Anime & Manga Who (in your opinion) is the most badass anime character of all?

Zombocalypse

Quintessential Badboy
Who (in your opinion) is the most badass anime character of all?

Here are my top three...

Number three: Kenshiro

Number two: Yujiro Hanma

Number one: Vegeta

My list might change. I like a lot of characters in the anime world.

90% of anime characters are marry sues so badassery is nullified.

The 10% however...

Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop

or....

Revy Lee from Black Lagoon

Tough call.

I'd nominate Guts, Jotaro Kujo, Dio Brando, etc. There are a lot of cool anime characters.

"Duh
1. Kirito
2. Kirito
3. Kirigaya Kazuto
hesh sho cool how he, like, beatsh everyone in one hit and shtuff."

Is Kirito the guy from Sword Art Online?

the only guy from sao, yes.
or, at least, the only guy of any real consequence.
Hall Kervean Hall Kervean Zombocalypse Zombocalypse

After finishing watching the important parts of SAO, I can say that Kirito isn't as gary stue as people make him out to be. It's cool to bandwagon and talk trash about SAO still for some reason. In a lot of the fights he's been in, he's clearly struggled in them.

I must point to the recently added anime section.

As to who I think is most badass... It really depends on your definition of badass, but I do not feel like getting philosophical at the moment. But I will say Vash from Trigun is pretty cool.

I'll go wiiiith... Hisoka.
Can't go wrong with a homicidal clown whose sole purpose is to fight people and whose theme has a spanish guitar.
imgres-3.jpg

Last edited:
me

Hunter x Hunter definitely has its fair share of badasses. I'm pretty fond of Leorio's shenanigans in that regard, especially during the election arc.

1. Nagisa Shiota and Karma Akabane from Assassination Classroom
2. Kirigaya Kazuto from Sword Art Online
3. Saitama from One Punch Man

I'd nominate Guts, Jotaro Kujo, Dio Brando, etc. There are a lot of cool anime characters.

"Duh
1. Kirito
2. Kirito
3. Kirigaya Kazuto
hesh sho cool how he, like, beatsh everyone in one hit and shtuff."

Is Kirito the guy from Sword Art Online?

the only guy from sao, yes.
or, at least, the only guy of any real consequence.
Hall Kervean Hall Kervean Zombocalypse Zombocalypse

After finishing watching the important parts of SAO, I can say that Kirito isn't as gary stue as people make him out to be. It's cool to bandwagon and talk trash about SAO still for some reason. In a lot of the fights he's been in, he's clearly struggled in them.
Kirito, in my opinion, is one of the worse (not worst, but worse,) characters in anime history, especially main characters.

Yeah, except he won against the "last boss," of the game by using a literal glitch in the matrix; he lived when his HP dropped to zero.
How often do you beat bosses in World of Warcraft on, literally, 0 HP, darling?
Not to mention, as soon as he gets out of the castle aincrad/matrix, he keeps talking to Asuna how everything (in the real world,) is just like data. It's so fucking corny I cringed every time he said it.

I think Kirito could have been so much more. His potential as a character was tremendous, but the writers, unfortunately, spent it.
I mean, his last fight, as I said; consisted of him glitching the matrix like a... cheater. Bleh.
How could would it be to see him use clever mechanics and tactics instead? Like a real gamer that tries to maximize the outcome by paying attention to every little number on the screen, using healing items at the right time, and using abilities in the correct order, as well as making some battle plan in his mind that he later explained as the boss collapsed? Honestly, that was the worst fucking excuse for winning ever. All of the climax of the main storyline that built up over so many episodes led to the conclusion of him winning by abusing glitches with "willpower," or whatever, which shouldn't even be possible on any fundamental level. And then they throw away the Aincrad Arc like a wet tissue and go on with this whole "fairyland and a tree from Scandinavian mythology" bullshit. Seriously, you gotta low how the show is called Sword Art Online yet only the first part of the first season is about Sword Art Online, amirite?

Okay, enough ranting.
The most badass anime character, in my opinion, is Jotaro Kujo from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

He's tough, manly, intimidating, yet despite seeming a jerk so far so that he calls his own mother a "bitch," he actually loves her so deeply that he goes to Egypt (Japan to Egypt, a large part of it on foot) and fights numerous supernatural beings just to save her from death. You could say he is Tsundere to the extreme.

And regardless, he is not stupid and shows brilliant tactics at times, a trait he probably inherited from Joseph; his grandfather and another character from the franchise who is also a huge badass.
Here are some interesting parts of Jotaro's life:

Last edited:
Guts, i'd show why but i'd have to do with an explanation considering that the video would probably be too graphic for some people.
In short, Gut's arm was isolated in a beast's jaws causing him to be immobilized as he watched in horror at a scene before him that caused him to go completely mad with rage at the 'evil-doer' before him. In order to enact out his revenge against this person he decided that the best way to escape the monster's clutches would be to sever a portion of his arm off with the rough-edge of a broken sword. Not even completely tearing his entire arm off but instead pulling himself away from the monster which caused him to be dismembered! Even this feat didn't stop him from stumbling after the person and using all of his strength to try and kill the person, inevitability failing though.

Pretty intense.
He's also done a lot of stuff that would make him badass.

Here are some interesting parts of Jotaro's life:

English dub. Disgusting.

On the topic, I think each character has their own form of badass-ery, some just have more obvious ones, and therefore, seem to be superior than each other. Deciding who's more badass or not does matter, for the true badasses lies deep within our hearts and souls.

Nah, fuck that, lol.

I'd say Speedwagon is the most badass character, with Madao from Gintama coming in second.

English dub. Disgusting.

On the topic, I think each character has their own form of badass-ery, some just have more obvious ones, and therefore, seem to be superior than each other. Deciding who's more badass or not does matter, for the true badasses lies deep within our hearts and souls.

Nah, fuck that, lol.

I'd say Speedwagon is the most badass character, with Madao from Gintama coming in second.
Come on, the dub wasn't THAT bad.

Speedwagon's cool, though.

Come on, the dub wasn't THAT bad.

Engrish > English, my friend.

Speedwagon's cool, though.

hqdefault.jpg

Can't decide between Jotaro Kujo, Speedwagon and Joseph Joestar. All of them had their moments.

I'm going to preface this by saying I don't watch a lot of anime because I don't. Those that I do are from my younger years and I remember them extremely, extremely fondly so take my list with a grain of salt.

That said:

latest

Guts

Vash-The-Stampede-578x406.jpeg

Vash

4361324-9545850854-Spike.jpg

Spike

And honorable mention:

maxresdefault.jpg

Balalaika

These are just a few that stood out to me over the years that actually prompted me to watch the anime in the first place.

I'm not measuring badassery by terms of raw power, but rather by their mindset, their behaviour and their philosophy. Using these criteria, it's Kiryuuin Satsuki from Kill la Kill to me. She's not even the strongest character in her anime, let alone in anime in general, but she comes across as strongest in the personality department. Resolve of steel, man. I mean, she successfully used her own toenail as a weapon after having been captured and tortured by the enemy. Besides, how can someone with a theme like this not be a badass?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back