• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Winter Wizardry (Waterdeep: Dragon Heist)

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
It is hard to put words on what it feels like to be unconscious. It’s pretty similar to sleep except it isn’t voluntary and most of the time you can’t remember how you got there and what made you pass out. Arius feels that comfortable lull of unconsciousness sweep over him until gentle words drag him out of it just about as fast as the troll had knocked him out. He supposed that he was reaching that point where being cocky and reckless wasn’t appropriate, at least for his experience level. Oh, he remembers just about how reckless he had been when younger, a couple of scars left on his body to remind him of those times until the day he passed.

The words, however, almost feel like a caress as he comes back to it, back on his feet in little to no time. What would normally be a charming and dazzling smile twitches into more of an annoyed frown as he whispers under his breath, wiping at the blood in the corner of his lips, to an untrained ear celestial could sound beautiful no matter what was said.

No pleasantries leave his lips however, just bitter and vicious words directed at the large looming troll that had put his confident bravado to a quick stop moments prior.

He braces himself, trying to remain his balance after being knocked out as he whispers those enchanted words in a language he seldom uses these days. His hair, which would normally be tied back in a neat fashion falls forward, turned into a mess by the previous attack from the green fiend.

He takes a deep breath through his nose as he collects himself, his eyes casting a glance to the cleric that had seemingly pulled him out of the dark embrace that had enveloped him in his state of unconsciousness. ”Thank you, glorious stranger, for healing a man in need!” He calls out, the cheer in his tone returning.

Initiative Order
Arius: 21
Durnan: 17
Trolls: 13
Suorra: 8
Aeori: 5
Jalester: 5
The Troll goes absolutely ballistic. In a wild attempt to catch anyone and anyone in its ferocious and blind rage, it slams fists at its side, unable to catch anyone with the blows. It is panicking slightly, as you can all tell, and trying to make quick work of the bard in front of him. Arius, you retaliate as this happens, lifitng up to your feet and casting another spell. This creature's mind has been sufficiently messed with in the last 10 seconds.

Durnan continues to duel the Troll he is currently engaged with, swiping four more times in a final attempt to cut the beast down. He seems strong, determined, and in his prime.

The Troll you casted Dissonant Whispers on actually manages to resist the power of your words as they echo through it's mind, becoming more enraged towards you as it still takes 6 damage. This thing is becoming quite rough, but ready to strike.

With four more swift strikes, Durnan manages to fell the other foul beast, before quickly reacting by lifting it up and slumping it to his side. He rushes forward towards the injured one, seeing that this is becoming very much a problem, and moves just within melee range at uncanny speed, seeming to almost jump 20 feet with a single bound. The Troll sees him, and goes for a fist attack against him, while also slamming another into Jalester, and clamping its jaws down towards Arius.

The bard manages to evade the jaws of the beast, but both Durnan and Jalester take a heavy blow each to the chest as it flails recklessly.

Suorra
It's your turn. As you quickly run past the Troll, now seemingly flanked at 3 different sides, you can see it take some considerable damage as it becomes tired and battered. The slobber slams onto the messy floor below, and catches on some of Durnan's clothing. What would you like to do?

Mentioned
Konopine Konopine

Idea Idea

Last edited:
[class=pic] border-right:9px solid purple; width:9%; background-color:purple; display:inline-block; [/class] [class=top] border:9px solid purple; [/class] [class=name] text-align:center; display:inline-block; width:90%; [/class] [class=out] border-right:11px solid seagreen; border-left:11px solid seagreen; border-top:2px solid purple; [/class] [class=text] padding:1%; background-color:black; color:white; [/class] [class=image] float:right; width:32%; padding:1%; [/class]

[div class=top][div class=pic]
zhizhao-guan-dragon-in-the-tree-2-2-jpg.707729
[/div][div class=name]
Suorra

LvL 1 Dragon Hybrid Druid
..[/div][/div][div class=out][div class=text] I had almost reached the bard when I heard a rather familiar-sounding voice call out to him, appearantly a voice that thought now was the appropriate time to flirt. I wasn't sure why, but the voice sounded positively flamboyant, both in the tone and the content of their words. I turned my head to the side in an attempt to see who it might be, but the troll's big fat floppy body stood between me and whoever it might be. This was a little incovenient, but I guess I could put it off, more importantly the bard! Wait...

