• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Written Words for Company (Long-term Partner Search, Updated Fandoms)

Noxtua

As Blue As Oceans & Pure Skies
I struggle for the words and then give up. My head's up with the birds and the seagulls.
Welcome!

I’m Noxtua - Nox for short. And I’m looking for new role-plays and partners to write with. I would prefer long-term partners, but ghosters are welcome here too. I’m not easily spooked!

Feel free to send a message, if you’re interested. Thank you!

Here’s a quick run-down for your convenience:
  • Pronouns: She/Her
  • Word Count: 500-1k+ Words; Mirroring length if required, although, I’m personally lax on word count
  • Writing Style: Multi-paragraph, 3rd Person, Past tense
  • Sample: Just ask - I can send them over PM!
  • Plotting/World Building: Heck yes! Show me your lore pages and character sheets - I’m excited to get to know them!
  • Medium: PMs > Threads > GoogleDocs; It’s easier to format/track than Discord/Messengers
  • Response Time: A little on the slower side.. I’ll try my best at once a week! It really depends on my schedule as it fluctuates. In cases when I can’t post, I like giving updates. I really don’t mind waiting either. Take your time - life is unpredictable.
  • Pairings: Open; I play and write with/against Male, Female, LGBTQ+, and Non-Binary Characters
  • Genres: Modern, Action/Adventure/Survival, Crime/Mystery, Horror/Supernatural, Comedy/Light-hearted, Romance, Sci-Fi/Futuristic/Post-Apocalytic, Fantasy
  • Triggers/Nopers: Sexual Assault (For character history and discussion, it’s okay.); Pedophilia; Animal Abuse

I’m not an overly fussy partner. I don’t really have much rules. As long as we’re both open-minded and respectful of each other’s time and opinions, we’re good! Good chemistry and fun OOC banter is just the cherry on top! 🍒

Interests
I’m a sucker for good original plots. I don’t mind adapting stories from fandoms either. My interests are super broad overall and I’m pretty receptive to ideas. If you’ve got something simple, let’s build on it. If you’ve got something complex, try me. Either way, let’s have some fun!

PAIRINGS:
  • Blue is the role that I’m interested in playing. Otherwise, it’s open.
  • Rebellious/Chaotic x Nervous/Lawful
  • Kind-hearted, Dumb Jock x Smart, Fiesty/Sarcastic Loner
  • Criminal/Outlaw x Detective/Bounty Hunter
  • Android x Human/Companion
  • Soldier x Medic/Civillian
  • Pilot/Driver x Marksman/Gunner
  • Artist/Writer x Muse/Fictional Character Coming to Life
  • Anti-hero x Villain
  • Supernatural (Vampire, Half-ling, etc.) x Human/Shifter
  • Survivor x Survivor
  • Tourist/Exchange Student x Local Guide/Adventurer
  • Royalty x Knight/Squire
  • Witch/Wizard x Dragon
  • Merfolk/Mermaids x Faefolk/Fairies
  • Ancient Being/Grand Master x Young/Protégé
  • Thief x Wealthy Mark/Target’s Body Guard
  • Treasure Hunter x Scholar
  • Guardian Angel x Human/Demon
  • Weapon Master/Wielder x Personified Weapon
  • Phantom/Imaginary Friend x Human
  • Alien Fugitive x Space Pirate
  • Wild Animal x Mythical Creature/Science Experiment (Ex. Wolf x Phoenix; Basically non-human creatures because it’s fun to think outside the box!)

THEMES/WORD BANK:
  • Blue are themes/dynamics that I’m craving at the moment.
Childhood friends; Found families; Close siblings; Star-crossed lovers; Pen pals; Road trips; Summer camps; Group of misfits; Soulmates; Fated encounters; Cozy mysteries; Solving cold cases; On the run; Twilight zone; Creatures of the night; Multiple personalities; Narrowly escaping death traps; Buddy cops; Shared braincells/No braincells; Larger than life heist; Long cons & Grifting; Street racing; Prison break; Scouting missions; Political warfare, marriage & alliances; One shot to save the world; Urban legends & Conspiracy theories; Ghost hunting; Daily life in a fantasy world; Mythical reincarnation; Magic schools; Assassin training; Animal kingdom rivalries; Historical periods (Mayan Pantheon/Civilization, American Prohibition Era, Edo Period in Japan, Italian Renaissance, Nordic Vikings); Epic fantasy quest; Adventures on land, sea, & air; Futuristic dystopia/utopia; Holograms & Time portals; Galactic journeys & Discovering the unknown

FANDOMS:

