• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Manhatten Hero High School AU

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
For the first time in since he rose from the grave, Jason was at a complete lull of what to do. The world was hazy around him save for the Raven that had torn out of his hold. He didn't even have time to ask when he himself was looked over, right in the same spot as the blood flow from Dick's arm. Was he asking?

The punch startled him out of his haze, yet did nothing for his mind. The words that were offered paid no severance to the questions rattling around in his head. This other person Dick was referring to seemed so absolete when he was more worried about the inflicting damage on the hand, surely broken after it's trip through drywall.

Even the new comer couldn't tear his gaze away from the older, if anything he stood a little closer as to act as a shield. The wounds were enough to throw him into a frenzy but that single tear rolling down from cinnamon eyes to peach skin so prettily, and Jason was right broken. He dare reach out to brush it away when they'd suddenly been dropped into another room entirely.

His first thought was panic; not for himself but for his brother's sake. To be taken away in such a situation would be mortifying.

Even when he could see the male standing there with him trying to gather his bearings, the only thing on his mind was Grayson, Grayson, Grayson.

Asking was far beyond redundant. Jason crossed the space between them in two long strides, pulling the male against himself in an embraced that near swallowed them both. He didn't pry for answers nor did he move in the slightest. The only goal within his world was assuring Dick's safety, both physical and mental. Truth be told if it was something devastating enough to throw his brother into a frenzy Jason wasn't sure he wanted to know. Instead he wait, brushing comforting strokes down the length of the other's spine and encouraging the other to match his own breathing. Everything else could wait.

LibbyM098 LibbyM098

_gallifrog_ _gallifrog_ Lotheralaix Lotheralaix

Joe snapped out of it with the punch through the wall. She needed to help them.
She glared at the new comer to the room and walked over to him. A distraction was needed so the boys wouldn't be in the lime light and Jason could help his brother in peace and help Dick.
She went to close the classroom door and before she did she handed Jason a key to her room. "Blood bags in fringe. My room." She turned and closed the door glaring at the new comer. "Well stuff you!"
She flipped the desk in front of Elliott and glared down at him.
Distraction time... And she was now probably up for a detention.
"Walk in here late like you own the frigging place and then don't give a crap when someone's hurt. Stuff you, Asshole."
Show time.

Dick looked up at Jason with a pale face. He didn't care about thr blood lose. He had worse.

He felt his brothers embrace and clung to him as he started to cry. Never had he been broken like this. Never had he felt his heart feel like it was broken beyond repair.
He felt Jason's breathing and then his soon matched it.
"Bruce... he's not the man... He's not who I thought he was... You were right to hate him."
He looked over his brothers eyes once more and said through his braking words.
"We all have trackers... they're in our arms."
He started to shake again as he look down at his right hand.
Damn...
It was clearly broken... now that was to match his ribs.
He rested his head on Jason's chest and broke down again.
"I should have protected you more..."

1568845436703.png Tyler gets his stuff and heads to math, but not before glancing back at the teachers cough. He was a little disappointed at the lack of cough from the students around him but he knew he would find a nice pair of cough soon enough, this was high school after all. Upon entering the next class he looked around for any particularly attractive girls with large cough.

If it wasn't for the fact that he needed to stay calm for Dick, Jason's brows would habe shot right up into his hair like for the harsh words directed at Bruce. Still, he didn't push Dick to give him any details, just continued the soothing circles into his spine, only stuttering when the trackers were mentioned. Like a dog? And I thought I was paranoid. The meaning completely beyond himself when the teen still looked like a freight train went through his chest. How Dick even found out about the chip couldn't be any better than the trust broken.

He'd never comfort someone more than the few hushed nothing's he reassured his mother, but even that didn't stop a thing. Out of his element and bare Jason felt a pang of guilt for his actions being inadequate. Seemed despite his best efforts Dick wanted to cry even more. But the apologising - why in earth was Dick apologising?

