Anime & Manga Who (in your opinion) is the most badass anime character of all?

Also most of the cast of the Giant Robo OVA from the 90s has at least one badass moment at some point during the series but I think I'm one of maybe two people on this site that actually knows that show, heyooo.

Please people let me school you on what badass is.
Madara is Badass. I mean just look at the guy.
Alucard is badass. Folks no one can stand before that natural disaster.
Guts, I mean this guy fights demons... and wins with broken arms and all. He's a man of steel.
Aizen, I mean there isn't a cooler villain and more evil guy out there.
Lelouch is pretty bad ass. Not much of a fighter, but he's got the style!

ec6ea94a5f02d42100fa0d3102a6a58e.gif

I can't believe no one's mentioned Shizuo Heiwajima from Durarara. He's one of my favorite characters of all time and super bad ass. He's really a kind hearted guy who's heart just happens to be covered if not made out of rage. When the guy fights, his body is literally torn apart from his pure strength, but he just shrugs off the pain. "Oh, a pen through my hand? Eh, better put a band aid on that." Gangs, Yakuza, trained Russian assassins, and even supernatural beings fear him.

Emiya Kiritsugu - Fate/Zero. Even if his character development mostly happen toward the end, the way he removed almost all of his feelings in order to make the world a better place was amazing. Fate/Zero was a great surprise and we could saw the true face of Kiritsugu, killing endlessly until he discovered that his dream was impossible.

Special mention for Achilles from Fate/Apocrypha. I mean, it's like an improved version of FSN Gilgamesh. OP, awesome personality. But plot armor stroke again...

I could named more badass anime char, but i'm just too lazy to find more name right now.

Last edited:
I'll hop on the Guts bandwagon. I mean, his birth alone was already badass, and it only got worse from there. Went through lots of shit, doesn't whine but isn't untouched either.
He's obviously overdone by a fair amount but in my opinion it all stayed tasteful.

Roberta from Black Lagoon, Alucard from Hellsing, and Korosensei from Assassination Classroom are just a few.

1. Madara Uchiha
2. Vegeta
3. Hisoka

In context, Madara is an insane badass. Let's look at the timeline he had. Madara was born in an era called the Warring States. He was born... INTO WAR. Right there, you've already taken Bane's speech of “Ah you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but blinding!” and literally replace it with war. Alright. Madara was a genius and prodigy among an already-renown Clan. Madara pushed the limits of that Clan even further. But, even more? His greatest rival was a man called the GOD OF SHINOBI. Believe it or not, Madara was the fucking underdog in his rivalry.

So, let's get this straight: Madara was born into an era of war and strife, basically paved the way for his Clan legacy, and still was somehow the underdog in a rivalry against another clan that was virtually uncontested.

Now, let's move on in context. I'll skim over some of this, but basically, Madara manipulated generations of shinobi for his revenge and plan, stayed alive in countless odds, calculated his death and eventual resurrection... even during his most 'inactive' periods, he was a mastermind. A lot of people in this same fandom attribute Danzo with being a great manipulator, but Danzo didn't have shit on Madara by comparison.

Now, let's go a step further. Madara effectively fought against and won against the entire Shinobi Alliance. Alright, a lot of them were grunts, but fuck that noise, he still won. Furthermore, Madara effectively made light work of the current world leaders at that time. So, in essence, Madara came from an era that was so much 'greater' than the one the audience was introduced to that his capabilities far surpassed the present ones--and it showed. This speculation can be extended to Boruto where many Boruto power scales point out that Academy era Boruto is actually weaker than Academa era Naruto--although we'll skip over that debate. For this purpose, we're going to assume that later generations simply aren't as badass as older ones.

So, let's skip on to what else Madara did. Well, completed the Juubi, beat all the Kage effectively (without his full dojutsu) and utilized a new form of dojutsu he didn't even have time to master in a fairly proficient way. So, let's also figure out what Madara did here. After effectively beating down the entire current generation, he proceeded to shit stomp the previous cumulative generations in a weakened state then take on the two incarnations of the children of the individual that shared chakra--the energy they all used--with the world. He even beat Eight Gates Guy when Taijutsu was literally claimed to be his only potential weakness.

So, after all that, what could possibly make him even more badass? What? He didn't just come in and beat everyone, he had a long, drawn out story of revenge, strategy and manipulation to come to power...

...I'll tell you.

The fact the writer basically had to kill Madara himself. The Naruto author, Kishimoto, realized that he just made a mother fucker so badass that he had to pull out some alien-Princess plotline out of his ass and revamp an entire character (Zetsu) so that there was any chance at defeating Madara.

Yeah. That's what I'm saying. Madara was so badass the only person that could beat him was the author.

