• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
maxresdefault.jpg

The former Overlord watched the red coated man named Angelo revitalize the cells and tissue within his own arm simply by heating it up with fire. That certainly is not possible within my realm. What does this 'Angelo' posses? How is he capable of repairing himself on a cellular level? Furthermore, how did the frozen area not shatter? Even my limbs, when affected by Liquid Nitrate, are useless. Fire would not restore the cells to a working form, so Angelo must posses some form of 'magic' or a highly advanced salve that I have yet to discover for myself. Sovereign then allowed XI to restrain Angelo with his Memoir Power while the android continued to contemplate the implications of the red coated man's ability. Regardless, all empirical evidence proves that Angelo should not have been able to restore his arm to a functioning state, yet he has done so. This is certainly intriguing. I would like to capture Angelo so that I may run some tests to see what it is that allows him to restore his body so quickly. Perhaps I would be able to replicate the process.... The white haired male was then pulled out of his musings when Angelo froze XI's Memoir Power and then shattered it, releasing the man in the red coat from Amilla's grasp. It was a surprising spectacle to witness. Unfortunately, Angelo breaking out of Amilla's Memoir Power meant that Sovereign would now be required to expend additional energy to quell the stranger with the red coat.

Sovereign allowed Angelo to reveal the alleged location of the mission target, though he did not for one second believe that their opponent was telling the truth. Then, when the man in the red coat opened a Gate to another realm, Sovereign decided that he had been too lenient with Angelo. The android emptied the remaining five Liquid Nitrate rounds within Verdict into Angelo. Each round pierced a different joint in the man's body in addition to his neck. However, in spite of his mostly frozen form, Angelo still seemed capable enough to force himself through the Gate he had conjured. "That is unfortunate." Sovereign said as the Gate closed behind Angelo. The android began to load six new Liquid Nitrate rounds into Verdict as he continued to speak. "Not only was that Angelo fellow rude, but he seems capable of resisting and suppressing the XIV's power. Still, I certainly hope that he is inconvenienced by the parting gift I left him." The was an uncharacteristically amused tone to Sovereign's voice as the white haired male snapped Verdict's cylinder closed with a quick flick of his left wrist.

When XI next spoke up, Sovereign listened carefully, silently considering the helmeted man's words. XI may be right. There certainly does appear to be another player or faction on the universal playing field and their goals obviously do not align with our own. I do agree that it is imperative we put a stop to this opposing group, either through subjugation or elimination, however, I do not believe in trusting such a task to Number I. The man does posses a great deal of power, but he is not a tactical leader. I can tell from the way that man carries himself. His place is a battlefield, not a war room. Naturally, the former Overlord refrained from sharing his thoughts with XI, believing it best to keep them to himself. "Indeed, we should press forth. If Angelo's intel could be trusted, which it cannot, Azra Malpool is not too far from our current location." The white haired male stated as he turned his 'eyes' towards the reported direction of the mission target, gradually enhancing his optics' perception to look further afield to see if their opponent's words were true. Though, while he did this, Sovereign heard Amilla voice his suggestion for how they should proceed going forward. He was not impressed with his mission partner's idea. "Chrono is certainly a useful tool, however, it is not something that should be relied upon. It would be far more efficient to send you forth, XI. With your 'arms' and blade, you should be able to withstand the Gate creature's attention."

A small alarm within the android's mind alerted Sovereign to a nearby threat, granting him enough time to readjust his optics and locate the area of the perceived threat. The white haired male then witnessed a giant Gate creature crash into the ground, landing upon it's carapace like shell that protected it's back, as well as, the majority of its form. Then, Sovereign watched the Gate creature curl up into a rather sizable ball before rotating itself forwards in place, not dissimilar to a wheel, spinning whilst being held firmly in place. It was fascinating to watch, especially when the giant beast then shot forth not unlike an ancient piece of ammunition being fired out of an antique cannon, hurtling itself through local flora, tearing the greenery apart. Sovereign wondered for the briefest of moments if this Gate creature was the one the stranger, Angelo, had mentioned. The former Overlord did not have to ponder this for long because his silent question was soon answered when his optics focused on the individual they had been sent to this world to collect.

Sovereign was about to suggest that they both rush towards Azra Malpool to assist the woman in vanquishing the Gate creature, when an interesting idea presented itself to the fore of his 'mind'. "We could assist Miss Malpool," The android's words were intended for XI, yet it seemed as though the white haired male's attention was mostly focused upon the confrontation that would undoubtedly unfold before their eyes. "Or we could use this opportunity to allow her to prove herself as a worthy candidate for the XIV. If Miss Malpool is capable of vanquishing the Gate creature, then she would certainly be a valuable asset, just as Number I suspected. However, if Miss Malpool should prove incapable of doing so, perhaps we should look elsewhere for another potential recruit." Sovereign was aware that what he was suggesting was not conductive in carrying out Number I's orders, yet his idea did hold some merit. If the XIV were looking for strong, capable members, then giving Azra Malpool, the potential recruit, an opportunity to prove her mettle would be helpful. "If you are not pleased with my suggestion, you may go provide Miss Malpool with your services for this particular encounter. Though, regardless of what you decide, I shall remain here to monitor Miss Malpool's prowess from afar." To cement that he meant what he said, Sovereign holstered Verdict and casually hooked his thumbs into his pants' pockets.

Tags: TheExtravagantPurpleCape TheExtravagantPurpleCape

Last edited:
He saw his friend leap into action to save this boy.

"I hate using this legend..." His pupil and iris turned pure yellow, Roman numerals counting up to 12 went clockwise around his eye. The 12 blades spun behind him, they were golden, flashy and felt divine. "Take this it excels in breaking armor" A golden, dull short sword ever so slightly pierced into the hull of the diamond shaped forehead. The creature let out a growl as a mysterious glowing substance squirt from its head. "Don't worry about the beast I'll hold it off" This time they could beat the gate creature, they were no longer in the fantasy world, this looked like Callimar, but it was just a projection of the world, the gate creature had strong ties there. The memories of that world were ever-so-slightly flowing into, though for two legends, the minimal amount of power it was acquiring wouldn't even be considered a threat for them. The blades spinning in a circle behind him transitioned to spinning around him. He stuck his hand on a blade and pulled it out of the perfect defense. Aching Pain: A sword that reveals its true power in the rain. This set up was perfect. The small golden knife was surrounded by water forging a longer blade made of pure water.

He ran at the beast and swung his blade. Swing! thud! Clash! Slice! Crash! Rowan got forced back, he went flying. When his back started to scratch against the pavement he slammed his blade into the ground, to stop his unwilling slide. His blade gave him leverage to get up, the blade slid out of the crevice it made in the earth. Grr! Rowan was annoyed, his patience was being dwindled down with this creature, he had to be careful not to hurt Ceras or the boy, but he couldn't let the beast get to her either. "I dont think so" His cold eyes pierced the beast like one of his refined blades. His feet splashed against the floor of water - and then - the exterior of the creatures arm was breached with his blade, now the creature was in Aching Pain. The power of his blade was intense and vibrant, but the gate creature was high level, so it wasn't a pushover.

The creature pushed Rowan back, but he didn't go very far, before he could prep for another attack the creature plunged its arm into the ground. The magic ripple around them ceased, they could see the Pathways of the Gate around them. It held the orb in its hand, it power was of woe, its emotion irradiated and energy around them, you could feel what the boy went through, there was a deep routed sadness that created the hope inside his memories. The rain was gone and with it - so was the power of his blade, the water became a shapeless liquid again, it fell and created a puddle on the ground. He grabbed a new blade, the Frost Tooth, the blade was shaped like a fang. He went in to strike the beast, but it hit him with the orb before he could land a blow, upon the blow it cut into his flesh, even more than that - his mind, a flood of memories that weren't his came to his mind, the sorrow ached in his very soul. He wouldn't give up, he had a home again, it was with XIV, and his friend Ceras needed him. Friend. Friend. Friend. the word rang through his head, but his mind didnt scatter, his heart gained a sense of resolve, a different type of power. He let out a war cry "Ahhhhh!"

His blade struck into the creature's left arm, Ice started to form throughout, then it shattered into bits and pieces. A glowing yellow blood started to seep where its arm use to be. The creature was angry. That was it! He knew about this creature, he had heard about it once before. number 1 told him about the creature, it feeds on memories and turns it into a sphere, it creates a world of memories, hopes, dreams, and desires; then it uses it as a power source, but it most store the person inside of its gem prism, also known as a diamond. They use these fake worlds to trap people who traverse gates so they can kill them, he felt a bit ashamed. Every member of XIV was warned about these creatures, as they weren't a threat to take lightly. They were known as Memory Cerberus. Just like the three-headed dog of the underworld, they guarded their realm, which for them was memories. They had one other trick up their sleeve that it had yet to reveal, they could also absorb memories from the orb if they so choose.

The Memory Cerberus was preparing it's next attack. The orb was held above his head, it was expanding even bigger, lines surrounded creating a grid on the spherical surface. After seconds of charging up, the beast blasted the sphere at Rowan. It consumed him, he was being dragged under the current of memories. A lifetime of experiences, feelings, desires, and dreams pulled him deeper into the abyss of his memories.

Dad why do we have to stay outside, I want to play in the rain................haha this is fun!...............please don't tell my dad!...........Timothy! Where are you?..........Dad watch out! Noooo!.....................Time of death 2:00. Cause: A Sabre tooth Wolf...............no, I dont wanna die save me!....................The boy in the raincoat. He saved me mom. There's still hope left..............