Jason wouldn't let the other near him since his return, and even before! He always fronted annoyance (though he couldn't be more perplexed by him) with his snarky attitude and overall brute like behavior. Jason was good to Bruce because he knew he had something good and didn't want to screw it up. He'd gone from the streets to a God damn manor for crying out loud. It wasn't until he'd gotten older and his views on the world morphed that he started to resent him - especially then did he push Dick away. Always standing up for Bruce and reminding him of just how good he had it.

His heart was fucking bleeding.

"Dick, you didn't.. There wasn't anything -" Only then did the implications set in.

Tracking device.

For the second time in his seventeen years, Jason thought that his heart stopped beating.

"I - I broke my arm that year." Jason argued, not willing to just accept the simple truth. Surely with how wreckless he'd been it was far gone and defective.

Knowing that Bruce wasn't there to save him was enough to burn his soul thrice over. But knowing that he could have stopped it before it even happened? It was beyond unforgivable.

Purgatory. This had to be purgatory.

Jason couldn't be alive. Not when he was so helpless.

The little color left in his skin drained like I've in the beaming summer sun.

If this was all true - Bruce knew the exact moment came back to life. He knew his body wasn't in the ground. Bruce knew he was the Red Hood.

"There was nothing you could do." He finished, voice but a hollow shell of the life it held moments before. He may have said it to Dick, but it was his own realization.

Nothing could be done.

Numb was blasphemy for how he felt. Death seemed more pleasant than yet another betrayal, somehow bigger than the first.

And yet here Dick was, standing here with those deep chestnut eyes, pleading and clawing their way out of their own pits. Like an anchor in the wind.

"Do the others know?" Trembling, his voice was trembling. A tidal wave of raw emotion threatening to spill over and flood them both - no, not yet. He needed to be strong for the both of them. For all of them. The path he'd taken was not their burden to bear.

LibbyM098 LibbyM098

1568845766363.png The period ended before Bruce's questions did. "Dr. Banner, forgive me for being frank but I could have earned college doctorates in physics, robotics, cybernetics, genetics, weapons technology, biochemistry, and several other sciences if I wanted to. I was forced, by shield to come to this school. Since I have no choice but to attend I shall try to enjoy myself and school's social aspects. I just want to know how to test out of all my classes so I can work on my own things in peace."
@Miasmith17

1568850687985.png "Alright, I'll talk to you about this more tomorrow." Nik says before heading to his next class, history. The irony here is that I have Dr. Doom's memories of most of history, so once again this class is pointless for me to go to. He takes his seat where he can and walks up to the teacher.Dr. Doom's hatred of the US ironcally led him to studying it a lot. Well whatever hopefully I cant test out of this class too. "Hello, where would I got to test out of my classes?"
@Miasmith17

View attachment 627932 "Alright, I'll talk to you about this more tomorrow." Nik says before heading to his next class, history. The irony here is that I have Dr. Doom's memories of most of history, so once again this class is pointless for me to go to. He takes his seat where he can and walks up to the teacher.Dr. Doom's hatred of the US ironcally led him to studying it a lot. Well whatever hopefully I cant test out of this class too. "Hello, where would I got to test out of my classes?"
@Miasmith17
Steve:"everyone take a seat we are going to learn about world war one"
EldridSmith EldridSmith

Lotheralaix Lotheralaix

Dick looked over his brothers face. He was being so carring, so endearing. He had never seen Jason like this, even before Joker.
Then... there it was. The raw emotions in Jason's face.
His heart was shattering not only for himself but for his brother as well. How was he going to be able to tell Tim and Damian?
Then the question slipped from Jason's lips it made him come to the realization even more.

"No... I haven't seen them yet..." His words were almost like death. He knew he was going to be fiscally fine... but Dick felt like he was slipping into the darkness, a darkness he had only ment once in his life.
That darkness had consumed him until he saw the man who killed his parents die... yes he didn't kill him, but he did nothing to stop it either.
He stood there and watched the murder be killed.

His once glowing chestnut eyes that had always been happy... where now emotionless.

