• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Winding Oaks' Equestrian College

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Paisley Halt
Paisley hadn’t been having the best of time since their rival school arrived at Winding Oaks, she’d actually been spending a lot of her time on her own complaining about one girl in particular. The young French women was currently making her way down from her dorm down to the barn, it took her longer than usual and she wasn’t in her riding gear, just a pair of grey sweats, a white crop top and one of Alec’s jumpers she’d stolen. The young women headed off to see Max but she was going to stop off and see Echo first, she was about to turn into the barn when she spotted a young women stroking a rather pissed off looking Echo and Alec speaking to her. Paisley rolled her eyes abandoning the idea to see Echo as she headed off to see Max and perhaps go for a walk with him.

Normally at this time Paisley would be ready to get riding, she’d be wanting to show off her skills to these new students but after a few doctors appointments, x-rays and a abundance of pain medication Paisley had been banned from riding by both her doctor and Suzy until her injured hip showed signs of improving. Paisley was throughly annoyed about the whole situation but was mostly lonely, the majority of her friends were gone all day while she was up in her room watching Netflix or doing college work even her exercise had been limited to an hour a day by Suzy to try and keep her off her feet as much as possible. Now to top it of all things Paisley had found out from Suzy about a girl called Ryujin who liked Alec, the young women just felt so isolated and she was even considering going home and waiting to continue her studies until her hip was fully healed. She just felt like she was in limbo.

“You know how to make me feel better don’t you.” Paisley spoke in French to Max as he knickers at her and pressed his nose into her shoulder. “You big softie.” She told him with a smile. “I don’t think we’ll be able to go for a walk today, I’m quite sore today.” Paisley says stroking her tall horses mane. “I’ll just sit with you instead okay.” Paisley said entering the stable and taking a seat on the fresh bedding one of the stable hands had put down for Max. Her tall horse leant his head down to her and Paisley traced the white star on his forehead “We’ll be able to go riding soon, I promise.” She whispered to him before resting her head on the back of the stable, she just watched Max daudle in his stable but the sweet horse checked on her every few minutes.

mentions: Alec, Ryujin ( Ch3rryBlossom28 Ch3rryBlossom28 )

Chess Platt (Visiting pupil)

Chess had been first off the bus. Unlike many of his college colleagues, he had no groom to look after his mare for him, and certainly no f****** private car or f****** chauffeur to drive him around. F*** knew how well Zaza would have travelled, and someone had probably f****** ‘misplaced’ her rugs and s***, f****** w******s thought it was fun to try to get a reaction out of him. F*** the lot of them, he was better than any of them, and so was Zaza. They were better than that, they just didn’t always f****** remember it.

He was so used to the reactions his much-tattooed-and-pierced appearance tended to garner that he barely noticed the way other students glanced, did a double-take and then shied away, giving him a clear path. His clothes marked him out as ‘not one of Us and therefore possibly dangerous’ as well, he knew, the rips in his jeans from f****** use, the work-boots building-site cast-offs from the only older brother worth talking to, and the shirt one that he f****** earned. He managed to get directions from one of the few Winding Oaks pupils who dared stop long enough to actually f****** talk, then headed straight for the stables where the visiting horses were being kept.

To his relief, Zaza looked settled and happy. The transporters had left her bedded deeply on fresh straw, with a bucket of water and a full haynet. Chess leaned over her door, and made a fuss of her as she ambled across to him and wuffled at his hair and shoulders. “Who’s my girl then? Who’s the best? Who’s f****** awesome, eh?” he crooned to her gently, his fingertips unerringly finding the spots she liked to have scratched. He slipped in through the door, and spent several minutes running his hands carefully across every last inch of her, searching for any sign of damage sustained from the journey. Only once he was convinced that she was happy and perfectly healthy did he let himself back out, and turn his mind fully towards other matters.

Matters like, what the f*** had the f****** b******s done with his horse’s stuff?

Leo Fairchild
Leo groaned out in frustration before laying his head on the pile of papers in front of him. The one thing he hated was paperwork, Why couldn't he just teach the riding portion of classes? Nope. Apparently that wasn't allowed for Suzy had 'high expectations' of him. Sure he enjoyed teaching and for the most part liked his students, but making the course work was another thing coming. It was why he always made sure to have a buddy with him (one that wasn't said student or the Headmistress herself). Usually the productiveness of someone else made him more productive.