Rowan found himself back in the world of fantasy. But it wouldn't go down the same way as last time. The secrets of this world have been exposed. He knew what he had to do. The boy in the raincoat emerged, their blades clashed before they both recoiled backwards.

"I know the secret of your world. My blade can has a pair of scissors that can cut any type of strings, I'll cut this thread of memories!"

His blade opened up to reveal an assortment of tools stored within. This was one of his Swiss Army Sword's abilities. He punctured his blade into the ground. The reality around them started to crumble until it was shattered like glass. Suddenly he was back in the Pathways of the Gate, he was falling from the sky alongside the glass bits from the broken manifestation of the boys memory, luckily this wouldn't harm the boy or his psyche, the orb was just a copy. Rowan was feeling weak, all the maneuvers he performed used too much energy, but the fight wasn't over yet. The 11 blades moved above his head, they started to spin around each other at rapid speeds, they were pointed at the Memory Cerberus. His blades punctured his two arms, legs, and other appendages. The creature was pinned to the ground and couldn't move.

"The rest it up to you!" He passed the torch to her, the rest was up to her, she could finish this. By the looks of it, the boy was almost free'd.

"Or we could use this opportunity to allow her to prove herself as a worthy candidate for the XIV. If Miss Malpool is capable of vanquishing the Gate creature, then she would certainly be a valuable asset, just as Number I suspected. However, if Miss Malpool should prove incapable of doing so, perhaps we should look elsewhere for another potential recruit." The proposal was surprising, if number 1 wanted to he could kill them on the spot. However his idea was within reason. Even though they had been watching her for sometime now, Amilla wasn't against the idea. If they truly had to they could put another member in her place. Their job was never a simple matter. They needed the best recruits they could find. If he had learned anything in her time with the XIV, it's that they required valuable assets.

"Your request could get us terminated. That being said, I still don't mind. You can learn the strengths of a person by how they fight in combat" Despite the risks involved Amilla didn't mind. Their intellect was far superior to your standard legend. There was a strategy behind it too. Even in the worse case scenario number 1 wouldn't kill them. The loss of two members would be too great of a loss.

natural-portabella.regular.png
427.jpg

Eons had passed, the last time the twin stars graced the skies. As Gabriel spoke, the twins slowly got to their feet, assisting one another in doing so, along with a bit of long overdue stretching of very tense muscles. Though the thought of their previous comrades and friends being long gone was not a welcome thought. Zorya and Zwezda never had gotten their chances to say farewell to them, being that they were within the crystal, doing everything they could to protect the worlds from devastation. Looking to each other, the twins knew, they were alone once more, just like when they were in the city. While new companions would take the places of their old, and they do have Gabriel, it was an incredibly small fraction of whom they had left. As they looked, they had a small banter with just their expressions, they were in each other's minds for a moment, with the room shifting from the chamber they rest within the crystals in, to the chamber known as the Maiden's Domain.

Memories flooded back with the twins, though their nostalgia was interrupted by Gabriel's words,
"...You must re-aquire the rank of two. An event that would ordinarily be impossible, but you two share a legend making the impossible - possible, and making you invaluable to the group. Our friendship, it's invaluable to me" Accompanying his words, a small orb with a two within the clear glass shell. As it was shrank and then juggled for a moment, before being tossed to the twins, Zorya's left hand reached out for the orb, matching, was Zwezda's right hand, grasping the orb, allowing the energy to find it's way back to the two, a shared legend. The twins then turned to the new sets of armour, lined next to each other, made of the same components and looking identical, befitting the twins, whom smiled gracefully. It had been too long, and both were ready for what may come next.

However, a question was posed, of their loyalty to the Maiden, the first to respond was Zorya, as normal for the two, as she was the outgoing one of the two, "Our loyalties have not changed. Nor have our goals." Her remark was swift as ever, never one to hide her words she looked to Gabirel with her ever confident smile. In the meantime, Zwezda had gone to the armour sets, the white and red colours were the same as ever, it felt nostalgic for her, to see this armour once more, having spent so long within the embrace of the metal plating and cloak, with her longsword in hand, dancing around a battlefield with her five other blades. Yet, to Zwezda, something felt amiss. She turned to Gabriel, her words lacking the same fire and passion as her twin sister's, they were more sullen and almost cold, "You mentioned a final plan. What might've happened in the time we were gone that you would have to reach a final plan?" She was blunt of it, there was something she wished to know, and she wasn't going to take a simple deflection for an answer.

Before the order of XIV

A boy sat alone in the dark of night. Behind him was a burning village, every building was ablaze. A rival nation's soldiers paroled for any remaining life. This was the boys home. Everything he ever knew was killed or burnt to a crisp. This was the world he lived in. One of the enemy solider spotted the boy "Hey, he's over here!" The boy sat still. Despite the fear in his heart, despite the loss of his family, despite the destroyed hope - he sat unmovable. A small quadrant surrounded the boy that posed no threat. "Any last words?" The leader asked. There was a long pause. The boy had nothing to say to the murdering scum. This was it for him. "Nothing? Alright finish him" His words were casual. This was their army where murder was the regular, to them nothings seemed odd about it, even though they were the only nation doing it. The cold military group pinned him down. A big, bulky man pressed a blade against his throat. This was it He though. There was no sadness, anger, or grief. He wouldn't show emotion for the enemy. Goodbye World.....

His eyes were clenched shut, yet the area became bright. The loud nose of thuds could be heard, there was a struggle, the screams of soldiers could be heard as they were killed one-by-one. When he opened his eyes he saw a goddess, her beauty unrivaled. She was over two stories tall and had 14 arms.

"I'm Myzara, the Memoir Miaden. Whats your name?" Her voice was calming. The words spoke to his very soul.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
The Old XIV Order...... 11 years later....

A young Gabriel in his prime roamed the city streets of Calmikra City. The sky was a warm orange, the buildings were made of an orange brick, it was modern. This was the town where kids could play in peace, the aura of the place was unlike any other world, Gabriel could account for that himself. In this world no violent act happen, if you tried - well you couldn't try, any violent thought wouldn't even trigger in your brain. This was the rule of this world, it wasn't enforced by magic, this was just the laws of physics here. Which meant Gabriel could get a break from battling for once. All of the members of XIV were here. They had the single goal of presenting themselves, by doing so word about them could travel, this would strengthen the power of their legends. While becoming more powerful was always something to strive for, that wasn't why they were spreading their myths, there was a war coming. Their leader Number 1 constructed this plan. 'It was vital to winning!' he would repeat himself often. Which Gabriel was one-hundred percent behind, he didn't always get along with number 1 nor did he like him too much, but the truth is he always got them through every mission safely. That's why he and the others were willing to display themselves.

He entered the city auditorium located in the center of the town It was inside a crater in the ground, there were seats and stairs going downwards, all leading to the very bottom, where a stage used for public events was. This was where they were too meet. Gabriel jumped into action jogging down the stairs to meet up with his fellow members. After an hour of waiting they all managed to gather together. An entire audience of the towns people had gathered together, every seat was taken by the townsfolk. Their leader, Gal walked into the room.

"We are too go out there when the clock strikes 3. I will give you a reminder of rehearsal. You are all to stand out there with your shinning armor, but you are NOT to talk. I will introduce us, then the Mayor will give us a warm welcome. Then you can go to the fair if you please" He was quick and straight to the point.

Gabriel whispered to his friends Zorya and Zwezda "It's just like Gal to do all the talking". He was being a smart mouth like usual.

When the clock stroked 3 they entered the stage. Their armor glamoured in the light. Gabriel felt proud to be on the stage. To be a proud member of the XIV. He felt most accomplished about serving the maiden. After all he was the only one who knew here secret.

Gal entered the stage "It is up to man to defend the world from the creatures that wish to harm it. These hero's armor is flashy, but it's more than that, It's a representation for the standard we are held too. It's up to us to protect the world before you, but also every world. Each member here values the balance of the worlds. They are the protectors that watch over everyone, they are the hero's who swoop in when you need saved. Most importantly we are XIV!" The audience clapped from the amazing acting of their leader. He was a man of many talents, one just happened to be his charisma. After the crowd calmed the mayor stepped in to speak.

"Im proud to welcome these legends into our community and to spread the word of them. Can we get another warm welcome for our newest members of out humble town!"

That Night at the Fair.......

They sat on the hill overlooking the city. All the townsfolk were here to watch the dazzling display of fireworks. Gabriel and his fellow members were hanging out by each other, he chose to sit by number II his best friends. They watched as the colorful explosions reached the peak of the sky. This was beautiful and brought satisfaction and inner peace.

"You know Double Z's we need more time off to relax. We always work, work, work. But I hope one day we can just go out and have fun. I'd really like that. I think it'd be fun to go visit a beach........or an amusement park.....or something?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
Before the War.... The Old XIV Order....

Gabriel was going for a casual stroll. Which he'd always do after a mission complete. He walked down the long, beautiful halls of the Memoir Maiden Castle. The door to the war room was peaked open, he could hear Gal talking.

"The entirety of Calmikra City has vanished. I know who did it too. It was him. It's highly likely he is conducting another experiment for another of his ungodly spells. This changes everything-"

The Maiden spoke "This changes nothing. Even with this set back we must go to war before they gain anymore power"

"The odds don't appear to be in our favor, we could lose a decent amount of our members"

"I care for you all like my children. But this is war, we must do this or else the enemy will become to powerful"

"Yes mam" His voice remained calm he understood the world was at stake. The conversation ended.

This was a conversation Gabriel wished he hadn't heard. The war was at the dawn of tomorrow morning. If Gal could be believed, which he could, then everyone could be in danger. This wasn't an outcome he was comfortable with. There was a new mission, he knew he could get in trouble or even terminated, but that was one of the only risks' he was willing to take.

