Ww - the coming storm

Vent whipped around, holding Wrath's Door up at Alec, and immediately paused.

"........."

"W-Wha-" He let out, before losing control of Wrath's Door, the pressurized energy winking out from his palm, his face becoming a light shade of red.

"Damn!" He yelled, jumping back, his Umbralus marks glowing. "Not cool! You know that would only ever work on me!"

Laughing lightly, Alec shugged, "It worked pretty well on Conner too." She stuck her tongue out at him before flicking a symbol with her hand, letting it stay at that, a creepy smirk on her face.

Vent scowled.

"That's because he's a perv." He spat, sounding a touch miffed, while the wind swirled around him, and he ran at Alec, still a bit red, but concentrated on the fight again.

"I don't know. He was pretty good to me." Alec said, hoping to hit a sore spot before laughing as he moved. Hitting the other symbols, they all flashed before a spell launched forward, a skeleton, rather large shot out of the portal summon she created, as Vent passed into the area of it's range, it swatted at him with a roar.

Ven's eyes widened. Alec's use of 'Death' with Umbralus was surprsing. His brow furrowed as his marks flashed and he entered his lightning form, shooting around the skeleton and in front of Alec. The wind that had been swirling around Vent as he ran tore at the skeleton in it's wake as Vent threw a Lightning Fist at Alec's face.

Eyes widening a bit, Alec took the hit not having seen it, going back a bit and falling out of the sky before catching herself about half way from the ground. Flinching a small bit she rubbed the side of her face that stung like a, well, like a *****. A bit annoyed at that, she activated the first spell once again, and burst it out, her skin going more paper thin to not only see the veins, but the skeletal structure underneath as well, making her truly death like.

Looking at him, she set back into an odd stance waiting for him to strike.

Vent's eyes widened further.

"A second stage?!" He exclaimed, stunned. He knew, and quite frankly loved the fact that Umbralus altered the user's body based on the spell used in it's activation, but he never thought of advancing the process, of creating a deeper form.

His look of confusion quickly changed into a smile.

"Way to go!" He shouted to Alec, while hovering in the air, his lengthened yellow hair flowing in the wind. "If I wasn't electrified, I'd give you a hug!" He added, floating down to the ground, looking up at her, about 20 feet away.

Alec sneered, cracking her neck back before wrapping her hand around air and a whip of spinal cords appeared in her hand. Cracking it towards him, she tried wrapping it around his arm to pull him in closer.

Vent's expression of joy quickly went to surprise, as he tried to dodge the spinal cords, but got latched by one. He waved his hand, the wind around Alec stilling, and then snapped his fingers, a bolt of lightning shooting from his hand, along a current of air into the still air around Alec.

"Leggo!" He shouted, a bit creeped out by the bone.

Taking the electricity, she pulled harshly on the spine, pulling Vent close enough to see that her eyes were fully black, no light was in them, just pure empty space, and madness. Pulling him closer still, her free hand started drawing a symbol that had a faint resemblance to a skull, which if one knew enough about symbols was one for a particular creature, keen on eating flesh.

Vent swallowed, knowing with her newest symbol, Alec wasn't pulling any punches. He used a gust of wind to propel himself forward with the pull from the spine, and grabbed it with his other hand, pulling on it to bring Alec closer to him. Charging the very air around him with electricity as he flew at Alec, he prepared for some sort of attack.

Not noticing him doing it, Alec kept her concentration on the symbol, before she was pulled towards him as well. Pulled away from the almost completed symbol, she growled viciously and let go of the spine. Kicking backwards, towards the symbol, she reached a hand out, trying to finish it before he could get his attack in.

Marco:"no power?"

:: he held up the contract ::

Marco: "i've come to claim my property, by this very contract, signed BY you! it clearly says that unless I release her from my ownership, she is MINE!"

:: he grinned ::

Marco: "and this is an act of blatant theft, a clear violation of your own rules, now give her back!"

:: he hated calling leslie "property" but that was how the contract refered to her ::

"it's not theft if I created her." The reaper said. "And in this realm, that contract goes null during a punishment from breaking it, and since she confessed her crime, it goes into effect. Or did you not read the fine print?" He sneered a bit, "And clearly you didn't or you'd know how much power I still have over her. For instance."

