Ww - the coming storm

In the street, Leslie looked around for a moment. The whole place was a ghost town, no one lived here. Everything was boarded up or condemned and looked like someone had just taken the worst things in the world and dumped there here because everything else was too clean for it to be in.

"Looks like I belong here then..." She muttered, stopping near a broken street light watching the snow come down as tears streamed more hotly down her cheeks. Marco hated her for sure, but if he had asked about then, he would have learned that she wasn't interested in Hope. She wasn't interested in hurting him. If he had asked about recent, he would have known how much she loved him. He would have know she hated what she did and would ki-.....

That was it. That was how she could stop hurting him, she could just dissapear for ever, but the words of the gargoyle would come to her mind reminding her that if this wasn't the time in which she hurt him bad enough for him to kill her and everything else, then it would be something else she would do. But maybe going away would stop that from happening.

Nodding her head, she knew exactly what she had to do. Looking around for the tallest thing she could possibly find, she shut off the burning anger at the one called Alec and her hurt from the one called Marco, and marched towards the only tree in the whole place. A giant oak tree five stories tall.

The demon started hissing her head, self preservation kicking in, but for once, Leslie's will was stronger than the demons power to take over. Reaching the base of the tree, she started climbing. She had left her sand back at Marco's, a final gift with the deed to her inside it for whenever he found it, along with a note that explained everything he hadn't asked about, so that couldn't stop her either. Climbing higher, she could feel a slow burning in her back across her slave marks, as suicide was a form of betrayal to your lord.

~

Alec stood slowly, cracking her knuckles in frustration. "I told Marco what happened with demon. He got mad. She told him everything and now he knows he was falling for a little cheat of a slut."

Vent raised an eyebrow.

"...... Again, what happened?" He asked Alec, more confused by her answer.

"The demon girl, the one that works with Hope. She was here with Marco when he got hurt, because of her. When I was healing him, he said something about me calling her demon, so I told him what she did." Alec rubbed the bridge of her nose. "He didn't know, and when he told her to tell him, she told him a lot of things. He couldn't take it and left. I don't know about her, she probably got pissed she got found out, but she left as well.

Vent remembered Leslie. He'd fought her.

He sighed.

"I know you hate her, but hold up a second. Do you know she actually did anything wrong?" He asked, rubbing the back of his head.

Vent knew Alec would get defensive, and explain why Leslie couldn't be trusted. But Vent knew she wasn't bad deep down. He always got a feeling of someone's true character when he fought with them. The one that truly eluded him was Hope's, but he had a feel for Leslie. He knew she wasn't a bad person.

Alec's eyes widened a bit in mock surprise at the question. Sighing, she rubbed her nose a little harder, "I know I don't act like it, I have enough skill from the blind realm to not let it bother me, but because of that Demon wench, I'm blind in my right eye. Because of that demon wench, you almost got hurt. She's Hopes, do you understand that? If she was here with marco, it was because he told her to be. Nothing else other than a bullshit scam. Marco needed to know he wasn't dealing with a pure little flower because he was going to get hurt."

Vent looked a bit hurt.

"I see..... Hope's. Got it." He said, before coming up to Alec's side.

"..... But, why didn't you tell me before now you were blind in that eye?" He asked, moving on, knowing Leslie and her actions would be a lost cause with Alec. "..... I can fix that." He added, seeming a bit hesitant.

"I thought you knew..." Alec said, remembering how they had met in the hospital, and someone saying something about her looking like a mummy. "Or at least could guess..." At his offer, she shook her head, "I'm fine with it. A good sign that magic can't stop everything..."

Vent shook his head.

"Nope. I'm GONNA fix it." He said firmly, walking up to Alec.

"No." Alec said firmly, stepping away from him and going into a stance that showed she wasn't going to back down on it willingly.

Vent cracked his knuckles.

"Really?" He asked, shaking his head. "I'm gonna fix your eye, whether you want me to or not!"

"No your not." Alec said more forcefully, shuffling back a few feet and watching him carefully.

Now Vent was a little irked.

"And just why not?" He asked, sounding a bit irritated. "Are you gonna insist on having an unessecsary disadvantage?"

