Other Why did you pick your name?

Middle school was the age of choosing usernames for me. I felt super witty for this one. Get it? Ravenclaw + awesome? Haha...

A nickname an old boyfriend gave me before he ran away. I miss him.

ThrashMetallix became my tag around 2011, replacing my old SamuraiMaster tag, which I kinda just chose because I loved Samurai a lot and whatnot.

ThrashMetallix entered play when I began to really like Metal music a lot, but originally, I was just gonna try and call myself Metallix (pronounced Meta-lix). However, that was not really available too much, and I very much despise random digits in a username with no context, so I added Thrash as a bit of an homage to my favorite metal sub genre. I got the name Metallix from a few inspirations. One was the Megadeth/Metallica song “Mechanix”, and the other was a local radio station in town at one point had a late night show known as Metalix, which played a lot of not-so-radio-friendly metal music. I inevitably took a liking to the name, and gave it to myself in this form.

Ironically, my love of metal music has since kinda died down, and isn’t nearly as big as it was when I was in High School, but the name has just kinda stuck with me.

I picked my name because I really love birds and because ever since I played Yume Nikki many years ago I have been very interested in dreams and what they could mean. I also have a daydreaming problem so giving me a dream like title just seems fitting.

Back when I was in highschool, I had a hotmail account called x___cut.up.angels that got hacked into. So, I had to make a brand new account. At the time, I was really into a song called "Minstrel's Prayer" by Cartel and the chorus goes like this:

Shelter me oh genius words
Just give me strength
To pen these things
Give me peace to weld her wings

I thought it would be cool to go with 'weldherwings' cause it was like the opposite of what i had before. And before I knew it, I was using weldherwings for everything!

I just wanted a name that would be related to a certain fandom but not directly, as in I didn't want to use a character name or something too specific.
So I decided to use the 'profession' of my favorite character XD And no one can tell which exactly fandom I was referring to, because this term is used in many many areas.
Now there is even a popular mobile game with that name lol and people asked me about it but no, it wasn't the one I had in mind when I picked the name XD

Hephaestus, a god of forging, mixed with malevolence.

Malphaestus: an evil god of wordsmithy.

Note: I was 8 years old when I thought of this

"Hmm..... I need to choose a username for my Roblox* account huh? Well, my name is Afrodite and I like puppies, let's combine these!"

I've been using this stupid username for over 4 years now..... No regrets xD Some of my irl friends actually only call me Afropuppy now and at this point I'm used to hearing "HEY AFROPUPPY! I haven't seen you since last month!" from across the street while walking to school

*Yes, it was actually for Roblox, I am not joking

So, I was in the shower one day, having found RPN and wanting to join. I wanted a cool-sounding name, which to me would pretty much be "a name with a single word", and I wanted that name to convey what kind of person I was and what my ultimate goals were. When the name "Idea" crossed my mind, I nearly jumped off the shower as I hurried to write it down before I forgot it. XD

I am back at picking usernames. So I thought, 'RoleplayGirl' or 'RoleplayGal' and I was like what will people call me though? 'girl?' 'gal?' Nah, so I was gonna go Buddy but that sounded like a dogs name. Ended up with RP-Missy

I sign my name with (V) <- how creative!

'Saya' is a random, anime name I latched on to during my 'Otaku' phase in high school. Common, easy to spell and not complicated to pronounce. Six is my birthday.

SC was from my old username until I realized it did not mean what I thought it meant when spelled in full. So I ditched it. XD

Pfft. Had to come up with a username on the spot for my very first MC account back in the old days. I desperately wanted to save my unfinished world but needed an account.

Someone was playing Mario party in the bg, I heard Daisy say something onscreen, and smol, dumb me decided to shout out "daisy" even though that was literally my least favourite character.

The name was taken, so we finagled with it, as you do.

Now I don't mind it as much. Over my time on RpN - basically my first and only social media - I've grown attached to it and it has a completely new meaning to me, complete with its own persona. Folks call me Daisie quite a bit now, it's just life.

Pfft. Had to come up with a username on the spot for my very first MC account back in the old days. I desperately wanted to save my unfinished world but needed an account.

Someone was playing Mario party in the bg, I heard Daisy say something onscreen, and smol, dumb me decided to shout out "daisy" even though that was literally my least favourite character.

The name was taken, so we finagled with it, as you do.

Now I don't mind it as much. Over my time on RpN - basically my first and only social media - I've grown attached to it and it has a completely new meaning to me, complete with its own persona. Folks call me Daisie quite a bit now, it's just life.
My first ever MC username was Lilly even though my name isn't Lily xD (It was pocket edition at the time when you didn't need to have an account to have a username)

My name is Charlie. I wanted to use the name "Charlie", but the site said it was taken, so I added a "Miss" in the front. I swear I do have some creativity, I promise!!!!!

I usually name myself after one of my characters like Casius, Sarovoc, Hayvian, Kierkess, Lucavi. They've been the go-to usernames even for game characters/handles.

But my main forum handle, prior to switching to my real name, was LocoMofo. This was my Xbox handle until someone reported it (I assume) and I had to change it to LocoChoco85.

LocoMofo came from funny wordplay, and as youth I was very much a crazy bastard, which is more or less what a loco mofo is.

I really don't have any good or interesting stories behind usernames other than the character ones, none of which I have used here.

A nickname I had for a good friend a while ago was "The Real Emergency Pikachu." I combined that with Runey, a reference to my favorite video game of all time (Rune Factory 4), and got The Real Runey. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back