs didn't need to breathe after all, but he wanted to see if he could trip the girl into a lie.

~'Delta'~
Sasha Leonard

Sasha wasn't all too happy to find that Aria would be accompanying the group in their search for the treasure. Didn't she have some guarding to do or prune juice to be drinking? Having the guard watching her every move was going to be a complete nightmare to deal with. But alas, it was very likely she wouldn't be giving up on her stalking any time soon. With the group entering a more confined location Delta suddenly felt a lot safer, her weapon of choice and tactics far more suited to the murky depths of this hidden dungeon than the open air of that ruinous cityscape. Indeed, down here, in the dark and enclosed space, she was probably at her strongest. Unlike the golem that stood nearby.

The descent was clearly too tight for his build and yet he forced himself in and along with the group, it was almost poetic but in a very silly way. Couldn't he have helped shift some of the rubble up above? Was it really necessary for him to squeeze down here? Regardless of his intentions, he was certainly here, and very hard to miss. Approaching the door, Sasha was quick to notice the signs of life but before she could talk on the subject their leader had already busted through the door without so much as a single thought for possible dangers. How idiotic.

Fortunately though what waited for them inside was merely some teenage beast folk who seemed to be camping out. Two beast folks Sasha couldn't sense any bloodlust from, though fear, fear was very much apparent. Looking to Aria and then back to the duo Sasha moved toward the two slowly and extended a hand toward the catfolk's head, attempting to pat her head in a calming manner should she be let. "It's okay, we're not here to hurt you. I'm Sasha, an adventurer. I'm here with these folk to secure the area and search for something that may be hidden within. We won't let the old lady hurt you. Trust me ok." Smiling softly and with a gentle tone Sasha would return to her feet and procure a ration packet from her coat pocket. Opening it she waved it playfully toward the two before offering it forward to the bird "Here, lets all calm down, shall we?". Laughing softly her eyes and smile were practically beaming with enthusiasm and kindness. This was a complete transformation, to think just a few minutes ago the woman standing before the group was a cold-hearted and sarcastic assassin. It was both impressive and very off-putting.

Elvario Elvario RavenSong RavenSong TheTimePiece TheTimePiece

Konpaku.Youmu.600.2125213-4.jpg

Aria would lift her bowed head upon hearing her friend Regulas words, somehow, even in the midst of desperation she always had a certain courage that even the marshal admired. She’d not have nothing else to say other than nod respectuflly. “Hm.” Then she gasped, perhaps a bit too high pitched, Regula had seemed to scratch at a fresh wound. “She’s nothing but an aspiring assassin, a murderer.” Her words carried poison, but it revealed much more about her own insecurities. It wasn’t a matter of threat, but a matter of pride. To be reputiably leveled so easily, after what felt like years and years of dedication, hard work, sleepless nights of study and countless hours of training only to be bested by a little girl didn’t sit well with the marshal. However, she would hold her friend tightly before the baroness before she stepped back as the baroness broke the embrace. The marshal would bow her head a bit hastily taking her place among the party.

Turning towards the man address Sariel, the marshal crossed her arms. “Do not concern yourself for this child, citizen.” She turned to glance at Sariel, sighing shallowly, before turning to the man, “I’ll keep an eye out for her.” Aria couldn’t help but wonder if Sariel had some kind of death wish here. Even if the immature child called her ‘granny’ it didn’t justify someone so young and naive to suffer death for it.

As the followed after the man leading them into the subterrenean, Aria braced her sense of smell, holding a wrist up to her nose. However, the marshal was then pleasantly surprised she wouldn’t have to suffer the foul stench of the Yemaya sewers yet again. Considering how the now excommunicated Blue Knight also known as Michael had all but bathed in a sewer puddle trying to sneak out survivors. It was such a relief. “Fascinating.” She muttered as she started down the revealed stairway. “I’ll be sure to write a report when our business here is completed, mr..” She looked at him, as she followed, “..what is your name?”

He then mentioned the remnants of whatver foul magic was at work here. “Understood.”