After a few minutes, his mind reached to the conclusion that maybe he should just go ride Bubba or one of his clients' horses. He lifted his head and looked at the woman in front of him. She was an amazing rider in her own right and he gave her prop traveling so far just to pursue her career, but he didn't know why she taught such hard classes. "Chiyo, how do you do it. How do you teach so many kids?"
Quiddles Quiddles

Devin Murphy​

Trick was a naughty pony, but he had never had any interest in eating Devin's paints before, so he hadn't even considered it as an issue. Puzzle was clearly more invested in putting things in his mouth and parading around with them.

"Puzzle! Come back here, you goblin, those aren't for eating," Devin said, watching the chunky paint parade around, dribbling oils out like streamers. He set his palette down and then looked at Trick.

"Did you know you've spoiled me? I thought you were the worst it got," he said, pulling a handful of treats from his pocket. "Puzzle! You won't get cookies over there," he called, and offered one to Trick, who took the proffered treat with smug daintiness.

Chiyo Ichikawa
Chiyo became aware that someone was talking to her. She mentally replayed the words as she looked up, almost startled to see Leo opposite her, so absorbed had she been in her work. A faint smile quirked her lips. "By not having a life?" she suggested, sounding amused. She shook her head slightly in sympathy, frustration being something that every teacher suffers at some point. "Why. That is the important question. Everything else, it follows why."

She looks past Leo, as though seeing something else beyond him. "There was a little girl who loved ponies. Every day she was not at school she would ride her bicycle for ten miles to be with them. All she wanted was to ride, but her parents were too poor to pay for lessons. Tokunaga Izanagi owned the stable. He was kind to her. He told her she could pay for her lessons by helping to care for the ponies." Chiyo focused back on Leo. "She found out, many years later, that the work of one little girl, who had not very much time when she was not at school, was not nearly enough to pay for all the lessons that Tokunaga-sensei gave her. I am Ichikawa-sensei because Tokunaga-sensei was very kind to a small girl who loved ponies. Now I... what is the phrase? I pay it forward." She looks down and chews at her lip a little, suddenly shy at having spoken so much. "That is my 'why'. I wish my pupils to become people who will inspire others with their knowledge and skill, as Tokunaga-sensei inspired me. Now... ah... unless you wish to tell me your why, did you perhaps want to check each other's lesson plans, to see if we can make suggestions to each other?"

Ch3rryBlossom28 Ch3rryBlossom28 (Chiyo goes all wordy there, most unlike her, at least outside of lessons)

Puzzle

Puzzle stood four-square (it would be a beautiful halt for a dressage test) and blew through his nose, ears flicking. He gave another thoughtful little chew, the paints still gripped only by his front teeth. Fortunately, something about the tubes- the texture, perhaps, or the taste- seemed to be stopping him from treating them like carrots and eating them. The treats were a trap, of course, any bundle of mischief in equine form learned to spot those very quickly. The only question was whether the bait in the trap was worth ending the fun for.

The gelding's nostrils flared, investigating the quality of the offered treats by scent. Trick seemed to be teasing him with those scrunching jaws. Canting his ears suspiciously, the cob came forward, keeping Trick between himself and Devin. Then he stree-eee-etched his neck towards the young man, trying to get at the treats without exposing too much of himself. The tubes of paint continued to dribble their contents, now tracking Crimson Lake and Cobalt Blue right the way across Trick's back and up into his mane.

wickedlittlecritta wickedlittlecritta

Devin Murphy​

Devin offered a treat to Puzzle, and lazily reached up as if to scratch Trick's neck with his other hand before snatching a fistful of Puzzle's mane.

"You're a criminal," he scolded the pony, fishing tubes of paint from his mouth. "An absolute scoundrel. These are toxic, dummy." Devin kneed Trick gently in the chest to make the smaller pony back out from under Puzzle so that he could more easily maneuver himself to stick his finger's in Puzzle's mouth and make sure the stocky cob had not gotten any in his mouth. "You're already painted. Hasn't anyone told you?"

Satisfied that Puzzle had not eaten any paint, and with the stolen tubes safely in hand, Devin let him go. "I'll never paint in peace again. Are you happy now?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back