"It's not a disadvantage." Alec said sharply, completely used to it by then, outside of a small spot to her right that was rare for anyone to enter, she could see perfectly fine. "And even if it was, I would insist."

:: Marco crossed his arms and frowned, not trusting Connor, he was'nt alive any more, he knew that, and he also knew that Connor had power... not enough to beat him as they are now, but enogh to at least seriously wound him ::

Marco: "i can't agree untill i know what you want from me"

:: he looked around a bit, his summoned hawk circled in the sky, watching, acting as a 3rd eye for marco, allowing him to both watch Connor and the surrounding area, in case of a trap, but like many summonable animals, they can often hace certain properties to make it useful to the caster, more than a simple 3rd eye ::

Conner smirked.

"I want you to help me regain my body from Vent." He said firmly, certain Marco would help him.

"Who would you side with? Me, or Vent?" He asked, tilting his head to the side slightly.

"Because. I did it through mine own error and I want it to be a reminder I can't fight." Alec said, admitting her flaw. "Never could...it's why you guys were always saving and protecting me. I'm a healer, but I'm a curse to mine own self, the things I'm good at aren't useful for those who wish to fight." She ran a hand through her hair. "Like, if I was a fighter, Zaria would never had hit me. But I'm not..." She rubbed her arm, before shaking her head. "Just, let it be okay? If it's gone, I'll forget, and it'll get worse than just a blind side."

~

At the very top of the very top of the tree, Leslie spread her arms out looking at the ground. Her back was burning to the point where one would think the skin would just melt off. Closing her eyes, she let herself fall backwards, seconds before she would have hit the ground, a hole opened and she slipped into it, the rabbit hole reshaping back to normal, as if it had never been moved.

As the dirt flew past, Leslie never once opened her eyes, though she extended her arms to feel the walls as it went past. As the dirt went from ground, to tile, to brick, her nails had been shredded to pieces and leaving a trail of blood, and there was a still a long way to go.

:: marco frowned ::

Marco: "Conno... i wish i could help you, i REALLY do!.. its just that... i made a pledge after my dad died that i would'nt kill again..."

:: he rolled up the sleeve on his left arm, and took a knife to his skin, soon revealing the electronic parts ::

Marco: "however... i can get you a mostly artificial body though"

As the hole progressed downward, it became wider, till it was once again just a free fall through darkness. As Leslie looked down, she could see a light coming forward and fast. It wasn't until she had crashed through the wall of glass, had she passed into the disturbing world of limbo. More specifically, the Grim Reapers Limbo.

Landing on the ground in the spot covered in the glass she had just went through, blood already on some of them as she was covered with cuts, and shard of it. It wasn't as bad as it was going to get though, and seeing the black mass coming over the ice white of the dead area around her, it wouldn't take long for that either.

Conner's eyes narrowed.

"............ Maybe. If my own endeavors don't work out." He replied.

~

Vent grinned.

"If I fix your eye, I'll teach you how to fight. And, I'll leave a scar while I fix it for a reminder." He came up with a solution.

"Look, Alec, I was awful at fighting when I started. I was just thrown into it. Conner was always a better fighter than me anyways..... I just had more to protect...... Point is, I'll teach you how to fight!" He explained.

"Funny, my job of employment said the same exact thing during training. The first fight I get into with my ward, I lost my arm." Alec said, "And No, I don't want you fixing it." Rubbing her arm, she looked, for once, actually nervous. "Why do you want it fixed so badly?"

Vent frowned.

"Because you're always healing me..... So I'll repay the favor. And teach you to fight." He explained further.

"But in your case it's fatal, or you ask me to. I'm not asking you to do this, nor is it fatal." Alec said simply. "And I can't fight, no matter what you teach me, the only time I've been good in a fight was when I merged with Meido."

Vent shook his head.

"Please, at least let me try." He pleaded, suddenly getting an idea.

He broke out into a grin.

"....... You can use Umbralus too, right?" He asked, formulating an idea.

"Badly." Alec said, "I don't use it much, if at all." Putting a hand over her bad eye, she looked Vent straight in the eyes and mouthed no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back