Upon learning that the doors had been broken into, Aria held the handle of her sword, waiting for the absolute last moment to draw her blade. “Wait!” She called out, before following shortly after him. “You dont know who-“ Aria’s greenish orbs would then flicker as the reflection of a fire in the middle of a chamber illuminated her gaze and surroundings. But before the marshal could look around, or attempt to cooperate in thoughts with the others int he group, a peculiarly familiar voice would echo through the chamber. “What is the meaning of this?” She called out to the cat girl. “This must be some kind of optical trick. There is absolutely no way you two of all people would be here!” Aria was in disbelief, here she was, hoping to redeem herself by perhaps either saving someone or protecting against a foe when her past instead decided to come after her to smear her image further. “Tail puller?” She said indignantly, “If im not mistaken, if was you who snuck into my sleeping quarters to take something from my friend.” She’d look at the others, “Surely, you cant believe her, i only-“ The marshal would then lose any credibility when the cat girl asked to not be striked upon once more. “Once again, you’d stoen something during a time i felt i had to prove myself.”

Then Delta said her piece, much to Aria’s continued detriment however, namely, the bit that hurt most about being called ‘old lady’. “Her name isn’t Sasha.” She shook her head sacrasctically as she crossed her arms, looking at Delta, “I suggest you come clean now.” She said, leaning back a bit to seem more menacing. Aria was having

Teuihua
Elvario Elvario Uasal Uasal conman2163 conman2163 Valkan Valkan RavenSong RavenSong Faynorae Faynorae zlexis zlexis

The space they were entering was rather cramped for the golem, but that was no matter Teuihua would continue onward. As for who the child belonged too Teuihua had no idea. Teuihua listened to what their guide so to speak had to say carefully. The mention of magic put Teuihua on a higher alert than he would have been on otherwise, particularly at the mention of somethings potentially being impacted by the magic. Teuihua knew from first hand experience what magic could do, after all his life was made possible through it so this wasn't exactly a detail that was wise to gloss over.

As they neared the door and Teuihua head him speak on the fact something had entered before them Teuihua was only put on an even higher alert, this meant that there was a potential hostile in the surrounding environment was what that translated to the combat security golem. He continued to look around skeptically. It wasn't long before the threat was possibly answered as a beast girl and a bird person were one of the first sights that were taken in by the golem. Hopefully this one would be comparable to Mia in friendliness even if the motives had been questionable at times.

"Indeed What this 'adventurer' says is true our primary objective is not to cause harm, and I appreciate you making your presences known as soon as possible." Teuihua stated matter of fact toward the end out loud, less surprises meant the less chance that Teuihua would feel the need to escalate in the heat of the moment. Since these two were being so open, it did make him feel it was much less likely they were trying to be a threat. What seemed most likely was given what he just learned about them claiming that they weren't 'stealing' and that they knew some in the group apparently, they were most likely there for the treasure too. Given their background perhaps with proper supervision they could be helpful to recruit given the skillset Teuihua could only assume with the information that he had access too. Of course what Aria said sounded problematic, so he would just have to be extra vigilant if these were people who had a past of criminal activity. Teuihua viewed Aria as a credible source so this was highly likely. For now he just stood near the group, ready to defend if need be, not having much else to say on the matter. Any more action or words didn't really feel like it was in Teuihua's scope of role at the moment.

Central Street
Weather: Sun shining brightly. Time: 11:40

Mentions: Teuihua TheTimePiece TheTimePiece | Ryan Valkan Valkan | Retili conman2163 conman2163 | Aria RavenSong RavenSong | Sariel Faynorae Faynorae | 'Sasha Leonard' Uasal Uasal | Eleanor zlexis zlexis

???
4aovO5b.jpg

“You should tone it down and mind your manners!” The guy replied to Sariel, as he shook his head. “This isn't the type of take-your-daughter to work job, it's a serious business!” He reprimanded the girl, intending to sent her back. However, he was stopped by Aria. “With all due respect, Marshall, I see no reason for bringing a child along... but if that's your command... hmrm...” He grumbled, before turning back to promptly ignore them. Was there anything else they'd asked? He forgot. It probably wasn't important.