Last edited:
1. Madara Uchiha

In context, Madara is an insane badass. Let's look at the timeline he had. Madara was born in an era called the Warring States. He was born... INTO WAR. Right there, you've already taken Bane's speech of “Ah you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but blinding!” and literally replace it with war. Alright. Madara was a genius and prodigy among an already-renown Clan. Madara pushed the limits of that Clan even further. But, even more? His greatest rival was a man called the GOD OF SHINOBI. Believe it or not, Madara was the fucking underdog in his rivalry.

So, let's get this straight: Madara was born into an era of war and strife, basically paved the way for his Clan legacy, and still was somehow the underdog in a rivalry against another clan that was virtually uncontested.

Now, let's move on in context. I'll skim over some of this, but basically, Madara manipulated generations of shinobi for his revenge and plan, stayed alive in countless odds, calculated his death and eventual resurrection... even during his most 'inactive' periods, he was a mastermind. A lot of people in this same fandom attribute Danzo with being a great manipulator, but Danzo didn't have shit on Madara by comparison.

Now, let's go a step further. Madara effectively fought against and won against the entire Shinobi Alliance. Alright, a lot of them were grunts, but fuck that noise, he still won. Furthermore, Madara effectively made light work of the current world leaders at that time. So, in essence, Madara came from an era that was so much 'greater' than the one the audience was introduced to that his capabilities far surpassed the present ones--and it showed. This speculation can be extended to Boruto where many Boruto power scales point out that Academy era Boruto is actually weaker than Academa era Naruto--although we'll skip over that debate. For this purpose, we're going to assume that later generations simply aren't as badass as older ones.

So, let's skip on to what else Madara did. Well, completed the Juubi, beat all the Kage effectively (without his full dojutsu) and utilized a new form of dojutsu he didn't even have time to master in a fairly proficient way. So, let's also figure out what Madara did here. After effectively beating down the entire current generation, he proceeded to shit stomp the previous cumulative generations in a weakened state then take on the two incarnations of the children of the individual that shared chakra--the energy they all used--with the world. He even beat Eight Gates Guy when Taijutsu was literally claimed to be his only potential weakness.

So, after all that, what could possibly make him even more badass? What? He didn't just come in and beat everyone, he had a long, drawn out story of revenge, strategy and manipulation to come to power...

...I'll tell you.

The fact the writer basically had to kill Madara himself. The Naruto author, Kishimoto, realized that he just made a mother fucker so badass that he had to pull out some alien-Princess plotline out of his ass and revamp an entire character (Zetsu) so that there was any chance at defeating Madara.

Yeah. That's what I'm saying. Madara was so badass the only person that could beat him was the author.

Man, is there a character that could even possibly EVEN TOUCH Madara Uchiha? Let alone defeat him. And I'm not talking about Edo Tensei Uchiha Madara. I'm not talking about Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara either. Hell, I'm not even talking about Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikodou abilities and being capable of both Amateratsu and Tsukuyomi genjutsu), equipped with his Gunbai, a perfect Susano'o, control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju's DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu. I’m also not talking about Kono Yo no Kyūseishu Futarime no Rikudō Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan (which is capable of Enton Amaterasu, Izanagi, Izanami and the Tsyukuyomi Genjutsu), his two original Rinnegan (which grant him Chikushōdō, Shuradō, Tendō, Ningendō, Jigokudō, Gakidō, Gedō, Banshō Ten’in, Chibaku Tensei, Shinra Tensei, Tengai Shinsei and Banbutsu Sōzō) and a third Tomoe Rinnegan on his forehead, capable of using Katon, Fūton, Raiton, Doton, Suiton, Mokuton, Ranton, Inton, Yōton and even Onmyōton Jutsu, equipped with his Gunbai(capable of using Uchihagaeshi) and a Shakujō because he is a master in kenjutsu and taijutsu, a perfect Susano’o (that can use Yasaka no Magatama ), control of both the Juubi and the Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA and face implanted on his chest, his four Rinbo Hengoku Clones guarding him and nine Gudōdama floating behind him AFTER he absorbed Senjutsu from the First Hokage, entered Rikudō Senjutsu Mode, cast Mugen Tsukuyomi on everybody and used Shin: Jukai Kōtan so he can use their Chakra while they are under Genjutsu. I'm definitely NOT Talking about sagemode sage of the six paths Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Super Saiyan 4 Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, Rinnegan, Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, and Geass doujutsus, equipped with Shining Trapezohedron while casting Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as his Susanoo, controlling the Gold Experience Requiem stand, having become the original vampire after Alucard, able to tap into the speedforce, wearing the Kamen Rider Black RX suit and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju's DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu and having eaten Popeye's spinach. I'm talking about sagemode sage of the six paths Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Legendary Super Saiyan 4 Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, Rinnegan, Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, and Geass doujutsus, equipped with his Shining Trapezohedron while casting Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as his Susanoo, controlling the Gold Experience Requiem stand, having become the original vampire after having absorbed Alucard as well as a God Hand, able to tap into the speedforce, wearing the Kamen Rider Black RX suit, with Kryptonian DNA implanted in him and having eaten Popeye's spinach while possessing quantum powers like Dr. Manhattan and having mastered Hokuto Shinken.

