• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy When the Dust Returns OOC

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

PaperGhosts

Plot
The continent of Fimarrda is called home to a vast array of people. Somewhat isolated to the east is a small nation known as Kliofela. The country is embraced and protected by a large mountain range that has served as home to their deepest roots, including the magic that lies within the land. Although many Kliofelians have forgotten their ancestors' sacrifices, and sometimes strike up quarrels among each other, they all have a love of their land in common. When it is in danger, they must learn to pull through united. On the precipice of total collapse of Kliofela, and possibly the rest of the world, will they be able to summon the courage to fight? To unlock secrets of the past, and take control of ancient magic they once had?

Four Kliofelians from across the nation end up by what seems a coincidence in the heart of the Zsiyen tribe's land. When one makes a unknowingly deadly decision to steal a dusty artifact, a sealed gate to the shadow plane rips open, releasing hell onto the Zsiyen's motherland. These four individuals take it upon themselves to save as many as they can, and all survive the bloodbath. In the end, they learn of an old folklore about the artifact and ruins it came from. In order to save their nation, one must find the other seals and the ancient spell to bind them once again to close the portal. For reasons of their own, they choose to make the journey together, oblivious to their fates tied by destiny.

Until the dust returns, they will fight for Kliofela.

Last edited:
Oh naw naw! I understand! Lol. Thank you, much appreciated. Good timing too, pc’s gotten super slow as of recently.
WOOT!!! ExcIteMent!!

First Rose First Rose I'm so glad I made it just in time 😂 I'm going to try to organize all the info we have so far on lore and put it into a thread tonight, so if you have more art or anything to send me, post it here!

First Rose First Rose They are both amazing! I attempted to make a map of just the country, but I think I'll remake it to resemble a part of that first one. The continent(name?) can be that map, and the Ostoyan Empire will suit Kliofela's geography the best. When I get home I'll attempt to recreate a zoom in on that one with some details added.

Name ideas:

Continent: Fimarrda ( Fee-MARE-duh)
Elfen race: Kliona - Klionoan (adjective)
Shadow variation: Deila ( Dye-la) - Deilonian
Desert variation: Zsiylen (xy-len) - Zsiyloan

Ooooooohhh ok ok. I see you.
Oh and I love the continent name,I definetly vote Yes for that one.

I dig the names. And the shadows are just like, dark elves right? Then the desert people are shapeshifters. Then we got the fish people, which are, forgot the name, then the Artia, who be the bird ppl.

Have we solidified how magic works yet? Like, how its used and why? Maybe it's divine magic, or perhaps its more of a lifesource?

First Rose First Rose

Yup, that's all of them! I think we were going to make the mountain/shadow race Asian based, so I might switch the name. What do you think of Zsiyen or Zsiylen for them, and maybe something like Kishmar for the shapeshifters ( kinda middle eastern based?)

Ah ok, I like that, kinda meshing them together with real ethnicity.
I think the Zsiyen sounds better, and I like the Kishmar a bit better. Yeah.

Ah gotcha, so what do you think it's purpose and kinda base should be. Like, would it come from the earth itself? Or perhaps it's kinda like the makers of the world kinda deal? And so forth.

Okay, Zsiyen it is! Do you have any name ideas for anything? And I like the idea of some kind of origin of magic, likes a god or goddess or some immortal entity.

Mhm, what left is there to name?
Mhm lezze, we got the races named, the country named, the continent named....
Mhmmmmmmmm, we plan to name the cities? I can get some for those ;P

OOOOOH That's dope! Like a god's blessed the land with plume's of magic, that could be why mage's could be though so highly cuz they're the one's who are worshipping the gods/godessses.
or perhaps, some people are Chosen, to hold certain magical aspects.

First Rose First Rose Yes! That would be perfect. Then I can add them to the map. And I was thinking a mix of both. Mages are chosen, and most revere their god, but not all mages share the faith.

What kind of higher beings? 👀
Mhmmmm. Gods and goddesses, all that jazz. Mayhaps the higher beings are a troop of Valkyries that bless all who worship them. But there's also like- a group of wendigis or something, that provide magic to those that channel some kind of mystic item...

What exactly are we looking for? Like, a group of higher beings? One mighty God, or wert?

I like the idea of gods and goddesses, but maybe one higher being above them? If you've ever played Dragon Age: Origin, I really enjoyed the idea of the mortal-turned-goddess they worshipped. There is a whole quest to find her ashes because of a rumor that it could heal anything. Maybe also spirits, Lady of the Lake esque?

Hmmm, I think that's pretty interesting. I'd be down to grow on that.

Also what do you think of:
Xudao | Suhnnon | Jangai - Trade City Capital

Al-Quji | Zahr | Ahrideh- Desert City Capitol

Kouye | Sakro | Sárde - Ocean City Capitol

Arzavask | Zhimara | Miavir - Sky City Capitol

Oooh, I think I like Xudao, Zahr, Kouye, and Zhimara. We could use the rest of them for other cities and towns.

Would you be willing to put together a small summary with pictures for each race, and maybe a little about how magic works? I'd like to start adding to the character/lore page so we can begin working on characters.

Maybe tomorrow or monday? What's good for you? I may have to recruit a few people, so you have time. It's been really quiet on the interest thread. 😥

Mhm, I’m in the process of going on trip with the fam, <~<. Latest I can say I can get it to yuh is Tuesday. That alright?
Maybe they didn’t watch the OOC thread, perhaps tag em all and see if they have any more ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back