Salboros P-Tan

Silent as outer space. Still as rock frozen in the vast ice-caps of Antarctica. That's what P-Tan was striving to be. Still, what that midget Fae was saying might be trouble. As he got hugged, he was able to whisper to Sariel. “He must me jealous. He must be jealous of not having someone. He must be jealous of not having someone to turn him into a powerful hero.” He whispered to Sariel (Deception F). It was probably better for him if Sariel kept some distance from this Fae.

Catgirl
63sAu1H.jpg

Hissss! A girl has to eat, you know!” The catgirl hissed and shouted back in defence of Aria's accusations of theft. “Nyaaa! Proving yourself by beating up kids, nyaaa! That's mean!” She replied.

Kenku
nNzFMWU.png

(Ignore the weapon.)
BkUQ2gv.png

“That's mean, very mean!” The bird echoed her, before adding an original sentence. “Squawk. I thought you killed her, squawk!”

Much, much different was the other girl. She seemed so nice and kind that the catgirl immediately felt more comfortable around her. The catgirl wouldn't let the girl pet her at first, but after hearing Sasha's words, she'd relax a little and allow it. As she fell the hand upon hear head, she would even start purring a little.

Meanwhile, the bird kid just saw someone open up the most direct route to his heart. “Squawk! Food! Squawk! Food!” He enthusiastically proclaimed, tearing into it and pecking it all up in no-time. They'd likely not eaten decently in a fair while. They didn't care much about what else Aria was saying, as she wasn't the one giving them food. They were also still weary of Teuihua, who's large presence could barely fit into some of the spaces here. His words didn't give them much comfort.

???
4aovO5b.jpg

“More kids... might as well be running a bloody daycare down here...” The man was mumbling to himself. Then he checked up on the three doors to other parts of this place. “Wait, did you open these as well?” He asked the kids.

“Nyaaa.... maybe?” The catgirl replied hesitant. “There's only bad stuff there though. Big, scary rats. Weird plants. Odd gem things.”

The man sighed. “As I feared, those rats and plants might be the result of some remaining magic. Best if we stay on guard. Also, as I understand, this maze was initially built as some sort of trial grounds. Figure out its mystery, find your way and make it to the final room. If they put the treasure in there, we might have to pass that trial before getting to it. That's about all I know, so we best get to it then. I say we divide and conquer. Who's going where?” The man stated, gesturing at the three doors.

(Time for the real part of the experiment to start! Here's how we'll try to go about it. Each round, every character has the option to '[1] move' to '[2] stay' or to '[3] follow'.

If someone moves, they have to list the direction they wish to move in, followed by their second-choice (should the first direction be unavailable). For example. Ryan choses to move, wants to go through the right door, then go right again, or go straight if that's not possible. He will then keep moving in order of preferred direction until he runs into something or meets a dead-end.
In short: [1] Move, right otherwise straight.

If someone doesn't post (and doesn't communicate their desired action to me in discord either) or if they simply post staying at a location, their icons will also remain. In short; [2] Stay.

Finally, to move in groups more easily, characters can just chose to follow another character. This can be done either before or after the other character posts, but might mean you'll end up staying still for a round, should the one you chose to follow fail to move for that round. In short; [3] Follow, Ryan.

It's up to the party to decide how to handle the NPC's (asking them to follow/join/stay), although they would have their own biases and opinions, which might mean they won't cooperate with all ideas whilst being eager for others.
)

Maze Below the City
Country of Ryken, County of Sadek, Barony of Caelia, Yemaya, Maze Below the City
oFUQDsJ.png

Sources used:
Map Free TTRPG Battlemaps with System-Agnostic Adventures!
Rats Wererat by Raphelt on DeviantArt
Flowers https://www.artstation.com/artwork/NxYL3N

(The part in spoiler below is pretty much a side-story/solo RP, that I'm mostly just adding for those that want to read a little more on stuff going on in the setting whilst they're doing this all. There's no need to read it to keep up, but it might be fun to do so regardless to some.)

Hera
tdgiL1q.jpg

Hera nodded. “Then I'll be right back, please wait for me for a moment. I need to grab something that'll help us.” She said, flying off to go retrieve a common, yet surprising item...