That Night.....The moment of truth.

There he stood in front of the mural. It was located in the center of the castle. The art showed a story of a grand war between the maiden's, it all took place centuries ago, the battle was long and brutal, the worse part about it was the maidens only lost something from the experience. This room will do Gabe thought to himself. In war you had to think of the whole squadron, but in this case he could only think of - His thought was interrupted as Zorya and Zwezda entered the room. They must've been curious about the fact Gabriel asked them to meet him here. He was joyful to see them, this would be the last time in awhile. "We both know the war is tomorrow. You're strong, too strong, no one could stop you, I know. And yet I can't stop this lingering feeling inside. It could all go wrong. Just know I care about you" His hands glowed a light blue, the energy of his aura manifested on his hands. He grabbed the necklace out of his shirt and held it in his hand. By using the aura of his hand he could flow the aura in the crystal into his friends, which would put them in a state of crystallization. This was the only way to save his friends. They both trusted their friend, so they never expected him to punch them in their guts, it wasn't a critical blow. They went flying into the wall, their bodies become one with the mural. This was his selfish mission. "I will return to free you" There orb with the number 2 was held in his hand. As he left the room he tossed the crystal up and down.

-------------------------------------------------------------​
The day of war

The battlefield was a barren desert, the sand was a brownish-crimson. The place was filled with weapons stabbed into the ground and decorated with bodies scattered around. Today was the day of war, he wasn't scared, he only cared about ending this endless war between his Maiden - and theirs. They had 4 warriors on their side, they all were wearing armor. Their Maiden had 6 arms, her body was covered in a dark energy, it's eyes were glowing blue. They had 13 members and 1 Memoir Maiden, they were fully armored and ready for war. Gal saw they were missing one member.

"Where is number 2"

"I don't know" Gabriel was quick and blunt with his response. It worked because Gal didn't question it.

The air was tense. This was the big fight they all prepared for. They raised their weapons for a charge. In only the matter of a second they ran into the frey. This was it. As they ran a sudden and heavy sandstorm blew in. They couldn't see anything. The sharp edges of the sand cut into his armor, though he was wondering what is happening. Eventually the sand started to pass, when the storm cleared all his allies were gone. It was only Gabriel and a stranger. The entire field was empty, everyone of his allies weren't anywhere to be seen. The once lively battlefield full of violent and death was now quiet and empty. He looked stared at the man. His armor was rigid and his helmet had wings sprouting from the top. This was a trap set by the enemy, the purpose was unknown.

"I see they gave me the weakest link. Number XIV. I'm not big on the numbers and the 'legendary' heroes. So Ill go first. The name's Angelo"

Gabriel activated his legend becoming the unmovable man.

"You want to play? Okay let's play. I wasn't going to use this yet, but I want to test this out. Anti-Legendaga!" The orb shot into Gabriel, the spell didn't hurt in the slightest, but it was effective. His armor fizzled up into the sky. This brought a look of satisfaction to Angelo's face. "You don't need to speak. I do well to keep myself entertained. So let's see if the real you can dance" four magic spheres of energy appeared spinning around in front of him. They were red, blue, green, and yellow. "Eeny, meeny, miny, moe" He selected the red and blue orb. They manifested into two swords of pure energy, one was fire, his right hand, and one was ice, his left hand. He slashed the blades against each other, they created a spark of energy.

"I will stand my ground" Gabriel unsheathed his sword. He slashed at the man - their swords clashed! They appeared to be evenly matched. The swords were trading blow for blow. His next swing recoiled off Angelo's fire sword. When suddenly he countered with both his swords, he sliced the in an X pattern, the blades cut over his eyes creating an X pattern over his face.

"It's been fun sparing but game time is over. It's time to wrap up this war" He looked down to Gabriel. Angelo didn't even see him as a threat.

This sparked an anger inside Gabe, this wasn't over, he wouldn't give in until he died, his will was unwavering, his soul was unbreakable. There was one more trick up his sleeve, he slipped the orb 'Number II' out of his pocket. This was his only chance, his hope was in the orb. Gabriel absorbed the crystal into himself, a mortal could only handle the power of 1 legend orb at a time, but that didn't matter to Gabe right now. He was only concerned about winning this war. The power felt similar, he could feel his friends as the energy of II entered his body, they were with him. He channeled his aura and his fists started to gather energy around them, but this time his friends were with him. His hair turned bright red, his fists electrified, a crimson aura surrounded him. His hair was stained with the color red, the color of his close ties to Zorya and Zwezda. In the flash of an eye Gabriel grabbed the man by the arm.

"What?!?!"

He snapped the mans arm. Then proceeded to kick him away. His body crashed into the ground, his body was severely damaged. This battle was over. The storm returned to carry Gabe back to the battle. When the the magic wind lifted he could see his companions once again. The battle appeared to be over. The other warriors were on their knees. That wasn't all, the XIV lost 4 of it's members from this battle. The two Maidens stared at each other, until the dark one spoke.

"This battle wasn't a loss. Now the whole worlds will know your names. Isn't this everything you could ever dream of?" The dark one had unspoken motives. This wasn't a fight to the death, it was for another cause. One they didn't know of.

"I don't trust you for a moment. But this war is over. I will do what must be done to seal you away!"

"You wouldn't"

The Maiden did a ritual dance, she moved her arms around softly, they left echoes behind. She clapped her hands together and opened them, A crystal shot out into the Dark One, her body started to crystallize into a black pearl, the dark one was frozen in time.

"We won!" Gal let out a small giggle.

"Not without loss" A tear went down her face. Her chest started to turn to stone, the curse spread all over her body, until she became entirely stone. Despite this fact the enemy still chose to retreat into a Gate. This battle had to many loses. This was the world.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~Gabriel~

Present day

"In the war, the dark one made our legends known. We got more than we bargained for. The more word of our legends that got spread the more power we got, this had a fatal backlash, it was too much power for the mortal body to handle, no one can handle that much magic. That is why I had to find a way to limit the power one can draw from their legend. That's why I kept you asleep longer than intended. I found a way to control the orbs. I know you didn't ask, but knowing you I bet you were wondering what happened to our comrades"

He looked towards the Maiden.

"Our final plan has changed. I want to return the Maiden to flesh. We were to conduct business as usual until we needed you. I am to stay by the Maiden at all cost's, I know only I can do this. But I was struck with conflict. It was her who allowed me to save you. It was my selfish desire - to bring an old friend back" This Gabriel was different from the one they once knew. But he wasn't lost, a glimpse of their friend was still inside.

Grey was examining some books in a study while a scene of multiple rotting thorn gate creatures surrounded him. He can't deny that his anger is making it harder not to simply destroy this castle for hurting his friend,especially with the memories getting worse. Shaking his head and went back to his task, sorting through books when he felt a soul he knew well, one that normally burned so bright and sounding like the cry of a great bird, dimmed and made a squawk of pain.

Grey immediately dropped the book he was holding and rushed to the souls location, Memories making themselves known with Grey hoping his power might be being messed with an illusion. Grey stopped at a set of double doors, Scarlets on the other side. As Grey went to open the doors, Several thorn covered vines thrust through the door than Grey, pulling him in through the door revealing a library. Grey gets aloft and sees Scarlet wrapped in thorned vines with a few additional vines pointed at her throat. Grey also looks around to see scorch marks on some shelves/walls along with burnt to a crisp thorn creatures. "Why hello little peasant thief,did you enjoy touring the grounds? Your friend here was a bit too curious and is gonna pay for trespassing along with you," says what looks to be a man made of thorns while they gesture towards to Scarlet.

Anything else the man says Grey doesn't hear, just staring at Scarlets pained expression along with blood dripping to the floor from where she is. Memories of an orc rushing into battle with axe held high before being impaled by a bony hand, A female sorceress having her magic be overpowered and fall to a curse. As similar memories continue to go though his head he asks Scarlet "if she can escape". She nods and burns through the vines, surprising the man from his monologue."She isn't escaping and nei-", the thorn man started to say before a giant moss covered fist sends him through the wall. Grey withdraws said fist and proceeds to take off his beloved mask, revealing a mass of spores,moss, and other plant matter, writhing and growing wildly. Grey tosses the mask to Scarlet and says "run and find the the book than leave so you aren't caught up in my rampage" before his body grows along with spores going though the air and vines burrowing through the ground, withering and devouring thorn vines that come into contact with them. Grey has one thought as he leaves the room through the hole he made, "I hope that the others don't find out about this."

Ceras.gif
Ceras flashed from form to form, desperately attempting to work her way through either the flesh around the jewel holding their target or the gem itself. Encountering a memory cerberus, however, defied her expectations. Truth be told she'd felt rather on the back foot with most of today’s events, which was not a position she was used to occupying. While she knew memory cerberus existed, she’d never crossed paths with one before. But now the beast was before them, and it wasn’t in a dream world rigged with bogus rules, it was a thing that could be killed in a place where it could be killed. However, just how tied the cerberus and the boy were was difficult to say. As was whether they were to kill the kid still or not. This boy might be their only link to this mysterious ‘guardian angel’ that seemed so amused by her and IV.

IV fought rigorously, but she desperately needed the creature’s arms to be preoccupied, or pinned so that she could cut away in relative peace. But that was proving difficult. The cerberus was incredibly strong and incredibly tough, it was taking blows from IV's arsenal that she doubted anyone except One could withstand, and while weathering a bit, the cerberus was holding strong.