I reached him at last, still panting as the man rose from the spot he was previously laying unconscious, and like some kind of undead he rose from where he stood. His injures, previously hardly few or far between, had seemingly recovered. Now, I might not be the sharpest claw in the paw, but even I knew enough of magic to know a a certain someone had just gotten away ahead of me in what I was rushing to do here. I gnashed my teeth, hands twitching, as I was left to simply watch the bard speaking some words I didn't understand and then thanking this rando who had gotten in my way.

I shot a glare at the troll as the thing screeched and attacked seemingly without aim or reason, as if its previous behavior had been but a facade. Normally, I would have praised the creature: Acting by one's inctincts is, naturally, the natural thing to do. That applied to me as well, however, and what sort of friend would I be if I didn't want to hit it a couple of times after seeing it clawing at my new friend's chest?

Plus I had some other matters to vent as well.

I growled at the creature, the same sparks as before erupting across my arms and face. My skin seemed to bubble, opening pores from which fragments of scales increased, and the places where I had them before expanded. My claws grew larger and thicker, the joints that made them like fingers became more stiff, thus more resembling their draconic origin. My jaws seemed to extend ever so slightly forward, and my teeth more pronounded. Just as my pupils became slintled, I propelled myself upwards with a jump and a flap of my wings, a small tail now popping from under my dress.

As it was the closest to me (I was pretty much right next to the bard but moments prior after all) I fell on the back of the creature's head, which I kicked to jump forward to their back, which I thoroughly slashed with one hand's claws and while another stabbed into the back to keep me hanging there, then I bit them around the waste. It was a troll of course it tasted disgusting, that blood in my mouth was like sewer water- probably because the skin had actually been in some kind of sewer. Despite disgust clearly showing in my face, right now my rage took precedence.[/div]
[/div]

Interactions: findinmyself findinmyself (Troll)
Mentions: findinmyself findinmyself (Jalester) Konopine Konopine Hella Downweather Hella Downweather
May Also Want to Read: N/A

Second dice roll in "primal savagery" is to be ignored, it was accidental.

Modifier in damage is to be ignored. Damage is equal to four.

Last edited:
He was at the peak of the adventure life. Everyone was looking at him, the troll moaned in pain, and all that with only a flick of a finger. Was it how Tymora felt when she first ascended? Being able to heal and harm on a whim, only using her judgement to inflict what she deemed just on other. Ahhhh it was exhilarating.

Sure, everyone else seemed to have way more experience than him...but that could be earned with time. He was still so young after all, surely in a few years he would be as competent as Durnan or the man with the scars.

The human bard seems to be pretty happy from being healed obviously, and his words of thanks boost a bit the little elf, thrilled to be of service. Maybe he could heal him again...but then he had to run the risk of having his spells depleted for the day...Something he didn’t really want.

But as a young...dragon girl? Mutant person? Lizard person? Jumped on the troll to claw and bite, Nori couldn’t help but be impressed by the dedication others had in this fight. Was that true heroism? Well...he couldn’t let himself be carried by others now, couldn’t he ? Drawing his light crossbow, he aimed at the creature’s head, still on the high of the bard’s thanks. It wasn't enough however, and he missed by only a hair. Cursing in elvish, the boy cast again Toll the Dead, pointing with his weapon still in hand.

(Player’s note, since Nori does not wear his shield right now, his AC drops at 12...plz don’t kill him - Also...plz ignore the 2nd 20 faced die)

As the Troll takes the brunt of the blows, it looks like it becomes staggered and begins swaying from side to side. It shakes its head, as it clutches onto its wounds. They begin to seal up, but the bell rings out once again as it tries to cling onto whatever semblance of life it has left. It flails wildly towards anyone nearby, but fails, as the clawed hands jam into the floorboards of the tavern. Splinters fly out everywhere, catching into everyone's clothing and occasionally sticking into skin. This creature has gone chaotic, and is trying to scrape at whatever life it has next.

With a total of 1 on the Wisdom save, the bell rings out in the tavern as the troll reels back in searing pain, clutching desperately to its ruined ears to try and stop the arcane sound echoing in its mind. A guttural scream erupts from the now gaping maw, the teeth jagged and crude. It sprays the distant wall with a coating of saliva, and blood gorges from it.

