Other What's your religion?

I will not convert you my friends, I'm an glad that you have spoke your reasons for your beliefs and I respect them, to each their own, i mean I can tell tthat you guys aren't bad people, most people on this site aren't bad peoole, so I have no reason to try to convert nor should I, I don't have the right to force my religion on youguys, unlike the damn zealots in my religion, literally give us a bad name, their hearts are somewhat in the right place but they go about it all wrong. How are you supposed to love your neighbor if you look at them with spite all because they don't believe?

Zombie-esque spectre at work? Shit, that's some pretty hard-core stuff over there.

Guess one really shouldn't play around with all things considered satanic. 

For myself; I've really been an unorthodox Muslim since birth.

What's it like being a Muslim? How is it different from the average household?

Two years ago, I relinquished my faith in God and decided to be an atheist. I hated God at the time because of the unfortunate circumstances in my life. I recently got kicked out of Job Corps for some bullshit but I managed to find a job. I was a cart pusher at Wal-Mart.

My life-style at the time was basically: Work, Eat, Workout, and Get Laid.

I was living in a homeless shelter because I couldn't afford my own apartment yet. I was frustrated. I worked hard and did everything right, but I was still in a homeless shelter.

So one day, out of spite, I went to the bathroom of the YMCA that I go to and decided to sell my soul to the devil. I didn't take it seriously as I was atheist back then. I simply wanted to give God the middle finger in case he actually existed. So in that bathroom, I roleplayed. I used my imagination and spoke to an imaginary devil.

Basically, in my conversation with the devil, I told them he could have my soul if I can have lots and lots of money. And I signed an imaginary written contract.

That night, when I was about to sleep at the second floor of the homeless shelter (I earned the privilege to be at the more comfortable second floor), I felt a presence. I didn't know what it was at first, until I hallucinated.

In my room were a bunch of floating heads. All of them women will pale gray skin and black hair. They were all staring at me with the eyes of a shark. They looked like zombies.

I immediately assumed that I was hallucinating, but I wasn't sure what. I wasn't crazy or anything. So I ignored what I saw and slept.

I had a dream...

In this dream, I was staring at a mirror. Behind me was one of the women that I saw, with her full body. She touched my shoulder and all of a sudden a sky and a forest appeared. She was dragging me down to the forest while I was desperately trying to get to the top. Then I woke up in a sweat.

I rushed back down the shelter to talk to the people who ran the place. They were religious people and someone I could trust. I told them everything. And then one of them asked me a very compelling question...

"Do you pray," he asked.

"Yes, I do. I pray to God," I told him.

"What was the name of the God that you were praying to?"

At that moment I froze. I didn't know what to say. The hairs at the back of my neck stood up.

The next morning, I went to work, and I hallucinated again while at work. It was the woman that I saw in my dream. I asked her what her name was, and she said, Akarya.

I looked up Akarya on the internet and it turned out that it was a Sanskrit word, meaning Forbidden Activities.

I stuck to Christianity ever since...

Your story is quite inspirational, in a weird learned lesson kind of way, I really do hope that your life improves.

I will not convert you my friends, I'm an glad that you have spoke your reasons for your beliefs and I respect them, to each their own, i mean I can tell tthat you guys aren't bad people, most people on this site aren't bad peoole, so I have no reason to try to convert nor should I, I don't have the right to force my religion on youguys, unlike the damn zealots in my religion, literally give us a bad name, their hearts are somewhat in the right place but they go about it all wrong. How are you supposed to love your neighbor if you look at them with spite all because they don't believe?

I think in a way, we need those so called zealots in our lives...

After all, as Christians, we are supposed to believe that Jesus is the only way to heaven. Only him...

After all, as Christians, we are supposed to believe that Jesus is the only way to heaven. Only him...

After all, as Christians, we are supposed to believe that Jesus is the only way to heaven. Only him...

After all, as Christians, we are supposed to believe that Jesus is the only way to heaven. Only him...

He is, but as a catholic I pray to those who helped Jesus along his path, mother Mary, John the Baptist, all the disciples and saints, we have prayers for them, now do o pray to all of them? No I do not, mainly just god, Jesus and Mary 

Have you heard of the Kalam Cosmological Argument?