As the creature alternated blocking and attacking, his free arms would swing over head, to bat at the nettling cloud that was Ceras. Getting used the cerberus’s speed took Ceras aback. She was baffled by how such a large creature could move so quickly without breaking itself. However, no matter how quick the creature was, Ceras was faster, and managed to remain safe decently well. That is until tiny hair-like protrusions from the skin, started to shoot out and stab at her.

The first few caught her unawares, slipping through her defense before she could react. She stiffened and froze as she examined her perforated leg for just a moment before more hairs spring up. Ceras quickly disappeared into the air to avoid the veritable onslaught. This wasn’t going too well.

Then, IV changed tactics and began using a different blade, a frozen claw like weapon. Where it cut, the creature’s skin began to freeze, and it’s movements slowed. Yes, Keep doing that! she thought at him. As she resumed anew her efforts to free the boy from the creature. However, just as they were finally getting a grip on the situation, the memory cerberus unleashed a torrent of memories, sweeping IV away with them. He was gone, where did he go? There was precious little information known on how these creatures manipulated memories. Ceras felt the panic begin to set in, but she held herself together. She knew IV could handle himself, and she -- though alone -- was not useless against such a beast. She had to abandon trying to free the boy, for the moment, though, until she could regain control over the situation.

Ceras dodged, weaved, and bobbed through the creature’s attacks. Though it was massive, incredibly fast, and incredibly strong it was merely a brute, aside from the memory manipulation these creatures were so named for, however, for whatever reason, it did not deign to try and do the same to her that it had done to IV. While she danced through the claws, fists, teeth, tail, and needle-like hairs, she began to wonder just how strong she’d become. Before she hadn’t been able to crush the marshals that had pursued her with her psionics. But, since becoming a part of the XIV, she’d gained incredible strength of mind and body, and she’d been more than capable of dealing with most obstacles in her way when it came to confrontation, but nothing had truly come close to testing her limits. Now with a seemingly indomitable force in front of her, she wondered how she might fare. She was doing well enough by dodging, but she knew that it was only a matter of time before her wounds caught up with her and the tables turned. Whereas, it appeared as though the cerberus could continue forever.

Ceras, stopped jumping around like a flea, and stood there, with a pensive countenance. It didn’t take long for the creature to take the bait and strike her. The bulldozer of a fist, came rushing at her like a freight train, and, with bit of a thud, the fist connected with her. It was anticlimactic, truthfully. The fist simply came to a stop, all the forward momentum seemingly sapped from the creature's arm. Ceras’s mind, however, was reeling from the sheer amount of force she was attempting to contain telekinetically. The cerberus seemed confused, as all the wind fell out of its sails. It looked at it’s fist, looked at the ground, then took its fist and smashed the ground. The floor shook like an earthquake. It snorted with resolve, now sure that its hand and arm were working appropriately, and refocused on the small red-headed woman in front of it.

Ceras took a very controlled step forward, over the roiling ground. And then another. Steam was rising off of her, and her eyes were blazing with psychic energy. The rune that was imprinted on her through her legend, blazed with a white light, over her left shoulder. Her nose was bleeding rather profusely, but she couldn't be bothered to notice as she stalked closer still. All her focus was spent controlling the energy from the creature's punch, and attempting to keep it from ripping her apart. She held out a hand and Aelsweyr gracefully fell into it. The world seemed to slow around her as she marched forward. The creature, unnerved but reconfirmed in its own strength, lashed out to pummel the comparatively small individual in front of it.

And in the fraction of a flash, Ceras thrust the energy through her legs as she dashed forward, increasing her velocity by orders of magnitude. She then poured the rest of the energy into a strike with her mystical dagger. Aelsweyr immediately coalesced into a long and thin razor of bonewhite. The blade met the jewel containing the boy, as Ceras whizzed by. A clean sounding cut rang as Aelsweyr sliced through the crystalline material.

Ceras soared into the air, propelled by her momentum. The clash was instantaneous and sounded like a clap of thunder as she broke the sound barrier several times over. She could feel her body reeling from the use of such tremendous forces, and her wounds ached renewed. But she could not rest yet, she was far from done.

As she reached the height of her jump, and felt that moment of weightlessness, she telekinetically tethered herself to the ground. She then used the tethers to rotate herself around and slingshot her towards the ground.

Good news was that IV was back from his trip down memory lane, and Ceras was entering terminal velocity in her dive bomb towards the cerberus. She readied Aelsweyr and buried it deep within the creature’s shoulder on impact, bringing the beast to its knees. IV, though unsteady, managed to pull himself together enough for a final push. He took his remaining weapons and buried them in the creature, pinning its arms to the ground.

IV stumbled back exhausted, and passed the rest to Ceras. She reexamined her situation. The beast was thrashing about, its needling hairs would still be an issue, perhaps, but the memory cerberus was pinned well and good. The crystal that held the boy had had it’s top sheered off and was open to the pathways’s air -- good -- a gel-like substance slopping and oozing out as the beast violently vied for freedom.

The rune on her shoulder flared, and her eyes waxed white. She stood before the thrashing cerberus calmly, she wanted to extricate the child before anything else happened, but it was too dangerous, she most likely wouldn’t be able to grab the child and shield him from every stray strand of hair or even the creature’s teeth. She needed the creature to settle down, and she doubted that tricking it’s mind would work, being that it was a creature that could manipulate memory, so she went for something a bit more brutish.

Her eyes flashed an even whiter white, and the beast’s body locked up for but a moment. Then gleaming golden blood spattered on the white space of the pathways, as it hacked and coughed, and oozed from ears and eyes. The beast slumped, it weakly attempted one last violent tug against the swords that bound it in place, and then collapsed.

The Rune of Power winked out, and Ceras nearly collapsed from suddenly losing the support she had been leaning on. “Rowan?” she asked tentatively. Riding the diminishing waves of adrenaline, she shakily walked over to IV. She then helped him up and supported him, giving him her shoulder to lean on. They were certainly worse for wear, but would be better and ready to go with a little bit a rest. She looked over to the remains of the Cerberus, specifically the kid half hanging out of the crystal.

“What now? We still need to kill him? He could have answers for us…” she trailed off. She was still auxiliary to this situation and was looking to IV for direction, especially given that this was his mission to begin with.

filigree-clipart-paragraph-break-3.png

Last edited:
As she burned through the vines she ran towards the book and quickly swiped it. Why do they want this book so much. Scarlet thought this to herself then turned to Grey. " I have the book. I'm going back to where we appeared when we got here and make a gate back to the Maiden. If you don't catch up by the time I get there I'm going through. If you can meet, me back at the Maiden. Good luck." She turned to leave and and ran towards the spot they appeared from. As she ran there were creatures that were in her way. She blasted the fire straight through 3 of them, which just closed back up after it went through them. Of course. I keep forgetting that they can do that. I have tot hide for a minute. Scarlet ran in another direction and found a a room she could hide in. She could hear the commotion from where she came from. She hoped Grey would be okay on his own. That's when she felt something drip down from her legs and her arms and her face. She touched her face and looked at her fingertips and saw blood. " Is this my blood? of course it is those things don't bleed. I should have paid more attention. No matter I'll just heal them since they are only cuts." Scarlet sat there, closed her eyes and concentrated and focused only on her body. As she did this all of her cuts were healed. She opened her eyes and already felt better. Now to get out of here.

Scarlet left and went straight towards the entrance of the castle and didn't let anything stop her from getting in her way. After a while she reached the main gates. So far so good just to need to make it to the edge of town and hope that nothing gets in my way. She headed for the town and did not see anything along the way. When she reached the town she saw a beast made of thorn as big as two story building. She didn't care what it took she was getting past this creature. She drew her weapons and ignited them on fire as the beast then charged her. Scarlet and the beast were exchanging blows but the beast wasn't losing any stamina. Scarlet was tired and didn't know what to do she could not hold on much longer. Time then slowed for just a second as she felt the surge. Scarlet then had grin on her face. Behind the beast was the sun coming up over the horizon, a new day had begun. Scarlet heard the birds off in the distance though there were few. She felt the cool morning breeze on the back of her neck. The beast was looking at her with fear. She turned her head and looked behind her and saw two phoenix wings that had sprouted from her back. All current wounds on her were instantly healed. Her Instinct took over as she took flight. Scarlet felt faster and stronger as power surged through her. She started to rapidly create fireballs and send them down to the beast below. They were penetrating the beast so quickly that it could not regenerate. It tried to fight back but it was useless. Scarlet then came in for the finishing blow with her whips and as she did it bust into flames. Scarlet landed and as she did her wings disappeared. "That was amazing. What was that? It must have been the memoir maidens power. That was incredible I've never felt so alive." Scarlet quickly got over her excitement and continued on her way. She eventually reached the spot, but did not see Number III. She created the portal back to memoir maidens realm and turned to look behind her and saw no one coming. I'll see you later... friend. Scarlet then stepped through appearing back in the realm of the memoir maiden. She needed to have a talk with Number I.

When she appeared in and did not see Number 1 anywhere. Scarlet was going search every inch to find him then decided a better idea. "Number I where are you we need to talk. NOW!" She shouted this not caring if anyone else was here. Scarlet hoped he would show himself. Hoping she could get so answer's.

Last edited:
Naoya.full.479239.jpg

Sovereign had never been more disappointed in his life. He was part of an organization that boasted to have Legends as it's champions and as a member of that order, the android would admit that he had higher expectations for the individuals who made up the XIV. The former Overlord was tasked, as a member of the XIV, to locate the best possible recruits to join the organization and since those recruits were not all quite as distinguished as the current members, Sovereign tried to be reasonable by lowering those high expectations. Unfortunately, Sovereign was still left unimpressed with the individual he had been tasked to recruit today. All I had desired was to test this 'Azra Malpool', an individual claimed to be descended from celestial creatures and a powerful combatant. Obviously, this realm views the word 'Power' differently if this is all this woman could do. If the android had lungs, he would have sighed at viewing the dead husk of what used to be a Gate creature and the tattered remains of their potential recruit not too far from the beast's corpse.

