• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom X-Men : Devolution (Closed)

Got it. Spontaneous X-gene re-emergence.

Thanks

I didn't do great in my genetics class, but if gene variation and the process of passing them down occurs through the mix and match process of meiosis how does the X-gene re-emerge from non existence? And wouldn't it take an incredibly long time even if it did occur?
The general idea is that all the aspects of mutation required for the formation of the xgene in newborns are there and have been evolved into humanity already. As such... Humanity is primed to produce XGene carrying mutations without actually having it themselves. The mutant, wanting to remove mutants removed only the gene from existing individuals who carry it, not ones primed to produce it specifically. If this had not happened, there would have been a surge in mutant kind, as it has been on an increasing curve as more non-carriers of the 'active gene' interbreed with people with the inactive gene, not inheriting it but the various aspects that prime them to produce it under the correct circumstances. Does this make sense? To you? I don't know much either. Lol.

The general idea is that all the aspects of mutation required for the formation of the xgene in newborns are there and have been evolved into humanity already. As such... Humanity is primed to produce XGene carrying mutations without actually having it themselves. The mutant, wanting to remove mutants removed only the gene from existing individuals who carry it, not ones primed to produce it specifically. If this had not happened, there would have been a surge in mutant kind, as it has been on an increasing curve as more non-carriers of the 'active gene' interbreed with people with the inactive gene, not inheriting it but the various aspects that prime them to produce it under the correct circumstances. Does this make sense? To you? I don't know much either. Lol.

Kinda, sorta. I get what you mean. I just thought the genetic sequence for every individual was produced through the random mixing of alleles, that randomly produced the X-gene, which eventually gets passed down (because natural selection favors it). If the sequence of alleles that make up the gene literally disappeared/no longer exists (I mean it's part of the gene), how does it randomly re-match itself into the X-gene sequence? And, given that it's random, it should take generations of mix matching before it somehow resurfaces. At least, that's how I understand it, lol. The only thing I can imagine is that the alleles didn't actually 'vanish', but just got re-shuffled so the gene seemingly disappeared. Then it re-emerged quickly because the human population is incredibly high nowadays so the probability of randomly producing the X-gene is greater than in the past.

But yeah, I only took one basic genetics class, so it's not like I know the in and outs of gene production and I don't wanna argue science either =P The X-gene is fictional anywho and it can work any way you want in an rp. The intentions are clarified for me at least.

Haha, so Pandora caused the X-event because she didn't want a world like the one in Boku no Hero^^

Kinda, sorta. I get what you mean. I just thought the genetic sequence for every individual was produced through the random mixing of alleles, that randomly produced the X-gene, which eventually gets passed down (because natural selection favors it). If the sequence of alleles that make up the gene literally disappeared/no longer exists (I mean it's part of the gene), how does it randomly re-match itself into the X-gene sequence? And, given that it's random, it should take generations of mix matching before it somehow resurfaces. At least, that's how I understand it, lol. The only thing I can imagine is that the alleles didn't actually 'vanish', but just got re-shuffled so the gene seemingly disappeared. Then it re-emerged quickly because the human population is incredibly high nowadays so the probability of randomly producing the X-gene is greater than in the past.

But yeah, I only took one basic genetics class, so it's not like I know the in and outs of gene production and I don't wanna argue science either =P The X-gene is fictional anywho and it can work any way you want in an rp. The intentions are clarified for me at least.

Haha, so Pandora caused the X-event because she didn't want a world like the one in Boku no Hero^^
Let's say that is it, yeah. As for the reasoning - she could either take it all away or give it to everyone. And everyone would be... Crazy. Better no one then.

Let's say that is it, yeah. As for the reasoning - she could either take it all away or give it to everyone. And everyone would be... Crazy. Better no one then.

A world where having superpowers is the norm is the basis of My Hero Academia, UnOrdinary, etc and it works out...moderately...well for them. Humans are decent at adapting (after a while).

But yeah, I can understand her logic^^

By tomorrow we will be thinking about closing. And I probably will only allow a few more spots. So, if you guys are still interested jump on it!

I am giving until the end of today for me. So that's about 5/6 hours before I will be going to sleep. I want to finalize the roster before then and prepare some details so we maybe begin by tomorrow. See if you can get it up if still interested, or let me know if you are going to be late. If you are - I want at least a photo, and a name, a title and a power detailed as a WIP by tonight. The rest you can add later.

I am giving until the end of today for me. So that's about 5/6 hours before I will be going to sleep. I want to finalize the roster before then and prepare some details so we maybe begin by tomorrow. See if you can get it up if still interested, or let me know if you are going to be late. If you are - I want at least a photo, and a name, a title and a power detailed as a WIP by tonight. The rest you can add later.
Apologies I am having quite a hard time thinking of a character concept, I don't think I will be joining the RP unless there is opportunity to join at a future date and I get a good idea that I like.

Apologies I am having quite a hard time thinking of a character concept, I don't think I will be joining the RP unless there is opportunity to join at a future date and I get a good idea that I like.
Very well. Good luck and if you ever get a good idea, let me know. Maybe we can squeeze you in!

The thread is now closed. ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki and KingHalliwell KingHalliwell and Scatterbrain Scatterbrain - I believe you three are still interested to an extent. Scatterbrain you are accepted. See PM's. I'll give the other two till I wake up. Since we have spoken. Thanks for the interest everyone. We are 12 strong with perhaps three more. That makes us 15. Quite a number. More than I could have hoped for. So ya. Thank you very much.

The thread is now closed. ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki and KingHalliwell KingHalliwell and Scatterbrain Scatterbrain - I believe you three are still interested to an extent. Scatterbrain you are accepted. See PM's. I'll give the other two till I wake up. Since we have spoken. Thanks for the interest everyone. We are 12 strong with perhaps three more. That makes us 15. Quite a number. More than I could have hoped for. So ya. Thank you very much.
I think I have to pass on this. Just can't seem to get a character together and will be busy the next few days. Thanks you anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back