Other What's your most hated fan ship?

Anything with incest. Kiss X Sis is a good example of an anime that I hate with a burning passion with ships from left and right I cannot stand. Just, like, no. 

no thank you

I completely agree on Kagome X Sesshomaru. I also don't enjoy seeing Rin X Sesshomaru, which I believe is a fairly popular ship last time I checked? Not entirely sure.

I've been an avid shipper for Touka X Kaneki in the past, but I can see why people don't like it. Early, pre-torture Kaneki with Touka was pretty cute, but older more messed up Kaneki? I might have to think about that. I'm honestly starting to think it'd best for Kaneki to be a single man when the manga ends, being just bros with everyone. It makes the most sense tbh.

Well, that is, if TG even gets a happy ending.

However, the one ship I really hate is Yato X Yukine from Noragami. I could go on and on about it, but I'll spare everyone the details unless someone wants me too, which is unlikely lol.

Never really was a big fan of shipping real life people either.

mituna x cronus

terezi x gamzee

dave x dirk

pearl x garnet

jasper x lapis

rose x anyone

harry x ginny

hermione x ron

draco x hermione

Any ships taking a character of one sexual orientation and making them a different one. It goes against everything in my core that says, "That's not how the character is supposed to be."

And that includes any sexual orientation; gay, straight, whatever, and changing it.  

It would be the same if I were to take, I dunno, Edmund Reid from Ripper Street and imbue him with magical girl powers so that he could fight dragons. It's not who he is.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really mind fictional character ships, but the ones that really bother me are the ones involving real people. Josh X Tyler from twenty one pilots, anything with Brendan from P!TAD (because he is married) and anything with Pete Wentz from FOB, again because he is happily married. I really, really hate when people ship people that are currently in a relationship with someone who is not the SO. 

It also bothers me when people think they have to ship every character in an anime/manga/show/movie/book. Seriously, some characters need to just have platonic relationships. 

One type of ships I dislike are there ones where one person is the "Obsessively Attached Stalker" and the other is more meh about feelings...

I'm confused as to what you mean by fanship? Are you referring to pairings of fictional characters? 

If so I do hate anthropomorphic characters being drawn on horribly sketched fanfictions in sixth graders diaries. Most notably the pairing of Sonic characters with other anthropomorphic characters and Five Nights at Freddies characters with one another. Personally I hate Five Nights at Freddies anyways because the jumpscare gets old and the community completely rips any essence of fear from me by drawing them holding hands. I will also take a notable displeasure in minecraft characters engaging for sexual blocks since as a child I never got aroused by building blocks and will not start now. Please do write down my distaste in pretty much any male characters from anime getting all gooey with each other, I am not a homophobe or anything but almost 100 % of the time both characters will probably be some crazy fighters with insane powers they use to accomplish great feats. And if that isn't enough they'll probably be bitter enemies. For example Goku x Vegeta, I'd rather see them try and kill each other as opposed to holding hands. It seemingly defeats the purpose of their rivalry when I see them fighting and I start thinking of that one particular sketch that shows them defacating into each others mouths.

Ahh a lot.

I'll list the ones that first come to mind.

Denmark x Norway (Hetalia)

I really dislike them together. Not really any apparent reason, but I just feel they aren't very suited. They have a lot of history, and I could totally see something between them in said history, but in the present I just don't really see it. It doesn't seem like it'd be very compatible from Norway's standpoint, seeing how unemotional he is towards Denmark, somewhat cruel, and inattentive while Denmark is so abrasive, brash, and loud. It seems like they'd quarrel all the time, and that's not really a good basis for a relationship. I like healthy relationships!

Norway x Iceland (Hetalia)

They're technically brothers. I'm not a huge fan of them.

Hanzo x McCree (Overwatch) 

Okay. This one gets me heated.

McCree and Genji were best friends. WHY ON EARTH WOULD MCCREE WANT TO DATE THE BROTHER THAT MURDERED HIS FRIEND???? It just doesn't make any logical sense to me!! Yet it's the most popular ship, and it really makes me uncomfortable because it just doesn't really... Click. Other than the connection both of them share with Genji, what else do they really have? There's no in-game connections, such as quotes or any lore based, and other than the fact they're both attractive men of the same age group, they have NOTHING in common. Not even personality or interest wise.

Those are really the only ones I have huge problems with, unless you want me to get into Homestuck. Then that just gets extensive, and I can write novels lmao.

Cloud/Tifa

It kinda bothered me she never broke the news to Cloud that he was freakin' nuts and mis-remembering things. A childhood friend should be able to tell you you're crazy. Tifa is great by herself. But I don't really ship them. 

ships i tend to loathe:

-anything incest that isnt canon (bc sometimes there actually are canon incest ships, and it's taboo but otherwise harmless--assuming it's consensual. i don't tend to ship siblings unless it's blatantly stated in the original material, tho.)

-anything abusive (someone mentioned like jasper and lapis which i think is a pretty good example. their ties are problematic and really impacting on the characters just like they would be on real people and 0/10 cannot and will not get behind that kind of fear and manipulation and stuff.)

-literally anything from sherlock. i just fuckin hate that show.

My most rage inducing ship is Grey and Juvia. She's a stalker who is so obsessed with him that the only way I can ever see him falling for her is Stockholm, which is bad to promote. Anime: If you stalk your crush home and steal their underwear and shit they will totally fall in love with you! Yet everyone seems to think their so cute together because their powers happen to mesh well.

Thank you! Someone understands! *cries*

To me, their relationship seemed a bit forced, like he was really just taking pity on her or something. Plus the whole stalking thing... If anything, he was just being a nice guy.

It didn't help that I was so madly in love with him. :T

Other than that, I freaking hate Gray x Lucy and Natsu x Lisanna. Gray and Lucy hung out a lot at first, sure, but they didn't show any real attraction to each other. And with Lisanna....yeah, yeah, they're childhood friends, but the amount of time he spends with Lucy seems to disprove everything about them. (Also, NaLu is life, so...)

Along the same lines as other people, I absolutely hate nonsensical incest ships, especially when the anime isn't clearly labeled an "incest anime." I really don't understand Ed x Al. Like, what? Hello? ED X WINRY. I also once saw Rin x Yukio, and I was horrified....it just wasn't something I could ever be okay with.

Besides that, I hate yaoi/yuri ships that are shipped just for the sake of yaoi/yuri. For example, Rogue and Sting of Fairy Tail. I seem them simply as teammates that learned how to better work together as time went on. Not a couple. At all. (Besides, Sting is so clearly a ladies' man.) But there are pictures out there of them as a couple, and it doesn't even seem to be because they think they belong together, but rather just for the sake of shipping two guys. Don't get me wrong, I love gay couples (like Neville and Mason in the Nightshade trilogy), but not when they don't seem to be possible or have any chemistry. Or, if said people clearly do not have interest in those types of relationships.

Gah, that's my rant for today. Good work, me. *pats on back*

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back