The fight, while it had indeed been impressive with Azra's ability to siphon off the Gate creature's life force, was decidedly one sided. It had been quite clear from the start that the woman had been outmatched by the large, armored beast, yet Sovereign had hoped that Azra would be cunning and devise a strategy to either vanquish the creature or cleverly flee. Instead, Sovereign watched the woman said to be a descendant of 'Angels' enter what essentially became a slugfest between herself and the massive creature. It was a brutal, bloody, vicious and pointless fight that consisted of constant melee and the gradual accumulation of wounds for both sides. Still, Sovereign had held out hope that the potential recruit would somehow make it out of the ugly situation thanks to her odd ability. That hope lasted for approximately two seconds before the android realized that Azra would not survive this encounter, so he allowed it to reach it's bloody end.

"Come along XI, there is nothing here for us anymore." The gray haired male turned his back to the aftermath of the bloody melee he had witnessed only moments ago. Sovereign then pulled out another device from his front right pants's pocket and activated it. A soft 'click' could be heard a moment before a Gate sprung to life before the two XIV members. "I have no access to magic." The former Overlord explained to his mission partner as he put the small, cylindrical device back within his pocket. "Thankfully I understand how to craft items that can replicate it's effects. Otherwise I would be forced to pair up on every mission Number I sent us out on, thus wasting time and potentially causing the XIV as a whole to forego an advantage." It was not wise to reveal this information to any of the other XIV members, especially when Sovereign was uncertain of their allegiances, yet he knew that it would be impossible to hide his work in the lab he constructed. That is why the android believed it was better for him to voice that skill to show how valuable of an asset he was to any potential plans the other members may have.
-------------------------------------------------------

After stepping through the Gate and into the realm of the Memoir Maiden once more Sovereign could immediately distinguish that something had gone amiss. It was not difficult to piece that particular conclusion together with Number VIII shouting out within the room containing the Goddess Statue, for Number I. Perhaps I can make use of Number VIII's plight. It has been difficult to interact with her and she may yet be of use to me. With this in mind, the former Overlord approached the usually timid brunette. "Is something the matter, Number VIII?" Sovereign inquired while recognizing that Number III, who had been assigned to Number VIII's mission as well, was missing. Number III is not here yet? Odd. Still, I am confident that he will prevail against whatever foolish creature stands before him. That one is capable of accomplishing great feats that would cause even Number I some concern if he understood a fraction of what I do about that bird and I have yet to truly scratch the surface of understanding what Number III is capable of. The gray haired male turned his attention outwards again so that he could focus on the young woman before him, even if he was just as capable of a conversationalist when distracted. "Please, tell me what occurred on your mission. If I can, I shall offer my assistance."

Tags: TheExtravagantPurpleCape TheExtravagantPurpleCape AxElKiNgHeArT13 AxElKiNgHeArT13

Location: Azra Malpool's World / Memoir Maiden's Realm - Goddess Statue Room

"Thankfully I understand how to craft items that can replicate it's effects. Otherwise I would be forced to pair up on every mission Number I sent us out on, thus wasting time and potentially causing the XIV as a whole to forego an advantage."

"Your crystal is magic you know. That means in theory you could use it's magic to open a Gate. I'm no magic user personally, but I know science and back where I'm from I'm pretty clever. Not that you asked, but there's that"

He wasn't sure why the Sovereign gave him such information. If he had to guess it was a token of his trust. This mission they really hit it off.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Sovereign stepped through the Gate and returned home. "You go on ahead, I would like to investigate the area more"

All that was left was a corpse and a gigantic gate creature corpse. It was a real shame that Azra wasn't strong enough. Their members weren't plentiful at the moment. Though not like any of that really mattered to him anyway. He stared at the lifeless corpse, it was a disturbing thought. "I'm sorry but I shouldn't let your soul wonder to nothing" He called fourth one his water arms from the ground, it grasped Azra's body. Her body was converted into energy, the energy surged down the arm, which created lines from the fingertips all the way down the arm. Her essence was absorbed into the arm. He knew the science of the soul. He just used that in tandem with his legend to enhance its power. He didn't dare tell his fellow members. If word got out he wasn't sure if they'd accept it or not. This subject was controversial. The idea of preserving a soul was seen as good, but using a soul for your own agenda was seen as bad. There was no telling how any given person would treat this matter.

"I see that you know more than your legend. I like that" Angelo emerged from the forest.

"Of course. Our legend may give us a Memoir power of great power. But in the end it's only a means to an end. I am so much more than just a legend" He scoffed.

"You're strong attitude is exactly why we recruited you. I'm just glad you're on our side" He played.

"As long as our deal stays in place. Then your safe" His eyes stared sharply at Angelo.

"Ah come on I'm just playing. I'll see you around" He disappeared.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Later that day.......

He was certain by this time of day that number XIII had turned in the mission report. He returned to the hangout spot to see if Rowan was there. After work they would talk about their day. It wasn't much. But talking after work was what he looked forward too. He took a seat on the edge of the roof to look at the sky. The sun was going down and he could see the stars starting to light up the sky. This was a beautiful sight. Though he did wonder how this random building came top be. After all there was only two structure that he knew of. The castle and the hangout spot. There must have been life here at a point in time. After all who else would build this?

As it started to get late he worried Rowan wasn't going to show.

~Rowan: Number VI~

"No, the boy can live. He has nothing to do with our mission. However while we fought the beast, there's no doubt our 'friend' met has a head start on finding the real boy in the raincoat" He thought about the mysterious man. There was no doubt that another group similar to there's - or at the very least - a group able to travel through the gate. This was alarming, it would be important to tell one after their mission. But they had a task they still had to accomplish yet. The boy might have answers. Rowan wasn't sure of the mental effects the Memory Cerberus had on the boy. He was in a deep slumber. Which was an effect of the Cerberus, it put it's victims in a deep sleep so it could enter their mind easier, then it would gather the most powerful of memories, hopes, and desires.

"It's become apparent that the Memory Cerberus was just a distraction to hide the real world. Now that it isn't in our way we should be able to find the true Caillmar. But I shouldn't get ahead of myself, we need to take care of ourselves" Rowan pulled out a potion. It was full of a glowing, light green liquid. He took a huge sip, you could hear a hard gulp. The liquid was a bit dense, but it got the job done. His wounds started to magically seal up and his insides felt better, on top of that his stamina was regained! He gave the potion to his friend Ceras. "I'd be patient about it. The potions effects take awhile to actually set in" The sharp pain inside his stomach started to disappear. He felt the potion through his blood. His body felt warm from the brew. When the remedy took its course Rowan jumped back up. His body returned to normal temperature and his limbs loosened up a bit, he felt like a brand new him. His serotonin was lively, he felt a surge of energy and happiness. "Alright I think the next step is to find the boy before that poetic man does. But first let's see if the boy can help us out at all" He checked on the boy who was out cold.

The boy started to wake "Who....who are you?" he was completely out of it.

"I'm....Rowan... i'm a solider. We saved you from the beast. If you don't mind my friend and I have a question for you"

"Uh.... sure mister" his voice was faint and timid.

"Do you know where the boy in the raincoat is?"

"I've only saw him once. That was 3 months ago. Why?"

"Nothing, We've gotta go" He looked at the boy again. He couldn't just leave him there, after all there was no way he could leave this realm by himself. Rowan reached out his hand and created a doorway to Callimar for the boy. "There get home quick, it isn't safe out tonight"

The boy entered with hesitation. When he finally went through the gate closed behind him. The questioning was a complete but. But at least it gave Ceras enough time to be able to heal up completely. There was only one objective left to do - they had to find the boy in the raincoat and fast. They had no clue how quick their enemy worked.

Rowan held out his hand and touched the flow of energy around them. A hole into Callimar opened up in front of them. This was there destination. Rowan wondered I wonder if they got the guy yet? there was no telling. They would have to act fast if they wanted to find the kid in the raincoat before that man. Rowan walked through the doorway into the city. As he entered he could feel the cold air around him. The sky was filled with stars. Usually at this time it would be raining, this could be good or bad, the stranger could already have the boy, alternatively he could've missed the opportunity. Rowan felt the slightest touch of water, it was very lightly sprinkling. He looked back up to the blank sky, there were no clouds. So how is it sprinkling? This felt like the actual world, of that Rowan was sure, despite that he knew something was very off with the world at the moment. The place was at ease, the world was quiet, the streets and homes were empty. There were residence here, but the place felt like a ghost town. "Keep an eye out for the enemy, Ceras. He could be anywhere. We also know nothing of his abilities. Let's proceed with caution" Rowan summoned his Swiss Army Sword.

Above them gates appeared, they were above their heads and spread out along the streets. Gate Soldiers appeared from them. They were the lowest level of Gate creatures. They had human shapes, but they could mold into different shapes. They were weak but nimble. All the weak emotions of the worlds create these creatures. "It looks like we're going to have to fight our way to him" Rowan ran into the heard of monsters.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~Some time Later.....~

Rowan was panting from the heavy combat. He was exhausted and his body hurt once again. The entire infantry of Gate Soldiers was eliminated. Their bodies fizzled up as they were defeated. The combat didn't slow them down, they continued down the streets to find the kid in the raincoat. Rowan remained cool-headed. They had to be diligent if they were to find their target. Personally he didn't wish to tell Number 1 he failed in his mission. He was always calm, he never minded if their mission failed, however there was something beyond his calm exterior that bothered Rowan. This mission was important, they couldn't fail their mission, it would mean catastrophe. They wouldn't fail if they had a choice, luckily for Rowan he had backup this time, this mission could've been worse. Ceras seemed reliable and her track king skills were essential for this type of mission.