Regula Caelia

6nJE2op.png

Regula stared at what Hera was bringing back with more than a little surprise. “What are we going to need rope for?” She asked, a fair bit confused.

Hera's answer didn't take away any of Regula's confusion. It only added to it. “With your permission, ma'am, I'd like to tie you up.” Upon seeing Regula just stare at her with increasing levels of confusion and some growing worry, she realised how weird that sounded without explanation. “Ah, I just mean to stop you from being able to use your arms or legs!”

“...”

After more silence, Hera managed to get in a better explanation. “It's because I think you try to rely on them. You've lived having those four limbs all your life, so it must be more natural for you to utilise those, even if they won't help you at all when trying to fly. By tying them up, you'll only have your wings to move around with. That should give you a feeling to really use them for what they are, rather than subconsciously trying to see them as feathered arms.”

As Hera explained it, Regula started to see where she was coming from. Still, the idea of being tied up wasn't exactly appealing to her. Then again, Hera's reasoning seemed solid. “Alright, but don't you ever speak a word about this to anyone else.” She said, speaking firmly with [Baroness' Word] to really hammer home how secretive this had to be.

“Of course, ma'am.” Hera replied, surprised by how much more like a leader (from Leadership B) Regula sounded compared since last time they met. The latter even made it more awkward when she had to follow through with her plans. “Eh, would you mind holding your hands here, ma'am? We can't have the ropes get in the way of your wings, so...”

“Alright...” Regula said, hesitantly holding her hands in front of her as Hera brought in the rope and soon wrapped it around them.

This was, by far, the weirdest thing she'd done by far. Tying up a superior. She was convinced it would help, but that didn't take away just how weird this was. “Permission to start tightening the ropes..?” She asked, a little hesitant. Still, she feared some lose ropes wouldn't have the full intended effect.

“Right... granted.” Regula replied. Just what in the world were they doing now? She honestly had no clue that things would end up like this. As Hera started tightening the ropes, she moved behind Regula's back, to tie it around beneath her wings as well, to really have her arms restrict. The latter felt odd. Being so defenceless was putting her off. Should she have asked someone to come along, just in case? No, no, discard that thought. The idea of anyone witnessing this was far too embarrassing. She'd just trust Hera on this one.

When Hera bent down to tie up Regula's legs as well, that awkwardness really reached next levels. “Are you sure... this is needed?” She asked, trying to keep her balance with legs tied together.

“Yes.” Hera replied, at this point just trying not to think too much about it. “I saw you kicking air to change direction before. It's like you try to use your legs when your arms fail, but neither works. As a result, your wings are flapping hysterically and working overtime to compensate for all the worthless arm and leg movements. By restricting them, you should be able to actually focus fully on your wings and get use out of those.” She replied, tightening up the ropes around Regula's legs. “There you go, ma'am, all done.”

“Right... thanks. Do keep an eye out that nobody ends up seeing this, please.” Regula replied, having started to grow a bit red in the face from just how awkward this was. “Well, then... what's next?” She asked, hoping that this would really work. Hera wasn't one to pull elaborate pranks like this, right?

“Now, you feel out your wings in full. Last time, you jumped first. This time, you'll have to rely fully on your wings alone. Hold them like this first. Ignore the existence of arms and consider your legs to be more like a tail, the ones birds have. That might help later.”

Tails. Yes, those were fun. A moment of distraction in one of the weirdest situations of her entire life passed by. Then she looked at Hera, copying the way she was holding her wings. With no arms or legs to move, Hera's point came across. She really had the additional limbs as the only things to rely on right now. It was a little terrifying, in a way, but at the same time, she could already feel that this was a little more natural, in a sense. “Alright, I'll follow your movement. Let's do this.” Regula spoke, having regained some confidence, despite feeling extremely vulnerable as tied up and like a fish out of the water as she was.

Make their lives and jobs more difficult.

• Interactions ~ Elvario Elvario [Salboros/Tentacle Man] | conman2163 conman2163 [Retili]​
    Sariel would've probably joined in with defaming Miss grey-hairs image, if not for more pressing matters. When the seemingly old midget man completed what Sariel failed to say, he couldn't help but awkwardly laugh. After all, What made him think that saying it again or finishing for Sariel would make it easier for him to say? Whatever he was thinking was utterly wrong. "Yeah. That." Sariel would reply, besides the midget, the person who annoyed him the most in this room was the weirdo who would not for the life of him say his own.

