Other Would you rather be an older sibling, younger sibling, or only child?

I'm an only child, which isn't as heavenly as people think it is. It's boring and lonely which results in me spending the majority of my days with no semblance of human interaction other than with my parents, which is only amplified by the fact that I'm homeschooled. If anything, I'd rather be an older sibling.

i'm the youngest among three--older brother and sister are twins older than me by two years. i like it to stay that way. their bond with each other is stronger than mine with either of them, but we three get along well. they find time to include me into their stuff and the best part is they buy me stuff. plus, when fights happen it's always just between both of them, where i end up as either a mediator or someone they coax into their side.

Last edited:
i am the older sibling and i get disrespect all the time. unfortunately you realize that your siblings are the first dynamics you have to learn about stranger and if you're not a jerk or make your reputation while youre young you're walk on all during your life. as a n only child i feel like i would of gotten in trouble more often but at least i wouldn't of only gotten in trouble for my own things. i got blame for my sister problems and even expect to fix them while being told im not useful. older siblings are either egotistic or expendable i am the later and although i love my sister i rather she had been a cousin

Only child! i want all the attention. Plus, being compared to your siblings sucks. cant compare me to what i dont have!

Younger sibling. Odds are your parents either gave up after the first and will give you a pretty loose leash, or you'll have your life planned out. Neither is terrible to me.

I've been all three. Oldest is best.

• Was the youngest when my mom remarried when I was younger, had three older stepbrothers.
  • When my younger sister and brother were born, I shared the middle with my slightly older step brother.
  • After they divorced, I became the oldest child in the house (being older then my now two younger sisters and brother).

Personally I prefer to be the youngest child, maybe because i've been that way and wouldn't trade my older siblings for the world. But I can say I am curious to see how it would be to deal with a younger sibling so maybe being an older sibling could also be pretty neat.

I'm an only child, but I would enjoy being an older sibling, as I am kind of the "mom" of my friend group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back