They had everything they could need to find them, but they'd soon find out that their skills didn't matter. The man they were searching for was closer than they thought. Around the corner was the man. He stood in the middle of the street looking into the sky. They watched him taking in the scenery. The boy in the yellow raincoat stood right next to him. the mystery man turned to them.

"You found us. I'm not surprised. You're only one of the greatest! How rude of me not to introduce myself before. The name's Cosmo. I was born and raised under the infinite cosmos. I've seen many worlds and lifetimes of experiences" He was being over dramatic and poetic.

He paused "Have you guessed where I was born?" It was a rather strange question. He wasn't playing with them at all, everything he said was straight forward and with reason. The infinite cosmos? The many worlds? Rowan knew that could mean: one of the many expansive worlds or it could be all of them.

"You were born in the Gate"

"Bingo! You got it on the first try. Rather perceptive aren't you. I'd love to fight you two. But I'm sad to say two on one wouldn't be very pleasant. I'd have the boy help, but he still needs training. Toodles!" A gate appeared around him, it was unlike anything they had ever seen, it's dangerous to summon a Gate around you. While there is a chance you'll end up fine, there is a high chance of damaging yourself from the inside. They learned that the enemy had the ability to manipulate the Gate with high efficiency. This would be a problem if they have made an enemy.

"We should get back and report this to Number One immediately. I'm sure it'll be fine, so if you worried - don't be" Rowan opened a gate to return back home.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~Interlude~

~There was a counter organization. None of the group have heard anything about one. Everything up to this point had just been doing missions for the order. That was going to change, another group with a unbeknownst power to them was beginning their plan. Were they enemies to their cause? Were they possible allies? Did they have anything to do with XIV? These were the questions that would be presented to their order soon. A new age was rising into the horizons of their existence~

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~The Memoir Maiden Chamber - Gabriel: Number I~
They were in the armory. There was a variety of weapons, equitable magic orbs and most importantly the 14 armors. Gabriel had finished his long speech to his friends. It was important that he remembered to inform his friend of the past. But before she could even respond a voice interrupted their conversation. "Number I where are you we need to talk. NOW!" The eternal Phoenix shouted. The entire castle could hear it.

"I'm needed. They don't know of your presence yet. So I'll introduce you at dinner. And then after that let's continue our talk, I'll answer all of your questions"

Gabriel manifested into the Maidens 1st hand. He stood looking down upon his comrades. The red headed girl was worked up. Another familiar face appeared, the white haired Soveriegn, he spoke to the girl. As he did another Gate appeared.

When Rowan got back, he overheard number XIII talking to number VIII "Please, tell me what occurred on your mission. If I can, I shall offer my assistance." There was a conversation that had just took place and Rowan had no clue what it was about. He was only worried about reporting his mission.

Gabriel noticed that two members haven't returned yet. He was curious. "You have called me. Is there an emergency? I see two of our members have yet to return. Is a recovery mission an order?" He was calm, but he did care for every member like they were family. This was his home. He knew they could handle themselves, each was blessed with grand power, but he also knew the threat that lurked in the gates.

Scarlet was not happy. When Number I responded to her she was ready to give him a piece of her mind. " I do not know of his partner." Pointing to Number XIII. " But this is not what this about. Grey and I went to castle and completed the mission. There was trouble but we dealt with it together. Going there was not an issue but what I found there I was not okay with. You claim to not have any knowledge about this world, but you claim that you have all this power. How could you not sense that there were people who were dying. Do you know how many families were killed, ? " By this time Scarlet was in tears. Then pulled out the book from her person along with the mask of Number III " What makes things worse once we had the book Grey stayed behind to try and fend them so I could escape. So I don't know what happened to him. So the least you can tell me is why we need this book and why so many innocents were killed because of this, because when I found it the gate creatures were guarding it with over a dozen in numbers along with a man made of thorns. Who I assume might survive Grey's wrath no matter how strong he is. But with this all said I think your hiding something from us and I believe we need answers !" Scarlet was now on her knees trying not to get to angry, but she did notice that her body was starting to heat up to extreme temperatures. She did not like feeling this way or yelling at others, she wasn't like this, but she thought she deserved some answers. Scarlet then looked to Number I and looked him dead in the eyes. "So what do have to say." Scarlet then stood up as flames seemed to be flickering off her. The room was silent as the flaming girl was waiting for an answer.

~Gabriel: Number I. Tension~

He stayed calm as the girl was getting angry. When her flames started to flicker he was irked. "You shouldn't raise your flames on a comrade. Now calm yourself or I'll have to confiscate your number" He paused for a moment to think. His exterior keeping calm. "You all chose to be here. Do not forget - We all have roles to play. It's up to us to slay monsters and gather powerful mementos. This is the goal of XIV. The book you retrieved is to be documented. The more memories, stories, history, and legends we collect, the stronger we become. Yes, we hold knowledge and power. Even so there are endless amounts of worlds and only fourteen of us. So now I ask you. How can we possibly save every single world? We have legendary power, but we cannot be in more than one place at once" he turned away thinking to himself. Her words were 'all powerful'. Those weren't the words he would've used. "And to answer your other question...... I'm not powerful. I'm just one person" He believed his words completely. He looked at the Maiden "My goals are still different from yours. All I wish to do is protect the Maiden. That's why I don't leave the castle. If you ask me each of you holds a greater power than my own" Despite the tension in the room he remained calm, there wasn't a sign of emotion.

Ceras.gif

The remnants of the mission were more of a blur of rather unremarkable events, aside from one. Ceras and IV’s continued search for the boy in the raincoat led them back through Callimar, the real Callimar, but -- yet again -- something was wrong. Gate creatures poured out of a multitude of gates, and Rowan and Ceras crushed the resistance with ease. It was obvious the creatures were only meant to stall them. Which begs the question, Ceras thought as she waltzed forward, pulverizing any creature that came too close under the weight of a psychically generated field -- healing potions were truly liquid wonders, why are they running?

Perhaps it really was because they were afraid to engage an enemy as powerful as the XIV, but Ceras wrote the thought off as wishful thinking. More likely, this new player in the multiverse wished to remain secretive, which made revealing them all the more imperative. They needed more information.

After the veritable flood of gate creatures, the duo merely happened upon their quarries -- both of them, in fact. Not only had they found the boy in the raincoat, but they found their white haired mystery man as well. The stranger, who called himself Cosmo, tipped his hand a bit, which reconfirmed that this person and whatever he represents is in no way shape or form afraid of the XIV. It sent a chill down her spine, and Ceras -- for the first time in a long time -- felt the spindly fingers of fear tingle into her mind. If it wasn’t for the instinctual levels of apprehension and that she was following Rowan’s lead, Ceras very well might have attempted to lash out immediately upon seeing her quarry. No need to needless banter when they were supposed to be there for a surgical strike.

The stranger, known as Cosmo, suggested he was born in the Pathways or from them. And while Ceras and IV could probably put up a good fight, she doubted Cosmo was sincere about not wanting to go two on one and a half. Her intuition told her that Cosmo could indeed contend with them, maybe, probably not without consequence, but she doubted that she and Rowan could stop him. However, if his goal was to gain allies, and those allies were not quite up to snuff, then protecting said allies would, indeed, be difficult if you would also need to fend off two legends personified. Thus, she concluded that his retreat was more because Cosmo would probably lose the object of his efforts here on Callimar -- the boy in the raincoat -- if he chose to fight. So he summoned a gate around them and vanished into the Pathways. Just like that.

Ceras blinked in disbelief. She wasn’t aware that was possible. Tearing holes in time and space is weird and dangerous, and they were only able to do so safely -- relatively -- because of the Maiden’s power -- at least as Ceras understood it.

"We should get back and report this to Number One immediately. I'm sure it'll be fine, so if you’re worried - don't be,” Rowan announced, breaking Ceras from her internal deliberations.

“I’m not concerned about One…” Ceras turned towards the gate IV had opened, “I’m concerned what this might mean for all of us. Rowan…” Ceras hesitated -- a thing she does not often do, “Rowan, I don’t like our chances…” and she stepped through.

Immediately, the room was abuzz with echoey conversation. XIII and VIII were having an intense conversation, and One was stoic as usual. Ceras had not been privy to the conversation before she stepped through, but could venture to guess that VIII was upset and seemed upset with One.

Curious though she was, especially since VIII was in the Maiden’s chambers without her mission partner, Ceras and Rowan had pressing information that each member of the XIV needed to be made aware of.