It is an argument for an agent or agents, but by no means points to any specific individual creator - if anything, it supports the simulated universe hypothesis and to me paints any creators as too cruel or incompetent to be worthy of worship or attention.  And it's incompatible with the B-theory of time, which I have always found to be more compelling than the A-theory

What's it like being a Muslim? How is it different from the average household?

It surely is more different than Christian households. Such examples being:

1. Christians typically go to church on Sundays, whilst Muslims go to mosque on Fridays and perform their daily prayers (just about five times a day).

2. Islam is real tight on the matter of hygiene. Animals such as pigs are considered as haram (impure) and therefore, not edible. Alcohol are also prohibited, primarily for its intoxicating effects.

[SIZE= 12px]3. We aren't really as horrendous as the media portrays us to be (especially trump; I loathe that guy). The Qur'an (our holy book) primarily teaches us to be kind, honest, and caring towards our neighbours and fellow humans; much like the bible, I believe.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]4. Islam is really, really strict on the matter of modesty. That's probably why most Muslim women practice rigorous covering of their heads, and their body. Men are also liable to this, too.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]I can drone along all day about this, but I'll stop for now. [/SIZE]

It surely is more different than Christian households. Such examples being:

1. Christians typically go to church on Sundays, whilst Muslims go to mosque on Fridays and perform their daily prayers (just about five times a day).

2. Islam is real tight on the matter of hygiene. Animals such as pigs are considered as haram (impure) and therefore, not edible. Alcohol are also prohibited, primarily for its intoxicating effects.

3. We aren't really as horrendous as the media portrays us to be (especially trump; I loathe that guy). The Qur'an (our holy book) primarily teaches us to be kind, honest, and caring towards our neighbours and fellow humans; much like the bible, I believe.

4. Islam is really, really strict on the matter of modesty. That's probably why most Muslim women practice rigorous covering of their heads, and their body. Men are also liable to this, too.

I can drone along all day about this, but I'll stop for now. 

Pork is too precious for me to give up.. And what about the occasional Apple Cider!? Nooooooooooo!!!

Animals such as pigs are considered as haram (impure) and therefore, not edible.

I commend your ability to resist. I could never do that. Unless it was Friday, which then I don't eat any meat, which is tough in and of itself. ;;>_> 

Thanks for sharing everyone. As I hoped, this has been so far an interesting thread~ :D  

On topic:

There's a theory from a bunch of Satanists that insists that Jesus was a fictional character and that Satanism predated Christianity.

Can you believe that?? lol

I commend your ability to resist. I could never do that. Unless it was Friday, which then I don't eat any meat, which is tough in and of itself. ;;>_> 

Thanks for sharing everyone. As I hoped, this has been so far an interesting thread~ :D  

True, that.

[SIZE= 12px]Then again, my ability to resist isn't perfected yet; as I still listen to music, still watch gory films, and still write all them icky bits. Truly, Islam really is one difficult religion to follow.[/SIZE]

There's a theory from a bunch of Satanists that insists that Jesus was a fictional character and that Satanism predated Christianity.

I find the concept of the Bible as revisionist propaganda as narratively interesting as the next guy, but historically that couldn't begin to add up.  I take it this isn't post-Leveyan Satanists, but instead that bunch who are functionally Christian heretics?

Which when I think about it has an amusing symmetry. 

I find the concept of the Bible as revisionist propaganda as narratively interesting as the next guy, but historically that couldn't begin to add up.  I take it this isn't post-Leveyan Satanists, but instead that bunch who are functionally Christian heretics?

Which when I think about it has an amusing symmetry. 

These are not Laveyan Satanists. They call themselves Spiritual Satanists who literally believe in their true god Satan.

Look up joy of satan ministries. It's all there.

Ah, I see, yes, those would very technically be a form of Christian heretic since belief in Satan to that degree presupposes that the Abrahamic god exists.  This is particularly amusing given the origins of the title satan.

Mormon, on paper. Technically I guess I'm part Mormon part agnostic.

(Not following this thread, I'd rather not get into a discussion as sensitive as religion in public. Any specific questions you can ask me through PM.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back