• Blue are fandoms/characters that I’m craving. Listed names are the characters that I play. I greatly prefer OCs to Canon characters because I love AUs and canon divergent plots.
  • Teen Titans: Starfire, Raven, Beastboy,
    Terra/Tara - Please, please, please gimme a Slade storyline! I think having a corruption arc with her betraying the Titans/Her friends would make for fun angst and would probably break my heart in the best of ways.
  • Marvel/Avengers: Thor, Peter/Spiderman, Maria Hill
  • Umbrella Academy: Number Two/Diego, Number Six/Ben
  • Harry Potter: Luna Lovegood, Newt Scamander
  • Merlin: Merlin, Morgana Pendragon
  • Deadly Class: Sayu Kuroki, Billy Bennett
  • Avatar: The Last Air Bender: Sokka, Toph, Ty Lee
  • Dishonoured: Emily Kaldwin, The Outsider
  • Half-Life: Alyx Vance
  • Until Dawn: Sam, Ashley, Matt
  • Professor Layton: Luke, Emmy, Flora
  • Stardew Valley: Penny, Maru, Harvey, Sam
  • Genshin Impact: Jean, Bennett, Chongyun, Beidou,
    Yoimiya - I’d love to play against a Kazuha because Kazumiya lives rent free in my head. Kazuha deserves so much love and happiness. Plus, I can double down and play Beidou because I love the head canons of the overprotective mom/elder sister and adoptive son/younger brother dynamic of the two.
  • Soul Eater: Maka, Soul, Tsubaki, Stein
  • Other Fandoms/Media of Interest: Cobra Kai, Pacific Rim, The Haunting Series (Netflix), The Magicians (The novels by Lev Grossman. I actually have been avoiding watching the series until I’ve finished the books.), Men in Black, District 9, & More.

Plots
Some of these are just quick prompts and some are a little more involved. I'm always looking for new things to try. If there's something you’re passionate about but don't see here, share them with me. I love brainstorming things together and changing the details so we’re both invested from the get-go!

PROMPTS:
  • “My preferred method of transport? To be carried by servants, of course!”
  • “We all tried to grow up too fast.”
  • “I’m not in trouble. I am the trouble.”
  • “Because I asked you politely. And I only do that once.”
  • “Hold your fire. I’m only armed with concern.”
  • “What do people do when they go through a bad break-up? They drown themselves in food, alcohol, and bad company. But her? She was gonna own the world and break into the federal reserve.”
  • “Do you want a robot apocalypse? Because this is how you get a robot apocalypse.”
  • “You can’t cute your way out of this one, you little shit.”

SCENARIOS:
  • Muse A is a knight/soldier who is fighting in a war that they do not believe in. Just as they were about to walk away from the battle, they encounter Muse B. Muse B is a civilian/farmer who wants to fight for their own liberty.
  • Muse A is a wizard from medieval times who managed to escape the ominous wrath of their enemy by jumping through a time portal. Muse B is a modern day magician who made their assistant disappear in their box. To both their surprise, instead of the assistant hopping out of the box, Muse A did.
  • Muse A is a genetically engineered human weapon. They are augmented to be able to obliterate small armies with the amount of cannons and lasers in their body. Muse B is a contract mercenary who supposed to kidnap Muse A and deliver them to a lab funded by an infamous arms dealer who wants to replicate Muse A for their own gain.
  • Muse A is terminally ill and has opted to copy their consciousness via brain emulation into a clone. Muse B, a technician, wasn’t paying attention to the upload and somehow ended up with a corrupted file and erasing part of Muse A’s memories.
  • Muse A is framed for a crime that they didn’t commit. Muse B, their interrogator, knows this and helps plan their escape. Little do they know that they’re both being watched by the real perpetrator.
  • Muse A is an internet sleuth who just posted their latest theory. The following day, Muse B (who’s a part of a secret society) shows up at their doors looking for answers.
  • Muse A is a street photographer who likes to develop their own pictures. In one of the photos, Muse B’s silhouette/face appears even though they’ve been deceased for years.
  • Muse A was in the middle of the nightly heist when they get knocked out cold. Later that night, Muse B was working the nightshift and finds Muse A. When Muse A wakes up, they have a strange desire to lunge at Muse B’s neck. Looks like Muse A turned into a zombie/vampire. But how?
  • Muse A is trying to train their new puppy at the park, but they accidentally let go of the leash. The puppy runs into Muse B who happens to have dog allergies.

PLOT 1: Babysitter’s Club

What does it take to properly care for a child of wealthy upper echelon? Three years of study of early childhood development, international cuisine, basic sewing, multiple languages, self-defence techniques, and defensive driving. That’s what Muse A signed up for and they didn’t expect anything less, given that upon graduation, they would be safeguarding the children of highly prolific figures - from foreign dignitaries to the most wealthy billionaires that walked the Earth. The level of preparation mustn’t be anything less than perfect.

Freshly graduated, Muse A had been working at their placement for a few months. They know the family’s routine like the back of their hand. Needless to say, little deviances to such patterns made them anxious. Once their child didn’t return from their studies/school in time, Muse A started to worry. Muse A enlisted the help of Muse B to find out what happened to the missing child. They were sure that Muse B, highly qualified and vetted on their own right, would use their skills and intuition to solve this mystery.

