Anime & Manga Who (in your opinion) is the most badass anime character of all?

That's an interesting angle that made me give some serious thought to what I consider badass. Feats of strength or cunning are one thing and often amusing on their own but most of my favorite badass moments come from a real sense of compassion expressed with extreme conviction.

Like the example from Hunter x Hunter I posted earlier in the thread. I can't go into it too much without spoiling the show but you get a great sense of how much Leorio truly cares for his friends.

Or Giant Robo which I also mentioned, which has just about every flavor of badass but my favorite scenes from that show usually involve self-sacrifice or characters working together in extremely dangerous situations.

So to me the most badass thing is being excellent to one another even under adverse circumstances, or something.

For me badassery is kinda what kind of air you are putting around you. For example Hellsing. There is two literal army going at each others throat with their own special individuals and such and when Alucard makes his entrance everyone without an exception targets him instinctively most of them only heard of Alucard most of them never saw or fight against him and only know him through talking yet when he started to chant his release everyone friend or enemy tried to stop him this is something not many (if any) anime character could achieve.

1- Saitama, One Punch Man, hands down
upload_2017-5-17_10-2-17.png
2- Kiritsugu Emiya, Fate Zero
upload_2017-5-17_10-2-41.png
3- Death The Kid (also he has excellent Waifu), Soul Eater
upload_2017-5-17_10-4-23.png

So, what's the deal with Alucard? I've heard his name multiple times in this thread, but I'm still not sure what people find in him. I'm too lazy to watch all of Hellsing for now. Someone care to explain their reasons for why Alucard is liked so much?

The answer is clearly Issac Dian from Baccano.

He's not necessarily physically badass as far as feats and demeanor go, but he's a bad-ass rolemodel. That's for sure.

And Miria too, honestly.

Entirely immortal because Baccano, always smiling, a true role-model of a man. Incredibly kind in every way.

Happiness is pretty badass.

If I can take from JRPG's it's Dunban - because he faces off against the unimaginably difficult enemies, and climbs up to both the top of his world and the top of another (The worlds in question are giant Titans, the Bionis and the Mechonis, who were locked in a battle at the beginning of time and slew eachother) with only one arm (and the non-dominant one at that) after he lost the use of his right arm while using a fantastically powerful sword he shouldn't have been able to use in the first place to wipe out a mechanical army, as the weapon in question destroyed the synapses.

if he isn't anime enough then... hm... Been a while since I've watched anything, but Lelouch Vi Britannia (Zero) takes second place, for those plans within plans and that cunning ruthlessness - while still being an interesting character.
LelouchLamperouge_39.jpg

So, what's the deal with Alucard? I've heard his name multiple times in this thread, but I'm still not sure what people find in him. I'm too lazy to watch all of Hellsing for now. Someone care to explain their reasons for why Alucard is liked so much?
Cuase he is immortal. He can regenerate from any wound, can suck up blood from anywhere, can even call an undead army to his aid.

Jolyne Cujoh is hella badass. She also casually breaks like every trope anime has enforced over the years concerning women, without being a tryhard. She has real issues, real flaws, a proper personality. She develops as a person. But she still is a total Shonen-esque asskicker with badass skills.

Jolyne Cujoh is hella badass. She also casually breaks like every trope anime has enforced over the years concerning women, without being a tryhard. She has real issues, real flaws, a proper personality. She develops as a person. But she still is a total Shonen-esque asskicker with badass skills.
What show is she from?

What show is she from?

Oh shoot, she's from JoJo's Bizarre Adventures, but I just realized this didn't include manga. Her chapters aren't put into anime form yet, my bad!

Uhm, for anime, I'd have to say Re-L Mayer then! Ergo Proxy is a great show, and Re-L is an all-around fantastic character.

then... hm... Been a while since I've watched anything, but Lelouch Vi Britannia (Zero) takes second place, for those plans within plans and that cunning ruthlessness - while still being an interesting character.
LelouchLamperouge_39.jpg
Yes. God, yes. Lelouch is by far at the top of my list! He didn't let his power consume him like Light.

Second would have to be Kirito actually, from Sword Art Online!

Kaiki Deishu for being a badass without being a powerhouse, a genius, or anything in that vein. For being the 'man who can deceive anything' and still being a badass in the moment when he can't even trick a teenage girl. For making me root for him after being introduced as a scum of the earth con-artist, while still being a scum of the earth con-artist. Losing most of the time because he's the villain, but still walking away from it with a better attitude than the heroes because he's an adult.

Also the 'best' godfather you can hope for~

If you watched Mobile Suit Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans. Mikazuki Augus
is like the most badass character of any series. And its not even like a cringy kind of badass like straight up the kid lives amd breathes badass.

For dudes, it's Spike Spiegel. Bang.

For ladies, it's got to be Revi from Black Lagoon. What a badass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back