He looked over Jason's face and went over the effects of what death had done to him. His eyes had never been the same, the white streak through his hair had never been there before his death, his features had been so bright and mischievous, were now dead and darkness.
Although now... with some kindness for another showing through... Dick saw it... Jason wasn't all gone.

He rested his forehead against Jason's broad shoulder and let out a shaky breath.
"I should have protected you all more... talked you out of becoming a Robin... but instead I encouraged it..."
Dick didn't know if he was more angry at Bruce or himself... He should have seen it. Bruce had never been good with kids, he was a distant, cold father, who would occasionally feed into Dick's longing for acceptance.
And he did the same with Jason, Tim and Damian.

And there it was... He hated himself for not seeing it... for not being stronger for the others... for all the times he should have stood up for them. For idolizing a sociopath who had a thing for making young children his human distraction's for the bad guys.
When all they were, were kids wanting to be loved and accepted into a home.
How many nights had he consoled Damian from the nightmares he had at night, how many times had he carried Tim up the stairs from passing out on petrol, because he hadn't slept in over a week. How many hours did he spend finding energy tablets and flushing them so Tim would actually eat and sleep.
How many times had he patched up Jason from doing something stupid so Bruce wouldn't find out. He was only 18 and yet for years he had been playing the role of a father this brothers really needed.
But yet... He still didn't see how much they where all being used.
I'm such an idiot... how could I have been so blind to it all.

Kaito kuroba went to detention after clint noticed him and sent him there
He sits there as a video was playing on the projector of captain america

'So you got detention, its time to think of what you did wrong'

Kaito roll his eyes
Clint siting in the desk texted bruce about kaito is now in detention
LibbyM098 LibbyM098

@Miasmith17

Oliver glared at him from under his hood. He gritted his teeth and growled at him.
"That's brain washing! Why the hell do you want her back anyway!? She is happy and safe! As a father you should be glad of that!"
He wanted to punch him... He wanted to drive an arrow through one of his lung.
He went to go flinch for his bow and stopped when he glared over at one of the white guards.
How the hell was he going to get Lily out of this?

@Miasmith17

Bruce walked in looking pale and sick.
He knew he had done wrong by the boys... but that tracker had saved Dick, Jason, Tim and Damian more times then he could remember... It only ever failed him once. That one time had changed everything for Bruce.

He looked up to see Clint and the Kid sitting down in Bruce's office.
He frowned at the Kid and sat down at his desk.
He knew he had to deal with this now...
He took a moment to put his emotions behind him.
Family... He had to set it to one side and work with the problem at hand. He did the things that had to be done no matter how many people didn't like it.

"Care to explain what you where doing at the Museum?"
He glared over at the boy and sat back in his chair.

@Miasmith17

Oliver glared at him from under his hood. He gritted his teeth and growled at him.
"That's brain washing! Why the hell do you want her back anyway!? She is happy and safe! As a father you should be glad of that!"
He wanted to punch him... He wanted to drive an arrow through one of his lung.
He went to go flinch for his bow and stopped when he glared over at one of the white guards.
How the hell was he going to get Lily out of this?
Man frown:"im not exactly happy about that i have plans for her"
The man in white behind them glared at arrow from his shades hand almost grabs blaster gun
Lily notice her wolf is getting mad in her mind:"he never is happy if i have ran off and found a new father....vlad you should just stop before you damage your public image"
Vlad snap his fingers once, two men in white walk over and grab lily taking her over to the fireplace:"dont worry dear i already am loved by the public. As for your new guardian he will be very busy being attacked to come and find you.....as for arrow well i think its time for him to take a nap"
One of the men in white watching arrow knew that was the signal and use his net gun to hit arrow hard on the back of the head causing him to black out and collapse
Several minutes and awhile later they were in a secret lab room, lily was given some raw meat, she shift to wolf form and eats it
(Getting dark in three two one....)
Few moments later she shift back and vlad walked in carrying some.....cutting tools and screwdriver
Two men take off her jacket and roll her shirt up to her chest so her plastic covered back over old deep scar wound would be exposed
She is cuffed to a standing table that is straight like:
|
The back side of the table is a large hole, the second men white took off her symbiote disguised choker placing it in a tray, he shook his hand after accidently feeling her cold skin
Symbiote disguised choker necklace change back into small symbiote and sneaks off the table heading towards arrow ceil
Arrow was placed in a locked ceil in the far right side of the room, he would be waking up at any moment
White symbiote crawled into the ceil and attach itself to arrow right wrist changing into a small white male bracelet a moment before he wakes

