Other Which kind of Rps are underrated and why?

It really depends. Surely there are more RP based on games, movies, anime etc. And fewer based on our own imagination. Now which exact not sure.

It really depends. Surely there are more RP based on games, movies, anime etc. And fewer based on our own imagination. Now which exact not sure.
If I may disagree for a moment, I wouldn't say one's own roleplays are underrated. Instead, I propose they just aren't rated. The dfference between RPs based on somehting and those produced by one's own working is that the first have an established based and another work to rely on. They come with a pre-built audience, so they don't have to sell their concept to get people to look at it. On the other hand, completely original ones are competing right from the title. They simply don't have the same reach of the same easy reach as the other kind.

There is also some factors when they are rated, mainly that a lot of "original" RPs are too mild and tend to overrate their own writing ability and appeal. I won't go further on this subject unless asked though, as I might end up ranting.

If I may disagree for a moment, I wouldn't say one's own roleplays are underrated. Instead, I propose they just aren't rated. The dfference between RPs based on somehting and those produced by one's own working is that the first have an established based and another work to rely on. They come with a pre-built audience, so they don't have to sell their concept to get people to look at it. On the other hand, completely original ones are competing right from the title. They simply don't have the same reach of the same easy reach as the other kind.

There is also some factors when they are rated, mainly that a lot of "original" RPs are too mild and tend to overrate their own writing ability and appeal. I won't go further on this subject unless asked though, as I might end up ranting.

Indeed you are right. Don't get me wrong. I like both. And sometimes more the already inaugurate worlds. Since they already give you a outline with what to work with. Though it can trap you specially if you try to write a OC. You need more details how to pose the character. If the plot and character is created, there is more freedom to it.

Though I think i went off topic. ^_^

Indeed you are right. Don't get me wrong. I like both. And sometimes more the already inaugurate worlds. Since they already give you a outline with what to work with. Though it can trap you specially if you try to write a OC. You need more details how to pose the character. If the plot and character is created, there is more freedom to it.

Though I think i went off topic. ^_^
Indeed. I think that's one of the reasons why I only roleplay in fandoms that have clear worldbuilding. But an original world can be pretty restrictive as well, even some that claim to be extremely free.

And that's ok, we're having a nice discussion, so it moving naturally is natural and joyful XD

Indeed. I think that's one of the reasons why I only roleplay in fandoms that have clear worldbuilding. But an original world can be pretty restrictive as well, even some that claim to be extremely free.

And that's ok, we're having a nice discussion, so it moving naturally is natural and joyful XD

Well, I wouldn't agree on "extremely free" There are always limits. I mean if a character is placed for example in a modern world you have to keep that in mind. His/Her behavior would have to do with it, the dressing code etc. So, you will need to keep in mind the surroundings. But it gives you the freedom how your character would act. Even if his/her persona is set. If you go a bit out the line people will not notice.

Though if you rp a OC. It an be noticed.

^_^

Well, I wouldn't agree on "extremely free" There are always limits. I mean if a character is placed for example in a modern world you have to keep that in mind. His/Her behavior would have to do with it, the dressing code etc. So, you will need to keep in mind the surroundings. But it gives you the freedom how your character would act. Even if his/her persona is set. If you go a bit out the line people will not notice.

Though if you rp a OC. It an be noticed.

^_^
Oh all this time, I was only talking about OCs, never using cannon characters

oh, my bad. Then yes there is a limit freedom. Not in all levels. But there are some.
Of course, of course :) And I appreciate there being limits. I get passionate about roleplays with good premises, good people and good rules. The issue is many tend to go for one of the extremes, either turning the roleplay into their personal book with puppets or not being strict enough and giving players too much freedom to choose. But this may already be derrailing a bit. I had fun in our little conversation. Feel free to stop by a PM with me or my profile (or even one of my roleplays) if you ever feel like it :)

Of course, of course :) And I appreciate there being limits. I get passionate about roleplays with good premises, good people and good rules. The issue is many tend to go for one of the extremes, either turning the roleplay into their personal book with puppets or not being strict enough and giving players too much freedom to choose. But this may already be derrailing a bit. I had fun in our little conversation. Feel free to stop by a PM with me or my profile (or even one of my roleplays) if you ever feel like it :)

Was fun talking with you. Surely I will pass by. Feel free to do the same. ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back