Other Why did you pick your name?

My name was from a younger me and it just stuck with me.

The origins of the name is quite simple. When I was younger I used to play a lot of strategy games, one of them being Age of empires 2. When I was playing the game I thought it would be cool to call myself Firehazard because I was well.. a Hazard and I burned stuff down.

So yeah, That's the origin of name.

A windsock is an outdated piece of aviation equipment designed to facilitate easy access to information pertaining to wind speed and strength through a basic visual analysis. By using a specially designed fabric with a repeating pattern and a hole through it for the wind to then exit out of, the windsock will point in the direction the wind is traveling in and give a rough indicator of the strength of the wind.

Each repeated pattern, usually white and orange ringed areas, individually represents a certain speed in knots (nautical miles) in the windsock's operating direction. The average windsock is made to read speeds of up to 15 knots, when fully extended, and each ring when extended represents roughly 3 knots of windspeed in the operating direction.

i was eating kimchi one day with my girlfriend at a new restaurant that had opened and my girlfriend said 'honey, do you like it', and i got all flustered and stuff, so then later i made a twitter and i was like 'well what do i use as an username' and i remembered and i was like 'oh honeykimchi' and now thats my signature username.

I typically just take two random words and fuse them together, switching words or orders or whatever until I get something original. Silver and foxes are part of a rather wide-ranging list of words I typically use for usernames.

42 is obvious. ;)
Kazami was a name of an alien emperor of the Otaru Empire on another site, as well as Kaz being their own element prior.
In a early 1900s RP I played a German soldier that somehow ended up nicknamed as Kaz. He is notable for five things:

He was as determined as he was stubborn. He got demoted once for refusing to kill civilians by the orders of a lousy commander.
That demotion lasted a year because he also killed that Commander in a joint fragging incident.
He ended up being issued a lousy submachine gun and became part of an assault unit, that often captured objectives by pure luck.
He smited five men in a trench with a shovel, after he ran out of ammo and grenades on another seven. Three were killed by using weapons taken from dead and wounded troops. Our reinforcements came a bit late and he ended up getting shot. He is known for repeated "over zealous" use of the word smite.
He lived long enough to have a family, see a memorial of his entire unit sculpted in his hometown, and then died by lead poisoning and asbestosis. This caused the country to find alternatives, and was uniformly called "Kaz toxicity" and "Kazeosis".

I am officially toxic. Yar har and a fiddle de dee, it is a pirate's life for me.

I use different versions of a similar name on all the sites I’m on, but they all have the same version.
I came up with the username five years ago, when I started playing Undertale. The first part, “Comet” comes from my adoration of stars and celestial bodies. I love them so much, so the first part is a tribute to that.
The Undertale part is a lot more relevant because the last part is “Blast”. As many of you may know, on of Sans’ attacks, is where a weird skull thing blasts a beam of light at you, and they’re called Blasters. So, I put that attack at the end of my username and thus - Comet_Blast was created!

Because I felt it time for a trial run with a new name and just watched the series Toast of London on Netflix not long before. (A great find btw for a series to unexpectedly get hooked on)

Between the series and it’s main character along with the sighting of a Ray purchase on here. I knew the choice of Steven Toast and the matching avatar was the right move.

the birth of venus by william-adolphe bougureau is my favorite painting! and i'm an artist so. it works

Back in Minecraft Beta 1.8 I came up with an Idea for a unique group of people known as the Explorers of Infinity. That eventually became the idea that was the Explorer's Foundation a company I would personally fund myself and pay people to explore the entirety of the Earth, Ocean Included, as well as Space. Unfortunately, I'm not as rich as It takes to do that kind of thing, still would love to do that though. Might make the Explorer's Foundation into a Webcomic Series though.

Cori-WAY back in fourth grade, I was being bullied by a guy named Cory. I hated this guy. A lot. When I switched schools in seventh grade and made a fresh start, I started using 'Cori' as my name to signify to myself I'd moved past that bullshit. The 'Chan' is just the fact I'm weeb garbage-

It's partially the title of one of my favorite classic rock songs as well as an association with one of my favorite shows growing up, Supernatural.

My real name means "beauty"... And I share that name with my mother... So, when I was naming characters and started with my first one I kinda found out (I could be wrong, but I don't think so...?) that Minako means "child of beauty" which was a perfect substitute instead of using my real name!

I liked it so much one of my signature characters "Japanese version" of their name is Minako! (You know, like how Sailor Moon's Usagi has her English name be Serena, and instead of Chibiusa [Chibi- Usagi] her name is Rini, which means "small rabbit"... also as a side note I DIDN'T take it from Sailor Moons own Minako because for the longest time... I thought her name was NINA! 😱It wasn't until a year or so after I dubbed my character Minako that I found out Sailor V's true name was the same! HA! 🤣 )

Last edited:
Eventually I got tired of using a super-weeb nickname on all my sites, so I joined a new one with the username "CrayonsToChaos" in about 2013. It's from an Eminem track where he says the line "from crayons to chaos" and I thought that was a cool phrase because a) I am artist and b) I like chaos (when I'm not enforcing rules and obeying the law, obvs.) and I liked the theme of creating subversive stuff through drawing. And then because it was long, I was generally called Crayons by everyone or signed my name as Crayons, I just signed up here with "Crayons".

I used to get badly bullied at school when I was younger and was always called a 'freak'. I started to use it as a compliment and since my name is Sammy, I came up with the name 'freakishsammy'

I just replaced the bat in the term "Bat outta hell" with "crow". The first reason is that I like crows, and the second reason is that it was the animal associated with the last name of one of my earliest characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back