Anime & Manga Who (in your opinion) is the most badass anime character of all?

If you watched Mobile Suit Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans. Mikazuki Augus
is like the most badass character of any series. And its not even like a cringy kind of badass like straight up the kid lives amd breathes badass.
Mikazuki had the potential but if we are going to talk about badass gundam pilots Heero Yui and Setsuna F. Seiei takes top spots together

Not to be that person
But I'm going to be that person

Natsu from Fairy Tail

(I would explain but it would be too long and too cheesy and too rambly)

Emiya Kiritsugu - Fate/Zero. Even if his character development mostly happen toward the end, the way he removed almost all of his feelings in order to make the world a better place was amazing. Fate/Zero was a great surprise and we could saw the true face of Kiritsugu, killing endlessly until he discovered that his dream was impossible.

Special mention for Achilles from Fate/Apocrypha. I mean, it's like an improved version of FSN Gilgamesh. OP, awesome personality. But plot armor stroke again...

I could nammed more badass anime char, but i'm just too lazy to find more name right now.

Fate! Wooh! Up top!

Personally, I'm a fan of Goldilocks (Gilgamesh). He's just... a mongrel-stomping, OP badass and the one true king. I mean, come on... Ea! And he's got flare. Gotta have flare.

If you take into account his legend (and the Fate series, signalling to his past time-and-again, does certainly incorporate it and do it as much justice as it can), then there are more layers to him than we see in Zero, SN, and the other media installments. He may not make a great "good guy", if he were ever put into the role, but he'd be an awesome anti-hero or tragic hero. There is a reason why his story is an "epic", after all... in the literary sense, not the over-used colloquial sense.

Fate! Wooh! Up top!

Personally, I'm a fan of Goldilocks (Gilgamesh). He's just... a mongrel-stomping, OP badass and the one true king. I mean, come on... Ea! And he's got flare. Gotta have flare.

If you take into account his legend (and the Fate series, signalling to his past time-and-again, does certainly incorporate it and do it as much justice as it can), then there are more layers to him than we see in Zero, SN, and the other media installments. He may not make a great "good guy", if he were ever put into the role, but he'd be an awesome anti-hero or tragic hero. There is a reason why his story is an "epic", after all... in the literary sense, not the over-used colloquial sense.

I agree so much with you <3 ! I loved both of them. I used to rp with them before lol

Now that they've turned Noblesse into a short anime, Cardis Etrama Di Raizel (aka Rai) is the character I consider to be the most badass. Mainly because of his op powers. Frankenstein runs him a very close second, which is saying something. Really, most of the characters in that story are badasses.

Honorary mentions to Lord Yupa from Nausicaä for taking sword to the arm, to Misaka from Attack of Titan for her combat abilities and stoic demeanor, and to Sakamoto from Sakamoto Desu Ga? for obvious reasons.

Obviously Lelouch Vi Britania. Every single moment from the first was planned or reacted to perfectly, and he fought against the whole entire world to make it a better place.

Or at least that's what I would say, if Clockwork Planet hadn't recently begun being animated. By far (I wonder if this would count, given it's a pair and not individuals) Naoto Miura and Marie Bell Breguet.

Yeah, not one of the automata or cyborgs, but the two brats. Marie sees so much character development as a genius with the sense of a normal person thrust into the life of a natural, senseless genius like Naoto. The two feed off each other, grow off each other, learn from each other, and - in the strangest manner possible - respect each other. Marie is the only human Naoto has described to have complete 'harmony' in her body which he admires as something from both talent and hard work, while Marie, from her perspective, is forced to watch time and time again as Naoto's ways that "lack common sense" are almost always right. When Marie gets frustrated with her own race that is tearing apart the second world that was miraculously given to them for mere political squabbles, instead of going the typical way which is to go and fix the issues discreetly, she decides to throw up her arms in a temper tantrum like any typical child faced with issues bigger than what they're comfortable handling. Instead of submitting to the fact that humans are irredeemable, she decides to go all out - if the governments are going to tear themselves and the world apart, why can't terrorists just go in and do the things those governments can't? A brash, simple-minded approach fitting for Marie's overall theme that no matter how genius a child is, they are still a child. Meanwhile, Naoto. Naoto was sold to me the moment his apartment building gets wrecked by a huge black coffin and his obsession with clockwork compels him to brush aside an automaton he was trying to build on his own, all for a little discord in the beautiful symphony he described RyuZU's body to be. He spends four hours in a collapsing building, nearly dying one or two times, repairing an automaton that he had no relation with, could have scrapped for parts later after he escaped the building. Really, there's nothing remarkable about his character except his respectable fanaticism for anything with gears, as well as how every other character in the story plays off of him so well.

Kirito from SAO. He's badass, I'll give you that. But he's a terrible protagonist with too much plot armour

Who (in your opinion) is the most badass anime character of all?

Here are my top three...

Number three: Kenshiro

Number two: Yujiro Hanma

Number one: Vegeta

My list might change. I like a lot of characters in the anime world.
This guy in this video with this music playing!

Hm, the awesome Prussia outdoes everyone in my opinion. Gilbert, your awesomeness does not compare to even the most OP protagonist in my eyes. Edward Elric? Step aside, Gilbert Beischmidt out does any one of you. Fight me. XD

9b1468241b2993f191b9445935166dea.jpg

(Who could resist that awesome face.)

I don't even know who to pick for this one, there's so many just because it's stereotypical to have one in any anime/manga...

Kenshin Himura.
He can shift from being a cute little guy to a badass incarnate as it's the most natural thing.

1454260761-c5932a4dbce12ccc18a8fe0a97af5ed8.jpeg

Last edited:
If I had to list just 3...
Shimazu Toyohisa from Drifters, Takamura Mamoru from Hajime no Ippo (Ippo as a close second) and from left field.....Mifune from Soul Eater. Infinite One Sword Style? How cool is that?
And for anyone who asks, Saitama and any main character from Baki is straight up cheating.

1. Bobobo
2. Don Patch
3. Jelly Jiggler

These are the three most badass anime characters in the whole known universe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back