• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Edric Blight

HE SHOOTS! HE SCOOOOORES!
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hi there! I’m Edric Blight on RPNation but you can just call me sumdog if you’d like. This is a reboot of one of my older 1x1 searches! I’m on winter break for a bit so I will be able to RP a bit more now! I’m on the hunt for a casual little simple slice of life MxM, OC x OC Harry Potter roleplay! I’m absolutely craving something set in the HP universe! I have also added one canon pairing that you can scroll down below to see! (:

-

First off, here’s what I'm looking for in terms of the RP: I'm hoping to start a nice simple and preferably long term Harry Potter roleplay with someone using OCs. I love a good casual setting with some slice of life elements, but if you do have ideas on how to add some drama and action you can certainly let me know once we start talking if this interests you in any way!

To clarify this is strictly an OC x OC post (with the exception of one canon pairing) and I would prefer to do M x M although if you REALLY want to do M x F, I can do that too. I don't mind what era we have it take place in but I particularly enjoy either the Golden Trio era or a "next gen" type era (meaning early 2000's or even the 2010/20's). Also, this roleplay can be either a platonic or romantic relationship between our OCs. Just let me know what you want- I'm down for either type.

Hopefully that all makes sense. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me! (:

-

What I'm looking for out of you:

-Please don't ghost. Or at least try your very best not to. This is my biggest rule. I hope we can actually start our RP instead of just discussing it and having it go nowhere. I get it, life happens, and I promise I'm very understanding. While I won't "come after you" if you do ghost, I just request that if you are the kind that knows they tend to ghost often, please try not to respond to this interest check unless you know you can commit to this simple RP. It's just the worst when we spend so much time plotting and I type up the starter and you magically disappear. I don't want to invest myself in a roleplay that will never happen. That being said, if at any time you do get tired of our RP or lose your muse, LET ME KNOW. I promise you I won't be mad. I'd rather you tell me you want to end the RP than just abandoning me without saying anything. Just try to be courteous and keep me in mind, and I shall do the same for you. (: Remember, this is supposed to be a fun hobby, not a chore or a job.

-Enjoy OOC! This is personally a big one for me. I LOVE to make friends with my partner and make some OOC chatter. I just adore gushing over our characters and plots and would love if my partner was also a fan of OOC interactions with their partner. I'm sorry but if you're just a dry person, it's going to be a little awkward for me if I'm the only friendly or enthusiastic person when it comes to our story.

-No one liners and preferably multi paragraph posts. This one is self explanatory. I will not roleplay with someone who puts in minimal effort and gives me one liners. Along those same lines, please try to give me 2-3 or more paragraphs for each post. This is a general rule and I won't rage at you if you send me a paragraph response every now and then but I do ask that we please kind of try to match our reply lengths if possible. Starter posts typically are much longer so I am hoping for a rather long starter as opposed to just a paragraph to kick us off. I usually tend to start the RP but I don't mind letting you start it, but if you do please try to give me something to work with.

-Be fluent in the language of English and have basic grammatical skills. This one speaks for itself. I want to be able to read what you are saying. If I can't understand it and it isn't written in proper English, then chances are I'm going to struggle with reading and comprehending your posts. Also please try to use proper English in the IC (in character) thread. I don't mind if you use casual texting slang and words in OOC as I tend to do, but try to keep it "professional" in IC if that makes sense.

-PLEASE, no minors! I am NOT looking to write with anyone age 17 or below. This one is non-negotiable. As I am 18+ in age myself, I really just don't feel comfortable roleplaying with minors. DO NOT contact me if you are a minor. Nothing against minors who RP, I just don't feel I should be talking with, potentially befriending, and even potentially playing out a romance with a below 18 writer. That does not mean though that I won't roleplay as minors (as HP OCs tend to be anywhere from ages 11-17). Sorry if this rule seems harsh but please respect my boundaries. :3

-Use realistic faceclaims only please. This one is actually a pretty huge one for me. I will not use cartoon, anime, or drawn face claims. I prefer that you have a realistic one in mind for your OC, meaning an image of an actual real live person such as an actor or actress. Just as long as they are real, I'll accept it. Thanks.

-No controlling my character. I will not control the actions of your character and I think this one is just general RP etiquette.

-I don't require character sheets at all. However all I ask if that you have some basic information about your character including but not limited to: their realistic face claim, their name and last name, their Hogwarts house, potentially their age (if we have discussed beforehand what year at Hogwarts we are starting our OCs off at), and anything else you feel you might want to add. But don't worry- I do not expect a big long and fleshed-out character sheet from ya.

-If have read this far, please tell me your favorite color so that I know you've at least read or somewhat skimmed through most of this post. Mine is blue. (:

-

Some possible OC pairings (the bold being who I would play):

-Gryffindor x Slytherin
-Slytherin x Gryffindor
-Slytherin x Hufflepuff
-Gryffindor x Ravenclaw
-Slytherin x Ravenclaw
-Gryffindor x Hufflepuff

-

NEW!- HP Canon Pairing (Marauder’s Era):

-Young Remus Lupin (school aged) x Young Sirius Black (school aged)

-

Thanks a lot for reading! Direct message me or leave a comment down below if you’re interested! (:

-Ed

I'd be down to rep a Ravenclaw boy if you're still looking.

Hey,if you are still looking,im down to do a HP rp with you! :))

Bump! Gonna be able to RP a lot for the next two weeks! Should be free!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back