LibbyM098 LibbyM098

@Miasmith17

Bruce walked in looking pale and sick.
He knew he had done wrong by the boys... but that tracker had saved Dick, Jason, Tim and Damian more times then he could remember... It only ever failed him once. That one time had changed everything for Bruce.

He looked up to see Clint and the Kid sitting down in Bruce's office.
He frowned at the Kid and sat down at his desk.
He knew he had to deal with this now...
He took a moment to put his emotions behind him.
Family... He had to set it to one side and work with the problem at hand. He did the things that had to be done no matter how many people didn't like it.

"Care to explain what you where doing at the Museum?"
He glared over at the boy and sat back in his chair.
Kaito kuroba looked at bruce:"keeping up my ego and showing myself to a new city.....i also needed to steal a jewel"
LibbyM098 LibbyM098

@Miasmith17

Oliver slowly opened his eyes and then quickly sat up remembering exactly what happened.
Damn it!!!
Where the hell was he!?
He looked around the small room and went to go put his hood back on... It was still on... seemed like they weren't interested in his identity.
He took his hood off and ran a hand through his hair.
Blood... How hard did they hit him?
He stood and the room started to spin. He had a concussion and knew he had to stay awake at all cost.
Lily... What had they done with Lily???
He looked around the room until his eyes fell on the door.
He walked over to it and tied to see through the small crack in it.
There was one guard at the door... there had to be more up the hallway.

Bruce glared at the Kid and let out a sigh. "Why did you want the stone? What is so important about it?"

Small white male bracelet stays on his right wrist unnoticed, knowing it must somehow speak
'Dont move too much....seems you were hit pretty bad' the voice was female spoke in his mind knowing he would probably freak out

Vlad spoke:"3462...."
Lily suddenly goes unconsious, she shuts down, light in her eyes gone, no struggling just stays still
Vlad move some of her hair and unscrews bolts of the hidden metal plate on her head
First man in white walks over bringing a small blue computer chip:"sir i transfered all the creatures from the original after putting a sleep mode on them"
Second man in white remove plastic wrapping from her back and starts cutting up the old scar

Kaito smirk and cards appear in his hand:"a magician never reveals his secrets....it just has to deal with me needing to find a specific jewel"

LibbyM098 LibbyM098

@Miasmith17

Oliver's eyes widened and he quickly turned around.
Who the hell said that?
He walked into the darkest part of the room with his fists ready.
No one was there... Who could have said that to him?
He looked around for answers and then froze... someone or something was in his mind... He could feel it.

"Who the hell are you?" He whispered to himself feeling like an idiot.

This had not been the best of days. First he had sent Skyla-Joe off to a new school, then started his new job, then went to do said job... And now he was stuck talking to himself with a splitting headache.

Bruce looked down at his desk and knew he had to help the Kid see the light. He wouldn't fail another kid... not like the ones he had already.
"What was your home life like?"
He looked over at him with his deep, brown eyes that gave off no emotion.

'I am someone who wants to help you.....i cant stop them alone, its why i attached myself to you' the voice mentally spoke
Vlad finished unscrewing metal plate placing bolts and metal plate in tray:"good hold the new chip for now"
Lily didnt move or speak, she was starting to bleed some
From the new cuts on her old scar wound

Kaito shuffles cards in his hand:"good, have a good mother and used to have a father"
LibbyM098 LibbyM098

Elliott Quinn
He heaved the bag and guitar case onto his shoulder and started to walk out of the classroom. He just wanted to be left alone and not get into stupid fights with people, was that really too much to ask?