The moment the tension seemed to de-escalate, Ceras announced, “There’s another organization traversing the Pathways,” letting the announcement hang pregnant in the air. She caught One’s countenance falter ever so slightly, she had his attention, “Rowan and I were unsuccessful in our mission. Our quarry was protected by a man who claimed to be born of the Pathways -- he called himself Cosmo. This man had the gate creatures at his beck and call; creatures great and small. He stole our target away from us, with a mention to train him -- insinuating that when we meet again, the target we were sent to eliminate would be a match for us. It is my preliminary estimation that there is, therefore, another -- counter -- organization to our own.”

filigree-clipart-paragraph-break-3.png

Last edited:
With everyone appearing this would look bad for her so she decided to cool down. The flickering cinders died quickly as she pulled the book out. "Here this the book you sent us for and I'm sorry for getting mad. I do not like seeing these things. It wont happen again." After the book was taken from her she waited for instructions. Apparently there was another organization that might and most possibly need to be dealt with. As she was waiting a thought came to her as Scarlet thought that this new organization could be the one targeting these worlds. If that was the case they needed to be dealt with. She looked to the other members. She couldn't help but think but to assume we were greatly out matched and numbered. "I am deeply sorry for going off, but what are we going to do about this new organization and did you know about it. If you do know anything then any information would help us deal with them if they are a threat. As you know though I do not like to kill unless I absolutely have to but if they are a threat it might be best to deal with them as soon as we can before they can get to strong." She addressed this to Number I. Once she was done saying her piece she looked to the others to see if they had anything to add to the conversation about it, but the she realized she just spoke openly in front of everyone no realizing it and quickly tried to hide her face. She really never spoke in groups before unless she was in battle. "What do we do?" She said said quietly. Everything was going wrong today and but I hope everything would be fixed soon. Scarlet wanted to talk to the others but she has always been shy and she couldn't help it. It was quiet and she did not like the silence of the room.

natural-portabella.regular.png
3ebbc8f93bdaeab9e009766f8a0ce895-dapdu0i.png

As the twins recalled, the memories of the order had reached back to the forefront of the mind of the twins, as the same memory was shared, the two were near inseparable then, and they are now. It was a time before a storm, where Zorya and Zwezda had time to relax within a world disposed of violence. It was odd to be there, as even the thought of sparring between the two had faded, it was no compulsion, of magics, but rather what felt to be more of how things worked within the world. It reminded the twins of their life before the calamity that gripped their world, and the beginning of what felt to be an endless war, stringing along the twins akin to puppets. Then the organization came around, giving their battle a sense of meaning for the time, as the two dispatched evil without mercy, some purpose was fulfilled for now, though this time of peace aided, as it took away from the endless battle the two faced, wherein they found themselves to cease being puppets to and endless war, but as Zorya and Zwezda, the twin stars, shining brightly within the skies.

Yet, their attention was pulled askew, as the twins silently watched the town, children running, playing amongst themselves, as the city felt all those years ago, before the evils of their home ravaged the lands. Watching the children eased the two, as, it restored the faith that they were making a difference, and that the horrors that they had experienced as young as they were were naught to rear it's maw to anyone else. There was a reason to be here, as Gal had mentioned something of a war within the order. Even they weren't safe from everything, though that did not matter. Looking to the sky, Zwezda gauged the positioning, and the rough time, they were to meet with everyone else at the grand auditorium, to have a show of power, increasing their legends further... An idea the twins opposed, why drag innocent people into this? Weren't they strong enough?

As those questions lingered, the two entered the Auditorium for a quick rehearsal, as much as they were unkind to this notion, orders were orders... The last thing they wanted was Gal getting angered at them again, especially after the Cassowary incident. Zorya took a breath as she reached for the door, out of the two of them, she really didn't want to do this... Standing on the stage, the twins stood amongst their comrades, while Gal spoke, their friend whispered to them,

"It's just like Gal to do all the talking" Gabriel remarked, his smart mouth was answered with Zorya's response,

"Of course, he has to have his ego somewhere." She whispered back, before Zwezda glared at the two, speaking in a curt manner,

"Shut it, you two." With a simple look, and those words, Zorya kept silent, as the auditorium began to fill with the people of the city, gazing upon the armours of the order, Zorya stood facing the crowd, Zwezda, behind her right shoulder, facing stage left as if covering her sister's side, portraying the typical look of Twin-Two. As Gal spoke, the twins couldn't help but chat amongst themselves, a small gift of their blood, they never needed to talk verbally to one another, keeping it within their minds and in secrecy. What they spoke of, simply was of the ceremony, was this truly worth it? A show of force for what, to gain power for the looming war? Why is there a war, and who were they fighting? It angered Zorya how little information was shared of this, and she wanted some answers, whether she had to find another Cassowary or not was up in the air.

However, after the ceremony, fireworks were lit over the hill, as a festival came through, the twins were once off again, walking the streets, though this time, not alone. Gabriel had joined them this time, speaking once again to the twins,

"You know Double Z's we need more time off to relax. We always work, work, work. But I hope one day we can just go out and have fun. I'd really like that. I think it'd be fun to go visit a beach........or an amusement park.....or something?" His words were kind, as Zwezda remarked to his words,

"Aye. There is a boon to having time to relax. It does give people a chance to recover both mentally and physically." Her words lingered before Zorya responded, gently pushing her sister,

"Oh come on, Zwe, relax. We're likely not going to have another night like this, might as well enjoy it!"

"It is only the calm before the storm, Zorya. we know naught what may come."

"Which is why we should take advantage of the time we have. Are you telling me we could die soon?"

"No. I am not."

"Then what is stopping you? I mean, hell, I'm sure I could help--"

"You finish those words, and you will be fed to whatever dog I can find."

"Zwe... Relax, sister. There is little to fret on tonight, let alone quarrel about." A deep breath came from Zorya, before she turned to Gabriel, "Though, I am not sure what this 'Amusement Park' is... Could you describe it for me?"

After that night peacefully passed, the twins were sent on missions left and right, as more tireless battles were taking place all over the cosmos, including the vanishing of the city in which their last day off took place... Afterward, their memories faded into a blue light...

--

There they were, standing in front of their older ally, while they had not aged a day, their friend, Gabriel was much older from the time they had remembered. He also hadn't ever had a chance to explain what an "Amusement Park" was... As he spoke of the nights leading up to the twins' sealing, Zwezda turned to Gabriel, knowing of his betrayal, yet, not showing hatred as Zorya would have, it was for the best at the time, as he had no other answers. Though the plan, and especially the Dark One's gift, as she listened, a few words crossed her lips, with the same hidden passion hidden within her eyes,

"If I am gathering this correct, you encased us within this painting to protect us from the war." She paused, placing a knuckle on her chin, "And took on this Dark One, without us. I am certain most, if not all of our old comrades are gone. Whether victims of this war, or of time is beyond my knowledge. Moreover, the Maiden also fell in this war, correct?" As Zwezda posed her questions, Zorya looked to Gabriel, jumping in on the thought process of her Twin without a second to spare,

"And now, that the orbs are under control, you wish to have us join the battle once more, in hopes to return the Maiden, and restore what balance we can?" Her question lingered, as Zorya stretched again, having felt like she slept for days, her muscles needed more than just a brief stretch, "Then, our goal shall be shared. As I will bring the morning's light..."

"....And I shall bring the tranquil night."

XIV Season 2: Man Breaks the Shackles known as Legends
~2 Days Later~

It was of the upmost importance that they discovered more about this new threat and find out whom King Apollo was. So Gabe has sent a reconnaissance team to gather Intel on the matter. As for the other members he has sent them on missions to further his agenda. When they had left the castle for their missions it got dead quiet. If the castle had ever been alive to begin with, he'd never know, not with people like them around, for it was them who livened up the place and made it a home.

Gabe sat in the maidens first hand and overlooked the corridors. It was empty, the only presence was that of the maiden. "What do you think of this King Apollo? Was he always a part of their group? or is memory failing me?" He asked the crystal statue imaging what she would say in this situation. It was like grasping at straws, the only response he could get is from the memory of her. She was powerful, bigger then life itself, but she was reasonable and human. What would a person like that even say in a time like this?

"I know now isn't the time to be second guessing myself. I know the answer lies forward. I just trust myself and push forward, for you maiden" he said, his words echoing through the halls, only being greeted by a pair of footsteps down the hall. Slowly they approached the room he was in.

"Talking to your maiden I see" the stranger spoke.

He had a light, golden blonde hair with blue eyes. He had a glorious blue armor, it looked like it was made from waves violently crashing into each other and then froze in time. He had a long sword on his back, the blade complimented his armor, being light blue. The sword curved like a river, and it's hilt looking like waves and spiraling into itself, the left and right side spiraling into opposite directions.

His face had a puzzled expression "huh, that's weird I surely thought that you'd have used the tear on the maiden herself. I guess shes beyond mercy" his words inciting a reaction in Gabe.

"If you've come to insult the maiden or I then you're wasting your time" he kept himself composed, stuffing his feelings to the side. "Or perhaps it's curiosity that has peaked your interest? To answer it simply: no, the test will not alleviate her state. Mercy is given to those who've been dealt a bad hand by the actions of others or the world itself. Mercy isn't given to those who impose consequence on themselves"

"So in other words you've done this before? You're admitting that you have two accounts of thievery on a divine scale? To steal from a maiden is a crime above man. You've sentenced yourself to death" The boy pointed his sword at Gabe.

"When it comes to a clash of ideals a man must do what he has to in order to achieve his goals"

"Are people nothing but obstacles to you? Have your forgotten even the maidens are living, breathing people with feelings! You can't do whatever without consequence. So then let me riddle you this: If someone stole your maidens crystal how would you react? Wouldn't you rain divine punishment upon them?"

"I see, so that's how it has to be. So then let us see which of our ideals is stronger" Gabe turned to the boy who had his weapon already drawn, his blade following Gabe as if it was a dowsing rod seeking water.

"For the Maiden of Mercy, I - Ryder - will deliver your punishment. Two death sentences and 128 years of imprisonment"

"Let's hope your blade is as sharp as your tongue" Gabe taunted with his powerful, yet everlasting stoic voice.

