Other Why did you choose your avatar?

I picked my avatar because he looked really cool and matched my username.

I felt like a change was due for me after using the previous username Saru for years in some form. It’s a shortened version people used instead of the fuller version of my original username that began elsewhere and led to me starting here with it.

After awhile I decided upon a favored character from a bbc series I found on Netflix and started watching this past two years. So went themed, changed my avatar to match the new name.

the driver era is one of my favorite bands, and i've loved ross lynch ever since i saw him on austin and ally back when he was on disney. i change my icon a lot though, so it might be changed soon. who knows.

I am thoroughly into history, alt histories, fantastical to dieselpunk elements, and technology, including the first world war. I also liked the skeleton soldier from painkiller. My first RPs were me being invited to WWI styled nation builders with doughboys and the British. I also underwent a 40k death korps of krieg squad-based/focused nation builder. I also just like the tube respirator gasmask designs more than newer designs. Though having an "esthetic tube" on a filter mask works too, and the skelebro mentioned uses a what appears to be a hybrid system. I also wanted to write stories in an apocalyptic stylization of the great war. I got a bit temporarily put off as I could draw the scene/set pieces I wanted, primarily proportional human figures and smaller shapes.

I turned to roleplaying with the idea, but altering the appearance. Such as trench warfare with robots, having bolt action weapons for aliens but firing certain ways to make targets think we had machine guns, germ-english mix empire in a fantasy RP using illusion and sound Magic for psychological warfare to mentally break our opponents, and appear like the undead. Such as apparently missing half of a face, decayed skeletons, making it look like we revived their troops by stealing uniforms, making shells sound like banshees and be louder than usual with a sudden detonation repeat to appear as if we had more active artillery, filling the environment with echoey, demented/twisted, and demonic screams, groans, and wails, fogging up the battlefield and manipulating it to make up false army hallucinations to make them waste ammo, and filling the skies with plane engine sounds that didn't even exist. Just to make up for the fact that we didn't have enough supplies to fight any war when invaded, but won anyway. One time I had the ability in another RP to make all of the above actually real with physical undead. The GM wasn't a casual that doesn't even bother balancing, or not trying to understand how something works. This gm actually knew what they were doing and weren't a lazy dolt. One time after leaving to another site though, some little punk ruined it and my reputation for a bit in my next community elsewhere. Didn't go back to using the concepts for a few years or so. Then brought back the psychological "apocalypse" warfare trait but far more violent and aggressive. But making a RP adaption beyond testing concepts with different disguises, or character rps in different perspectives won't work here most likely, too many that like buzzing off the RPs early. Especially for nation building.

Therefore I had awakened, and felt compelled in my somewhat spiteful creation. I in some point later last year, got to work on a semi representation for a persona. I created this. I am still not sure if they're a doughboy or a British soldier, but I nickname them Alexander. And on another device I have a second version with another mask design. One variant is undead, another is presumed fine, but has detailed gear covering them like the respirator bag. I nickname that one "Robert".

All versions and their variants actually have blank background versions, chest holes if applicable, some have their spines intact, and some have goggles with and without cracks with blank backgrounds, so inserting one like this into a purple background should give them a purple right eye, and you can see the background through their chest. I plan on eventually trying to get better with humanoid forms without involving assistance, so it isn't just a portrait style design. The mask on the other one I spent longer on to detail, and has my winged v design mimicking the letter E on the nose. This mask is more so a combination of tracing and my own drawing. Originally, all of them had oversized arms, but I cut it down a bit. I'll switch to that one whenever I can.

If you read all of that, congratulations. You're officially both a better reader, and and above average roleplayer, than what a millennial is. [Not all, but I've come to blame them easily for my amusement. Reading is a critical component after all, and I've come across a handful of "OGs" that were pretty worthless too.]

Because I love Made in Abyss, and these little guys are just too cute to not use... and while I love all the characters I don't feel like using any of them as a pfp (Maybe Ozen or Bondrewd... maybe even the 'Princess of the Abyss'.

(also they aren't cats, but are creatures that inhabit the abyss's third layer)

I have Gordie from Pokemon as my avatar because I think he's really cool - plus he's fat and fabulous! Also, I have the same avatar on a lot of websites I use and I decided to do something different here.

I was really angry around winter 2016 and Spider Jerusalem felt right.
I'm just too lazy to change it right now.

Because I love this chara <3 She's rachel from angels of death

One of my closest friends on this site drew my character from her RP that I joined six years ago. That character still means a lot to me this day and I want to recreate her in a RP nowadays so that I could do her some justice in character development. I first created her when I was a very angsty and depressed teenager, so she reflected a lot of that. XD There's way more to her than just that front, though.

Tiger, the old family cat, died a few years back. It was rather depressing for the family, as he'd been there with us for over a decade (and my entire life, my mother having gotten him around a year before I was born). He was well loved and cared for, and I still miss him whenever I think about him. So I chose this picture Mom took of him in order to honor his memory.

I wish mine had a good story but it's just an easy way to get my interest in fantasy across.

Pragmatism!

in my case it was simple was in an RP (romantic in nature) and well the DM made some art of my character and there own, i still love the character to this day and thusly iv kept the art as my profile picture

I change mine every 4-6 months, but it's been on Tai from Digimon for a while because he's the one true love of my life.

When I found this specific picture, I fell instantly in love with it and had to change my avatar to it xD

I tend to call out alot of bullshit antics that I see in the RPs that i'm part of, perhaps it's just me being a grumpy fella or that no-one else wants to be 'that guy' for calling someone out. :angryfrown:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back