Ww - the coming storm

bettsyboy

Four Thousand Club
this is the next season of "Ww the next generation"

this is based 3-5 years after the events in the first season of ww the next generation and we have all grown,

we are stronger physically, mentally ang magically.

some more than others.

:: high up in the himiylayas, an old man, covered in wrinkles and in loose brown robes say in a meditating possition, in front of him was a young man, he was incredibly fit, covered in bruises, scars and scratches, he had a light beard and his hair was messy and reached just below his waist ::

Old man: "young student, i believe you are ready..."

Man: "yes, teacher"

Old Man: "to finish your training and see your family and friends again, you must travel to the "Dream Realm" and slay a creature"

Man: "yes, teacher"

Old Man: "you are strong young Highland, but you are not a master of magic, you must find the rest by yourself.... now go"

Marco: "yes... master"

:: Marco got up, he was completely un-recognisable, he was dirty, extremely fit and as pale as a ghost ::

A row of young adults, varying in height and gender soot in front of three people in black suits. In the middle of the two groups a table stood with documents on each person, a list of names, and a laptop. Names started getting called off and one by one people stepped forward, took there final assignment, found which fake ward they would attempt guarding for the the select period of time on the document and put there info into the laptop.

"Alec Deathlind." Was called forward and a young woman, more like an older teen really, she looked barely passed 18 with black hair (hair dye)tied tight into a braid that fell down to her waist, flawless skin(cover up) and two blue eyes(contacts). Taking the document handed to her, her eyes flicked down at it for a second before looking at the ward list then putting in her data.

Moving to the door, she took her cloak of the rack and wrapped it around herself disappearing within it followed by the fabric eating itself into nothing as well. Appearing in the very busy New York her pass or fail assignment that would decide whether or not she became part of the DTW was simply. 'Your ward somehow escaped your watchful eye, find them and bring them to the safe house. Any marks on them will be deducted from your grade. You have 3 hours.'

Alec sighed and looked at the name on her list, Lee Bruce. Age 12. Followed by his picture, and the hint at the starting point. Frowning she took of pure business and set out towards Lady Liberty.

:: in the dream realm, Marco quickly found, and subdued a demon of rage ::

Demon: "damn you mortal!"

Marco: "assignment complete"

:: Marco re-emerged in the temple ::

Teacher: "good, it seems your powers are at a peak, to defeat a demon on its own grounds, you pass"

Marco: "this seems too easy..."

Teacher: "good, you noticed that... there are many vices in this world... Envy, Rage, desire.... pride"

:: the old man began to change shape, and was quickly a demon, with a black, slimy exoskeleton and pincers on each arm ::

Demon: "keep your wits about you mage... true tests... never end"

:: The demon dissapeared, and another battlemage came in ::

Battlemage: "you have passed, you're things are packed, you will be transported soon to New York City, where a friend of yours can take you home... go now"

:: Marco simply nodded, took his bag and was teleported away, he emerged on the top of the statue of liberety, he covered his ees and his skin burned ::

Marco: 'damnit... all those years inside the temple, i forgot the sun was so bright..."

It was years since Steven first had contact with fellow magi.

Steven Adams,aged eighteen. It was five years since he was at the Chicago Institute for Gifted Children,and met magi. At the time,he sported a cedar branch in place of a right hand. Now he possesses a full prosthetic for the arm,which is powered by magic. Steven once had a single scar running down his face from left to right. He now has one down the left side of his face,going through the eye,rendering him half-blind,and one running across his throat,making him near mute.

His attire is simple:Blue jeans,with slightly tattred cuffs,a plain white shirt,a leather bomber jacket,and a black felt pork pie hat.

Sitting at a bench at the base of the Statue of Liberty,Steven thought back to his days at Chicago. Day one at the Academy,he nearly got killed...Twice,and made the aquaintance of three magi his age. Steven leaned back,with a sigh,and directed his gaze skyward. When he saw someone on the head of Liberty,his gaze narrowed,and growled, "What in the world...?" as a young boy dashed by.

Swaying around the different people nearing the island, she teleported carefully to the base of the statue, quickly spotting her ward moving off towards Manhattan. Frown deepening she beelined right for Lee Bruce, pushing a man in a strange looking hat out of the way growling a 'Move it Asshole' at him.

Catch the kid by the scruff of the neck she turned him around looking him up and down. The DTW were known to throw in decoys into the test but thankfully this wasn't one of them. "Come on kid, we have to go now." She barked grabbing a hold of his wrist and tugging him along with her despite his efforts to get away.

:: Marco had finally re-gained his sight and composure ::

Marco: "now to get down"

:: he cast a light spell, making himself transparent, and he leapt off the roof of the statue of liberety, heading to the ground, at the last 30 metres, he spun and landed comkpletely unharmed, and he made himself visible, the people around weren't looking so barely anyone noticed, and anyone who did simply dismissed it as "tricks of the light" ::

Marco: "now..."