"Mind MY manners?!" Sariel retorted quite loudly with a shrill voice. "If we're talkin' bout manners here Mister old n' dusty expired grilled-octopus ball, then yer totally out the door, 'cause ya can't even tell us yer own name, ya old ditz!" Sariel barked aggressively, his voice somewhat shrill his eye twitching and a clearly done expression. He asked... THREE... times. Three is enough times. He didn't care anymore. The child's hold around Salboros tightened, as he impatiently tapped his right foot on the floor incessantly. Tap. Tap. Tap.

Sariel pouted at Aria's statement. She was going to watch over him? Another white-haired swordswoman uptight old hag who'd be a pain in the ass. He clicked his tongue, feeling very unenthusiastic about it. Retili's second statement did help mellow down Sariel's hot-headedness. The child looked forlorn at his feet. The tapping of his feet stopped and his face relaxed.

He was kind of scared. Not from being away from this body's home and this body's parents. He missed his own parents. His own home. His best friend. He could only remember their blurry faces and he couldn't remember their names. They were important to him. He missed them. He wouldn't have to be stuck in this place if it weren't for his attitude. However, that didn't change the fact that he was still here now.

Despite tugging the child's heart a bit, Retili's next choice of words wouldn't fair as well. "Huh?" The child bluntly snapped up. Looking at Retili with a slightly confused face, raising an eyebrow. What? Did this stupid little old rat beard thing try to mellow him down and then get him to spill? Sariel aggressively glared at Retili. The child's left eye twitched. The grip around the "doll" that Sariel grew a tinge bit tighter.

The child stepped only a slight bit closer and stared Retili down. [Intimidation F] "Oi, smart-ass, hush yer' yapper or I'll make ya." Sariel threatened. The kid's voice was a bit deeper than usual, in an attempt to sound more serious. Sariel took in a deep breath and then sighed. It didn't calm him at all. He looked at the thing, tilted his head slightly and forced a smile. "'Kay? It's a promise then." The child brushed it aside and turned around to begin walking toward the door to his right.

With his mood completely ruined like sour milk, Sariel would feel quite discouraged about staying with the group. They seemed too difficult. He clicked his tongue. An old hag who seems to want to act like a surveillance camera. An ugly creature with a rat-shaped beard who seems to be onto his secret. Some old coot with a tentacle book and seemingly no name worth saying. There were a few people who seemed like good folk, other than that, he'd rather just go about this alone. If people were going to make that difficult for him... Well, he'd probably just have to deal with it.

"I'm gonna skiddy, 'kay? See y'all on the flip side." With that nonchalant bye-bye, Sariel would begin to [Move] deciding that moving right would be the best option. After all, the way to get out of mazes is by always following the walls with your right hand, right? If there wasn't a path further right, Sariel would move straight up instead. Either way, Sariel was going to do his best to separate from the group. If there were dangers in this cave, it'd be best to transform into Dulcifer a safe room out of sight and clear out whatever's in the way without letting anyone else slow him down. He already had one eye on him at all times after all, he didn't need another four eyes surveilling his every action.

After all, a powerful and totally beautiful heroine didn't need the help of some lousy little adventurers. After all, they probably didn't even need some little kid slowing them down in the first place. As those kids said, there were just rats and some odd plants. Nothing he couldn't just blow to shreds and splatter.

OOC
    Sariel would [Move] with the following priorities: Right > Straight > Left.

Ryan Kylieth

"Of course, sir. I'll be back later then, sir" Ryan said as he rushed to catch up with the group. Being among the last to enter the magical dungeon of sorts. Once he had a chance to look around, he whistled, admiring the resilience of the structure. It became apparent to him that this group had its share of youngsters. Not that he was that old himself, coming of age rather recently. Still, the kid with the living doll, and the two young adventurers was three more kids than he expected.

