Experiences what's the most difficult fandom for you to find roleplay partners with?

i think we've all been there - seriously wanting to roleplay something specific. you have the character ready, a plot in mind, and plenty of writing samples to give! ... aaand then there's no one that you can find to roleplay with. from fandoms to certain storylines, what's your struggle bus? we all have it!

mine is currently attack on titan. plenty of harry potter roleplays available, even demon slayer! but attack on titan is futile sometimes. i think it might be due to that fact its so serious?

whats yours?

I LOVE Attack on Titan and desperately want an RP for it. But you're right. It's really hard to make an RP for it that people will join.

I think part of it is the nature of the story with the nine Titan Shifters being kind of like "the chosen" ones, and the Ackermans being overpowered superheroes among regular people.

I've been thinking about making an Attack on Titan RP that removes the Titan Shifters, Ackermans, and the concept that Titans are transformed humans and that instead they're just a natural monster in the world. That way there's no imbalance of "power" among those who join and everyone can just enjoy the survival aspect of being in a world of monstrous man-eating creatures that seem to have no end to their numbers in sight, and for those who are among the Scouts they can enjoy being badasses (who are still vulnerable because they're only human).

However, I'm not sure how well that idea would be received given that those three elements are key to the source material's storytelling. Still, I'm tempted to give it a shot. We'll see if things start looking up soon.

Games like Disney Twisted Wonderland and Obey Me, those games are super popular but I hardly ever see people Rp them. Genshin Impact and the Dragon Age trilogy are two others.

Hard to find people I feel into stuff like Sonic, Pokemon, etc who wanna be more mature with the plot.

Also Original trilogy Spyro.

Current fandoms I'm having a hard time finding a partner for are the following:

Dexter (Showtime)
Cowboy Bebop
Peaky Blinders
Criminal Minds
Vampire Diaries
The Originals
Batman
Daredevil

It's hard to find a partner who wants to be in a story for the long haul. But man when you find a great fit it's one of the best writing experiences you can have.

Most comics that I read on Tapas, haha. I feel like that one is a given. Aside from that, though, RWBY. It used to be popular back when it first came out, but I suppose that the fanbase has mostly abandoned it and/or outright forgotten about it.

Hmm, probably the Cosmere from Brandon Sanderson. Understandably, there's so many rules and so many worlds that it's easy to make mistakes. I was part of a (very) small community on discord that did Stormlight roleplays, but there were too many "unique" characters that broke the world's rules.

Devil May Cry. I have two decent stories going on with partners I met before I joined this site. Otherwise...it's pretty empty, haha.

hmm... right now? probably nbc's hannibal lol. I feel like that's just a difficult thing to rp in general so it's difficult to find partners for.

For me it has been Mo Dao Zu Shi/The Untamed and Word of Honor/Faraway Wanderers for a while now. I think it's because they are BL/danmei fandoms and I quite strongly dislike some tropes that are very prominent in the genre and establish that pretty firmly in my searches, which I imagine will turn off most people who like the source material enough to seek out RP. :X Additionally WoH/FA isn't that well-known, I believe. Not the novel, anyway.
I also haven't been able to get/keep a good horror RP going so far. That might be partly because I'm picky about horror haha. :ghostunu:

OC Transformers RP. There was a time where I really, really wanted to join or make a transformers RP and it was difficult to find interest or partners. I think there's a lot interesting themes that can be explored with original characters using the transformers setting and lore. It's been a long time though.

Another one that surprises me is Resident Evil, especially Village. I don't know why but its super hard to find people for this game, considering how much hype it got thanks to Lady Dimitrescu.

Criminal minds
mostly seems to be antasy/harry pottr/marvel/superhero/thing's i haven't heard of

In my experience, it tends to be older fandoms. Ones that are 20+ years old. For me personally, though, DIgimon has been the most difficult. I suppose it's tied directly to how most prefer Pokemon over DIgimon, which I totally understand. The latter isn't as popular, but I personally prefer Digimon over Pokemon.

i'd like to do a 7th heaven one. but it was a show from like 25 years ago so no one remembers it lol

i'd like to do a 7th heaven one. but it was a show from like 25 years ago so no one remembers it lol
25 years old, huh?
Some of my favorite fandoms I'm into are from as far back as the late 70s. lol

Lemme just shoot some of these off real quick:
  • Judge Dredd (1977 - present)
  • Conan the Barbarian (1932, 1982, 1984)
  • Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (2003)
  • Star Wars, in the Great Galactic War era <<< very specific, I know. lol
  • Cadillacs and Dinosaurs (1993 -1994)
  • Redwall (1986) or Mouseguard (2006 - present)
  • Mad Max (1979 - present)
  • Warhammer 40,000 (1987-present)
    • But RPing specifically as Orks/Gretchin
All of these fandom RPs I would undertake only as Group RP, of course.

On top of finding others interested in these fandoms however, is always the problem of my own scheduling and availability for participation.

Last edited:
Current fandoms I'm having a hard time finding a partner for are the following:

Dexter (Showtime)
Cowboy Bebop
Peaky Blinders
Criminal Minds
Vampire Diaries
The Originals
Batman
Daredevil

It's hard to find a partner who wants to be in a story for the long haul. But man when you find a great fit it's one of the best writing experiences you can have.
I love Cowboy Bebop, Vampire Diaries, and Criminal Minds!

have to say the grishaverse or a court of thorns and roses. both universes have sooo much potential to expand on with ocs, but i never see anyone wanting to rp them

Albeit I haven't done much Interest Checking on my part, I've done a little bit of searching for any Dying Light RPs, and they just... don't exist. Not anymore, at least. I get that the characters and concepts are a bit superhuman, in a sense, and could be difficult to control in an RP setting, but I feel like the world and lore would be fun to develop.

My friends and I just finished DL2 a few weeks ago (very late, I know; we were going through the story only when we were all together), so I'm kind of on a zombie-style binge. Re-playing DL1, finishing up TLOU2 (also very late, oops), playing State of Decay, etc. As such, I've been wanting to either do a DL or TLOU RP.

I would like to do a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP that deviates from game logic and looks at the it from a world building lens

Too much of Pokemon RPs focus on game logic and that just leads to meta gaming

les Miserables, phantom of the opera.... any musical, really.
Honestly! The musical fandoms themselves seem so expansive but there seem to be very few roleplayers among the theatre community. Truly tragic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back