:: he noticed a pretty girl snatch up a small boy, and he grabbed her by the neck, completely unaware that it was Alec, and he looked at least 40 even though he was only 18 as well ::

Marco: "let the child go"

When he recieved a rude shove,and a ruder remark,Steven looked at the offender,losing his hat in the process. The person,about eighteen,seemed familiar.

"What the...?" Steven growled,and examined her more closely.

His eyes widened in surprise,and he cracked a rare smirk. He bent low and retrieved his hat,but didn't put it back on.

He caught up to her and his smirk grew to a full-blown smile. No mistaking it,if you knew what to look for.

"Alec? Alec Deathlind? Is that you? It's been years! It's me,Steven Adams! From Chicago! How'd these last five years treat ya?"

At that moment,a man,who Steven swore wasn't there before,was suddenly demanding she let the boy go,which Steven just now noticed. Getting sloppy,Steve...Shoulda noticed it before!

Steven eyed the man up. He was filthy,but he was younger than he looked. And he too seemed fmiliar...

"Who are you,and why do you seem so god-damned familiar?" Steven growled,placing himself between Alec and this man.

A man stood on a boat coming into New York City. He gazed at the Statue of Liberty, a grin on his face. His training had been worth the effort. In one hand, he slid a scroll, emblazoned with the markings for 'Umbralus' a spell he'd..... Almost matered, back into his robes.

He pulled a hood up to cover his face, only his stupid grin visible. With a gust of wind, he winked out of existance.

Alec looked at the man she could have sworn she had just pushed out of the way as Lee twisted out of her grip and darted off making a 'Can't catch me' hand motions. At the same moment, some grabbed onto her neck automatically putting her arm back attaching it to the one on her neck before sliding backwards into the man and flipping him over her shoulder onto the pavement botting a heel onto his chest to keep him down. "I Should be gutting you like a fish for interfering with my job but lucky you I'm on a timer."

Sending one more glance at Steven, she nodded her head, " I have no idea who your speaking of Sir. I've never once been in Chicago in my life. " Jumping over the man she had just floored she took off after Lee Bruce flickering in and out of sight rapidly gaining on the kid before scooping him up in her arms and putting a sleeping spell on him so he wouldn't run away again. "Now for the safe house..." She bit her lip, a habit that had never stopped and looked at the file again, nodding her head she frowned. She had no idea where Avenue H was....

Standing on a rooftop, overlooking the scene unfold between Steven, someone he thought was Alec, and obviously Marco, the man relaxed. His idiot friends were the same.

He sighed, the wind taking him bounding after the girl as she took off.

Old habits died hard, huh?

She seemed to be chasing a kid......

Did Alec have a kid?

Looking around for a second, Alec closed her eyes her eyes giving her a sight of the city above. Quickly finding the streets she wanted she hooked the kid into a piggy back ride and started to walk quickly towards the place she had mapped out. Puffing a strand of black hair out of her eyes she walked even faster once again flickering in and out of reality blending in with the crowds of people who took no notice, to busy with their own problems to care.

The young man followed who he was 95% sure was Alec Deathlind. He couldn't be 100% sure, it had been 5 years.

She would probably be pissed at him for leaving to train. But he couldn't stay at the school, it was worthless to him now.

And the adults would probably be mad he stole the 'Umbralus' scroll from the library, but he didn't care. He could probably be on par with a few of them by now.

He continued to follow Alec from above, waiting for her to stop.

:: Marco smiled as he simply looked at the sky, and he casually got to his feet ::

Marco: "not too bad"

:: his left eye began to glow and in a second he recognised ALec ::

marco: "heh, not a bad disguise Alec... not bad at all"

Stopping only for a second in front of an apartment on Avenue H She teleported herself and Lee Bruce inside to which she was met with armed forces, she had the right safe house for sure now it was time to make it safe. A voice crackled through a speaker "You have 10 minutes left Ms. Deathlind. Do prove us right in employing you." At the end of the voice, the people moved, shooting rounds directly at her. Flicking up one hand a reflecting spell came up, returning the bullets into each of them, each bullet nicking the gunmen in the forehead but not puncturing, only knocking them out.

Snapping her fingers, spiders shot out of the floor spinning silk around the men and tieing them up, injecting them with a sleeper poison to keep them under. Setting down Lee Bruce, she hit the button the table. Her time flashed up 3:01 before points began to be reducted for having someone recognize her, having a follower, and a cut on the boys arm. it ended up reading :13 by the time points were taken. Sighing she whipped a hand over her forehead. "Damn..."

One of the tree people from the briefing room came in, "Congratulations. Meet your knew ward." With a snap of the fingers, a young man wearing glasses with hair trimmed nice and neat, a book in hand, and rather tall appeared. "Ricardo." The man said bowing, Alec simply rolled her eyes and looked at the higher up who pointed at her blank tear drop before it was filled green, showing a ward of equal age was under her protection.

The higher up left leaving them alone, taking the child with them for the next student's test. "Your name is?" Alec looked him up and down, "To you, A." "A? that stand for something." "Of course." Laughing, Ricardo opened the apartments door and stepped out onto the street, "Well shall we get going A?" The two started walking down the street, Ricardo trying to get my info out of his knew protector and Alec giving dodgy answers to her ward.

