Other Would you rather be an older sibling, younger sibling, or only child?

Coming from a middle child, I really like being a middle child. I get to have an older protective, sibling. I also get to be an older protective sibling too, though. So, I just think I like being where I am.

~ Jayda x

Would have loved to give being the younger sibling a shot - Technically I am, but all my half brothers and my half sister are long out of the picture (like 20+ years older than me, so).

Have a little brother, though. Still feel like I've done a pretty lousy job but I wouldn't change the situation I'm in. To be honest, I'd quite like another little brother but that's never gonna' happen, haha.

im an only child, and i quite like being one tbh. i dont have to share anything ahaha.

if i had to give having siblings a try, though, i think i'd be okay with an older brother.

I grew up being the oldest of 8 children. After me (19 years old), Jonathan is about 18, Rebecca is 14, Ruth is 12, Rinna is 9, Ruby is 7, Jedediah is 5, and Josiah is 2. I had to care for them starting with Rebecca and suffered quite a bit being made "The Example" every time anyone did the tiniest thing wrong.

At the same time... I would not choose to be a younger child or only child. Nothing would have stopped my parents from being horrible people (other than possibly divine intervention). So... definitely staying with oldest sister.

Today, this Shireling runs free in her 4 inch heels, short, not very conservative hair, and black nail polish, drawing, RPing, and growing whatever she feels like. I wouldn't know what that was like if I were in one of my younger siblings' positions.

i am the middle child in reality out of 4 of us in total and its nice to have two who is 10+ older than me, them being a helpful hand, and having a younger brother (who is about to be a adult soon...they grow up so fast) i enjoyed the time when visiting...even if when he was younger it was KINDA annoying but still loved it XD

But you know what is the best thing beside being the middle child? when the whole gang just meets up and goes all as one to eat or whatever, just love it...Even do i WISH i was the oldest to have TOTAL DOMINANCE OVER MY SIBLINGS MUAHAHAHA!

well technically I'm an only child but I'm also the oldest of all the halves. sometimes it is nice to have younger siblings but sucks when you carry the weight of the family on your shoulders.

I'd rather be the oldest or a middle child. I'm currently the younger of two siblings and it sucks. My family's going through a financial crisis right now and my brother made off with a brand new car courtesy of my dad. Meanwhile I'm over here getting scolded if I ask for gas money...

I am younger than my only sister, and I wouldn't want to change it.

However, I wouldn't mind a younger sibling, if our age difference wasn't drastic.

i'm an only child and i'm grateful. one screw up is already too many, no need for more... and i never had anyone to fight with either. also, i'm never having kids, because despite not growing up around one i still managed to learn i dislike them through daycare and school.

I am younger than my only sister, and I wouldn't want to change it.

However, I wouldn't mind a younger sibling, if our age difference wasn't drastic.

I kind of learned how it feels to be a little sister because my best friend is bigger than me and treats me like one.

What is your ideal age difference, I wonder? My younger siblings range from 1 1/2 years younger than me to 17 years younger than me.

I'm definitely biased, but I am the only child and I'd rather be the only child than have any other siblings. Seems like a miserable way to live.

Tbh people have their own opinions. But rn, I have two brothers: one younger and one older. So I'm technically in the middle, which I'm thankful for. There are times when I wish I'm the only child, but I realized my siblings helped me grow, they were pushing me to my limits. My life's different because growing up my older brother isn't like what I wanted him to be: takes care of me, protects me, and defends me from bullies. But he became the opposite, and my younger brother too. I'm not a girly girl because I haven't really experienced playing with dolls and playing dress up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back