Seeing as the kid with the creature was quite disrespectful, he had no issue not following her. He was no babysitter. Instead, he offered "I agree with Mister..." he turned to the weird tentacle man with an even weirder book, whose name he didn't come up as being asked before. "I agree with him. I'm heading this way, feel free to join me." Ryan said as he headed out of this room. Flashing a smile at Sasha for being nice to the teens on his way out.

Movement:
Move straight, left, straight.

~'Delta'~
Sasha Leonard

Sasha didn't pay much heed to Aria or her words, she didn't need to given the two teenage beast folk before her seemed to distrust the guard already. With that in mind, the woman did note Aria was clearly not one for reading a room or situation. The Baroness had addressed Delta as Sasha, the party was addressing her as an adventurer and yet the guard seemed to have completely missed the memo. Either that or she was disregarding the Baroness' efforts to make a suitable deal and purposely sabotaging the deal. Surely that wasn't the case though, she didn't seem the type to consider betrayal let alone carry it out.

Perhaps Aria would require a talking-to later but right now, Delta hadn't time to deal with the annoying granny, she had a literal role to play and she intended to do just that. Offering the cat a ration of her own, Sasha turned to face the oversized robot and clumsy girl from earlier. With a soft smile, she motioned to the left-hand door "Let's take the left as a team. I once read that taking a left in a maze it the best way to overcome them. I'll lead as the scout."

Moving toward the door, Echo took a piece of scrap timber from the floor and wrapped it in some ripped cloth, fashioning a torch that she then lit before proceeding toward the door as planned. "You two can come too if you like. Just be careful and stick near the golem". Offering the two beast folks a place on the team wasn't purely an act of kindness. They'd already explored the area on their lonesome, their knowledge would be key to speeding up the exploration of the left route. That being said, she didn't quite fancy the idea of being jumped by a giant rat or carnivorous plant so ahead of time she activated a skill and prepared an ability for use. Planting a trap upon the torch she held.

Actions:
1. Activating Skill; Sixth Sense F - Vital/weak-point sense (Weak/Vital points glow in Delta's vision.)
2. Used Ability: 'Widow's Lament' - Trap F - Setting up a trap with her Razor Wire anyone or thing unfortunate enough to trigger it will very quickly come to know seething pain or even death - F Grade - 2 Actions- 0 Post Cooldown. Trigger set as any target to come within range of Echos torch, where the rap has been set upon
Movement: Left, Left, Left

Elvario Elvario RavenSong RavenSong TheTimePiece TheTimePiece zlexis zlexis

Retili Loxinofican
Character Sheet

The Zentox did not bother chasing the child further. This treasure hunt would come to an end eventually and he would be able to interrogate her further later. For now he had a job to do. Splitting off and drawing his knife, he followed the blacksmith straight into the next room. He wasn't exactly the world's greatest treasure hunter or warrior so the scribe hoped they wouldn't run into anything dangerous. As they started walking through the old stone corridor. The Zentail of which he descended were a mountain dwelling race who lived underground, so he felt right at home in the cool air of the passage. He was mildly concerned about the fact that two would be thieves (at least he assumed they were thieves from the way they reacted to Aria) had already made their way below ground. He also didn't appreciate how the girl named Delta was acting. Continuing to hand out the name Sasha was dishonest at it's core and Retili found it distasteful. He made a mental note not to trust them no matter what they did.

Movement:
Move straight, left, straight.

Teuihua
Interactions: Elvario Elvario Uasal Uasal
Teuihua was of a similar thought to Retili. Normally he might follow a child to make sure they were safe, but something about this one seemed unusual, like they were perhaps more advanced for their age, the lack of apparent fright of coming into this place on the exterior also suggested to Teuihua that perhaps this individual was more experienced than they appeared, of course not having any evidence to back up such thoughts. Plus it sounded like some others were going to follow her to make sure she was alright. As a result of this with so many people splitting up Teuihua wasn't really capable of possibly protecting everyone, with splitting up came inherent vulnerabilities, so he weighed his options of where he made the most sense, after observing where the others were going.

