Other Which kind of Rps are underrated and why?

Old West Rps for my opinion. They are rare, hardly last long in my limited experience with them and have just about everything you look for in a non fantasy/sci-fi Rp. Guns that had a beauty to them imo, romanced version of what it was really like and non romanticized versions, horses, races and backgrounds that were real and vastly different from one style of life to another to add more realism and drama to everything the plot has to offer already.

Outside of that is the style of life, early versions of business and eastern states classier versions of life compared to the Wild, country esque, outlaw troubled west. Combat that didn't involve nukes, bombs, particle beams or advanced technology just good old fashion guns and shootouts, rides across the country and much, much more imo.

True medieval-- not fantasy. Roman. Gallo-Roman. Age of sail that's not instantly OMG PIRATEY JACK SPARROW. Also, the World Wars, yes, especially homefront. And so many more. Good lord.
Does thou know how to end thine opponent rightly?

P.S.
I'd love a true medieval RP as well, that way I can be extremely obnoxious when it comes to Historically European Martial Arts.

Proper nation-building role plays that are not sci-fi nor fantasy. The genre itself is extinct for the most part as well.

I don't see much in the way of Lovecraftian horror, or horror in general on this site.

Also, What does a man have to do to get a good mecha rp here?

1. Have a good setting for a mecha RP
2. Have a good concept plot for a mecha RP
3. Create a mecha Rp
4. Get lucky with the right combination of people to endure hard times and be passionate/commited
5. Put effort and not give up on boring parts, because those are necessary given we are writing
6. Not be a dick
7. Be organized and proactive

I don't see much in the way of Lovecraftian horror, or horror in general on this site.

Ooooh, Lovecraftian horror. That's a new one i haven't heard for a good while. I think it's something that should get a lot more attention than it usualy gets

1. Have a good setting for a mecha RP
2. Have a good concept plot for a mecha RP
3. Create a mecha Rp
4. Get lucky with the right combination of people to endure hard times
5. Put effort and not give up on boring parts, because those are necessary given we are writing
6. Not be a dick
7. Be organized and proactive
pdvd_056.jpg

Well...
You can like that comment of mine and share it around, maybe someone will pick up on it

You could try hopping on an existing mecha anime and seeing if you can help form that group I mentioned in 4

You can fund me for the rest of my life so I don't have to work and can afford to GM another big roleplay

You can swallow the meme and do it yourself :P

Choice is yours bud

Roleplays with representations of minorities. Too many white, cisgender, able-bodied, straight, neurotypical, etc. characters out there.
Roleplays with underrated magical creatures and aytpical vampires. Give me a huldra, a nopperabou, an upior! Anything!

Roleplays with representations of minorities. Too many white, cisgender, able-bodied, straight, neurotypical, etc. characters out there.
Roleplays with underrated magical creatures and aytpical vampires. Give me a huldra, a nopperabou, an upior! Anything!
I don't know too many photo-face claim RPs admitedly, but I think this is making a bit of a storm in glass of water, if I may say so. I say that because people aren't making those characters like that on purpose, most of the time, they are simply making them that way because they don't care? And also what are you talking about the straight characters, 80% of the characters I see are either bi or pansexual

I don't know too many photo-face claim RPs admitedly, but I think this is making a bit of a storm in glass of water, if I may say so. I say that because people aren't making those characters like that on purpose, most of the time, they are simply making them that way because they don't care? And also what are you talking about the straight characters, 80% of the characters I see are either bi or pansexual
Well, that one's just me being ranty, I guess. The rest I think are actual problems

I'd kill for a more diverse cast of critters, beasts, mythical creatures and things that go bump in the night in fantasy settings.

Well, that one's just me being ranty, I guess. The rest I think are actual problems
Why is it? Isn't it a SOLVED problem if the players are not giving a crap about what skin color someone is? Isn't the point of fightint racism and the like for people to ignore that as irrelevant?

Why is it? Isn't it a SOLVED problem if the players are not giving a crap about what skin color someone is? Isn't the point of fightint racism and the like for people to ignore that as irrelevant?
The problem is that people don't care.

Please don't go there.
Why not? I mean I know these things can get tense and I will promptly pull out of it if it does, but it's not like people are advocating white supremacy here, they just aren't so obsessed with the matter that they HAVE to add multi-ethnic characters to roleplays

Why not? I mean I know these things can get tense and I will promptly pull out of it if it does, but it's not like people are advocating white supremacy here, they just aren't so obsessed with the matter that they HAVE to add multi-ethnic characters to roleplays
I mean the both of you. This has serious derailing potential and I've already seen too many threads get locked due to these kinds of debates.

I feel like a good space exploration RP could be amazing if executed properly.
But nobody does those, so I’d consider it a little under-appreciated

Walk-in generic fantasy taverns. I'm talking like, kitchen sink fantasy where someone glanced at Final Fantasy concept art and said "Why not?" and didn't actually do any research.

Ya'all are missing out. No character sheets, no activity requirement, only a few have minimum word counts. Plot? Plots are for nerds. Aliens befriending dragons, princesses and knights conversing with the mayor and cyborg general over rum, totally made up races, more monster girls than you can shake a manga at, it's amazing. That's where I learned to roleplay.
This sounds like a great time xP
Seems like it would fit in at the forum games or somewhere like that rather than an actual RP place, but that’s just me

This sounds like a great time xP
Seems like it would fit in at the forum games or somewhere like that rather than an actual RP place, but that’s just me
No, it's a roleplay. There are characters, and character development, and plots. It's just really casual, almost a chatplay, or perhaps a regular detailed RP that simply has no direction.

No, it's a roleplay. There are characters, and character development, and plots. It's just really casual, almost a chatplay, or perhaps a regular detailed RP that simply has no direction.
Meh. I see stuff like that all the time in the statuses, but yeah, you’re right, I guess it still is an RP xP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back