The young man's eye twitched. Alex had gone in the building with a kid, and left with a man?

Oh, someone was gonna get smacked. Or yelled at. Either way.

The young man jumps off the rooftop, and landed lightly behind Alec and the man. While they had a conversation, the young man's aura unconsiously heightened a bit, the wind whipping about. He walked at the same pace Alec did, but fifteen feet back.

"So...we're going to be spending a lot of time together, sharing rooms, even bathrooms." Ricarod said, trying to find something that he could use to bug this cold woman. "Not like I haven't done it before." She said. "Mmm, but with a real man?" Alec's turn to laugh. "You know one?" "Your looking at him." Her laugh increased in it's coldness, "Nice joke, now where is it you want to go?" Ricardo shrugged. "a bed?"

The young man's eyes, hidden by the cloak, widened at his remark.

Whether he meant it the way the young man took it or not, it sounded dirty.

The young man sighed, a very strong gust of wind coming from his mouth, and hitting the man from behind.

All that could be seen of the young man's face was his stupid grin, while he made no attempt to hide his magical presense at all.

Ricardo fell forward, Alec automatically grabbed him, stopping him from falling. Standing him back up, she knew that wasn't an accident. The man was to careful about what he did. Turning her head she saw the man in the cloak and instantly went into defensive. "Hold on tight." She said, grabbing Ricardo around the wasit before the two of them fell back into an ally, Alec purposely pushing them closer together so to passerby's it looked like they were...doing something that need privacy. Once out of site in the shadows, she teleported the two of them to the roof top eying the ground below trying to find the man in the cloak again.

"tell me every person you've crossed in this city." Ricardo looked taken aback at the question, "No one. " "This isn't the time for you to lie to me now talk." She growled at him. Yeah, she was a scary guard, but one couldn't say she didn't do her job.

A voice above Alec and Ricardo sighed.

The man in the cloak stood on a staff, hovering in the air above them.

".... Not his fault, Mrs. A." The young man said, looking down on them from his position. From the angle, his face would be completely visible to Alec. The only difference his face had taken on over the five years, was a little stubble. And his left eye. Instead of a bright emerald green, it was an eerie yellow.

"....... What's up?" Vent asked, lowering himself down to the room, his staff disappearing in a burst of wind and light, his cloak melting off him to reveal..... Pretty much the same thing wore back in the day. Black jeans, and a plaid shirt.

He grinned at Alec, noticing she'd changed quite a bit, and he recognized Ricardo, but didn't really know him well.

Alec frowned once again looking over at Ricardo who just raised an eyebrow. "Friend of yours?" She nodded her head, "Sadly." Looking over the roof tops then back at Vent, " What do you want?"

Vent's eyebrow raised.

"I'm back from four years of training, and I get a 'what do you want'?" He complained, his grin seeming less idiotic and more mature.

".... And I find you hanging out on a rooftop, alone with 'Stud' here." Vent pointed out, shrugging.

"A fella might assume things, but I can see you're busy." He said, putting his hands behind his head, and sighing.

"Yes, that is exactly what you get." Alec said a bit rudely, Ricardo just holding back a laugh and stepping back to let them have a moment. " and this 'Stud' here is stuck with me for life, so a little alone time on a rooftop is nothing for you to be getting ideasa over. It's at night when you should be thinking." Flipping him off she looked back at Ricardo before bowing to him, "I apologize Sir, I'm delaying you." Ricardo held up a hand, "It's fine, don't worry about it."

Vent took a hop, and floated across the gap between rooftops with a another gust of wind.

He inspected Ricardo closely, and offered his hand.

".... Vent Atrumetus. Nice to meet you. You some big shot?" He asked, his other hand slinding into his pocket relaxed-like.

"Mrs. A. playing at bodyguard?" He continued with the questions, giving Alec a sideways glance.

Ricardo grinned a crooked grin and shook the head offered to him. "You could say that, I am the sole owner of the WT&PS(Wizard tools and potion suplies the largest company that does this that prides itself on it's quality of products.)" He laughed lightly as Alec cracked her knuckles, "And she isn't a Mrs. She's a Ms. And she isn't playing, she's employed, it's what that mark means." He pointed towards the mark under Alec's eye. She smiled and nodded her head. Maybe her ward wasn't so bad.

Vent sighed.

"Don't guard your guard." He said, a grin of his own spreading. "That's been my job for a while. Of course, if it was a job, I'd have been fired by now." He added, his grin turning sheepish.

Vent's expression turned a bit more serious, and he looked at Alec for a second, a hint of regret in his eyes. His different coloured eyes.

He turned back to Ricardo, his grin back at full strength.

"..... So, a big shot like you must know a few people, eh?" Vent started, pulling his sleves up and checking out his denser, more intertwined Umbralus markings on his arms.

"I'm looking for someone in particular, who's pretty high up there. Just got back, need to say hi, ya know?" Vent explained , his grin fading a bit.

"....... Hope Astrumregis." Vent said, his eyes narrowing a bit. "Know 'im?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back