Ryder put his hand over his face. A burst of water blasted from the palm from his hand as if it had been waiting to explode, which had formed a helmet over his face, the spiraling vortex of liquid twisting into each other forming horns, starting at the forehead and shooting out the back of his head. He moved his hand to greet the other to embrace his blade's hilt. He ran towards his opponent, a faint water silhouette in the shape of him was left behind as he moved. His movements were like that of a river: gentle, calm, yet violent. He was coming in like a natural disaster destroying every he touched and with great speed, he was warping around the room with only a faint trail to prove he was indeed once there. Meanwhile Gabe had watched his opponent vigilantly, a spectator trying to discover more about the other team. When suddenly, Ryder was right in front of him slashing his blade, a water trail following his blade as it slashed through his waste cutting him in half.

Ha! Check and Mate! You're finished! He thought to himself as he saw the corpse, a token of his victory.

Then a solid, blunt force crushed his skull. His lights went out before going dark. Ryder fell to the ground his body thudding against the ground. His sword fell to the ground and did a spin before being stopped against his waist. Gabe had approached and looked down at him. He crouched above his opponent to examine him closer.

"Just as I thought" Gabe commented. The back of the opponent startled to sizzle, smoke coming from the damaged area of his skull. Then Ryder grabbed his sword back handed swinging as a counter at Gabe.

"How is there two?" He grunted as he looked around and thinking about the situation.

"A gift from a friend you could say..... And what of you? you're way stronger then your respective maiden"

"She's the Maiden of Mercy. I don't know what you were expecting. Its us whom are given the responsibility of fighting" He said with animosity in his voice.

"How did you find us? Who told you? Angelo? Cosmo? ..... King Apollo?"
He questioned.

"From Angelo the Mad Mage... He told me everything. Did you think you could escape justice?"

"I don't care about justice" He looked towards the Maiden in front of him. "I only care about the path I've chosen and those who follow that path with me. Justice is just an excuse to validate ones actions." He mocked the boys beliefs, only believing his core values.

"Do you ignore responsibility for your actions? You attacked the Maiden of Mercy, destroyed her, took her tear of mercy without her blessing. You may not have killed her, but you are not above the law and justice! Now take responsibility!" he charged.

"Ignore Responsibility? If that were the case why am I still standing before you?"

Ryder used his flow to go from movement to attacking ceaselessly, his flow interrupted by an invisible force. As his sword swing was stopped he noticed the unmovable man before him. Then he transitioned out of his legend, using his fist to send Ryder flying, the weight of his body destroying the wall and sending him flying into a nearby Forrest. "Let's take this outside" He remarked to himself. Menacingly he walked outside and into the Forrest.

"'The man born from flame had the body of a boy, but just like the flames he had emerged, his soul was fire - like that a demon from the deepest depth of hell. Surely, we were already dead. Our fates decided the moment we had attacked the village. As a sick twisted sense of fate the hell we created had finally caught up to us' Chapter 2, Line 10, The Forevermore Burning Boy" He quoted from legend. An armor had slithered across his body consuming it. The helmet had sharp teeth like a hellish monster and ate his face. Now he had his abyssal armor on. Each step sprung wild fire to life, it slid across the ground, transmuting grass into fire with an insatiable hunger.

What is this? I've never heard this from the legends! Ryder thought to himself.

It was time to get serious, if he wasn't more careful then in an instant he could be dead. While the unmovable man seemed like any other legend, he wasn't, the proof was before him. The fire started small, but its thirst for blood fueled its rampage, as it spread its size rapidly doubled, the beast was now quick on his heels. A circle of destruction was surrounding him, but water beats fire -

Ryder dashed towards Gabe at lightning quick speed, the sound of thunder was heard as he seemingly teleported Infront of his quarry. The blade had a water trail behind it as it slipped through the air. Sling! Sling! Clunk! A series of slashed came from nowhere, they parried Ryder's blade and shoved him back. His overwhelming will stopped the force of the blow from sending him flying.

"Two?" He said, noticing the two Gabe's before him.

There was the Abyssal Armor and The Unmovable Man working in tandem, by an unknown means he had two of himself. His strategy was impeccable, while one was creating hell flames, the other would perfectly defend. Ryder rotated his blade clockwise in front of him, it left an after image behind as he did. When his blade reached twelve his ability activated.

"Soul of Water: Endless Flow"
As he moved forward a trail of water followed, it was like a river, the starting point was the area of activation, and as he moved water remained behind him, lit was like proof that he had been there. He pranced around the place like a deer, dodging the heelish pet trying to eat him. Part of wildfire formed into a demon, having sharp features and an even more pointy teeth, it pounced towards him, as a reaction he hopped like a ballerina over its head, doing a spin as he landed, causing the water around him to splash and put out more flames. He continued his skirmish, sliding across the ground, dodging incoming attacks, whenever it lunged at him he would slide out of the way, slipping across the ground like it was soapy. It allowed for a continuous flow from attack to defense in an instance. He needed to get closer and fast, the waves behind him split in two, the waves crashing against the ground, it shot him forward as if it were a gun. His sword became the bullet, the force edging him closer and closer, until it was inches away from Gabe's head.

Sling! Slash! Krrr!

The slashes the emerged had once again parried his attack, the opportunity arose, so Gabe grabbed Ryder by his helmet and tossed him to the ground. He crashed and tore up the ground as he moved against it. Water seeped from the ground and formed a whirlpool, using the momentum from the spin he flowed into a backflip to catch his footing from the counter attack.

"Is that all a warrior of a maiden can muster? If so I weep for the Maiden of Mercy"
Gabe taunted playfully, it was just like back then, when he first joined the XIV.

Ryder punched the ground in frustration. "You think you've won have you? Have you?!" He screamed at the top of his lungs. There was a wildfire around him, yet he could only feel the heat born from the flames of anger in his heart.

Gabe let out a light chuckle as a response. Hm! Hm! Hm!

"Go ahead, laugh your last laugh. You speak like you're above the rest of us, like your value's are the objective truth but I have a newsflash, life doesn't care about you and only you, surely another's resolve will come crashing into yours, completely obliterating it. I'm the embodiment of your downfall" He monologued to the King of XIV.

"You misunderstand me, I know that others have their own value's, their own path, but who's responsibility is it to take ownership of their life? To live a life that they can feel fulfillment in? You? The Maidens? The Gods? I think not. Surely, we can agree you reap what you sow. We are the seeds of our own destruction. Therefore, We as humans, must also make it a responsibility to create the life I want to live. That is merely what I'm doing, Ryder. So kill me, Punish me, because I won't stop trying to achieve fulfillment - So let us see who's resolve is stronger" He calmly explained his philosophy.

"Resolve? You think your resolve can beat justice? - Ha! You've gotta be kidding me! Justice is a force of nature, constantly hurtling itself forward, unstoppable! Nothing can get in it's way. And now its come knocking - GABE. Its you're time and now I've come to deliver your judgment!" He was starting to lose his composure, the only constant was his strong sense of justice.

Just like the endless pursuit of time itself, Ryder used his ability again, spinning his sword like a clock hand. "Soul of Water: Endless Flow" He moved forward. His water moved like a mirage, echoing his every moment. Then, like a person trying to break free from a blanket, the shape of a human silhouette pulled against the water flowing behind him. It moved on its own, but the water clone was connected to its point of origin, it also left a trail of water behind it. If that wasn't bad enough, another clone was formed from the opposite side. Without a single word spoke they acted on his command. Ryder and his two water doubles made their assault on Gabe. While he made his way head on, the others arced off to sideswipe him.

They were making way towards The Unmovable Man. The slashes from the invisible force seemed invincible. But Ryder realized that they were coming from Gabe, they were so fast that nobody could react to witnessing them, at least he was overly confident that was the case. The two clones were by Gabe's left and right side, as they approached the slashes started to surround him like a sphere of carnage, regardless they kept swinging their liquid swords to counter the oncoming barrage of slashes. His defense's were perfect, too perfect.

This task is impossible, its hopeless - No! I won't cave, I just have to keep pressing forward! Ryder motivated himself. His slashes started to become more frequent and quicker. Initially, it seemed like it was to no avail. That's when the lights from the heaven's above had shined a light down onto this opportunity, Gabe's infinitely fast blades were ever so slightly losing momentum. This caused Ryder's spirit to be filled with fire, his slashes came crashing down like a tsunami against the earth, completely wreaking havoc against the motion of his technique. As the slashes breached a new minimum, it was time for the finale to play out.

"Blizzaga!" Ryder Screamed, shooting ice from his palm, his entire flow of water froze, including the clones. The sword was making its way for another rotation around Gabe, the ice from the spell crawled around the water then made a full sprint for the clones, as the blade met the water clone - Clunk! - It became trapped. For the first time in sometime the unmovable man became truly that. Ryder did an overhead slash, jumping into the sky before coming down like a hawk catching its prey. The blade crashed into his foe, moving him back, which caused his legend to dis-engage, the armor breaking and exploding as if it were a ticking time bomb.

This didn't have an effect on Gabe, he remained unphased. There was smoke, which had hidden something vital. Slice! His untimely demise. Finally, after years of existence, years of strength, becoming something that resembled a god! It was done, Gabe was dead.

"You're dead" Ryder walked away without a second thought. For someone called The Legendary Gabe, he was expecting a lot more, infact he thought he would likely lose a limb, or worse - Death.

There were casual footsteps behind, this sent a shiver down his spine and put him in shock. His eyes shook.

"You said two, correct? Two death sentences"
It was his voice.

The headless horsemen walked forward, he picked up his belonging, preceding to gently put it back where it belonged: On his neck. The warrior of justice flipped his sword and sprung into an attack, slicing backwards.

"How are you alive?"
He asked.

"You already know the answer to that question" His voice was as calm for someone who experienced death twice in a single day.

It has to be his ability Ryder thought to himself. Clearly there was a way for him to store and use energy, likely in any form. Even if that's the case, it's still got to be limited. The only way to stop him was to be relentless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back