Clutching his makeshift blade in both hands, the now slightly terrified Jalester sees an opening and strikes twice, hitting true with them both. As these last slashing blows cut across the thick skin of the beast, the first cutting across the back, it turns around, teeth bared, as the decent fighter cuts deep into the huge mouth, the blade entering and leaving swiftly. As the Troll takes this last blow, it slams heavily onto the side of the pit, almost looking like it'll tilt over, before it finally does, falling deep and down into the vast well, one last crushing slam onto the floor of whatever is down there.

As the crowd settles and the people stand waiting for command, they stick to the walls. Jalester begins wheezing heavily, putting his sword on the floor and clutching his chest. Perhaps his adventuring days were over much longer ago. Durnan, however, is still very much alive, more alive than Nori first initially saw him as. He brushes his huge greatsword down, erasing the bloody marks from it as they splatter onto his own floor, not caring much for it. As he finishes, he simply returns to the bar, putting his sword back below as if almost nothing happened. Turning to address you all, he nods, and scratches his mutton chops. "You all fought well." He says quite plainly, before looking towards the still timid crowd. "Get back to it folks.". And with one quick sentence, the entire tavern becomes the same as it just was, the patrons mostly seeming unaffected after this despite being petrified just moments earlier. Jalester picks his sword back up, holding it awkwardly as he looks it up and down. Threestrings, the bard who had just fled, walks over to you Arius, and pats you on the back.
"I was not aware you could survive the strike of such a beast so deadly!" He laughs, looking down hesitantly to the ground as he kicks the blood around with his boot a little.

Mentioned
Konopine Konopine

Idea Idea

Hella Downweather Hella Downweather

Last edited:
[class=pic] border-right:9px solid purple; width:9%; background-color:purple; display:inline-block; [/class] [class=top] border:9px solid purple; [/class] [class=name] text-align:center; display:inline-block; width:90%; [/class] [class=out] border-right:11px solid seagreen; border-left:11px solid seagreen; border-top:2px solid purple; [/class] [class=text] padding:1%; background-color:black; color:white; [/class] [class=image] float:right; width:32%; padding:1%; [/class]

[div class=top][div class=pic]
zhizhao-guan-dragon-in-the-tree-2-2-jpg.707729
[/div][div class=name]
Suorra

LvL 1 Dragon Hybrid Druid
..[/div][/div][div class=out][div class=text] Holding its head and protesting, the creature was at last brought down. I lept off it as it was finished off, the lingering embers of my spell dissipating as the claws, fangs and scales returned to their original form. They weren't entirely absent still, which had earned me more than a couple glances in the past, but how other people looked at me was less important to me than the one I was looking at right now: My new friend with his sword down and making a pained expression as he held his own collar and pressed on it. I rushed to him in a combination of running on two and four "legs".

"Hey, hey, are you okay?" My eyes scoured his every inch as I thrusted my face all around him. My eyebrows were fully raised, my mouth forgot to fully close, so it might be exuding the stentch of that awful creature I had bit into. Then again, perhaps the whole room smelled like that. I then recalled how he appeared to be inspecting his weapon a moment prior. "Is everything okay with your sword too? You didn't break it did you?"

I pulled back a moment. The crowd around us seemed to be getting back into their position, like archers forming ranks after a volley of arrows was rained down upon intruders, but more casually.

"Does...this...happen often?" And can you really handle it?, I would have liked to add, but he might think it an insult if I asked. Right now, I didn't want him to get worked up. The carcass smell continued to invade my nose, but before I could cover it, a different smell was already mixed in with it, a smell like charcoal or of a true thunderstorm. Painful to the nostrils for an entirely different reason than just smelling bad.

Oh, that's right.

"FIRE!" I shouted, pointing towards the growing flame that my attack had caused when I missed the troll. That fur once hang on the wall was increasingly ablaze, and might fall at any moment. I needed water, water of some kind, so without thinking I simply grabbed the first glass with any liquid at hand and threw it at the flaming former decorative pelt.

[/div]
[/div]

Interactions: findinmyself findinmyself (Jalester)
Mentions: findinmyself findinmyself (Troll) Konopine Konopine Hella Downweather Hella Downweather
May Also Want to Read: N/A

Users who are viewing this thread

Back