Apparently it was Elliott stepped backwards just in time to avoid having a table slammed on top of his foot. He caught the girls glare with one of his own. His eyes (both scarred and unscarred) were hard and dark. Her comments sounded like they were describing John more than him. He found himswlf wondering if this was what it was like to be Constantine. You wear a trenchcoat, show up and say one snarky thing and suddenly everyone just hates your guts? Yeah, that sounded about right. Whoever this girl was she was clearly overreacting, possibly even trying to draw attention away from the brothers who Zatanna had teleported away.

He held up one hand and ticked off the reasons, his voice was filled with tiredness, it was clear he didnt want to be in this situation at all. The dark circlrs under his eyes only confirmed this "I only arrived at this school halfway through class anyway, so it would be physically impossible for me to be anything other than late. Just because I wear this coat, doesnt mean I don't care, the uncaring trenchcoat wearing [insert Attilani equivilant of d-bag here] trope is totally out of date and extremely offensive. And considering you have one of the best backwards magic mages here as a freaking teacher, I figure the situation was under control and didn't need me to get involved. Now if you'll excuse me, I'd rather not be late for my next class."

With that he began to walk towards the door, hoping that she wouldnt try to attack him from behind or something.

LibbyM098 LibbyM098 (Skyla-Joe) @Miasmith17 (Zatanna)

Scott
The bell rang, cutting through the conversation of Bruce and the new student. A quick glance at his timetable, and the one by A.J. confirmed what he had thought. They both had the same classes, and that was going to make their lives so much easier. And A.J. was proving to be good company too, hell knows Scott needed it.

It was maths next for them. He granned his stuff (what little of it, there was) and turned to the redhead. "c'mon roomie, lets go"

(Realised Scott and A.J. are both juniors, and technically werent meant to be in chemistry.)
Concord Concord (A.J.)

Last edited:
A.J. could only gale internally at the facts spewing from the boy behind him. Thankfully he had enough self restraint to keep his jaw firmly shut, otherwise it would have been descending towards the core of the earth at rapid speed. This boy, who ever he was, was freakishly smart. Clearly they were some kind of genius who could either be your biggest asset or your worse enemy. (The kind that never seem to die and always are ten moves ahead of everybody else.)

A.J. was smart by normal human standards, but he was quickly realising that he was going to be outranked in everyway at Xavier. "A.J., you moron, what have you got yourself into now? How on earth are you going to keep up with all these super others?" he ranted internally. But challenge made A.J. thrive, he was not quitting Xavier, he was not giving up. he would get through Xavier, no matter what.

It was then that the bell rang. Scott's words made him smile, they were a sign of acceptence from the broody teen. A.J. was beginning to get the impression that broody was just a façade and there was a lot more to him than met the eye. He took his stuff too "you dont have to tell me twice" and headed to the next class, which was maths. He plonked himself in a seat near the front, gesturing for scott to sit beside him

_gallifrog_ _gallifrog_

There wasn't a damn thing he could day to comfort Dick, not was there anything he could do about the younger boys. Jason didn't even know them, they were replacements of a replacement. At least that's the phrases he would use to cope with himself. They never succeeded. Even with as much as he coukd tell that Dick wanted to be held Jason knew it better than to stay in the nurses office (and possibly be accused of molesting the teen) and cry. He tucked the head of dark fluffy hair under his chin in a parting squeeze. When he did pull away he used the sleeve that wasn't torn to help clean away any stray tears present.

"You always cry," he tried to light heartedly as he wiped over the other's face. The whole lot of them were emotionally stunted men to the core, while Dick always wore his heart on his sleeve. A part of him was always envious of the sheer confidence, feigning it away as embarrassment for the male.

Of course, it wasn't the time to be reminiscing.

He set about the small room, opening several cabinets and drawers until he found the proper tools; gauze, bandages, and a suture kit. The room still a bloody mess from Dick's earlier adventure. With their divine luck there wasn't any sort of anesthetic. Dick was tough yes - but he was also the biggest baby known to man. He could practically hear the little whimpers and cried whenever Alfred tended to the male.

