Other Would you rather be an older sibling, younger sibling, or only child?

I'm an only child and I always wanted siblings but seing some of my friends with theirs I grew out of that wish real fast.

I'm the youngest and honestly, I'd prefer it even if I had a choice. My brother looked after me and taught me a lot. He's 8 years older than me, so I always looked up to him, and we never really had many conflicts.

I can't imagine being an only child; it's just not for me. My brother was my babysitter when my parents were working, he was my friend that would play with me or hang out with me, he was a teacher when I was curious about something or didn't understand something. If he wasn't there, some random person would have babysat me, I would have been alone during every break from school, and I wouldn't have had an answer to every question I had. I dunno. It just would have been a lot lonelier, and I wouldn't have learned all the little things he taught me.

On the flip side, being older doesn't really appeal to me, either. I really enjoyed growing up and using my time to solely focus on myself. It sounds selfish, but I don't know if I would have liked always having to watch over someone else. It was nice to just figure out who I was and enjoy my childhood without having to grow up fast for a younger sibling and worry about taking care of them. Like, hats off to my bro, I don't think I would have handled it as well as he did.

A) Sibling is an asshole = I want to be the older one
b) Sibling isnt an asshole = I want to be the younger one

Based on stereotypes, if there were plenty of siblings (ie more than just me and 1 sib) I'd want to be the oldest or the youngest, as they get a ton of attention. If it was a choice between having one sibling or none, I'd pick none. Only children get more attention than competing duo siblings.

Younger most definitely. I'm the middle child and my little brother is catered to just because he's the youngest whereas I do triple the amount of work he does and never get lauded for any of it. At the very least it would make him quit being so smug about brushing his teeth without mommy telling him to.

He's 12 by the way and still needs to be reminded nearly 3-4 times to shower or to brush his teeth.

I am the younger sibling with an older sister and, even though she drives me crazy like all the time and tries to tell me what to do with my day, I don't think I would change being the young sibling to an older sister, as I honestly don't think I would know any differently and probably if I were to become something else, it would just not be easy for me to change on what I already have grown used to.

ahhh
i like having a sister??? so uhh
older sibling, im pretty family-centered so maybe im weird idk

Only child.

My brother's an annoying piece of shit who messes up everything I do, both literally and metaphorically.

Younger sibling, even though I already have an older brother, so the same as currently I guess.

I'd rather be the older one, out of those choices, but honestly the middle child has their perks. (Which is what I am...) You get older-ish benefits and you're not smothered.... (Me trying to sugar-coat my middle-child-syndrome.) But whatever; I'm not a social person, per say, so I like flying under the radar in middle-child fashion sometimes. But me and my older sis are close, so maybe it's not as bad as some people's. Meh.

Honestly, since high school, despite having three siblings (I'm the youngest) it's always felt like I was an only child. Before, I'd be with my brothers 24/7 but now we barely interact with each other anymore. Even when we occasionally visit each other. While I miss the times we hung out with each other, I actually kind of like it this way. I still sometimes wish we could go back to playing with each other though.

I guess I'll go with only child because of this.

Well, I'm the eldest child in the family, with a little sister and an upcoming baby brother this December. But to be honest, I've always wanted to be a middle child. Not really the older sibling, or the younger one- and most definitely not the only one. My ideal "#siblinggoals" would be to have an older brother, and a younger sister.

But I'm definitely fine with what I have. I adore my little sister sooo much, and I can't wait for my baby bro. C;

I'm the oldest in my family, so I think I'd like to be an only child. Or the youngest, because it seems everyone else has an older brother!

Only Child. I'm a middle kid, so I've been both an older brother and a younger brother, neither of which were enjoyable experiences.

I hate to sound ungreatful for my siblings,But Only child every day all day.One of my sisters has no breaks and is very emotionally abusive,And one i havent seen in a month (Or more),So,Only child anyday.

Only Child. I'm a middle kid, so I've been both an older brother and a younger brother, neither of which were enjoyable experiences.

"Neither of which where enjoyable experiences"
You gotta admit,For like,5 months,Babies are pretty cool.But then they turn into humans.

yea when theirs three siblings in the fam you kinda get annoyed when your in the car all together

Especialy those ole 5 seater cars.
Nothing like having to sit ontop of eachother for three hours only to go to grandmas for christmas dinner.

Biut hey,Being thesmallest of my siblings,I get put in the middle,So ive got airbags if anything happens,man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back