As far as Teuihua could tell the treasuring hunting bearded one who led them seemed to know what he was doing as he spoke knowledgeably about the situation. Aria and Ryan could be trusted with what they were doing, Teuihua had traveled along beside them long enough. He also figured that as perusal Retili was going to probably be very focused on the task at hand, much like Teuihua was when it came to doing things for the Baroness. That then left the 'act of kindness' that Sasha had displayed, she was being awfully kind to the most suspicious people they had met. As far as what Teuihua could tell , with how positively the youth responded to Sasha's interactions with them from the food to the affection, Teuihua immediately assessed a risk to the integrity of this mission. They couldn't very well have Sasha, the neko and bird run off with the treasure themselves, that would certainly put a damper the Baroness's ability to properly utilize the funds to help people as intended. Teuihua had no doubt this was all a possibility, yes indeed he was profiling them and calculating the probability of selfish action being taken should the opportunity present it self based on what he knew and the odds did not feel particularly strong.

As a result Teuihua eventually replied with a bit of a warmth in his voice,

"That is an interesting thought adventurer Sasha, very well I shall accompany you and the pair to ensure all of your mutual safety." Teuihua had no need for deception here, that much was true he would do his utmost to protect them, while keeping an eye on the developments with the trio, knowing full well he was going to need to compress himself as much as possible to just fit through some of these spaces from the looks of things. Protecting them with the additional task of keeping watch to make sure there was no funny business, it was truly a win win in the golem's mind.

Movement: Follow Delta

Maze Below the City
Sources used:
Map https://www.seafootgames.com/free-ttrpg-battlemaps-with-system-agnostic-adventures/
Rats Wererat by Raphelt on DeviantArt
Flowers https://www.artstation.com/artwork/NxYL3N

One after the other, everyone left the 'starting' room. First off was Sariel, who was later followed by Aria. Next off was Ryan, who the treasure hunter decided to follow along. A bit later, Retili sent out in the exact same direction as them. Third was the biggest group by far. Delta set out, inviting both the catgirl/neko and the bird/kenku to come along as well. Teuihua's massive form cramping himself through the same tunnel and Eleanor joining in as well made the narrow passages they were going through feel rather crowded. It also meant that 'running back' would not be an option, as for Teuihua to turn around would take some effort and for the last person in line to learn that the first wanted to retreat would require some shouting back and forth first.

(All of them would notice one thing. The darkness in this maze was unnatural, as even with torches or other sources of light, they could only ever see what was directly around them. As a result, it was difficult to see which ways led into dead-ends or which might lead to their goals.

Also, for the next part, it is possible to start from any unexplored path that got passed by previously, using the same system as before. Ideally, when a lot of options have been passed by, sent me an image/screenshot/other way of indicating which path they'd take to ensure we're on the same page regarding the point they'd be starting from for this new round.
)

RavenSong RavenSong Faynorae Faynorae
9KVC1YT.png

Salboros

The moment Sariel had gotten into the maze, Salbaros spoke up. “Let's get the feather. Let's get the feather before they take it.” He said, glad to see the Fae midget was no longer having his eyes on him. It was in his best interest to keep Sariel's interaction with those others to a minimum. “Little Angel, show them. Show them what you can do!” He said, encouraging Sariel's competitive spirit.

As they got into the maze, however, they ran into a dead end. It wasn't empty though. An odd red flower-esque plant-like thing was at the end of it. Oddly enough, getting close to it would make Sariel feel... more aggressive. Those people from before? They'd all been out to get him. They didn't understand him. They were just bullies and meanies. Good-for-nothings. Feelings like that would start creeping up while in proximity to this plant. Salbaros didn't seem affected by it.

On the topic of meanies, having walked into a dead-end, Aria was able to find them. She'd run into Sariel and Salbaros as they were about to turn around, spotting them and a bit of the plant they'd ran into. She was a bit further away from the plant, but even then, she'd start to feel a little more aggressive and upset with this bratty girl than she'd been before. Perhaps they'd best get away from this plant soon? Or perhaps they could just use it to tell each-other their true feelings. How much they loathed, hated and despised each-other and how disgusted, insulted and grossed out they were by the mere knowledge of the other's existence. Wait... were these feelings even really their own?

