Other What's your religion?

Zombocalypse

Quintessential Badboy
What's your religion?

Personally, I am a Christian. I'm on Jesus's team.

I was wondering how many Christians there are in this website. I was just curious.

I'm an atheist, but I wouldn't oppose being called a misotheist if someone was so inclined.

Roman Catholic. 

I've been curious for awhile now too but never really got the courage to speak up. 

This should be interesting! 

Do you believe in the Christian god or just a single god? You could actually be agnostic

im Roman Catholic 

Question...

What is the stance of the Catholic Church as far as the existence of an Immortal Soul?

I've done my research, and after reading countless articles, I came to the conclusion that there is no such thing as a soul. When we die, we simply sleep in the grave until the final resurrection. We are, in our entirety, a soul. We don't have a soul, we are a soul.

Question...

What is the stance of the Catholic Church as far as the existence of an Immortal Soul?

I've done my research, and after reading countless articles, I came to the conclusion that there is no such thing as a soul. When we die, we simply sleep in the grave until the final resurrection. We are, in our entirety, a soul. We don't have a soul, we are a soul.

The body is the vessel that holds the soul, as for what we're to happen for the ressurecction of the dead, I assume our souls return to our bodies, now what happens if your bodies are piles of dust? I'm not sure, I just assume it rebuilds itself

I don't belong to any religion. I just believe in one God.

Which God? You believe in a god, that you're acknowledging the existence of one, is it one that is known to the world or is it one you personally believe in, either way you may still fall under the classification of agnostic

I'm an Aethiest, and a proud Aethiest.

Why are you an atheist?

I'm curious. :)  I used to be an atheist myself until I witnessed a miracle in my life.

I'm an atheist, but I wouldn't oppose being called a misotheist if someone was so inclined.

What the heck is a misotheist? lol

Anyway... same question to you...

Why are you an atheist?

I'm curious. :)  I used to be an atheist myself until I witnessed a miracle in my life.

There ain't nothing bad about some story. So, if you have the time to spare, please do tell your story.

Two years ago, I relinquished my faith in God and decided to be an atheist. I hated God at the time because of the unfortunate circumstances in my life. I recently got kicked out of Job Corps for some bullshit but I managed to find a job. I was a cart pusher at Wal-Mart.

My life-style at the time was basically: Work, Eat, Workout, and Get Laid.

I was living in a homeless shelter because I couldn't afford my own apartment yet. I was frustrated. I worked hard and did everything right, but I was still in a homeless shelter.

So one day, out of spite, I went to the bathroom of the YMCA that I go to and decided to sell my soul to the devil. I didn't take it seriously as I was atheist back then. I simply wanted to give God the middle finger in case he actually existed. So in that bathroom, I roleplayed. I used my imagination and spoke to an imaginary devil.

Basically, in my conversation with the devil, I told them he could have my soul if I can have lots and lots of money. And I signed an imaginary written contract.

That night, when I was about to sleep at the second floor of the homeless shelter (I earned the privilege to be at the more comfortable second floor), I felt a presence. I didn't know what it was at first, until I hallucinated.

In my room were a bunch of floating heads. All of them women with pale gray skin and black hair. They were all staring at me with the eyes of a shark. They looked like zombies.

I immediately assumed that I was hallucinating, but I wasn't sure what. I wasn't crazy or anything. So I ignored what I saw and slept.

I had a dream...

In this dream, I was staring at a mirror. Behind me was one of the women that I saw, with her full body. She touched my shoulder and all of a sudden a sky and a forest appeared. She was dragging me down to the forest while I was desperately trying to get to the top. Then I woke up in a sweat.

I rushed back down the shelter to talk to the people who ran the place. They were religious people and someone I could trust. I told them everything. And then one of them asked me a very compelling question...

"Do you pray," he asked.

"Yes, I do. I pray to God," I told him.

"What was the name of the God that you were praying to?"

At that moment I froze. I didn't know what to say. The hairs at the back of my neck stood up.

The next morning, I went to work, and I hallucinated again while at work. It was the woman that I saw in my dream. I asked her what her name was, and she said, Akarya.

I looked up Akarya on the internet and it turned out that it was a Sanskrit word, meaning Forbidden Activities.

I stuck to Christianity ever since...

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone who shuns and hates deities.  Like misanthropy, but for gods.

Because nothing else makes sense to me.  There is no evidence to support the existence of a god, and the majority of gods hypothesized are either inadequate or outright malevolent.

Have you heard of the Kalam Cosmological Argument?

Look it up. It is, in my opinion, the best argument for His existence.

Two years ago, I relinquished my faith in God and decided to be an atheist. I hated God at the time because of the unfortunate circumstances in my life. I recently got kicked out of Job Corps for some bullshit but I managed to find a job. I was a cart pusher at Wal-Mart.

My life-style at the time was basically: Work, Eat, Workout, and Get Laid.

I was living in a homeless shelter because I couldn't afford my own apartment yet. I was frustrated. I worked hard and did everything right, but I was still in a homeless shelter.

So one day, out of spite, I went to the bathroom of the YMCA that I go to and decided to sell my soul to the devil. I didn't take it seriously as I was atheist back then. I simply wanted to give God the middle finger in case he actually existed. So in that bathroom, I roleplayed. I used my imagination and spoke to an imaginary devil.

Basically, in my conversation with the devil, I told them he could have my soul if I can have lots and lots of money. And I signed an imaginary written contract.

That night, when I was about to sleep at the second floor of the homeless shelter (I earned the privilege to be at the more comfortable second floor), I felt a presence. I didn't know what it was at first, until I hallucinated.

In my room were a bunch of floating heads. All of them women will pale gray skin and black hair. They were all staring at me with the eyes of a shark. They looked like zombies.

I immediately assumed that I was hallucinating, but I wasn't sure what. I wasn't crazy or anything. So I ignored what I saw and slept.

I had a dream...

In this dream, I was staring at a mirror. Behind me was one of the women that I saw, with her full body. She touched my shoulder and all of a sudden a sky and a forest appeared. She was dragging me down to the forest while I was desperately trying to get to the top. Then I woke up in a sweat.

I rushed back down the shelter to talk to the people who ran the place. They were religious people and someone I could trust. I told them everything. And then one of them asked me a very compelling question...

"Do you pray," he asked.

"Yes, I do. I pray to God," I told him.

"What was the name of the God that you were praying to?"

At that moment I froze. I didn't know what to say. The hairs at the back of my neck stood up.

The next morning, I went to work, and I hallucinated again while at work. It was the woman that I saw in my dream. I asked her what her name was, and she said, Akarya.

I looked up Akarya on the internet and it turned out that it was a Sanskrit word, meaning Forbidden Activities.

I stuck to Christianity ever since...

Zombie-esque spectre at work? Shit, that's some pretty hard-core stuff over there.

Guess one really shouldn't play around with all things considered satanic. 

For myself; I've really been an unorthodox Muslim since birth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back