• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Will you be my Partner?

InspiredInk

Writing is Life
Hello Prospective Writing Partners! I'm Inspired Ink.

I've been Roleplay Writing for about 20 years now and have experience playing a wide assortment of characters in varied settings and plots. I'm also a prospective Author, working on my own book series. (Why is book writing so much harder than Roleplay writing?) I consider myself Casual to Semi-Advanced when it comes to the way I roleplay. I care about quality and grammar. I never give one-liners and always seek to write at least two paragraphs even in conversations, though I usually write much more.

I'm also a Gamer and total Nerd! I love video games that have fantastic stories such as Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Final Fantasy, Detroit Becoming Human, etc. I love Star Wars lore but the movies did not do it justice. (Don't get me on a rant about Disney's rendition. Those movies don't exist.) Books like Lord of the Rings, Count of Monte Cristo, and the Stormlight Archive inspire me! They were all so well written! Well, I could go on all day about things I love but let's get to the important things here.

Please take a minute to read through my Preferences, Boundaries and Misc. Info. I feel these things help to filter and fit one with the closest partner in writing style, avoiding a lot of wasted creative time and the need to separate after only a few posts. When you Pm me, please tell me on which points we differ.

• Fun, upbeat roleplays that have just enough dark moments for good character and plot development but isn't overly heavy or a horror/psychological thriller. I do like occasionally torturing my characters and touching upon dark themes without making it the core of a story.
  • I LOVE Fantasy, Medieval, Sci-Fi, anything with Fantasy Magic and Super Heroes, Fandom settings with AU characters and plot, and the potential for Romance.
  • I enjoy Post-Apoctalyptic with an interesting plot, and I can be convinced to do a Modern setting should an interesting enough story idea be presented.
  • The only fandom universes I'm really willing to role play in are Mass Effect Universe and Dragon Age Universe. And even then it has to be with Original Characters.
  • I am willing to try almost any setting and pairing within the scope of my personal boundaries so don't be afraid to poke me with a Story Hook. I'll discuss it with you or let you know if I'm not interested and potentially suggest a near alternative.
  • I only Roleplay MxF romantic relationships due to that being what I know and am comfortable realistically roleplaying. While I prefer to main a female role I don't mind Doubling either gender.
  • No Horror or overly Dark themed Rp's. Not a huge fan of drug use, sexual content, mental disorders, etc. Plots that include alot of this will not appeal to me.
  • I only RP in 3rd Person and prefer my writing partner to do the same.
  • I'm totally fine Doubling and / or writing flavor NPCS.
  • I enjoy worldbuilding with those who put in equal effort both in story and world development.
  • I highly value realism and realistic consequences (Both Good and Bad). This includes realistic development of relationships, realistic reactions to character actions and things that happen within the story.
  • I currently do not work so I have lots of free time and will often respond multiple times a day! I don't expect you to respond as often. Once a day, or every other day is fine. That said I will quickly lose interest in an RP that consistently has two or more days in between posts.
  • COMMUNICATION! I love communicating with my partners and ask them to communicate with me. I will not be offended if something in my writing style is bothering you so. Just tell me so it doesn't become a problem that costs the partnership. I will communicate as well.
  • I will NOT GHOST you, and while I am easy ghosting about being ghosted, please don't ghost me. If we don't fit for some reason, or if the story is no longer interesting and you want to move on, that's fine. It happens. I won't be offended. Just let me know and we'll go our separate ways with no hard feelings. Otherwise I'll just trash an Rp or conversation that has not been responded to within a week.

Story Hooks

The inspiration for this is both the original and the Sci Fi 'Swiss Family Robinson' story. The setting for this can be either be medieval with pirates or a futuristic space ship on a strange planet, though I'm leaning towards wanting a more Sci-Fi version of this. The concept is basically two individuals (preferably MC a Female and YC a male but not absolutely necessary) who get stranded on a strange island / planet and have to survive long enough to find a way to escape. We could also make it that a crew, rather than just two people survived and double up characters.

We would take turns throwing different obstacles in our character's paths to build the story and work together to decide what sort of secrets there will be available for them to discover on the island / planet or what happens when they escape.
Right off the top I'm going to say that this is NOT intended to be a kinky Master / Slave Rp so go away if that's what you're looking for. The inspiration for this comes from the Book: Count of Monte Christo whose heart was softened in part by one of his slaves whom he eventually fell in love with. Similarly, Beauty and the Beast but less disney like. The setting could really be any time period. Unlike most my Rp's, I'd like this one to have more of a focus on a slow-burn romance.

The Story Hook is this. My MC is a Servant or Slave who joins the household of your MC whether as a simple household servant or to take on an important role in the household. Potentially, the house is going through a difficult time right now, perhaps due to political intrigue, assassination's attempts, money troubles, illness, criminal associations or any other number of things which force our two characters to work together to resolve and causes a bond to form between them.

MISC PARINGS

Welcome to my Misc. Pairings. I have no plot for these so if you see one that interests you, please propose your story hook idea when you PM me. An * means my preferred role or character. None of these pairings HAVE to be romantic. In fact some won't be due to their nature.

Dragon X Rider (Platonic)
*Mage X Hero / King / Important Individual
Protector X *Protected
Rescuer X *Rescued
Anime Style Slice of Life Boy X *Girl
Sentient Robot X Creator / Owner
Human / Elf X Fey / Supernatural Being / Bonded Creature
Protective Parent-like figure X *Child / young adult (Platonic)

Have any questions or plot ideas beyond that which I listed above? Send me a Pm! Look forward to hearing from you.
~InspiredInk

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back