Ww - the coming storm

Vent, still with a grin, mouthed out a spell.

Suddenly, with a flash of lightning, he was beside her, to the right. With a pause, he poked her neck.

"Dead." He said quickly, while bounding back a few steps, winds circling him.

Alec raised an eyebrow, "I don't see your point, it's not like you'd do anything..." she shook her head, knowing where he was going, but not giving in till he made a good strike with it.

Vent shook his head.

Flashing to her right again, he gave her a solid shot to the kidney. From there, he snatched her right arm. Twisting it behind her back, he put his other arm around her neck in a firm hold.

"Dead again. Damn, you're bad at this......" He spat in a mocking tone.

Flinching slightly, Alec growled a tiny bit before sighing. "Yeah, yeah yeah...but you didn't notice I was blind before I pointed it out, so what are the chances of an enemy catching onto that and doing it?" Her question was, of course rhetorical, she knew what he would say and do, after all, it was obvious.

As a mental nudge came to her, she sighed, "I'm sorry, I'm being difficult..."

Yes, you are..... Vent thought, smiling.

"S'okay, but you're learning how to fight at least. Maybe I'm getting tired of protecting your ass." He explained, smiling sweetly, spinning Alec around in his grip, and kissing her forehead, before stepping back.

"Show me Umbralus, with an elemental spell of some kind. Try to imitate my use of it, the way I cloak myself in my power." He asked, crossing his arms.

"The way you what?" Alec asked, a bit confused. She hadn't followed anything he had said, and in truth, when she watched Vent, she wasn't focusing on his spells, she was focusing on him.

Vent sighed.

"Watch me." He said, his Umbralus marks appearing, a lightning spell bouncing around in his left hand.

"Umbralus, Voltus!" He said, the lightning becoming an orb, which fused into Vent's body, his hair and eyes becoming yellow, and his body and aura crackling with electricity.

"Try using Umbralus. I think it works differently between people, honestly. Olivia could never bounce between forms as fast or strong as I could, but her Umbralus based spells were a lot stronger than mine. Find a way to use it, it's basically free power that will suit your style of magic." He explained, cutting the power on his form, returning to normal.

Alec nodded her head a moment, before sighing, extending a hand to her side, a tiny glowing dead leaf rested in it. The umbralus markings on the other side of her body flashed forward, and she muttered, "Umbralus Nex." As it became an orb and melted into her hand, Alecs form changed drastically. The hair went black, the eyes a deep deadly purple, the skin became transparent, ghost like, the veins standing through in perfect clarity. All around her, the air gave off a sense of death.

It was the only thing she could think of.

:: Marco's eyes narrowed at connor ::

Marco: "in case your own endevours dont work out... i have an idea of what you mean by that... but i wanna hear it from you"

:: if Connor said that his endevour was to kill vent, or any others he would simply twitch and react, he would attack Connor will all his migt and skill if his goal was further death ::

:: the eagle got higher, getting a better view for further away, going for miles, he clenched his fist... just incase ::

Vent's eyes widened.

"Wow....... Uh...... What element is that? Darkness?" He asked, stunned. She merged with that magic as well as he could merge with wind or lightning.

~

Conner smiled sweetly.

"My endeavors will be to find a way to reclaim my original body. Just so you know, I don't plan on killing anyone, Marco." He replied.

"Death." Alec said, though she was almost positive darkness would be just as easy to come to mind as this was. Frowning, she rubbed her eye. "What now?"

~

"Advocate." The reapers voice chilled Leslie to the bone. " Your here why?"

Vent gulped.

"You.... You merged with 'death' pretty quickly." He pointed out. "With no problems..... At all. At first, I couldn't even merge with wind that well....."

"As I said, I've used it before, just not often, because I don't like it. Not that I can't." Alec shrugged, "I've also died enough times to get pretty cozy with death."

Vent rolled his eyes.

"Makes sense. As long as you're comfortable. Now, did you wanna test it out?" He asked, his own marks glowing.

"Your the one who told me I was going to learn to fight." Alec said, cracking her knuckles in an odd fashion rocking back on her heels before realizing that the ground under her, all the grass had died. Raising an eyebrow, she shrugged, looking at Vent, giving it no more though.

Vent licked his lips, as one corner of his mouth twisted up in a grin. He really felt like fighting right now.... Normally, he never wanted to fight, but something about his opponent being Alec made him want to win.

The wind around him swirling with a sudden power, he stood in the middle of a dust devil, motioning for Alec to make the first move.

Alec was a bit surpsied. She didn't care for fighting, and the fact it was Vent that wanted her to attack him made it more so. Sighing,she extended a hand a faint trace of black aura coming from around it. Slowly, as it started seeping out and extending, things started dieing, the grass, bugs, she wasn't going to put it far enough to hurt Vent, but she was going to keep it out as a barrier for the moment.