Man, is there a character that could even possibly EVEN TOUCH Madara Uchiha? Let alone defeat him. And I'm not talking about Edo Tensei Uchiha Madara. I'm not talking about Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara either. Hell, I'm not even talking about Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikodou abilities and being capable of both Amateratsu and Tsukuyomi genjutsu), equipped with his Gunbai, a perfect Susano'o, control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju's DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu. I’m also not talking about Kono Yo no Kyūseishu Futarime no Rikudō Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan (which is capable of Enton Amaterasu, Izanagi, Izanami and the Tsyukuyomi Genjutsu), his two original Rinnegan (which grant him Chikushōdō, Shuradō, Tendō, Ningendō, Jigokudō, Gakidō, Gedō, Banshō Ten’in, Chibaku Tensei, Shinra Tensei, Tengai Shinsei and Banbutsu Sōzō) and a third Tomoe Rinnegan on his forehead, capable of using Katon, Fūton, Raiton, Doton, Suiton, Mokuton, Ranton, Inton, Yōton and even Onmyōton Jutsu, equipped with his Gunbai(capable of using Uchihagaeshi) and a Shakujō because he is a master in kenjutsu and taijutsu, a perfect Susano’o (that can use Yasaka no Magatama ), control of both the Juubi and the Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA and face implanted on his chest, his four Rinbo Hengoku Clones guarding him and nine Gudōdama floating behind him AFTER he absorbed Senjutsu from the First Hokage, entered Rikudō Senjutsu Mode, cast Mugen Tsukuyomi on everybody and used Shin: Jukai Kōtan so he can use their Chakra while they are under Genjutsu. I'm definitely NOT Talking about sagemode sage of the six paths Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Super Saiyan 4 Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, Rinnegan, Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, and Geass doujutsus, equipped with Shining Trapezohedron while casting Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as his Susanoo, controlling the Gold Experience Requiem stand, having become the original vampire after Alucard, able to tap into the speedforce, wearing the Kamen Rider Black RX suit and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju's DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu and having eaten Popeye's spinach. I'm talking about sagemode sage of the six paths Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Legendary Super Saiyan 4 Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, Rinnegan, Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, and Geass doujutsus, equipped with his Shining Trapezohedron while casting Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as his Susanoo, controlling the Gold Experience Requiem stand, having become the original vampire after having absorbed Alucard as well as a God Hand, able to tap into the speedforce, wearing the Kamen Rider Black RX suit, with Kryptonian DNA implanted in him and having eaten Popeye's spinach while possessing quantum powers like Dr. Manhattan and having mastered Hokuto Shinken.

Sure is. His name is Kishimoto.

That was an infamous troll quote from an interview between Toriyama and Kishimoto, neither of whom enjoy interviews. No one considers it "true" in context.

TL: DR Madara gets every single buff in the series and still loses.

For me the most badass has to be rider from Fate/zero, even after years broskandar holds a spot in my heart.

"They are my greatest treasure! My path to kingship! The strongest noble phantasm that I posses! IONIAN HETAIROI!" followed by the camera displaying the whole army. Badass directly into the vein.

For me the most badass has to be rider from Fate/zero, even after years broskandar holds a spot in my heart.

"They are my greatest treasure! My path to kingship! The strongest noble phantasm that I posses! IONIAN HETAIROI!" followed by the camera displaying the whole army. Badass directly into the vein.
Woah hey
Pointing out actual moments and explaining your choice is what this thread needs!
Maybe it'll help me understand the appeal of Alucard as a character.

Well, Alucard from Hellsing, obviously.

I also think if Yang from RWBY had a bit more over the top fighting scenes she could be really up there as well.

Woah hey
Pointing out actual moments and explaining your choice is what this thread needs!
Ok lets see there is just too many scenes from both TV series and OVA but if I should pick one it would be this.

Hak from Akatsuki no Yona: this is mostly relative to the universe, since he is often just as strong--if not stronger--than the supernatural humans in the universe as only a human.

Woah hey

That's an interesting angle that made me give some serious thought to what I consider badass. Feats of strength or cunning are one thing and often amusing on their own but most of my favorite badass moments come from a real sense of compassion expressed with extreme conviction.

Like the example from Hunter x Hunter I posted earlier in the thread. I can't go into it too much without spoiling the show but you get a great sense of how much Leorio truly cares for his friends.

Or Giant Robo which I also mentioned, which has just about every flavor of badass but my favorite scenes from that show usually involve self-sacrifice or characters working together in extremely dangerous situations.

So to me the most badass thing is being excellent to one another even under adverse circumstances, or something.

1: Guts from Berserk
2: Roger Smith from Big O
3: Nicolas Brown from Gangsta

Man I could list so many more but for the sake of the thread I shall just list the three that come to mind off the top of my head.

Edit: Special mention to Ryner Lute from The Legend of Legendary Heros for that evil laugh of his.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back