He looked at Leslie and grinned devilishly, "Move forward." Knowing how bad it would be given that she couldn't move without being hurt by the blade. But, none the less, Leslie did so, silently, eyes blank, the blade being pushed down her arm more as she moved. "Stop. Good."

Turning back to Marco, he grinned. "Though you have more power, I have the power of creation on my side. I tell her to kill herself, she'll try to put a knife through her heart. I tell her to destroy, she'll find some important thing to hurt. You easily can tell her not to, but know this, she's a tool for destruction and death, and the only reason I trust you with her is because your record proves damaging enough. Till we meet again, Marcus Highland. "

Ripping the blade from her shoulder, he shoved Leslie to Marco, though she just hit the ground in front of him, bowing to him, waiting for him to either agree that she did wrong for Grim to deal with her, or accept her back with a payment he would inflict instead, as it was written in the fine print in the contract.

Vent snapped, putting any electricity he'd been charging into a blast at the symbol Alec was trying to finish, as he was about to collide with her.

The symbol shattered, and Alec got thrown back a bit shocked, before the Umbralus snapped out and she returned to normal before starting to fall. Landing on the ground, using a quick bounce spell to stop from dieing on the fall, she held the side of her head which hurt terribly.

:: he jumped foreward, managing to catch leslie, he held her close ::

Marco: "you lost all authority over her after the contract left your hands, saying shes yours because you made her is like a factory worker taking a ferrari from a rich person because he made it..."

he stood back up, with leslie still in his hands ::

Marco: "if there is a punishment to be made, i'll be the one to inflict it.... understood?"

The grim reaper laughed, snapping his fingers, the contract appeared in his hand, and providing a magnifying glass, in the margin, in print to small for the eyes of even Marco to catch, was everything he had said he could do, written there, plain as day with the extra enlargement. "I wouldn't get smart Marco. But fine, and if she hasn't bled by the time 4 hours are over, I'll be taking you as a substitute."

Marco: "if she hasn't bled..."

:: he looked to leslie ::

Marco: "give me a knife..."

:: seeing as how she was still limp, he lay her down on the ground ::

"I do nothing. You chose to do it yourself." With that, the grim reaper dissapeared.

:: Marco sighed, and leaned into Leslie's ear ::

Marco: "i'm sorry, but if i dont, the god of death will do worse..."

:: they faded away, appearing in Marco's house, he lay her on the main table and went into the kitched and grabbed a knife :

Marco: "okay.. i just need to draw blood, nothing more..."

:: he took a few shots of vodka, there was no way in hell he could bring himself to do this 100% sober, but he was neiher drunk nor sober, he was tipsy ::

:: he came back out with a knife in his hand, his judgement had been altered, but he still didnt want to do this ::

Leslie just layed there, she didn't understand why he came back for her, she didn't care. He shouldn't have. He should have just let her be so she couldn't hurt him anymore. Looking at the ceiling, she had to silently wonder if maybe she was hated by someone who just wanted to see her fail at doing good.

:: marco came up to her, and it was only then he noticed she was concious ::

:: he sat on the table, and stroked her hair a bit ::

Marco: "Leslie... i dont care anymore... i dont care who your aleigance is to... all i want is for you to feel the same wor e... as i feel for you... and now its come to this..."

:: he glanced over the knife, stroking the blade with his finger, cutting it ::

Marco: "now... according tot he grim reaper.. i have to mkae you at least bleed within hours... dont worry, i'll try and make it small..."

:: he got up and walked slowly around her, and he got up on the other side of the table ::

Marco: "a light cut on the arm... no more than if you put your hand into a rosebush, i swear it"

:: he held her arm up, and traced the area he was going to cut, giving her some time to brace herself ::

Leslie didn't respond, other than a faint nod. He'd understand in a few minutes anyway, exactly it would be to try and make a small cut. Because, after all, rose bushes could cause some rather great damage.

:: marco took a deep breath, and he bought up the knife to Leslie's arm ::

Marco: "three... two..."

:: on "one" he pushed the knife in, blood flowed out, he pulled the knife down her arm, and soon he pulled it out, leaving a long cut down her arm, it might scar, but she was bleeding, and thats what he needed ::

Marco: "i'm sorry leslie... i wish i could accept the punishment instead... i really do..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back