Valkan Valkan conman2163 conman2163
KMUN4rH.png

Well... that was a long adventure. Both Ryan and Retili managed to walk straight into the first dead-in on their path. First Ryan, then the treasure hunter ended up following, with Retili soon closing the line.

???
4aovO5b.jpg

“Well then, I guess we go in the other direction...” He said, holding his book whilst turning around. “By the way, neither of you two look like adventurers, no offence. How did you get caught up in this business?” He asked, turning around for them to start trying a different path next, depending on where Retili or Ryan wanted to head towards.

Uasal Uasal zlexis zlexis TheTimePiece TheTimePiece
nqz4dna.png

With their group navigating through the first tunnels, forced to be rank-and-file line, with Teuihua's size effectively making it near impossible for Eleanor or the two kids to see what was a head and for Delta to barely see what was behind, they came to a 'sudden' halt. That sudden halt was Delta running into an odd purple-ish flower. Oddly enough, being near it made her feel a desire to start spilling her secrets, such as blabbering about assassination techniques she learned. The same would go for Teuihua, who'd feel a growing urge to start talking about secrets, such as all the locations his previous civilisation had hidden their valuables and all the sacred sites that might still remain. Even Eleanor, being a bit further off and unable to see the plant itself, would feel some of its effects. She'd want to start talking about her life in Crete, how she wasn't originally from this world and to spill more secrets about herself while at it.

It was clear that, whatever this plant was doing, staying near it might not be safe for their privacy. They'd best move on quickly, or perhaps they wanted to turn this into a heartfelt truth-sharing session and lay it all in the open? The two kids in the back were far enough away to be unaffected thus far.

Catgirl Thief
63sAu1H.jpg

“Hey, what's going on? Why'd we stop?” The catgirl would call out from behind the others.

Kenku Thief
nNzFMWU.png

(Ignore the weapon.)
BkUQ2gv.png

“Squawk. Why stop? Squawk.” The Kenku Kid echoed her.

Regula Caelia

6nJE2op.png

“Alright, I'll follow your movement. Let's do this.” Regula spoke, having regained some confidence, despite feeling extremely vulnerable as tied up and like a fish out of the water as she was.

That confidence was shattered soon after, as she face-planted into the dirt the moment she spread her wings and pushed herself off-balance as a result. Having arms and legs tied up really made keeping her balance difficult, even before flying...

Hera
tdgiL1q.jpg

“Ah, are you alright ma'am?” Hera asked, helping Regula up again. Upon seeing Regula nod, however, she'd get back into teacher mode. “You forgot to consider the airflow you cause by suddenly spreading your wings like that. You really can't think of them as extra arms, they're wings. They need to move in wing-based manners, not like arms. Once you fully get that down, I'm sure flying will be easy.”

Once more, Regula nodded, gritting her teeth. “You're right.” She said, as she repeated to herself. “Wings, not arms. Wings, not arms.”

Once more, she looked at how gracefully Hera opened her wings and spread them, something Regula managed to clumsily repeat. This time without face-planting the dirt. More-over, she could feel what Hera meant now, as her arms were struggling against the robes. So she really did subconsciously try to move them along with her wings. Now that they couldn't physically do so, she was a lot more aware of just how much she did it. That was good. Being aware of your mistakes was the first step of fixing them.

“Alright, ma'am, let's just go for a low flying circle.” Hera said, slowly having her wings move to show Regula the pattern with which she'd eventually lift herself off of the ground.

With some effort, Regula succeed in repeating it. In fact, she was even flying again! This time, without even needing a magic leaf or jumping! It felt.. great. There was an odd mixture. Being tied up as she was felt extremely unnatural, yet the way she moved her wings now felt all the more natural. It was like some sort of switch was flipped.

Hera noticed it as well. “There you go, ma'am! It seems like the needed change was more of a mental one than a physical one. You can fly, you just need to reconfigure your brain on what to do it with. Wings, not arms.” She said, turning around mid-air to see Regula and holding still to see how well Regula would be able to stay flying in place.

The latter turned out to be pretty well. “Yes, I'm really getting it!” She replied, with a fair bit of enthusiasm.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back