• This idea came to me after I watched a Youtube video about Norland Nannies. [Click!] Think of these nannies like Mary Poppins meets James Bond or Black Widow as a child’s body guard. I thought it would be super interesting to write about a kick-ass nanny/baby-sitter. In this case, I would love to play Muse A. But I wanted to leave Muse B open. There are several roles that I was thinking.
  • Maybe Muse B is a family member or an older sibling to the missing child.
  • Muse B could be hired security detail or a driver who worked for the family as well.
  • Finally, Muse B could be an outsider. Like the child’s teacher or a police officer who could work together with Muse A to find their child.

PLOT 2: Cruel Summer

Expansive, lush evergreen spanned the horizon for miles. Snippets of small lakes and docked ships appeared intermittently to give pause that civilized creatures shared a similar inhabitance to the woods as did its feral creatures. Yet for all its rich splendour and the unbelievable feats of the towering pines, oak, and ash - meaningful appreciation came to be challenged by the glass screens that bide the attention of the bus’ young passengers. An occasional portrait was snapshot to feed into the social media machine, but nonetheless, the surroundings were ignored. Because ‘who wants to see boring old trees anyways’ when there was a game to be played, video to be seen, or clever caption to be typed.

Each year less and less campers returned to Crystal Lake, but perhaps this year such a lapse of attendance was for the better. Several hikers have been reported to have accidental deaths by the local media, but that didn’t deter the parents who just wanted to have their kids out the house. Besides, the camp’s founders were running at a lower rate for admission to entice newcomers despite the news. There really wasn’t anything to fear. Camp Clearwater was safe. At least that’s what Muse A and Muse B anticipated when they signed up.

• I just finished AHS 1984 and I was really into the idea of a haunted camp or having a mass murderer on the loose. I’m really open to plotting out the creature and/or the possible death traps that could be lurking behind the woods. It would be a fun survival type of RP OR if you’re inclined to play the villain, it would be a nice chase of cat and mouse. Our characters could be teenagers (as the campers) or adults (camp counsellors, cooks, life guards, etc.). Also, it’d be fun to do just all the summer camp things like jumping into the lake, scary stories at the campfire, making friendship bracelets, and secretly meeting your crush for a midnight hike.

PLOT 3: Ties That Bind

Whirring gears that turned mechanical hands and a printed face of roman numerals. At a glance, it's nothing out of the ordinary. A regular timepiece for an unassuming observer - a visual manifestation of plans of the past and future. How can something as inconsequential as a watch possibly be one of the linchpins that prevented the wheel of fate's descent into unsavory depths? Although perhaps, it's such oversights of common knowledge that the Tailor had counted on. No one questions why one would wear a watch. No one blinks twice when several people scattered in a bank's lobby stare at their wrist for time, counting down the seconds to largest gamble of their lives.

It's only the highest of stakes that lured such individualists to even consider participating, let alone, playing their cards in tandem. While divergently adept to the skills they possess, unnatural selection led four competitors on opposing brackets to a convergent motive. It was a team that the world simply wasn't quite prepared to receive. One can only imagine the stories that foretold the fates of the Jack who was as subtle as a yak, but wasn’t easily cracked as they pushed forward to attack. Or would they become beguiled by the Queen who was polished and preened, a tactical machine that weaponized beauty as a screen. And let's not forget the King who held the bulk of the mission. They had no time to skulk nor did they ask for permission. Then of course, there's the Ace who outsmarted mishaps, a student of the blueprints and maps, a guide that ensured the avoidance of all traps. But no one knew the stakes better than the Tailor, old and weathered. They pulled all the tethers that knotted them together.

• I'm very much in a "heist" phase atm. Aside from AHS, I've been watching Money Heist/La casa de papel on Netflix and I really, really, really want to RP something like that. This would most likely involve having to double up on characters, but I promise that it will be so worth it. Let's take Ocean's Thirteen and turn it all the way up to a hundred!

More plots incoming in the near future!

I’m still in the middle of trying to brainstorm a fantasy that revolves around the animal kingdom and a war between the animals and also galactic journey about ancient alien civilizations. If you’re interested in helping me flesh these out, just let me know. Let’s talk! 😊

▯⤸ Tilt screen for mobile viewing | Code By: Noxtua

Last edited:

tumblr_p5pszzE1SJ1u034pso1_540.gif

tumblr_p5pszzE1SJ1u034pso2_540.gif

tumblr_p5pszzE1SJ1u034pso6_540.gif

tumblr_p5pszzE1SJ1u034pso8_540.gif

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎ INSPO 1: Annihilation (2018) ☁︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆

“It was dreamlike. Nightmarish. Not always. Sometimes, it was beautiful.”

Last edited:
⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎ Bump! ☁︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆

02.27.22 - Will update with more plots soon! Would love to do something like the movie Annihilation! (:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back