Rolling her neck back, the rune marks on her shoulders lit up and skeletal wings-fitting to the theme of the power she was giving off- stretched out sickly before she took to the sky , standing in the way of the sun so she couldn't be seen.

Vent grinned. He'd get a chance to play more with Wrath's Door. Hopefully he'd be able to find more ways to manipulate it than just Wrath's Lance.

A field of super-dense magic erupted around him, and as it slowly collapsed in on his right hand, he shot a blast of wind at the area Alec just was.

The barrier rippled in the air, moving and carying it's aura of death with it. Alec watched carefully from her spot in the sun's center, laying in the air, feet up head propped with her arms. Yawning, she flicked her wrist and a skull appeared in her hand. Standing up, she did a circus trick tossing it up into the air and kicking it, only this time, she powered the kick and sent it down towards Vent.

:: marco relaxed a bit ::

Marco: you're old body is gone, connor... but i'm offering you something even better, imagine your orriginal body with mechanical parts, enhanced vision, stronger, faster all these thngs..."

:: he sealed his arm back up ::

Marco: "if you plan on killing Vent to take his or.. "you're" body... i will have to fight you, connor..."

"I'm here because I've failed." Leslie said steadily as she stood. "The one who controls my soul no longer has trust in me and my abilities, and I wasn't going to run from you when you found the evidence that convicts me to my crime."

Seconds later, she was pinned to the tree, his blade running through her shoulder, skeletal face gleaming in horror as he started down at her. Not breaking even in the slightest, Leslie continued. "I wish for this to last long enough for him to forget me." Looking at him, she cracked her her neck, "And me him, so we can both be done with it."

:: marco released his flame-spell and the eagle dissapeared ::

Marco "Connor, i'll be keeping an eye on you, i want you to get a body, i mean it... but not if it means killing someone, either physically or mentally... my offer is still ope, just contact me and i'll have a new artificial body prepped and ready in 15 minutes"

:: he dissapeared into a ball of smoke, appearing in his bedroom back at his house, in there was Leslie's gourd and a letter ::

Marco: "'ello, ello, ello... whats this?"

:: he picked up the letter, and began reading it, as he went through his eyes widened and his jaw dropped ::

:: the statue downstairs began speaking, but Marco could hear it as if it was there ::

Statue: "she loved you... mopre than anything... even past the conduct that most would call sexual harrasment, she never reseted you... you gave her a place int his world, as something more than a tool, like hope did... she was giving him false information... her loyalty was absolute... as was her effection..."

:: Marco fell to his knees, horrified, the contract with the grim reaper fell to the ground, he looked at it ::

Marco "what is this?...."

Statue: "a contract of absolute loyalty... and you are the rightful "master""

Marco: "master?... but... but..."

Statue: "yes... this contract confirms absolute loyalty an-"

Marco: "LOYALTY!? i thought you said her will was her own!"

Statue: "as it is... this contract... just ensures her punishment"

Marco:"what punishment?"

Statue: "torture, from the master of pain himself, under the supervision of the god of death"

Marco: "tell me how to get there.... now"

Statue: "well, that is simple... use the contract and demand to be taken to you're "slave""

Marco"but shes not m-"

Statue: "the contract considers her a slave! now demand to be taken to her!"

:: marco closed his eyes and clenched the contract ::

Marco: "take me... to my slave!"

:: behind the grim reaper, Marco appeared, he turned around, and saw Leslie pinned tot he wall ::

Marco: "let go of her... now.."

:: he didnt care that he was talking tot he grim reaper, he had something to say to leslie, and nothing was gonna stand in his way"

By the time Marco had arrived, Leslie had had a lot more damage done to her, though none was visable, or fatal. As he spoke, her hands tightened, not wanting him to be here, knowing this could only get worse. For both of them.

The reaper turned without moving, looking at Marco. "I'm afraid you have no power in this realm, Marco Highland. Be gone, I'll deal with you when I'm done here." He turned back to Leslie, before mouthing something that sent the marks on her back into overdrive, forcing her to bite back a scream of pain. He was going to respect the wish Leslie had given as the only form of freedom she had.

Vent hopped to the side, ignoring the skull as it passed by him.

He grinned, the aura of super dense magic compacting down into the marble sized orb of black, Wrath's Door. Holding it in his hand, while the black lightning by-product jummped around it, Vent lept at where he could feel Alec's power. He'd cut through her death-aura with Wrath's Door, due to it's ability to eradicate magic, and then attack with wind.

Flying at her, he spouted out combat advice.

"Always think a few moves ahead!" He yelled, readying Wrath's Door.

Watching carefully, Alec turned to smoke before passing back down around him. Reforming a few yawds behind, she yawned. "Good advice." Carefully, she moved her hands into various symbols, all of which stayed formed in the air. Standing there, mid air, arms folded, she thought of something.

When Vent would turn around, he would see her giving him puppy dog eyes, hair scrunched in an odd fashion that worked very well, and body positioned in a way that seemed confused, almost innocent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back