The thought alone had steely eyes smile in the saddest glow. Just a few more minutes of pain.

Sitting Dick on the bed Jason found a stool to wheel over for himself. He unwrapped the makeshift bandage from his forearm, fanning over the mostly dried blood in attempt to clean it. He kept one hand on the arm to hold - more to reassure than anything - the other hand bringing up a packet to tear open with his teeth. Jason barely touched fhe skin around the wound with the sterilization pad, terrified beyond anything of hurting dick further.

With the needle threaded Jason hesitate for a moment. He was torn between wanting to keep his hand within reach, and needing it to steady the other's arm. Just one more look into those eyes - one more I got you.

And the needle was in. Torn, so bloody torn as he stitched the arm raw, watching the bruised skin become blotchy and irritated from the intrusion. He didn't want to hurt him, but it was for his own good. He just had to keep tellimg himself that with every tense and whimper. Despite himself to keep every movement steady and direct.

Jason wasn't even the one hurt and he'd felt exhausted as the last stitch was in and the ends cut neatly. One more time over the inflamed skin with a new wipe and he was wrapping it like a new born. Jesus, he felt light headed. How many times had he stitched himself in the field - pulled out lead - yet this was the feat? Dick would be his second death.

But the day wasn't done.

"Why don't rest for a but - don't give me any lip. Just rest. At least until the next bell." Pausing then he knew the older teen wasn't going to comply so easily. The fact alone had a hand drag through the unruly raven locks. "Find Damian after. I have.. Something to take care of first."

Halfway to the door and he was frozen in his spot, more conflicted on leaving than ever before.

Abandoment.

The word rung in his head like deary bells past their toll.

He needed to move forward.

"Don't let the little shit cut it out of his arm either - we'll figure it out." With that he was gone.

It only then occured to him how ridiculous he must look; out of uniform, one hoodie sleeve torn and missing, remnants of blood over the red fabric ironically standing out like they were bleached there, and the hollow of his eyes.

God, he wanted his leather jacket. But there wasn't time for that. Picking up his steps his boots clanked throughout the hall, his hand reaching up to tear off of the other sleeve for some sort of normalcy (more likely looking like a right douche with the cut off). His heart hammering away in his chest with each passing step, it only occured to him that he was sprinting when he all but crashed into the class door.

His eyes moved around almost frantically throughout the class, looking for the trademark red hair of his classmate. Once he spotted the male he swallowed thickly. And if course, there ess Scott right beside him. The school year was only in it's second day and he couldn't picture them apart. How convenient. He gave absolutely no reason to be trusted - or helped by his peers. Nononetheless, he had to try.

Pride in the damn gutter he could already feel his face flare up in a bright crimson as he walked over to the desk in slower strides than how he arrived. God send him back below, Jason Todd wasn't shy. Reserved at times yes, but never shy. Yet here he was, struggling to make eye contact as he closed and stretched his fingers over and over in attempt to ease the setting anxiety.

"A. J. , I -" Fuck, his throat was so dry and scratchy. No doubt the running did nothing to help his case.

What even was he supposed to say? My sociopathic adoptive father put a chip on me like a mutt, wanna take a look? No, that simply wouldn't do.

Licking over his lips the teen tried again. "I know I can be a jerk," Christ he was already getting off topic. "And I know you're pretty smart." Smart? Smart? Smite him now before he embarrassed himself into an aneurysm. "Fuck, I just - I could really use your eyes for something."

It wasn't pretty in the least bit, but God damnit it, it was something. By now he thought his face would melt right off with how hot it had become. Even now he was still unable to make eye contact, instead flickering his gaze from the males face and the space between A.J. and Scott.

LibbyM098 LibbyM098 Dick
Concord Concord A.J.
_gallifrog_ _gallifrog_ Scott

(I'm sorry if this is horrendous, for the life of me I couldn't get the words I wanted and spent at least thirty minutes agonizing over it and it still doesn't feel right )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back